Kekipi | j.p |

By MarieNae

EDITING!!!! “Kekipi”, Hawaiian for “The Rebel”. "Your just like Khalil, just he didnt get this far", Kanai sa... More

Kekipi "The Rebel"
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three

chapter nine

1.1K 45 6
By MarieNae

I sat on the window seat with curly damp hair, staring out of the window once he came back into his room.

"Here eavesdropper", he threw me my phone.

"Care to explain?"

"About?", he began making his bed.

"How you know Dre and why you couldn't tell me I kissed you?", he stopped what he was doing and stood up glaring at me. He shrugged his shoulders raising his eyebrows, going back to making his bed.

"Dre is my boss. I began working for him the second I turned 13. I needed a job to support my mother and no other jobs were hiring 13 year olds. And i was getting paid full time for only being there from 3-9. Whats your story?", he threw the last pillow on the bed.

"Its too long to say."

"Tell me a summary", he sat onto the bed.

"Well, my brother he- he. Nevermind i dont feel like talking about it now", I looked out of the window trying to fight the tears.

"Okay, well how many siblings do you have?"

"Thats random but, 7 and Im 8. The baby as always", I rolled my eyes.

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"Why all the questions?"

"Just answer them", he was so serious about it.

"My dad is a drug lord lowkey, but he's an attorney. I don't believe my mom ever worked after having 8 of us running around."

"Name your siblings with ages."

"Um okay. Kanai,17. Ailani, 20. Kahale, 21. Kai, 23. Kyrsten, 24. Kamron, 26. Kylynn, 32. And Kryen, 37."

"Why is Ailani the only A name?"

"She has a different dad from the rest of us."

"Then how come your name is a K?"

"My mom cheated on my dad.", I said like it was nothing.

"Ohh", he nodded.

---

After an hour he was still asking questions.

"So is there a killing you ever regret?" He asked as I had gotten comfortable laying next to him.

"Yea, I had killed this guys' girlfriend right in front of him. He had an afro like yours. But, I still regret it to this day.

"Uh when was this." He asked like he was gaining an attitude about nothing.

"About 4 years ago.", he got up and walked out of the room slamming the door. "Jacob!", I yelled after him. I walked to the stairs balcony watching him grab his keys and walk out. I honestly dont know what I did.

I ran downstairs and outside to see him backing out. I ran up to the car opening the door. His head shot towards me with anger written on his face.

"What did I say?" I asked.

"Move."

"Not until-"

"If you dont move I wont have a problem driving over you.", on the knside that slunded hilarious but coming out of his mouth to me was a weird feeling. I closed the door and stepped back as he drove away quickly.

--Flashback--

I hesitated on pulling the trigger but I pulled it anyways watching Shaun's unloyal hoe ass girlfriend fall to the ground and the boy that was at the door in front of her crying and yelling for help. He looked back at my car, we made eye contact for a split second before I looked away, he struggled to pull out his phone and dial 911.

I aimed and pulled the trigger, watching his phone fly to pieces. He looked at me and I felt pity and slammed my foot on the gas pedal causing the tires to make a shrieking sound. I drove to headquarters swinging the door open.

"Dre!", I screamed.

"Kanai calm down we have visitors", Dre said calmly.

"You told me no witnesses. None! Yet there was one and he look straight at me! In my eye!"

"Jacob will get over it trust me."

"How do you know him?"

"He-"

"So you know him and he probably already knows me. Nigga you know he's probably going to kill me!", I said even though I really wasn't worried.

"He'll-"

"You say he will but i don't believe he will for a long time. That was his girlfriend."

"How would you know?"

"Do your research on a bitch before you kill them."
---
I put my hand over my mouth and began slightly shaking as if I was going to cry. I walked back inside slowly. I planned on going to my room but my body forced me to Jacob's.

I got under his covers and looked up at the ceiling. Why would Dre assign me to her. Why couldn't he had chosen someone else? God, I feel like he knew that would ruin me somehow. I dont know. I just need to take a nap for a second and deal with this when I wake up. Lord let that be a long time from now.

I closed my eyes feeling tears fall. Probably because I had just ruined a friendship and the guilt was overwhelming at the moment. Or Im not crying and my eyes were just dry.

Yeah, I like that answer better.

---
Jacob.

I needed to calm down so I had drove to a park and sat at a bench looking out at the water that stood far from the park.

I had went home after 4 hours. It didnt even seem like it was that long. I decided to go home but I decided to pick up pizza after Ray told me they haven't ate yet.

As the door swung open I walked inside setting the 4 boxes of different pizzas on the island.

"Aye! Jacob you the man!", Ray said grabbing a plate. "Aye the pizza here!", he yelled. Everyone came downstairs besides Kanai.

Once i grabbed my plate of pizza I walked upstairs to my room. I took my shoes and sat my plate on my bed. I took a glance at Kanai and walked into the bathroom.

I backed out of the bathroom seeing Kanai layed out in my bed. I walked over to the side she was facing and took the covers off of her face. You could tell she was crying from the dried up tears on her face.

"Nai", I shook her.

"Leave me alone babe", she turned to the other side. I like the sound of that. I walked downstairs and grabbed a plate of each pizza and walked back upstairs with it.

"Aye where you going?", Ray asked.

"Bringing this up to Kanai"

"Oh yeah I heard her cry for an hour before she went to sleep, what did you do?"

"Nothing", I finished the conversation by walking upstairs not looking back. I put her plate on my side table. "Nai", I shook her again.

"Babe I aint telling you again. Leave me the...... alone", she mummbled turning and facing me.

"Nai, come on now", I then shook her harder. Her eyes opened before she shot up ready to hit someone. "Aye calm down", I put my hand on her shoulder as she calmed down. I looked behind me grabbing the plate. "I brought you pizza one of each.", I handed it her. She looked down at it smiling.

"Thanks", her raspy voice said. She moved a piece of hair out of her face and began getting out if the bed.

"You dont have to go.", she looked at me like I was crazy.

"I just thought-"

"Nah, I was overreacting. It really wasnt your fault Dre assigned her to you.", I shrugged my shoulders and bit into my pizza, sitting next to her.

"Oh, um okay.", she grabbed a hair tie off of the side table snd put her hair into a bun before taking a bite of her first slice.

"So I heard you were crying for an hour after I left.", she kept her head down continuing on eating her pizza.

"Who told you that?"

"Ray"

"Yeah, I-uh cried but I highly thought it was for an hour.

"Its okay Kanai", I said rubbing her back.

"I know its just, the boys'- I mean your facial expression. Ive never seen someone so hurt that it hurt me", she said looking at me.

I could tell she took glances at my lips before looking back at my eyes. I grabbed her face and kissed her. Once I pulled away I turned back to the TV taking another bite of my pizza. I could see her in the corner of my eye grinning while looking down.

"So, who told you I would eat 4 pieces of pizza, if I can barely eat one without getting full?", she asked smiling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 5.5K 14
He's the player of the school , he's known for hitting and quitting , every girl wants him and doesn't care if he uses her then breaks her heart as l...
13K 386 16
A teacher complex. Heartache. Warm Hugs. Sweet little words. Complicated, simplistic. Did it really matter? If it was Kirumi saying it, it was instan...
9.2K 177 20
Me:Really? Tool:I'm sorry babe,I really am Me:We just got married,and you cheat on me.... Tool:I know...Sorry,but I love you. Me:Shut the fuck up,Fuc...
57.6K 1.1K 20
Would you be that rebellious child? Even if you knew the consequences would be so cruel, so brutal... So unbearable? Would you let your heart take ov...