My Hater, My Lover (Book One)

By mignoncobra

I'm slammed hard into a locker. I lose all ability to fight back. I've been down this road too many times to... More

// Character Stats //
Chapter 1 - Handsome Hater (Miguel)
Chapter 2 - Devil May Follow (Miguel)
Chapter 3 - Lies Win Them All (Miguel)
Chapter 4 - She knows (Miguel)
Chapter 5 - The Stag's Loyalty (Miguel)
Chapter 6 - Not alone anymore (Miguel)
Chapter 7 - Battles Outside Dojos (Miguel)
Chapter 8 - No need to elaborate (Miguel)
Chapter 9 - I have someone to be strong for (Miguel)
Chapter 10 - Hatred is a Disease which spreads (Eron)
Chapter 11 - I hated you despite myself (Eron)
Chapter 13 - The boy I loved disappeared (Eron)
Chapter 14 - Touch my face (Miguel)
Chapter 15 - Hater to Lover (Miguel)
Chapter 16: Competition (Eron)
Chapter 17 - "You will only have yourself to blame "(Miguel)
Chapter 18- Will you be mine? (Miguel)
Chapter 19 - Going to do right by you (Eron)
Chapter 20 - When I met her at a party (Miguel)
Chapter 21 - Just show me I'm enough (Miguel)
Chapter 22 -Friendships or Relationships? (Miguel)
Chapter 23 - Red Haired Demon (Eron)
Chapter 24: Drugs and little guns (Miguel)
Chapter 25 - He isn't blackmailing me (Eron)
Chapter 26 - Witches from the past (Miguel)
Chapter 27 - She did it to herself (Eron)
Chapter 28 - Communication is key (Miguel)
Chapter 29 - Sugar Baby (Miguel)
Chapter 30- Key under the mat (Miguel)
Chapter 31 - My Hero (Miguel)
Chapter 32 - Too many tears in one day (Miguel)
Chapter 33 - Arranged dinners (Eron)
Chapter 34 - Sweet Moments (Miguel)
Chapter 35- I know where you live (Eron)
Chapter 36 - Consequences (Miguel)
Chapter 37 - Don't be like your father (Eron)
Chapter 38 - Can you love two people? (Miguel)
Chapter 39 - Political Opportunity (Eron)
Author's Thank You: 100 Views!
Chapter 40 - Let's Run Away (Miguel)
Chapter 41 - Wanting to Crash (Eron)
Chapter 42 - Overdose (Miguel)
Chapter 43 - Dinner at the Inlaws' (Eron)
Chapter 44 - Hurt Me Till The End (Miguel)
The End?

Chapter 12 - The tipping point (Eron)

26 3 0
By mignoncobra

I saw him again the cafeteria again, after the orientation, a week later.

I went to talk to him but I ended up bumping into him by accident in my rush to get near him. But I was so excited that I finally got a reason to talk to him.

"Oops, my bad," I laughed, excited to finally speak to him. 

 "Watch where you're going, loser," Tesha spat. I was taken aback. What?...

I suddenly became aware of my friends looking at him with contempt. They could tell he didn't belong here. They just saw a poor minority with worn out clothes and terrible skin. They didn't see what I saw in him.

They started to attack him verbally.

I felt helpless and horrified. I wanted to do something but I didn't. I thought of my home situation. My hateful father. My friends approval meant everything to me. I couldn't lose it. In my own selfish desire to protect myself, I let them attack him. I lost my own chance with him.

This wasn't how I had expected to go down, at all.

My friends started to bully him and I played along. It was painful and horrible. 

Because I was a coward.

 I would come home, and I would shut myself in my room. I would slide down against the wall of my bedroom and mentally hate myself.

 In my dreams, I would dream of him and I walking together through the school hallways holding hands. Sometimes he would kiss me first, other times, I would kiss him. He would smile at me, which was so rare for him in reality.

After about a year of the bullying the one I wanted to be with, my father almost killed my mother.

She was rushed to the hospital, and my grandparents found out about the abuse.

They demanded a divorce and my father gave it gladly. 

He wasn't going to be taken to court, because his side of the family was more powerful than my mother's.

I didn't care that he deserved to suffer. I was past that point in my life. I just wanted peace for my mother and I. I was just so glad that demon was out of my life. My mother lay in that hospital bed, smiling tears of joy through her swollen lids.

I went to school the following day, in a daze. 

I was getting my shoes on, when I realized that my friends had stolen Miguel's umbrella.

After the day before where I almost lost my mother, I had had enough. I snatched the umbrella from Bryan's hand and I ran in the rain, after Miguel.

"Miguel!" I called out. I could just see him in the distance.

I ran when I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

 I saw Miguel getting over the railing of the bridge.

My voice got stuck in my mouth. I felt helpless again. The same way I couldn't protect my mother, I felt paralyzed to stop Miguel.

Don't jump, my mind thought in a panic.

Then he climbed down and I breathed relief. I wanted to run over to him, beg for forgiveness, but somehow I felt unworthy...

I stood in the rain, never once opening Miguel's umbrella. I just let the cold rain drench me.

I watched him walk away into the distance, and I just stood there. Numb and empty inside.

That night, while I sat beside my mother's bedside in the hospital, I had nightmares of my friends standing around the bridge, pointing down into the waters, laughing.

I would run to the edge of the bridge and see in horror that Miguel had jumped.

"Miguel!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

I would up with a start. My head was sweating. I looked over at my mother. She was fast asleep, and my grandparents were asleep in chairs, the same as I.

I resolved that I would change my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 24.6K 33
"You are no wife to me, you got it!? I'm marrying you because of circumstances and the sooner you feed it in your brain the better it will be for you...
25.6K 619 26
" this all is your fucking fault" all of a sudden I was slammed against my locker,towering over me was my arch enemy 'Sam the Dam'. My head was pound...
1M 21.6K 31
BOOK I of the "Kings and Queens" series Suited for an audience 18 and older. Read at your own discretion. *** "Don't think for a second I don't hate...
1.9M 68.3K 29
(Book 2 of His Possession) (complete) The last book broke some hearts; yet we all fought through it all. Jordan Johnson; been raped, beaten, abused...