What Life Holds

By LifeCreatorsx3

Alice is a girl full of positive energy, who awaits to experience college life and ready to kick down any obs... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98

Chapter 41

193 12 217
By LifeCreatorsx3

Notes:

Additional cast:

Wallace Shawn as Mr. Theodors

Valorie Curry as Anna Matthews

Grey Damon as Ashton Sanders

Vanessa's POV

What an endless line at the coffee shop today! I wonder how the employees keep it together here. Every customer is yelling or arguing with the person who is trying to steal their turn or indeed stealing someone else's turn themselves. I gave my turn twice to two guys from the ΚΕΓ house, as I heard them saying to the girl who took their order, they were having a bad hangover. Their last night was pretty intense from what I can tell. Is that all frat boys do all the time? I'd like to find out but I would never ask these guys. They were really huge and scary. That's why I gave them my turn in the first place. If Alice was with me, she will never let them get ahead of us. I should ask her to show me how she does her "glare" of hers. It seems to work every time.

Now I am kind of late for class. I run towards the classroom just to find Mr. Theodors ready to close the door. He waits for me with a smile.

"Good Morning, Miss Adams." he greets me and we both enter the room.

I am five minutes late and Jannel is sitting at my seat at the front? Well, that's not kind of her. I would never do that. I seat at the first empty chair I see.

"Good Morning, Vanessa." Nathan is sitting on my left. Wow, Nathan is sitting on my left? Has the world apocalypse arrived?

"Wha...How...?" I try to find the right question. I wasn't expecting this for sure.

"Ah!" he points a finger at me. "Don't talk to me in class. I'm trying to hear what this bold version of Harry Potter has to say."

"You are?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Shh, quiet, little nerd." He now brings his finger to his lips. That doesn't hide his smile though. I take a moment to take it all in. Nathan is actually attending International History I? He kind of implicated it while we were texting the other day but I didn't believe he meant it. He had once told me he would "maybe" do it in the past and he didn't. It was over a month ago, that late night at the court. I barely knew him back then. Not that I know him now but I do have a better glimpse of him. We are somehow in better terms since we ran into each other at the airport. He didn't seem good that day. I'm happy to see he is not in a bad mood today. Quite the opposite, he is pretty cheerful. I hope I knew what was bothering him. Maybe I could help him. I don't know if I would actually be able to do that but I was willing to try. I am still willing to try. I want him to keep in mind I'm here for him.

Throughout Mr Theodors' lecture, I take little careful looks at him. Even of he has no idea what the professor is talking about, he nods agreeing to his words from time to time not letting anyone know he is clueless. Well, he is kind of cute when he is clueless.

"That would be all for today, my dear students. See you next week." Mr Theodors makes a little bow and Nathan begins to laugh.

"Did he really do that?"

"He is a man with manners. I find his way of teaching very vivid and pleasant." I defend my favorite professor.

"And amusing. And funny. And ridiculous." Nathan whispers.

"Hey! He might hear you." I say as we get out of the classroom.

"He's surrounded by his dear students." he tries to sound like Mr Theodors with no success. Now it's my time to laugh.

"You look good today." I tell him.

"I always look good." he smirks.

"I meant you look like you're feeling good." I correct myself. "You're such a peacock!"

"I'm just aware of my charms." he simply says and I roll my eyes. "How are you, Vanessa?"

"Good and surprised." I admit as we keep walking at the hallway. "You were the last person I was expecting to see this morning, especially at class."

"Well, I am a man of my word." he brags and I give him another eyeroll. "I know, but I'm going to keep my word this time" he looks at me seriously.

"Okay... Should I take advantage of this doppleganger of yours?" I blink my eyes at him.

"Huh?" he frowns his eyebrows confused.

"Would you also consider taking part in the paper work?"

"Oh...Um...Yeah, what the hell."

"Really, Nathan?" I grab his arm rushed by excitement. "That's great!" I give him a big smile to let him know how thankful I am.

"What's this thing about anyway?" he asks casually trying to hide he's smiling too.

"I haven't thought of it yet." I pout. "We were given the 16th century and we are supposed to do a paper on whatever happened then. I have so many deadlines for other classes so I kept on pushing back this one..." I explain myself.

"God, will you ever chill for a damn second? It's not the end of the world. When do we have to bring it in?"

A girl with long black hair waves at him and he nods returning her greeting. Does he know every single girl on campus? I mean... person.

"Mr Theodors is very understanding. He said it's okay anytime before Christmas break."

"Good for us then. We have a massive amount of time." he winks.

"Does this seem easy to you? We still have no project. We could do something on Machiavelli...Or Martin Luther...Or world slavery...Or...."

"What about the Tudors?" he suggests. I look at him shocked. In a good way indeed. "What? Isn't it their damn period? I'd swear it was."

"I don't believe I'm actually going to say this but Nathan you're a genius! Well done!"I congratulate him.

"It was just the first and only thing that came to my mind." he looks at the crowd passing by indifferent.

"It's going to be a great project! I was trying so hard to find something complicated that I didn't think the best option even if it was the obvious one. How do you know about the Tudors?" He once claimed he hated this class and that implies history as well.

"I've been there once in a family trip and I remember a thing or two."

"There? Like in the UK? You have visited the palace?" he nods yes to all my questions. "Wow, that must have been really wonderful! See, history can be fun." I push him with my elbow.

"Easy you. Don't put words in my mouth. My dad had bought a bounce of books of this era. Maybe they can be useful?" he wonders as we reach the parking spot.

"Of course! That would be a big help! It took you sometime but I predict you may turn out to be the best partner I ever had!" I tell him smiling.

"You don't say." He says and raises an eyebrow at me.

We stop by his car and I can't help but think about the time we spent days ago. There is so many sides of the man standing in front of me and I am curious to explore them all.

"So, do you want me to give you a lift?" he proposes. I like that he is always kind and thoughtful about it.

"That's really nice of you, Nathan but I actually have to go to the paper."

"Oh,ok..."He nervously plays with his keys. "And I do have practice. Coach is gonna take my head off if I am not there by..." he checks the time on his phone, "now."

"You should get going then. Have a good practice! And thank you for today."

"What for?" he asks me as I walk away.

"For showing up." I tell him. "Bye, Nathan."

"Bye, Vanessa." he greets me from his car window.

It's still so strange Nathan and I are at a place where we go our separate ways so calmly. I guess life is always strange in a way. Popping in your way the strangest person in the strangest moment for the strangest reason. Could it always be a reason behind everything that happens? I could never tell. On one hand, some things happen out of nowhere bringing your life upside down and you just can't explain how or why. In that case, there is no other explanation than some things are just meant to happen. On the other hand though, how can anyone accept this? That you are indeed an adrift on the winds of destiny? It's such a scary feeling. Besides, if destiny has figured everything out, why do really bad things happen? What could be their purpose? How can you justify all the cruel things happening in the world? I sure can't.

"I said morning, girl! Where are you travelling at?" Anna looks at me sneakily. So it appears all this philosophical research inside my head brought me to the paper's office without even realising it.

"Oh, good morning, Anna!" I greet her back. She is sitting on the front desk as usual wearing a black shirt while her short blond hair is tucked behind her ear. "I am so sorry, I was just thinking about something and-"

"Something or someone?" I think her eyes would pierce my head to see what's inside if they could.

"Something! I just got distracted. Um... How are you doing?" She is so persistent. I guess I have to blame her journalistic skills.

"Hm..." She raises her eyebrows at me. "I am well, thank you for your concern, little cupid."

"Aah, it's been a while since someone called me that. You were at the Halloween party? I didn't see you." I seat at the chair next to her desk.

"Of course not. I haven't stepped a foot in the frat house. It's against everything I stand for. But I didn't have to be there to know it, Ashton has been talking nonstop about it the whole damn week." she leans and whispers the last words in my ear.

"About the frat party?"

"Don't play it dumb! About you, hon!" It seems she has already created a whole theory in her mind. "Spill it."

"There's nothing to spill. I don't know what you're talking about."

"Really? Like really?" she is now tick tocking her pen on the desk. It's kind of irritating. "Weren't you cupid, yes or no?"

"Yes."

"Then he was talking about you! Come on, spill it all now!"

"I don't know. Maybe he liked my costume?" I tell her lifting up my shoulders. Anna facepalms herself.

"Hey girls, what are you talking about?" Ashton shows up at the hallway at the worst of times.

"Now you'll see!" Anna says to me. "I was telling Vanessa that you like..." I kick her foot under the desk. I feel bad about it but she left me no choice! She struggles with the pain in silence.

"That I like what?" Ashton tells Anna but stares at me. Oh God, will these two keep this going for long? May I disappear?

"That you like her article for November's issue." Anna gives me a "you-so-owe-me" look. I begin to breathe again.

"Yes and I would have told her in person if she had passed by the paper."

"Oh, is the big boss complaining?" I thought Anna decided to help me on this. Clearly not.

"Hello, I am standing right here in case you both forgot." I raise my hand up reminding them my presence.

Ashton goes by the photocopier and I follow him after giving Anna a "I-would-so-kill-you-if-I-was-a-serial-killer-but-I-am-not" look in return.

"I am so sorry, Ashton. I just had so many deadlines and papers to turn in and Emma was here last weekend and I had to catch up during the week and-"

He rests both his hands on my shoulders and lowers at my height. His head is now inches away from mine. There's something in the green of his eyes that makes them magnetic, almost hypnotizing someone would say. I get lost in them for a brief of a moment.

"You never get when someone is teasing you, do you?" he tells me like he is trying to explain at a 3 year old why ice cream isn't supposed to be a meal.

"I need to loosen up a little, right?"

"That's what I told you on your 1st day here among other things you are still processing." He pulls away and pushes the button to print some papers. "So did Emma have a safe flight back to Europe?"

"Um...Yes, she did. Thank you once again for driving us home on Saturday!" Ashton is always so sweet and caring. Emma genuinely liked him. I don't really get what he meant with the "processing" thing though.

"It was a pleasure." he smiles. "What do you think about this month draft issue? Vincent told me he gave it to you at class."

"Yes, he did. Thank you for thinking about it! In my opinion, it is even better than the first one! Your article on the Orlando massacre was so good and touching! I am sure everyone will be moved by it!" I beam at him.

"Well, I have to make a few changes till the paper gets out on Monday but thank you. Vanessa." He picks the first photocopies and puts another paper in to print.

"Let me do this for you!" I offer. "I finally learnt how this devilish thing works." Ashton laughs and takes a step back leaving me on charge.

"So...let's see." I examine carefully the photocopier in front of me. I push the red button. Nothing happens. I push it again. Still not a single change. I lift the sleeves of my shirt determined to win this battle. I bend down to check the interior of the printer. Maybe something is wrong over there but I can't see any indication for it. "There is a possibility I haven't really learnt yet." I exhale defeated.

"It's not that hard, let me show you." Ashton takes my hand in his with a smile and stands behind me. I can hear Anna giggling but I choose to ignore her. While showing me how this evil machine works, Ashton is caressing gently my palm. I ignore that too. I don't have the ability to analyze his actions and pay attention at the same time.

"So, first you have to set the number of copies you want." He rests his head on my shoulder, to have a better view to the photocopier I suppose. "15 is fine." He helps me push the button guiding my index finger. "Then you have to push print."

"The letters are so small, I didn't even notice this button existed!" I complain.

"Ha, you're not done yet. You have to push the blue button as well." The photocopier starts printing. "There you go."

"That was the process? I swear Anna didn't tell me it was..." I turn on my right and I find Ashton staring at me once more, his head still on my shoulder. Here we are again, our faces so close to each other's.

"You were saying?" he doesn't move a bit.

"Um...What was I saying..." I frown my eyebrows trying to concentrate on my thoughts.

"That Anna..." Good to see one of us was actually focused on the conversation.

"Yeah, Anna! She didn't teach me the right way!" I defend myself.

"Seems to me I am a better teacher then." It felt like ages but Ashton finally pulls away. I smile politely looking down.

"Thank you. Is there anything else I can do to help?"

"I believe Andrea could use a hand on finalizing the cover." he says pointing nearby the window.

"I'm on it!" I say and dash away as I am given the chance to. My head surely needs a break from all this tension.

Joseph's POV

My classes and labs are done, since 4pm and that's a wrap for the week. Weekend is around the corner and I have to live the most of it, because the next one will be a pain in the ass, as I told Sophie yesterday. Thus, I have to make these days count.

I spent some time after class with Matt and Grant and I've lost track of time talking and joking with them. Poor Matt! We gave him a hard time, mocking him about his tonight date with Nina. They're having their 1st month anniversary and he is planning on taking her to a latin american restaurant, where you can dance latin. Matt told us that Nina loves everything that is spanish and as it was expected, me and Grant couldn't hold the dirty comments to ourselves.

So, Matt is excluded to whatever plans I am going to have tonight.I am thinking my options, as I am heading to the parking lot, which is behind the science campus park.What can I do? Hanging out with the guys and find a girl at wherever we're about to go or go out tomorrow and call a girl, from my contacts? Maybe I'll do the latter. Saturday is a better day for a hangout and maybe Nathan can come too. Also I can get rid of Sophie, by tossing her to Robin and voila, everything's settled.

Now... Who should I call? Stephanie? Nah! It's been only two days,since the last time. Linsday? I've been with her many times, so there isn't the element of surprise, thus no. Michelle? I've managed to be forgiven after the frat party incident, thanks to my irresistible puppy look and humor and I nailed her in the theatre's light's room. So this goal was achieved, thus no.Hmmm, I haven't seen Danielle since a long time. I called her the week after the frat party and we had a blast together. This girl is a real tiger on bed, not to mention, the way she screams my name everytime she cums. Plus, Danielle is like me on the matters of relationships. Have fun with no strings attached and enjoy yourself. Danielle it is.

I take out my phone ready to call her, when I see a familiar female figure with long brown hair in a ponytail working out a few metres further than me. I am getting closer to see better. She's wearing black tights and a blue athletic jacket, due to the cold weather. She's bending over to stretch and I have the perfect view of her ass. Oh my holy mother of God! I would recognise this ass everywhere, especially after Halloween. It's Alice the one I am staring at.

Her body is arousing, as always.Specifically now in those tights, that point out almost everything, especially her fabulous ass. I wish I could go right over and touch it and then bend over her, while my hands would explore and caress her whole body and consequently she would start moaning into my mouth. I want to tear so bad this annoying jacket, that covers her abs and her wonderful boobs. I had an erection yesterday, only by thinking Alice in that way, and I can say the actual sight beats my imagination for good. If Soph was here, she wouldn't stop mocking me.

Alright!I have to snap out of it. I am gawping for several time and I must look like some kind of pervert. Fortunately, she has her headphones on,listening to music,so she didn't hear me getting closer. I put my phone in my pocket, forgetting the reason I was holding it and I decide to sneak up from behind, in order to appear in front of her, out of the blue. I am craving to see her reaction to my appearance.

I am walking with a soft step, as she's stretching her hands over her head.

"Hey Alice!" I shout,when I get behind her, as I am putting my hands to her waist.

Everything that happened next, was so fast, that it was a blur. First, I felt a hit in my stomach and then on my right foot. Before I've even realised the pain, my nose was hit, by force and I started feeling dizzy. The next part was the worst of them all. Alice's tight fist hit me on my balls.

OH MY FREAKING GOD! That was one way ticket to hell. I can't even describe the pain. It's like a shock, sent to the entire body. This sudden deep intense, incapacitating , dull pain with an intense burning sensation leaded to a deep sickening feeling in my stomach, made me curl up and unable to walk. My brain was dead, since all I could feel was this fucking pain. Finally, like all of this wasn't enough, Alice grabbed me and tossed me aside. JESUS CHRIST! I felt my whole body shuttered. Everything went black for a couple of seconds and I couldn't feel a thing.

The moment I manage to open my eyes,I see Alice's face in front of me, full of concern.

"Oh my God!Are you alright?" I distinguish the worry in her voice.

I still can't move. My balls hurt most of everything else and I think I am going to vomit.

"Are you fucking insane?" I utter between my pain groans. "You literally crashed me!" I try to shout, but it's impossible. I feel the pain intensifying, every time I raise my voice. I stay lied on the grass, since my body can't move. My fucking balls are burning.

"Are you stupid? Why did you sneak up on me from behind? I thought I was attacked by some kind of pervert." She yells at me and then sits next to me on the grass.

"I wanted to surprise you!" I struggle to say and she raises an eyebrow. Does this pain ever go away?

"Well, mission accomplished!" she sneers. "This need ice!" she says in a straight voice and an expressionless face, pointing at my balls.I can't even eyeroll.

"Of course I am aware I need fucking ice. The burning doesn't stop and I feel like I am dying." I exasperate and all she does is rolling her eyes again.

"Don't be such a crybaby!" she says, like I shouldn't feel any pain at all. "Get up! I have ice at the dorms." She stands up and wait for me to do the same.

All I do is give her an 'are-you-kidding-me' look.

"Are you on your right minds? You smashed me like I was a lego castle and now you're expecting me to get up like nothing happened? I am not Optimus Prime, who can be assembled." I shout and I suddenly feel the pain coming back again. Oh God!

"Fine, I'll help you!" she huffs. Then she grabs me by the hand and helps me stand up.

"Can you walk?" she asks me, having my hand around her arms and the other behind my back, in order to support me.

"Somehow, but I can't run a marathon." I quip and then we start walking.

"You're such a drama queen.Despite your so called pain, you can still open that big mouth of yours" she remarks, looking at me.

"It's the only thing I can literally do. The rest of my magnificent body is for recycling." I point out and she chuckles.

Then I feel an acute pain. This is coming from my nose. My hand moves quickly on it. Is this blood that I am feeling? This warm sensation on my face. I watch my hand and there's a bit of blood on my fingers.

"You ruined my face!" I bawl at her. "You ruined my best aspect! What am I going to do? How am I going to go out and attract women?"

Alice gives me an irritating look and then she examines my face.

"Your face is fine! Your nose is a bit broken, but not a big deal!" she says, like she's talking about the weather.

"You broke my nose?" I bark.

"Oh shut up! It will be healed in a couple of days." she answers with the same indifferency.

I am going to kill her. I didn't do it before, that we were at loggerheads, but I am definitely going to do it now. How am I supposed to go out this weekend with such a face?

"And if it doesn't?"

"It's a broken nose, not a mutilated leg." she argues and I am about to shoot back, but she interrupts me. "We still have a few metres to get to the dorms. If you don't want me to toss you in some kind of dumpster, shut up!" she commands me and even if I want to object, I comply, with a frowning face, because I know she's capable of realizing her threat.

The corner of my eye catches her face and I see she's amusing it too much. Of course she does!She managed to destroy me, even if it was by accident.On one hand I want to kill her but on the other, if I hadn't felt this fucking pain, I would have admitted that I enjoy being so close to her...again.

After some minutes,that seemed like an eternity, we are out of the dorms building. I have been in those dorms, 2 days ago, for obvious reasons. We get in, while Alice still holds me, even though the pain has faded somehow, but not completely. At least, I don't walk like a penguin anymore.

Alice greets the receptionist, who looks at me in a complete shock. My face has to be a mess. What the fuck did she do to me?

"What happened?" the receptionist asks really concerned.

"Don't worry! Nothing serious." Alice answers in a casual way.

Exactly! Nothing serious, just only my limbs are about to get detached.

"What about his nose?" she specifies. Crap! It's that obvious. "It's going to be a bruise." she points out anxiously.

"The only thing that will be bruised is his ego." Alice simpers. She's enjoying it too much. When I be able to walk on my two feet again, I am going to kill her.

Then we get into the elevators and afterwards, we head to her room. It's the number 17 at the second floor. Alice unlocks the door and she points to me to come in.

The room is like all the typical dorm rooms, because the furnishings are the same in all of them. The thing that makes each room different and unique is the decoration of its owner and Alice's is not an exception.

"This is my side, so make yourself comfortable." she smiles at me and to be honest, she didn't have to point which one is her side. I think it's pretty obvious. She has decorated her side with pictures of different cities around the world. "I'll go to the kitchen to get the ice." she informs me and she turns her back to leave, but before she exits she turns back to me again. "Try not to destroy anything!" she commands pointing her index at me, like I am toddler and before I answer back she leaves the room.

As I am taking a look around the room, an exploring urge takes over me. The wall above Alice's bed has a world map with pins in different colours. I see many green on Europe, so I suppose these are the cities she's been to. I spot London, as it was natural, Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Prague and more. That's amazing! This girl has been to so many european cities. Has she lived in all of them or was it just vacation? Anyway, it's so fucking awesome. Then, I observe red pins on South America. Argentina,Brazil, Peru... Those are some of the places she wants to visit. There is a picture of Machu Picchu, next to Peru and she has noted:

'I've never experienced something so real and magical, simple and sublime in the same time. The time stops and all you feel is complete and utter freedom.'

I guess she picked up this quote from a hipster tumblr post. But at the end, I observe a name written with small letters. Iris Reynolds. Reynolds is Alice's surname. So I guess this Iris is a relative. Her mother? Does she has a sister? She hasn't mentioned anything about other siblings. Only her dad. I shrug and I keep looking at the map. There are red pins on Asia as well, except Japan. A green one is on Tokyo. I guess that's why she's so into Japanese culture.

Afterwards, my eyes fell on the pictures she has put around the map. These pictures are not from some magazine, but from her. These are the cities she has visited and the foods and the drinks she has tasted. Her wall is like a travel blog. I find myself lost in it, by gazing all of her pictures. There is Rome with the Colosseum and the spaghetti, Athens with the Parthenon and a feast of food, that looks so fucking delicious, Edinburgh with the Highlands and the original scots whiskey and so much more. I could be gazing this wall for hours. She has seen so many things, and it must be amazing talking with her about her travels. I would love to hear everything.

As I keep wandering around the tiny room my glance falls on a small book shelf. As it was expected it's full of books. Except the university books, Alice has a collection of fantasy literature books. She's such a sucker for fantasy, magic and non existent worlds. Harry Potter all 7 books are there, as it was awaited from a proper book reader. At the end of the bookshelf, I observe some red books with big white letters. I am going closer really curious and I am amazed. I can't believe she's reading... comics. She has an amazing collection of Disney comics and especially stories about Scrooge McDuck, from my favorite cartoonist. Don Rosa. This is fucking awesome. I drag a volume and sit on her chair, in front of her desk to read it. There is her laptop, a vintage clock and many woman stuff on her desk,that I am clueless about their utility, but my attention was drawn by a digital frame.

The pictures are changing slowly. I see Alice with her dad in many pictures. They are together in different occasions from Christmas to vacations in Europe. Some other pictures are from her graduation. Her dad is also present, but where is her mother? Then the photo changes to an old family one. Alice's dad is much younger, Alice is a toddler, who is embraced by a very beautiful woman with long brown hair exactly like Alice's. That must be her mother. They are so much alike, though I have to acknowledge she has her father's intimidating posture. Alice's boyfriend will have a hard time, meeting him, considering also he's an FBI agent. In one picture she is with her mother and they are horse riding. Alice is around 7 and she's like a cute Amazon. She totally nails it. As the pictures keep going, there are a few more similar to this one until Alice is around 10 years old and then her mother is off the frame. What has happened?

In the majority of the pictures there is an Asian guy. They are laughing, they are dancing, they are at vacations, at home, at graduation, with her family... They are fucking everywhere together. Who is this fucking guy? Is he her boyfriend? But she hooked up with Steve and Alice doesn't strike as the cheater person. She looks genuinely happy with him and I feel a nagging feeling in my stomach out of the sudden. I guess it's from the beating. I don't want to look more photos of her with that freaking Asian, so I take the comic book and I go to bed. She said make myself comfortable, right?

Alice has tossed some clothes and things on the bed and her sloppiness makes me chuckle. I guess she tosses her clothes, like she did with me earlier. I put them aside and I sit on the bed and start reading the comic.

Suddenly the door opens and Alice gets in holding an ice bag. Her eyes narrow looking at me and then comes to sit next to me. She looks at the comic book that I have opened to read and raises her eyebrow.

"I see you've found something to entertain yourself." she remarks. "Do you like Disney comics?"

"Since I was a little kid. My mom used to buy me, especially on summer vacations." I tell her with a light smile."This story is my favourite." I open the comic book to the page the story starts. Alice looks at it and laughs.

"This is one of my favourites too! It's hilarious!" she admits and I beam at her. "I brought your ice!" she points out, as she raises the ice bag.

I've totally forgot about my pain, when curiosity got the best of me to explore Alice's room. I had the urge to get to know her better, for an inexplicable reason. I have never wanted to know more about a girl before that badly, but Alice is like a sealed book.

"Yeah right!" I huff and I take the ice bag. I put it on my nose,but the moment the ice touched it the pain comes back. "Ouch!" I groan and I take the ice immediately, while Alice eye rolls.

"As I said, you're such a crybaby! Let me do that for you,because we don't have all day." She says and takes the ice bag from my hand.

Then she puts it on my nose, but the instant pain makes me to move my head back.

"Hey don't move!" she commands, giggling and I try to comply.

Her eyes are on the same level as mine. They are so fucking captivating and I find myself, staring at them,but I don't mind. The freezing passes through my body, but her look transmits a heat, which is more intense than the freeze. We stay like this for quite some time and the burning inside me is growing stronger. The eye contact is intense,making me lose my resistance. I lean closer to her, without realising it. I don't think. An invisible force pushes me closer to her, decreasing our distance. Her eyes are so fucking alluring and they invite me in. Then mine fall on her lips.

"I think that's ok for now!" she remarks and takes the ice bag off my nose. She stands up and she puts it on the desk.

I have stayed in the same position, with eyes full of astonishment. What I was going to do? I was going to kiss her. I restrain my posture, as I curse on the inside. I wanted to kiss her and she stopped it. She doesn't bellow though or calling me names. Why? That's not how she behaves.

I guess it was for the better. Me and Alice kissing? What a crazy idea and where was it going to lead? Alice can't stand womanizers and me I am one of the most famous here on campus. We finally managed to get along! It would suck if we ruined it just like that.

"Do you feel better?" she asks concerned and she tries to keep a straight face.

I try to read her face, but I can't. Damn it with that girl. I feel like I am getting closer on knowing her and yet I am thousand of miles away.

"I think so!" I say in low voice and I stand up. "I can walk!" I point out, like saying; at least I can do that, and an unwitting smile crosses her face.

"You know now that you shouldn't sneak up on me from behind!" Her sassiness has returned.

"Yeah! And in the hardest way. I will be bedridden for the whole week." I try to sound like I am grumbling and she nods her head eye rolling. "Maybe I will need an exclusive nurse." I smirk, touching my skin. "Blonde, with endless legs..."

"Yeah yeah I've got it! I don't need a visualization of the Playboy magazine content." She interrupts me,moving her hand to show me to stop, while I am laughing.

"I guess I should go! Thanks for the ice."

"You're welcome! Sorry for beating your ass!" She apologizes, with a light simper.

"You've caught me off guard."

"Don't worry I won't say to anyone, that you've got your ass kicked big time by a little girl!" she smirks and she really enjoys it.

"Bye!" I say in wannabe offended voice and I open the door.

"Bye Joseph!" she says,chuckling and then she closes the door.

A/N: Thanks to every reader, new or old, who takes time to read our story! As always don't forget to vote and comment! AND we decided to take part into some contests, if that's the reason you noticed us, welcome on board! :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743 63 26
Football player meets figure skater Moving to the middle of nowhere, to a place called Arizona? The desert! Yep, that's my luck. And to top it off, I...
1.5M 44.9K 69
SEQUEL to THE COACH'S DAUGHTER. Complete. One fateful night changed it all. Since being thrown in each other's worlds, Amelia and Zack have jumped ov...
9.3K 1.1K 129
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...
367 45 33
This is the story of Natalie Johnson in her University life. She barely enough experience with love, opposite gender, and physical interaction betwee...