The Maze Runner Imagines

Od WritingInsanely

Just a bunch of imagines I've posted on my Tumblr already -thought I would share them with the rest of the TM... Více

Nightmares//Newt
Food Fight//Minho
Singing Drunkard//Newt
Thanks For The Memories//Newt
Newt's Secret//Newt
Stung//Newt
Confessions of a Worried Shank//Newt
Teasing and Kissing//Newt
Comfort//Newt
You Read My Mind; Literally//Minho
Make Outs N' Such//Newt
Kiss Me All You Want But Don't Lick My Face//Newt
You're Totally Whipped, There's No Denying It//Newt
Awfully Messy//Gally
Climbing Mountains and Taking Selfies Are Not A Good Mix//Newt
Swimming Naked is Better Than Going to Prom Anyway//Newt
Parted Ways//Newt
Goodbyes//Newt
Friends//Newt
The Blond Shuck Face//Newt
I Care//Newt
Giving You a Chance//Newt//Part 1
Giving You a Chance//Newt//Part 2
Let Me Love You//Gally//Part 1
Let Me Love You//Gally//Part 2
I'm Only Relatively Romantic When I'm Drunk//Minho
Misjudged//Minho
Happy New Year!//All Four
How Do You Say 'I Love You'?//Gally
I Like Punching People, But I Also Like Hugging You//Gally
The Date//Newt//Part 1
The Date//Newt//Part 2
Finding A Friend//Newt
After The Power Goes Out//Newt
The Gang//Newt
Insomniac//Gally
Only Flirt With Me If You Mean It//Thomas
The Rescuer//Newt
The Ghost of Him//Gally
You're The One I Want//Thomas
Separation//Gally
Fighting For You//Newt
Trapped Together//Minho
Close To Him//Gally
Guilt//Gally
Author's Note: IMPORTANT!
The Truth//Gally

The Bet//Minho

2.3K 44 3
Od WritingInsanely

Prompt: You bet Minho that he can't fight you, expecting to win, but when you don't you have to suffer the extreme consequences...

You wipe the sweat that gathers on your forehead off with the back of your hand as you prepare yourself into a defense stance. You feel your weight fall into your feet, and you eye off Gally as he balls his fists. You await his move, but suddenly you notice a dark-haired head bobbing up and down as it walks along the Glade. You hold up your hand, "Hold on a sec, I got some business I have to take care of."

Gally relaxes, wiping his own face down with a towel, "Alright, I've had enough for tonight anyway." He chucks his towel down and reaches for his water, squirting it over his face and into his mouth.

You unwrap the bandages from your fists and let them fall to the ground as you make your way over to Minho. You see the exhaustion from running today, but he manages to keep himself awake and somewhat energized. As he spots you, you notice the smirk that curls his lips. "Ah, the Shank of the Glade welcomes me at last."

"Ha-ha." You take a mouthful of water from your cup before continuing to talk. "Do you remember that day when you mentioned I could never win a bet with you?"

He smiles cheerfully, "Of course I do!"

You cross your arms over your chest and smirk at him, "Well, Minho, I might have just thought of the perfect bet."

He tilts his head, "Oh yeah?"

"You're a good runner, Minho."

He nods along to your words, "The best, actually."

"But as a fighter? Compared to me? You suck."

He looks taken aback for a moment, "I suck?"

"So," You smile over at him, an excitement in your eyes, "I bet that you can't beat me at a wrestling match."

"Oh? Not a boxing match?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No, I possibly couldn't, I wouldn't want to absolutely destroy you."

"Oh really?" He grins wickedly, "You are so on. But, before we set a time, what are the winnings?"

"If I win, you have to give me piggy-backs for a week, however many I want each day, and I also get to have your extra blankets."

He raises an eyebrow, "My blankets?"

You feel yourself go pink in the cheeks, "Your blankets are really soft... besides, I've only got one when you get to have at least five!"

He laughs at your embarrassment and agrees to your terms. "Alright, alright, I agree... only if you slim it for one whole week –if I win."

You gasp, your jaw immediately dropping, "One whole week!?"

He smirks, "What happened to all of your confidence, Y/N? You've got nothing to worry about... if you can beat me."

"Bring. It. On."

As soon as the next morning comes around, you're ready. Pumped. Today is the day you show Minho up once and for all. You'd been growing sick of his constant blows at you and how he seems to always put himself above you –not this time.

You walk over to the drawn circle in the dirt, deciding not to show any kind of emotion on your face. Minho's already there, as well as a crowd of other boys who thought this would be interesting to watch. You try to forget that they are there because you're only used to fighting with Gally. At first there would be a crowd the first few times but after they left was when you started to improve with Gally.

Minho pounds his fists together, "Ready to get slammed?" The cockiness in his voice only brings out a hot anger.

"Ha. You wish." You step into the circle and ready yourself, you must say you're better at defence but the excitement of winning gets to you immediately so you take no hesitation to pounce at him.

But apparently Minho has already assumed your first move and easily bypasses your tackle by pushing you into the ground with his hand on your back. But he doesn't proceed to push you out of the circle, which he easily could have, "C'mon, Y/N, get up, I'll give you another chance."

You roll your eyes, "You're going to regret that."

He only smirks.

You lunge at him again and again, but every time he seems to overcome your moves. You start to sweat heavily, breathe heavily. Your attacks become slower and slower, and it's as though Minho isn't even trying.

But out of the blue you manage to grab a hold of him, quite firmly too, and you watch as his eyes widen in shock as his body falls close to the outlined circle. You smile and feel a bit more confident again. Soon you're shoving him, dodging his hands, all of your moves becoming a success.

But just as you feel his body almost slip over the circle, he lunges back in with a lot of force; causing you to stumble. You try to get him under your grip again but then he grabs both of your wrists and pulls you into him. He continues to walk however, but the close proximity between the both of you keeps you distracted. His hands on your skin, his breath on your forehead, his scent of sweat and wood. You're never this close to Minho, never this close to any guy really.  And all of a sudden you're stopped. You look around and realise Minho's pushed you out of the circle, and at that moment the humiliation sets in. Your cheeks go red and the hot anger from before practically explodes within you.

"That is so-

"Uh-

"Don't you dare interrupt-

"Sorry, Y/N, but the deal was that if I won you have to shut up for a whole week. Starting right now."

"But-

"Uh-uh-uh, a deal is a deal Y/N. You can't say one thing until..." He glances down at his watch, "Until 7am on Tuesday next week."

You go to open your mouth again but you soon close it, giving up in defeat. You can't believe how stupidly you lost, and these were starting to look better for you in that ring. Just because some gosh darn attractive boy touched you like that, kept you close like that, muddled your brain up and caused you to lose focus! You glare up at him, poke him hard in the chest and then strut away to keep some of your pride... maybe.

All the rest of the day consists of banter that you can't participate in. Gally calls you a butthead a few times as you loosely swing your fist at him, and there's nothing you can say back to him! And he knows it, otherwise he wouldn't be calling you a butthead. And you'd just love to beat him up, which you usually can, but you can't stop thinking about Minho and the way... he was with you in this very ring. It won't leave your mind which only annoys you further.

And then Newt decides to poke your side, you instantly glare at him but he only chuckles at your grumpiness. "Aw, is little Y/N annoyed?" He tries to poke you again but you whack his finger away, and then end up shoving him slightly too. He only laughs harder at your reaction to his playfulness.

When Minho gets back though you decide to give it to him straight. You can't talk of course, but you can annoy him. You do secret things like taking away bits of his food when he's not looking, poking him when his head is turned and even pouring water onto his head.

He wipes the water off his face and stares up at you, "You're some shank, you know that?"

You only smile.

"Too bad you can't show me your wit like usual." He grins wickedly, his eyes flashing amusedly.

You flip him off and then walk away, kind of frustrated that you didn't see him get annoyed or frustrated as much as you usually are nowadays. It's not fair that you lost, it's not fair that you get taken advantage of by the other Glader's too just because you can't say anything back to them at all.

One night, as the fire starts to die down, Minho hastily pulls you away from the crowd. You follow him out of curiosity... and mainly the fact that he holds onto your hand. He turns back to you as soon as you've come far enough away from the other Gladers, his eyes flicker nervously before he coughs. "I uh... There's no real way to go about this but, well," He looks to his feet and then back up to you, "I like you, Y/N. Really like you. I... I have feelings for you." He laughs nervously and tries to hide his embarrassment, "Even though half the time you insult or argue with me. I suppose that just makes me like you even more..."

You open your mouth and try to tell him how you feel too, how his touch makes your stomach fill with butterflies and how you get lost in his eyes when he rants about the Maze or Frypan's sometimes unappetising food.

But Minho only shakes his head as he places a hand over your open mouth, "You can't say a word." And then with that, he walks away, leaving you to drown in anger and frustration all over again.

When you wake up the next morning and cross paths with Minho, he barely even looks at you. He just nods a good morning like usual, his behaviour towards you hasn't changed a bit and it only makes you sceptical. And definitely annoyed, like usual.

Dinner rolls by and you soon find yourself sitting next to Minho. He sits close to you, but you only really take notice of the proximity because you're waiting for him to do something unusual, and because you know of his feelings now. But he doesn't do anything, and because you can only listen he barely talks to you.

But soon you grow tired, tired of Minho and tired of your incapability to talk, so you leave them early and succumb to a deep sleep.

Finally the last day is upon you, you've been up at 4am patiently waiting for the clock to tick by 7am. The sun comes up and the Glade awakens, and before long, 7am ticks onto the clock. You jump up from your seat and scream at the top of your lungs, "Minho! Minho! MINHO!?"

You look around the Glade, frantically searching for him. The other Gladers laugh at your anger, and suddenly you spot his dark head bobbing up and down on his shoulders as he runs closer to the entrance to the Maze. You sprint, energetically pushing yourself closer and closer. You pounce onto him and drag him to the floor before he can leave the Glade. You're on top of him, his surprised face staring right up at you.

"Y/N...?"

"Minho! I... You were going to leave the Glade!? Without talking to me beforehand? You knew I was allowed to talk to you today!"

"Why would I want to talk to you?"

"If you would just... I can't believe you! You voluntarily tortured me, Minho. You told me you had feelings for me and then left me to rot in forced silence!? You're unbelievable! I can't believe I feel the way I do for you!"

Minho looks almost frightened until you finish your mini-rant, "You... you what?"

You whack him gently, rolling yourself off of his body. "I... I also have feelings for you, you slinthead. Which is why I was so upset when you told me and I couldn't tell you back. It wasn't fair."

He sits up and puts an arm around me, "Aw, Y/N, I didn't mean to hurt you or anything. I... I'm just not that great when it comes to feelings and such. I thought that if you couldn't talk then I couldn't get rejected. And then I probably would have just avoided you for as long as possible... which clearly didn't work. But, I'm glad it didn't work..."

Beside you, a group of Gladers clap like some sort of audience. Newt and Thomas especially loud with great big giddy smiles stretched over their lips. Both you and Minho frown over at them and they laugh before coming over to congratulate Minho and yourself with slaps on the backs or nods. Then they leave you both alone finally.

Minho laughs and shakes his head, "That was... interesting." He turns to you but you ignore him, "Oh, c'mon, I'm sorry. I'm a coward, I know that."

You don't say anything.

But you don't have to because suddenly Minho pushes you to the floor and attacks your face and neck with kisses, soon pressing his own lips onto yours. You kiss him back, your arms wrapped around his neck. You hear a chorus of "ew's" down the Glade a bit but you don't care.

You pull away and look into his excited eyes, "That bet was the best bet I've ever made."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

14.7K 302 35
Just a bunch of imagines! Please request and vote if you enjoy them! -Newt -Thomas -Minho -Gally -Frypan Thank you for reading hope you enjoy!!😚
26.4K 836 17
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, all rights belong to James Dashner.
100K 1.5K 32
Maze Runner Imagines and Preferences with a whole lot of junk in between... Give it a try! :D P.s. This book is currently being edited. Chapters mark...
248K 2.9K 20
[REQUESTS CLOSED] Basically just a bunch of imagines with the Gladers. I'll be doing imagines with: - Thomas - Newt - Gally - Minho You can also send...