The Crystal Style User ( A Ne...

By seth209knight

Michigo Kagami is 13 and the last of her clan and the only one to have survived. Since she was the last of he... More

A/N
chapter 1 The Leaf Village
chapter 2 Team 8
chapter 3 True Strength
chapter 4 Team 3
chapter 5
chapter 6 The unknown vistor
chapter 7 Lady Hokage
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 Jealousy
chapter 10
chapter 11 Almira the Summoning Animal
Chapter 12 A New Type of Training
chapter14 jounin written exam
Jounin Exams PART2 one on one combat
chapter 15
chapter 16 Back Home
chapter 17 Team 5
Chapter 18 Friend or Enemy?
chapter 19 Testing His Limits
chapter 20 Confessions and Betrayal
Chapter 21 Tears
chapter 22 Encounter
chapter 23 Sasuke's Leaving
chapter 24 Good News
chapter 25 Joint Training
chapter 26 Invasion
chapter 27 At Death's Door Once Again
chapter 28 Traitors?
chapter 29 Mission to the Land of Birds
chapter 30
chapter 31 Feelings
chapter 32 The Kiss
chapter 33
chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words
chapter 35 She's Back
chapter 36
chapter 37 True Fear
chapter 38 Entity
chapter 39
chapter 40
A/N

chapter 13 promotion

523 16 5
By seth209knight

The next morning I had an unexpected visitor. It was shizune. I looked to her confused. I was just glad that I was already up and dressed for the day. I ate some eggs and fruit for breakfast and was in the middle of washing my plate. I already fed Almira. So we were ready to go after I washed my dish.

"Yes? Can I help you with anything?" I asked politely.

"Lady Tsunade wants to see you right away." She said as she started to walk away. I was assuming she wanted me to follow her right then and there, so I looked to Almira and nodded. We locked up my apartment and ran after Shizune to follow her to the hokages office. When we got there we knocked on her door and waited for entry.

"Come in." We entered and stood in front of her. I was extremely nervous. I didn't know if this was a good or bad thing. I mean it was around 6:30 in the damn morning and Guy senseis training started at 7 am. I couldn't believe how early these leaf people started there day but if the hokage wanted me this early I thought it might have been a bad thing.

What did I do now?

"So I was told that your training is going well. I wanted to inform you that Guy recommended you for a jounin promotion. On one condition. You have to pass several tests. I also want to see you fight several jounin. I want to see how you handle it. I also want to see you handle leading a squad. You and your teammates are going on a mission after your first previous tests. Your are going on a B rank mission with Guy there to observe." Lady Tsunade said as she read some papers. I heard the door open behind me and saw the other teams sensei's. I got excited for a moment thinking of how I can become a jounin but scared at who I might face off against.

"Um mam who am I going up against and what kind of tests do I have to do?" I asked a little nervous. I palms started getting sweaty. I got nervous not only from the tests but from the jounin behind me. Only Guy sensei wasn't there.

"You will start off with a written test. You wont be the only one there either. Several students have been selected. Then you face off against Kurenai, Asuma, then Guy. Kakashi and I will observe. I want to test you and see how you handle these fights. There skills and strengths are different from each other. After that I want you to chose someone it could be from your own team or anyone to be your partner. You and your partner, hopefully you chose someone who can track, but you and them will be inside the forest of death and you will have several objects and other ninja to find. It will be like a mission. Then it will be time for your real mission with your whole team along with Guy sensei. You will be captain of the team during that mission. Is that clear?" She said that all in one go that I barely got any of it.

"Uhmm... yes mam.  So where do I start and when?" I asked. I was even more nervous at how many tests I was to perform.

"You start your written exam one week from today. Guy has your jounin application. Once you get it you will have to sign it then meet in room 101 and turn it in. They will trade it in for the test. This is only a recommendation so if you feel your not ready you can wait any take the chunin exams with the rest of your team. Are you ok with this?" She explained. I was relieved that it wasn't necessary. I was also glad that I had time to prepare if I chose to take them.

"Yes mam. If that is all I will take my leave." I nodded in confirmation. She ok'd it and let me go. It was 7:30 in the morning. I was assuming that Guy sensei knew where I was. Almira and I started heading for the training grounds to meet up with Lee. I still had my taijutsu to work on.

"So will you do it?" Almira asked. I shrugged my shoulders. I was lost in thought.  I honestly didn't know if I wanted to apply for the jounin tests.
"You know michigo I wont be able to help you in your tests. I'm a summoning animal and unless you need me you can't have me as a partner 24/7. Im here to help you train that's it." I was in shock that I couldn't speak.

"Wait what?!" I said as soon as I got my voice back. She nodded. I sighed as I knew that this might happen. I just didn't want it to be true.

"Sorry michigo." She apologized to me as we entered the training grounds.  We were met with eight pairs of eyes.

"You're late. What were you doing sleeping on the job?" Tenten antagonized. I was really starting to dislike her. For one she steals Neji away and two she tries to make me look stupid in front of the team. Lee and neji  seemed to ignore her though. Lee I could understand but neji I didn't. I just hoped what Almira said was true. That he was jealous and liked me back. It was now time to put it to the test.

"Uhm no sorry to burst your bubble but I was talking to lady Tsunade about getting recommended for jounin.  I have to pass several tests but I was recommended for them." I said confidently and loudly to make sure the whole team heard. There mouths dropped. Tenten was speechless for once. I inwardly laughed at how stupid she looked.

"Wait Guy sensei she's not even that strong. Why her?" Tenten complained waving her arounds and gesturing to me.

"What?! That is amazing!" Lee complimented. He was truly excited about this news.
"So are you going to take them? When are they?" He asked with a big grin on his face.
I laughed at excited he was for me.

"I don't know Lee. I don't know if I'm ready or not." I said honestly. I knew the others were listening but I didn't care. If I got recommended for jounin then it was obvious that I was stronger then them. However it hurt me that Neji didn't say anything. Not even congratulations.  I didn't let it show though or I tried not to. I didnt know if he saw that or not but I did however know that Almira saw because she nudged me a little. I looked down to her but she didn't say anything just took a glance towards Neji.

"What? Why not? You're a splendid ninja. I think you could pass. I believe in you. I cannot lose to you so once you pass I'll pass too when I get recommended." Lee said with a thumbs up as his teeth sparkled with his smile. I smiled and giggled a little.  That was all the support I needed to make my decision to take the exams. I nodded towards him and walked over to Guy sensei.

"I'm ready to take the exams." I said confidently. I stood up straight and tall. I was proud of who I was. I was strong and most of all stronger than Tenten. I was hoping that I'd pass. Hopefully I would. It would be a big disappointment if I didn't.  He smiled and his teeth also sparkled. I inwardly shook my head at how similar Lee and Guy sensei were.

"Alrighty then. Here's your application. Turn it in signed to room 101 at 12 noon. Did Tsunade go over it with you?" He said seriously as he handed me the form. I took it and looked down to read it.

"Yes Guy sensei. She did." I looked up to answer him as I was done glancing over it. I carefully place it in my pouch then began my taijutsu training with Lee.  We did our run it was long and tiring for me as I had the heavy weights on my ankles again. Then began our combat training. He was harsher then yesterday and we trained all day. We didn't get off early. Which I had hoped for. I wanted to train all day because it would mean Neji could walk me home and he could see how strong I was.

"Ok guys your done for today. michigo I hope you do your best for the jounin exams. You'll do great I know you will that's because you're my student."  Guy sensei said with a thumbs up again. I nodded my head exhausted. I felt like I was about to collapse when I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist holding me up. I looked and saw Neji. I was shocked at why he would do this because he hadn't said anything all day. My heart started to race because he wrapped one of my arms around his head and tightened his arm around my waist pulling me closer that our sides were touching.

"Uhm... I could've rode on Almira. Its ok Neji. Honest." I said stuttering a little. I heard a grunt behind me and saw Tenten storm past us. I noticed that Lee and Guy sensei were gone too.

They probably went for a walk around the leaf village on there hands again. I swear those two.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as Neji and I started for my house. It was silent for a couple minutes before he spoke to me for the first time today. I looked to Almira and she winked towards me then left silently to give us some alone time. My heart was pounding now as I knew we were completely alone.

"Its ok Michigo. You don't have to act strong. I can see your exhausted and about to collapse." He said quietly but softly. I was nervous too nervous to even notice we weren't walking towards my house but towards the trees where there was an open meadow. I didn't know why we were going that way but I did know that it was always abandoned.

"Hey Neji. Why are we going this way? My house is the other way." I asked him stuttering a little. I heard him chuckle as he noticed my nervousness.  I could tell he knew why but I was glad he didn't say anything about it. He just stayed quiet leaving me to my thoughts. When we got there he carefully sat me down. He sat down next to me and pulled out some rice balls. Probably for dinner as we obviously weren't going back to the village.

"Thank you." I said quietly blushing a little. I looked down to hopefully hide my blushing face. I blushed harder when I heard him chuckling at me. He must've seen my blush. Once we were done eating I noticed the sky was getting darker and the stars were coming out. I was glad it wasn't cold out tonight as he was keeping me here for some odd reason.

"Come. Lay down with me and watch the stars." I heard him say softly as he gently pulled me down to lay on the grass with him. Instead of me laying down he pulled me so that I was laying on his chest. It made my heart beat so fast I thought it would stop and I was sure that my face was red. His heart was calm. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in tight. We sat there in silence watching the sky get darker as the stars came out. His breathing was calm as I was sure mine was erratic.

"Congratulations." He said softly into my hair. I was sure at that point he could hear my heart racing. I just snuggled into him to try to prevent him from seeing my tomato red face. To my luck he was chuckling again.
"You're so nervous. Why?" He asked me. This time I could feel his eyes on me but I ignored him and snuggled more so he couldn't see my face. I didn't answer him as I knew my voice would betray me.
"Its ok michigo. I will always be here for you." He whispered. Then my breathing got caught in my throat when I felt a light kiss on the top of my head. I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. I started listening to his heart beat. His heart beat and calmed breathing was enough to drift me off to sleep. The last thing I heard was him chuckling. I fell asleep on his chest and my hand subconsciously wrapped around his neck to pull him closer. He was warm and I liked that. I fell asleep with a smile. This was truly my dream coming real. I silently thanked Kami for giving me Almira. I didn't know if it was in my dream or not but I could've swore I heard Neji say to me
"Goodnight princess." Then I was out and smiling that I was with Neji.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.5K 2.1K 47
After the Fourth Shinobi War was over, Tenten could finally mourn the loss of her lover and teammate, Neji. When a strange woman approaches her one d...
4K 89 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...
210K 6.6K 22
[COMPLETED] Mikazuki Hatake lost her family when she was 6 years old, only to gain another one. And his name was Kakashi Hatake Now 13 and about to b...
215K 7.5K 45
Minako is a calm, cool and collective type of person, but get her mad and it's all over. She does anything for her friends and fellow shinobi, whethe...