Mrs. Rockstar

By RunAwayCircus

Stage and Jake are madly in love until they have a fall out involving their band, Run Away Circus. It leaves... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 20

551 15 0
By RunAwayCircus

A couple days had passed since I had a talk with Cody about his sleeping issue. He says he's fine when everything just seems like its getting worse. I really just wish he would except he isn't a burden to me and let  me take care of him. Jake was even trying to hint to Cody that it would be okay if I slept with him but Cody hasn't even said anything! I'm really getting worried.

"Hey baby." Jake said as he put his arms around my neck and pulled his head lower to kiss my cheek. I looked up and kissed him on his lips. We both looked at each other and smiled.

Jake got up and came to sit next to me on the couch. "So where's Cody?" Jake asked curiously as he looked around.

I sighed. "He thinks if he tires himself out a bit more then he can sleep better. I honestly don't know how much longer I can go with staying out of it. He has bags under his eyes and closes his eyes every 10 seconds." I felt so guilty. Was I even being a good friend by staying out of all of this? He said he didn't need me but I know he does. "What do I do?" I groaned.

Jake put his arm around me. "Be honest. Tell him you don't feel right about sitting out of this because y'know he's only getting worse. You need to let him know  you are worried about him."

"He won't listen to me. He thinks he's a burden on you and I because he stays here." I sighed again. "Why won't he let me help him!"

"You could always drug him?" Jake smirked. "We still have those pills and we could slip them in hi-" I cut him off.

"What!? I am not drugging him so he can sleep! Are you crazy?" I said laughing. "That is wrong on so many levels and just evil!"

Jake laughed. "I was just kidding!"

"You better be." I said with a smile. Jake could always boost my mood it seemed like. Tyler never even really cared, he would usually let me work it out on my own. Why am I even thinking about Tyler? He's history and a douche. I don't need him or any memories of him.

"So I was thinking... maybe just you and I could go out to a nice dinner together? We could go to that really nice place down the street and you can  order anything you want." He smiled. "We could get dressed u-"

The sound of my phone ringing caused Jake to stop. I picked up my phone and flipped it open. "Hello?" I said into it.

"Hello, is this Stage?" A women asked on the other line.

"Sure is, who's this?" I questioned back.

"This is St. Luke's Hospital. We have your friend, Cody, here. He was seen walking into a street when a car was coming. The car hit him and he is unconscious. This number was on his medical files as family." The lady said calmly.

Tears began to form in my eyes and I stood up. "I need to come see him, is that aloud?"

"Yes, yes. Just come and ask for his room number dear. We've contacted all his other contacts marked down already. Visiting is only aloud till 8 though." I looked at the clock and it was 5.

"Okay, thank you." I hung up and began to cry as I quickly grabbed my purse.

Jake followed me asking me what was wrong. I was silent and got in the car. Jake followed and I let him. I started to pull out of the drive way and headed to the hospital.

"Tell me what happened, Stage? Who was on the phone?" Jake kept questioning,

We hit a red light and that's when I really began to cry. "Cody is in the hospital!" I practically yelled. "It's all my fault!" The green light flicked on and I pressed the gas pettle.

"Stage, calm down. It can't be your fault. What exactly happened?" Jake said all at once. I could tell he was a little panicked too.

"I can't calm down, it is my fault, and he got hit by a car!" I yelled. I couldn't stop yelling. I don't know why I was mad, probably at myself.

"How is any of this your fault?" Jake asked in a clam voice. He was trying so hard to keep calm. He had to be just as upset as I was. Cody and him were good friends now and always actually were.

"He probably didn't see the dumb car because he was so tired! All this time I stayed out of the way when I shouldn't have!" I just kept crying and driving. I needed to get there fast.

"It could've been anything, Stage. You don't know that. Just stay calm and let's wait till we get there. They'll tell us everything." Jake said in his cool calm voice. He leaned over and kissed my cheek but I didn't smile or move. I was so scared. What if he was hurt bad or could become crippled? I would be the reason.

_____

We finally arrived at the Hospital and got Cody's room number. I fast walked through the place and zoomed passed rooms. When I finally reached Cody's number, I stopped and took a deep breath. I was ready for anything. I felt Jake's hand lace into mine from behind. He was at my side. I looked over and smiled at him and he returned the favor. We both entered the room.

"We shoul-" The doctor was talking over Cody's body and then stopped to see us. "Hi there." He said smiling and moved over to us. He moved the curtain over Cody's bed before I could even see his face.

'Hi, we're here to see Cody." I said strongly. I promised myself I wouldn't cry anymore.

"Yeah. He's stable to see, just let me explain everything." The doctor quickly looked at his clip board and then back at us. "He was walking and apparently walked into the street, when a car came. The car tried to stop in time but ended up hitting him in his hip bone pretty bad. He fell over and cracked his head on the cement from the impact. He is unconscious but alive and will be okay. He broke his arm though and his hip. He'll probably need a wheel chair and he already has a  cast on his arm and hip. He got stiches on his head already."

"Thank you for letting me know." I felt my eyes start to water but I sucked them back in.

"You may see him now." The doctor said and walked out of the room, followed by a nurse.

I quickly went past the curtain and then stared at my best friend. My heart stopped. His face was bruised on the side and part of his hair was shaved for where the stitched are. His eyes were closed and I could see the cast and his leg was elevated. He had a cast on his hip area which looked very uncomfortable. I felt tears trickle down from my eyes. This wasn't fair. He didn't deserve this.

I came over to the side of the bed and I laid my hand on his cheek. He was asleep. I kneeled down and kissed his cheek. "I love you." I said. Jake came from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist. He held me tight and he stared at his friend. He looked in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked Jake.

He looked at me but didn't smile or show any emotion. "If anything, this is my fault. I took you away from him." He had pain in his voice.

"Don't blame yourself." I said. "Please don't."

"Then you can't blame yourself." Jake said.

"Fine." I agreed. I just kept staring at Cody's face. He was so gentle and still. I wanted him to sleep for weeks but not like this.

"He's going to be okay." Jake said simply. He pulled me tighter to him. "Don't think bad thoughts."

"I'm trying not too. He just doesn't deserve this." I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I wiped it away. I couldn't cry now. I turned to Jake and kissed him on the lips and held him tight. "Thank you for being here for me."

"No problem. I'll always be here for you." Jake said and kissed me again on the lips.

"Okay, I get it. You don't need to keep kissing. I know you love each other." A voice said. Not just any voice though. My eyes lit up with excitement as I turned around and my eyes met Cody's. I knelt down and basically hugged him the best I could without hurting him.

I began to cry as I held him. "I'm so gald your okay." I felt Cody's hand come down and stroke my hair. He loved to play with my hair.

"Of course I am." He smiled. "It would take a whole lot more then just this to kill me."

"Don't talk about death. That's the last thing I want to talk about." I said shaking my head. "I'm just so happy your okay. I need you Cody." I took his hand in mine. "Who else would I have to talk to about Degrassi?"

Cody laughed. "Good to know I have some uses."

For about an 2 hours, I held Cody's hand in mine. Jake, Cody, and I talked about everything and anything. Despite how bad Cody looked, he was able to keep a smile on his face. He never could be sad.

A nurse came into the room. "Visiting hours are over." She said with a smile. What was she so damn happy about? She walked out and I frowned.

"Hey." Cody said and he got my attention. "You can come back tomorrow and annoy me some more. It'll be okay." He said, still holding my hand.

"Okay." I said with a smile. I kissed his cheek.

Jake came over. "We'll be back tomorrow for sure. I'll see how fast we can pull you out of here and you'll be home soon man, promise."

Cody smiled. "Thanks dude." They shook hands.

We walked out of the hospital room and I felt like going back and saying good bye again. I just really didn't feel like leaving him. I wanted to make sure he was going to be okay.

_____

We got home a bit later because we stopped somewhere to eat. I had fun, we laughed, and messed around. I love Jake so much.

We crawled into bed and he was holding me and then he whispered into my ear, "I love you."

I smiled softly. "I love you too." He kissed my neck and then we both crashed.

______________________________________________________________________________

Note: Okay, so I uploaded quicker than usual! Woo! :D I hope you enjoyed this chapter but you may have not because of poor Cody! :c I promise it'll get better but a shit load of drama is still on it's way! Everything is actually coming together quit nice so you'll see what I mean soon enough! xD Sooo vote, comment, and fan! I want to now what you think! Also, the song for the chapter is Crash by You Me At Six! Enjoy! <3 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 480 64
Lauren cimorelli gets kicked out of the band by her sisters, she looses everything. her friends, family relationships. and her will to sing. she sto...
1.4M 60.5K 28
"If you think you can just come back here after years and pretend we don't want each other," he got up all my face making me momentarily lose the abi...
23.4K 483 36
Sam just lost her mother to cancer a few weeks ago. Her whole world finally for once has shattered into a million little pieces, and she can't pick i...
12.6K 522 52
Madison and her friend Allison had a pretty normal life until Cody Templeton came into their lives, Cody a born trouble maker but no one knows his pa...