Chronicles of a Spector's Red...

Per DaxonIslander

The Spector department is dedicated to capturing and returning Demons to Hell, under the direct command of A... Més

Supernatural.
Case #1: (Xavieus) Pt.1
Case #1 (Xaveus) Pt. 2
Report and Reassignment.
The Church.
Phantoms
Good and Evil
The Man in The Mirror.
Hunt the Witch Doctor...
Case #2: -Unknown- Pt. 2

Case #2: -Unknown-

141 13 3
Per DaxonIslander

(A/N Yea i'm back for a bit. This chapter will be heading into more of a fear enducing (or attempting any way) style. I don't know if i will keep it up after the next two chapters where everything is explained. But i will continue the work. I forgot how time flies when i'm writing what i love... Let me know what you all think.)

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE!" Amber yelled, pushing her mother’s hand away.

"Don't you DARE talk to me that way young lady." Gloria scolded grabbing her daughter’s mouth, "I did not raise you to disrespect your elders... AND YOU!" Gloria snapped a stiff finger at Seth, who was standing with his back to a wall watching in aggravated helplessness. "WHY did you keep a witch, not yet a woman, out so late?"

  Seth shrugged, "I was investigating alleged claims of a Witch Doctor in that area, Amber asked if she could accompany me, and I said yes."

  "A Witch Doctor?" Gloria crooked her head, all of the anger she was feeling towards Amber vanishing from her face, she released the young witch from her grip; leaving Amber to rub her cheeks. "There are no Witch Doctors around here... They were killed off when they allied with the Necromancers years ago."

  Seth arched his back slightly and pushed off the wall. "I am not so sure; don't get me wrong, I didn't see the Witch Doctor myself... But, I did see someone dressed in attire that would cause suspicion."

  Gloria looked at Seth’s visible eye, his thoughts were calm and his mind read over and over 'I'm telling the truth, I’m telling the truth.' "I know you are just doing that to make me believe you, not because it is the truth," Gloria walked over to the kitchen island and took a seat on a bar stool. "I don't know who you thought you saw, but I guarantee you, there are no Witch Doctors in this area."

  Seth stroked the cloth covering his chin, "Then my search should prove fruitless and I will only have wasted otherwise worthless time anyway." He rubbed his neck, still a little stiff after his scuffle with the Wolves.

  "Actually Seth, there was a reason Captain Lykos put you on leave." Gloria bit her lip and looked down. Seth gave her a skeptical look, suspecting she was the one who ordered it.

"Why did you have him do it?" Seth spoke, his words low and curious.

  Gloria let out a breath "I need you to go to-"

  "The Battle front?" Seth finished, straightening his tie.

 The elder Witch let out a chuckle, "No, no, there are enough Spectors there for now. No I am sending you to assist a team that has been assembled specifically for this task."

  Seth felt a twinge of ice go up the back of his neck, and the hairs stood in a twinge of inexplicable fear. The Spector calmed himself down easily enough, but still question the reason for its sudden sting. "What is this task?"

  Gloria bit her lip again, Seth had never seen her so nervous before. Almost as if she was... Afraid? "Amber dear," The elder Witch looked to her daughter, "Would you mind fetching that bag Seth had you bring in from the Department?"

  Seth jerked his head to Amber; he couldn't believe that she told her mother about it. Though, it was his fault for not enforcing any rules about the briefcase.

  "She didn't tell me anything Spector." Gloria spoke with a mischievous smirk. "My daughters can't keep anything from me." She gave Seth a wink of mockery, and shooed her daughter to fetch the Case.

  Seth glared at the witch for another moment, feeling outsmarted by using her daughter to get information, and feeling betrayed by Amber for practically giving it to her, though he couldn't blame her entirely. If what Gloria said was the truth than nothing Amber did could be hidden from her mother. She could never get away with anything, no matter how hard she tried to cover up her tracks... That's gotta suck for a girl of her age.

  "Oh don't be so dramatic Spector." Gloria scoffed. "It's not like I keep her on a short leash."

  Amused that she read his thoughts while he wasn't shouting pointless drivel in his head, he decided to continue their conversation. "That encounter seemed to suggest the Contrary."

  "I said I don't have her on a tight leash, dear Spector," Gloria reminded pulling out a New Testimine Bible, donning reading glasses. "I never said she may do as she pleases without letting me know."

  Seth acknowledged the book in her hand, it looked old. The red leather was worn, and the pages seemed brittle and had multiple tares. The Bible had to be at least over one hundred years old. "Why are you reading the Bible?"

  Gloria looked at him over he glasses, a teasing smile creeping across her lips. "I do enjoy some good reading from time to time. I don't worship this 'Lord' but I do find his words insightful from time to time." She gave one last smile and continued reading.

  After a few minutes of silence, Amber returned with the Briefcase, and the feeling that came with it hit Seth's heart stronger than ever. He clenched his chest, and retracted his hand immediately; starting to yell thoughts covering up his initial pain.

  "Spector!" Gloria called looking at him. "Do you have the key for this?"

  Seth reached into his jacket pocket and found the small piece of silver tucked neatly in. He pulled it out and tossed it to Gloria. She caught it in surprise and gave Seth a very odd and annoyed look. She then proceeded to Open one side compartment of the case and pulled out a small piece of onyx. A large screech emitted from the object, causing Seth to flinch at the sudden assault on his ears and neck. He couldn't explain how, but it was like the back of his neck could hear the screech that whatever she pulled out. He covered his ears and looked to the other two, neither of them acted as though they were bothered by it; Amber simply gave a puzzled look at the artifact and then said something to her mother.

  Her gaze came to Seth who had his hands over his ears, and his visible eye showed he was in some kind of pain. She rushed over to him and grabbed his face to check if he was ok.

  "Make the screeching stop." he pleaded. "Please make it stop."

  Gloria looked down at the stone object in her hand, than quickly smashed it against the table. Once the stone had shattered, the screeching stopped, and Seth took down his hands from his head. He opened his eye to find Amber in front of him cupping his cheeks. "What the hell was that?" He asked, a mild headache starting to subside.

  "That dear Spector has been a head ache I have been trying to kill ever since Amber brought it here." Gloria gathered up the pieces and placed them back into the side component. "Whoever gave this to you, didn't want it to fall into the wrong hands. That artifact I just destroyed would have repelled the Devil himself from touching it."

With Ambers help, Seth stood up, the pain in his heart and neck finally numbing. "What the hell did that priest give me?"

  The elder Witch ran her hand over the case. "I cannot tell, when did he say to open this case?"

  Seth thought back to the conversation, and told her the date Father Bruno had told him.

  "That's not too far off." she said looking at the calendar. "Only 10 days away... what could the Church be planning?" Gloria started to rub her arms. Seth noticed she did that when she was in thought. "I'll figure it out later." Gloria stood up from the stool and walked over to the Microwave, she pulled out two steaming plates of: Chicken legs, corn on the Cob, and mashed potatoes. "We will talk about what you two were doing in the woods and your new assignment over a late dinner.

  Amber smiled, knowing her mother was no longer angry with her, but still a little resentful of her. While Seth was almost happy that the power the case had over him was now undone... He hated anything that had any power over him.

  The two of them explained to Gloria about the Men who were walking in the ravine, how they disappeared inexplicably into some brush, and the ambush by the Spirit wolves. Though Amber did most of the talking, and Seth sat quietly interjecting from time to time. Amber started to brag a little at the purification she committed, freeing the Wolves from their servitude.

  "That sounds like a Shaman more than a Witch Doctor." Gloria proclaimed taking a bite of chicken. "Seth dear, you haven't touch your food yet, is my cooking that bad?"

  Seth smirked, an excusing coming as quickly as she finished her sentence. "I'm afraid that the ordeal with the stone has still left my apatite at a loss." Seth was lying threw his teeth, but he didn't want to expose his face unless he absolutely had to."

  Gloria looked up at him above her reading glasses, a look of knowing something he didn't want her to know, the smart ass grin and the raised eyebrow didn't help. "Of course." She chided. "Now as for your," any form of playfulness was gone from her now. "Ahem, assignment... You will be meeting up with: A Witch who has been dealing with this creature for quite some time." The Witch took a drink of wine, a bit dripping onto her blue button up shirt. That Seth could have sworn was one more button up when he last looked below her neck.

  "Quite some time huh?"  Seth pulled out his notepad and started jotting down notes. "What exactly can you tell me about this 'thing' I’m supposed to meet up this team for?"

  Gloria covered her mouth, stifling a giggle. "Dear Spector, always quick to the point. Why don't I tell you about the team you will be working with beforehand, so it will make sense when I tell you what it is?"

  Amber gave her mother a skeptical look, she knew that her mom like to play games, but the shifting between serious and playful moods was really out of place for her. "Mom, are you ok?"

  Gloria started to fidget with her silver ware. "Yes Amber, I’m fine I just... Well, it will just be a lot easier I don't mention what it is right off the bat." Gloria took another forced bite of mashed potatoes and chewed while she stroked her arms. "Alright, so the Witch who is in charge is named Kristine Goldshire. She may not look it, but she is quite the powerful Witch, and I think she's a lesbian."

  Amber choked on the milk she was drinking and called to her mother for such a rude comment.

"Well she is. I mean look at her hair and facial expression. Far to butch to be a lady who could ever attract a man." She took another drink, polishing off what remained in her wine glass. "There will be a Vampire by the name of Harold Vonder; he is an expert in all manners of stealth and agility; even among Vampires. He will be covered up at all times, so don't be surprised if you see the gentlemen wearing tight Leather and A black bickers helmate." With every word, Gloria seemed to picturing the thing, and by the lip biting smiles and roseying cheeks, she seemed to be enjoying it.

  "Alright" Seth Said after Jotting the names down and looking back to Gloria for more information.

  Gloria snapped out of her blood sucking fantasy and continued. "The third and fourth members are a Psychic and Shaman. Both typically work together to channel spiritual beings, so it made them both perfect for this mission. The Shaman is Alex Jones, and the Psychic is Maria Chang. Bear in mind, Maria has no particular combat abilities, so Alexis has been known to be the fighter of the two."

Seth kept taking down notes and listing all of the Names and their Capabilities, making not that "Alex Jones" was a female. "Alright, is there anyone else?" Seth looked up keeping his pen firmly in hand. Wanting to know exactly what it is that he would be going after. With the team Gloria had assembled, there is no way this could be anything but an S&D mission.

   Gloria took one more mouthful of Green beans and started to chew, looking back between Seth and Amber.

  Seth started to grit his teeth; his patience was thinning faster than an icicle in hell. The pen he held was starting to bend from the grip he had on it, and his eye was unweaving from Gloria. Finally the woman swallowed her food and continued to speak. "My goodness Spector, you sure are impatient aren't you?"

 Seth gave a more un-amused glare than usual and Gloria continued "No it will only be the 5 of you. This is a simple Search and Rescue operation." Gloria pronounced happily, slapping her hands together.

  Seth almost fell out of his chair. She had him all worked up for some silly Search and Rescue? "You mention that the head of the Team was 'dealing with this creature for quite some time.' What is this so called 'creature?"

  Amber looked anxiously at her mother, almost as interested as Seth to find out what was causing a search and Rescue. Gloria finally caved and let out a sigh. "I can't tell you, because I don't know..."

  Seth slumped in his chair. "The head of this team never told you what the creature was?"

 Gloria shook her head. "Alright, maybe I had better actually give you a good briefing..." And Gloria explained to Seth that an Investigation team of Phantoms, headed by a Black Witch, had been sent into a forest a few hundred miles away, in a thick forest where all of the trees were long and skinny. The team was sent there to investigate reportedly large numbers of children and some adults disappearing from the Area. She informed them about a Radio transmission and Scroll they had received right before the loss of contact.

Gloria Pulled out the scroll and unraveled it. She handed it to Seth an allowed him to read, It was one phrase all the way down.

"theres nothing there"

  The phrase was already peculiar as it was, but what struck Seth more, was that the writing wasn't in red ink, but in blood. He read threw the parchment, hoping to find some sort of hidden clue as to what this could have meant, but it was just the same thing over and over; from top to bottom.

  "And the Radio transmission," Gloria declared pulling out some headphones and a small recording device. Seth put the two ear buds in, and listened to the transmission, though the voices were a little fuzzy and the louder they were the fuzzier they sounded, Seth listened carefully...

_____________________________________________________________________

  -Beginning Transmission-

At 209 hours.

???: House 1. House 1, This is Phantom Research Team 4. Do you copy? *heavy and labored breathing* PICK UP DAMMIT!

??? ": RST this is House 1, what the hell is going on out there? Why haven't you contacted us when you said you-

RST: "THERE'S NO TIME FOR THIS! *in audible yelling* Vixon is dead, I repeat Vixon is Dead."

House 1: The hell do you mean Vixon is dead?

RST: It got her *uncontrollable sobbing* It took her, just like Charlie and Colmes. *more incoherent rambling*

House 1: What the hell is 'IT'?

RST: Jose and Marcus, they saw it first. They were sick... So, dead, their eyes were dead. Don't YOU GET IT!

House 1: Sir Calm down, who is this?

RST: It's *Static*... Where, where is your *Static*? How can it *static*? It doesn't make any sense, it's not there. There's nothing there. It doesn't move, it just floats there, slim, it doesn’t look strong but it is! Why can't I get it out of my head? WHY CAN'T I GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!?

House 1: GOD DAMN IT CALM DOWN!

RST: OH GOD IT'S HERE! IT CA- *Rustling tarp, and sounds of machine guns and men screaming*

 House 1: RST 4 What's going on there? Research Team 4 DO YOU COPY?

RST: Danny NOO! LET HIM GO YOU SON OF A BI- *Wet metallic sounds, popping and cracking and tearing noises.* "Oh please god NO! *the sound of tearing and constant wet dripping, uncontrollable screaming and yelling."

House 1: Come in, RST Do You copy over? Is anyone there?

*Silence for 2 minutes*

RST: *Loud inhuman growling and laughing noises.*

*Static*

______________________________________________________________________

Seth Removes one ear phone thinking the gross display of murder had ended, but Gloria stops him and motions him to put it back in.

______________________________________________________________________

RST: Hardly audible whispering.

Home 1: Hello, who's there?

RST: Gregory, Gregory O’Donnell. *Muffled breathing.* We couldn't do anything against it.

Home 1: Gregory. Please state your Location.

RST: Coordinates X: 2134.67; Y: 1113.21, Base Camp. There is Video, *Sobbing* there's Audio of it, It... Doesn’t make any sense... there's nothing there.  I... I- I can't talk anymore... *Static shuffling* ... It takes your soul... *Static shuffling* and stuffs them into a plastic bag... Tell my Dear Alexandria: I love her.

Home 1: Gregory, do not engage, I repeat do not-

*Single pistol shot*

Home 1: Fuck...

  -End Transmission-

 At 218 hours

______________________________________________________________________________

Seth Removed the head phones and shook a little. He had never heard a massacre like that, and even with all his time in hell that still gave him uncomfortable Goosebumps.

  "We need you to retrieve that recording equipment, and some terrain samples." Gloria growled as she put the equipment away. "At first we suspect a fairy or a Syrian was luring them in with a song... But Syrians and fairies don't... Can't do, whatever that was."  Gloria bit her lip again, Seth understood why now.

  "I'm not sure if the part about taking souls is true, but I should also mention the Shaman, Alexis; has received phantom training to help her and her sister drive out spirits that haunt certain buildings or areas." Gloria looked at her daughter and her eyes watered. "But if 'IT" does take souls, I don't think I need to explain to you what must be done."

  Seth paused for a moment. "He knew of a creature like this, he read about it before. But the name and general concept of the creature escaped him... 'What was its name?' Seth looked up, "I'll handle the case. But I cannot guarantee anyone’s safety or livelihood, not even my own."

  Gloria expressed a smile while Amber gave a look of disapproval. "Mother, why would you send him on a suicide mission?" The scowl on Ambers face was far more ominous than Seth had ever seen before.

  "Sweet heart, this thing has killed dozens of people maybe even hundreds... We can't let this kind of thing go unchecked." Gloria wiped any semblance of tears from her eyes. Careful not to ruin the masquerade she always wore.

  "Mom, Seth and all of them could die." Amber waved her hands mildly, "I don't think it's safe that so few people should go."

  "Amber, all five of the people going are well trained spiritualists. The Vampire, Harold, is a master assassin, he killed so many people that the total is somewhere in the thousands, and that's not counting the killings just for their blood. And the Witch Goldshire is a well-rounded, respected, and feared Warlock in the Black Mages Guild. Those two should be enough to handle the situation."

  "Then why are you compelling Seth to go, and the other two?" Amber demanded her harsh scowl turning soft to confusion.

  Amber’s mother said softly, "Why are you so concerned about the Spector?" She asked rising an eye brow to her daughter.

  "Maybe because I actually care about him, unlike you." Amber pierced. A sinister smile stealing her face; as she gazed at her mother.

  Gloria saw the challenge and accepted. "Alright Dearie, if you're so concerned about dear Seth’s health, than perhaps you should accompany him."

  "Gloria!" Seth exclaimed.

 "Maybe I should." Amber replied standing up.

  "Amber!" Seth exclaimed in shock."

   "Maybe you should go and see what a real mission is like, and see the real horrors of the world." Gloria touted, raising her voice with every word.

  "Do I get a say in this, or do I just not exist?" Seth tried to chime in.

 Amber folded her arms, "Oh I will, and I know when you're challenging me; Mother, and I know you think I’m going to chicken out at the last second. But I'll make you eat crow when I return with the beast in chains." Amber walked away from the table in empowered with confidence and spite.

  Gloria stood and watched as her daughter walked away from her, while Seth sat waiting for the awkward moment to pass...

  "Soo... Do I finally get my say in this or what?" Seth called, looking to Gloria for some sort of validation.

  "Nope, it seems she has made up her mind." Gloria tilted he head down a little. "She is almost 18 now; I guess I can't keep pretending like she will be like her sister someday."

  "You mean be a White Mage?" Asked Seth; moving his mask to stuff some food in his mouth. Gloria looked at the now chewing Spector, a twinge of curiosity and defeat in her eyes. She let out a sigh and nodded, he second eldest would be of the Black Mage persuasion.

"Is it truly such a bad thing?" Seth asked after he swallowed the delicious mashed spud. "Is her being herself and not being of the same political Ideology such a wrong thing to you?"

  Gloria tilted her head up a bit looking down her reading glasses at Seth. A twinkle of mischief in her eyes.

  "From what I have come to understand about Black Mages and White Mages, they seem to differ on selfishness for selflessness. White Mages are prone to be more selfless and Black Mages to be more selfish. I don't know much about the history of the Black and White Mages accomplishments and Struggles. But I do know quite a bit about Normal human civilization." Seth spoke right before digging into a chicken leg. "The discovery of the first gas powered automobile by

Karl Friedrich Benz in 1885, do you think he made that invention with the sole intent to help the greater good of humanity? Or could it have been a man with a good idea, who wanted to see what his capabilities were? And perhaps make a profit off of it?"

  Gloria opened her mouth to retort but Seth cut her off. "And now look at the world, using his idea to power an increasing amount of imputes and exports to run large metropolitan cities, with the assistance of Capitalism and the Commerce it implies, we have areas that were once devoid of basic necessities such as: water, crops, and livestock; suddenly inhabitable... All thanks to one man who's seemingly selfish act; spread threw out the globe and make the world a better place for all."

  Gloria shook her head. "You know Spector, You're alright." She walked past him, removed his fedora and kissed the top of his head.

  "Why do you have to be a tease?" Seth grumbled taking another bite of chicken.

 "Don't blame me," The trickster proclaimed gliding away, "I'm just written that way."

  Seth raised an eye brow, "What?"

  "What?" Gloria replied instantly than slid off out of the dining room.

__________________________________________________________________

Seth wondered up stairs after finishing his meal, he walked down the familiar hallway when an all too familiar voice called to him. "Seth!"  It called its voice much harsher than last time. "Get over here!" It yelled.

  Seth knew where to go; he walked into the Bathroom and closed the door behind him. He watched as the lights flickered, and the hell fire arose in his reflection, the bandages he wore around his head starting to unravel revealing his face once again.

  "What are you doing?" Seth's doppelganger seethed. "We had a plan for the Witch Doctor."

"I don't think I need to tell you the consequences of ignoring a direct order from my highest of known superiors." Seth returned, his tone holding a bit more malice. "Look I don't want to have to do this anymore than you do; unfortunately we had a momentary setback. We can wait a little longer to ascertain the decryption of the Scroll."

  The Reflection bore its fangs, "You would do well to remember that I hold a very important role in your existence now Seth."

  Seth smirked. "You touched my inner fear the first time out of surprise. Don't think you can fool me twice with the same thing."

  The Doppelganger smirked and put is index finger up... The one that had the bandage on it. "Didn't you ever wonder why this stopped after it only worsened?"

Seth eyed the finger and pulled out his own, the bandage clean and untainted.

"Now then" It smiled, taking its other hand and pinching his bandaged finger. Blood suddenly started to seep into the once clean bandage, and a sharp pain entered Seth’s own finger. He didn't need to look to know that the blood was flowing out again. And he also didn't need to inspect the wound to know that if this continued he would bleed out in a couple of hours.

  "God damn, I really hate it when people have power over me." Seth dropped his hands to his sides and put them in his pockets. "You made your point. Now what do you want?"

  "I want that scroll translated." He beamed, his eyes becoming crazy, almost in love with the very idea. "And I want it NOW!"  

  Seth and his Mirror imaged discussed the disagreement, and finally came to an understanding. Once the Mission at hand was complete, Seth would focus solely on finding the Witch Doctor and forcing him to translate the scroll.

  Seth walked out of the Bathroom and wondered into the guest bedroom to find a stack of black cloths sitting on his bed. A piece of paper sat neatly on top of them.

"A suite has no place in the forest."

And as much as Seth didn't like it, he knew that whoever put these cloths on his bed was right. It would be much more practical to dress in street attire for this particular mission. As such he stripped himself of his clothing items, took a quick shower, and donned his new attire. He couldn't find anything really wrong with it, a simple pair of black Cargo pants, a dark grey T shirt, and black Jacket. He almost considered it a nice gift. But he would give it back once the mission was complete.

__________________________________________________________________________

Seth stared out the window of the train with Amber sitting across from him. He wore the cloths that he was offered, but kept the mask around his face, with sunglasses covering his eyes now.

  "I'm surprised they let you on the train dressed like that." Amber teased.

"I'm surprised you actually came along." Seth retorted, the smirk hidden by the single piece of black cloth covering his face.

Amber gave a pouting/annoyed face and looked back out the window. Far into the distance, she could see small stick like figures coming into view. "We're almost there."

  Seth pulled out his pocket watch. "6:55 right on schedule. I suspect our guide will be as punctual as we are." Seth stretched out his arms and neck. "Perhaps she can give us some straight answers."

  The train pulled into the station; Amber grabbed her bags and shoved one onto Seth as she walked by. "Bitch please. I'm not your pack mule," He proclaimed dropping the bag in the middle of the floor and stepping over it.

  "Will you please carry that bag? My hands are full here." She said holding two bags on either side of her shoulders. "Besides you have cloths in that one too." She smirked and continued out of the train.

  "Great, more stuff I have to make sure is in order and returned." Seth complained and followed after he picked up the bag. "Why does this stuff always happen to me?"

  Seth found Amber standing on the Platform, he looked around for his contact, and there right in the middle of the station, she stood. A woman drenched in a Black trench coat, complimented by a black low cut shirt and white bandana. Her demeanor was intimidating to say the least; she had a very neutral face, in terms of feminine vs. masculine. He hands were in her pockets and she stared lazily yet intensely at the crowed exiting the cars. Until her eyes landed on Seth and Amber as they approached her.

  "Well," she called a cynical smirk claiming her face. Her eyes narrowed on Amber first, and then lay to rest on Seth. A vibrant Irish accent coddled the next words to come out of her mouth. "Now the party can begin."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

363K 10.5K 16
Book 4th in First Generation Possessive Series (FGP series) ~DANIEL MILLER, 25 years Old, the CEO of MILLER EMPIRE. A Smiling Demon in human disguis...
Devil's Touch Per Jay

Ciència Ficció

67.5K 1.4K 44
Sequel to Don't Touch and Book Two of the fan-dubbed Touch Series. Its been nearly a month since Greg Allen was kidnapped by Logan, a boy who he beli...
9K 793 51
(Complete) It's a shitstorm of fuckery where the good is good but also bad. The bad is bad but also... good? Follow Valery who is on the quest for t...
21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...