The Curse

By ljkastermans

Hindsight is 20:20, as they say. But Madeline's vision had never been that great. Blind-sided by the Superna... More

A.N.
Volume One | Prelude:
Volume One | Prologue 1.2
1.1 | In which, she doesn't want to be special
1.2 | In which, she doesn't want to be special
2.1 | In which, she accepts she is special
3.1 | In which, the Alpha is overruled
4.1 | In which, a theory begins to form
4.2 | In which, a theory begins to form
5.1 | In which, two and two make four
5.2 | In which, two and two makes four
6.1| In which, the plot thickens
6.2 | In which, the plot thickens
7.1 | In which, actions have consequences
7.2 | In which, actions have consequences
8.1 | In which, we see the aforementioned consequences
8.2 | In which, we see the aforementioned consequences
9.1 | In which, actions still have consequences
9.2 | In which, actions still have consequences
10.1 | In which, we see the aforementioned consequences again.
11.1 | In which, answers are given
12.1 | In which, more answers are given
12.2 | In which, more answers are given
13.1 | In which, a Queen is made
14.1 | In which, life carries on
14.2 | In which, life carries on
15.1 | In which, forgiveness is the virtue of a Queen
15.2 | In which, forgiveness is the virtue of a queeN
16.1 | In which, self-sacrifice is the cure for all
16.2 | In which, self-sacrifice is the cure for all
17.1 | In which, it both ends, and begins again
17.2 | In which, it both ends, and begins again
17.3 | In which, it both ends, and begins again
A.N. | Thank-You
Coming Soon | Migás' Monarch #3
Volume Two | Prologue 1.1

Epilogue | In which, she thinks its over

778 37 12
By ljkastermans

MADELINE

As they spun their way around the ballroom, Madeline felt giddy with happiness. She hadn't felt this degree of enjoyment for a long time, dancing with her mate surrounded by pure acceptance was something she'd never thought she'd feel. She never thought that she'd ever belong in any place. Yet, all around her were family, friends, and newly formed alliances. Everything was as it should be in the world, or so Madeline appeared to think. She knew that off to the side of the room a women stood, glaring at the two of them. She felt the words the women threw in her direction, I had to die for this happiness. It pushed through the room, and Madeline noted that the women smiled as she flinched at the idea.

The women stood, and watched as Madeline stumbled slightly, before regaining her footing. She was glad the girl could detect her. Smiling at the man in Madeline's arms, the women admired the boy before her. He'd grown up to be a stunning man. She just wished that he, or his father were able to see her.

She didn't know that Madeline could, and the women didn't realise that so could Rodger. Madeline glanced over a there repeatedly, making are she never made it obvious enough that the women would realise what she was doing.

It was exactly as there diary had said. All through the castle there were the souls of all those who had died in the vicinity of the castle. Trapped. It was how Madeline got her powers, how Neaera had gotten her powers in the first place. Madeline knew she'd have to tell Xavier but she wanted to give him this one night.

They had to find a way to break whatever was holding them here. She knew Neaera had felt the same, which is why she'd left Rodger, who was the emissary to the Gods. Yet, he would always be loyal to the line of the Neaeras.

The women knew that her family felt her, especially when she was near to them, but neither could hear, nor see her. She was not mad at any of them, as much as she despised death, and being stuck in such a place. She despised Neaera, for taking the easy way out. She didn't know the entire story, but she'd made her assumptions, and as all vengeful spirits did, she was sticking to them.

Neaera had told the girl that she'd been trapped, and then she'd "sacrificed" her life for that of Rodger. If only the girl knew, she'd not be so happy in this haunted place. Glancing around the room, she warned every stuck soul to not act tonight. She'd decided to give them one night of happiness. They deserved at least that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

293K 16.5K 28
Lucy doesn't have any memories from when she was a child. All she remembers is the boy who saved her life, after she had been attack by a vampire. Y...
1.9K 173 52
This is book two of the series. The Fate of The Luna is the first book. This is not a stand alone book. You will need to read book one. The same warn...
7.3K 218 57
A boy wakes up in a mysterious castle with no memory except his name. The rooms are always changing and time has lost all meaning. Reoccurring dreams...
3.7M 22.4K 15
"Reject me." His eyes lightened a little, with surprise and he pulled away from me slightly. "Reject me Will, I dare you." The future is what you mak...