Another Time, Another Place (...

By anonymous_1698

During the fight to the death between Supergirl and Queen Rhea of Daxam, something happens that sends everyth... More

Part 1: Black Hole
Part 2: Weird Dreams
Part 3: Something Familiar
Part 4: First Day High
Part 5: The Adventures of Kara Danvers
Part 6: Thinking Straight
Part 7: Alex and the Doughnuts
Part 8: Bottled Up
Part 9: The Surprise
Part 10: Miss Bright Side
Part 11: Tangled
Part 12: Dance Off
Part 13: Weird Dreams 2.0
Part 14: Sparks Fly
Part 15: Chances
Part 16: Oh Brother
Part 17: Oh Sister
Part 18: Homecoming Jitterbugs
Part 19: Too Busy To Think
Part 20: Brain Stuff
Part 21: This Is It
Part 22: Unbeknownst...
Part 23: From McFuzzy To Chester
Part 24: Untitled
Part 25: Super meets Bat
Part 26: Up
Part 27: Rusty and Buffy
Part 28: Sing And Dance
Part 29: You Pick Me Up
Part 30: Stubborn
Part 31: Cordova St.
Part 32: Red Caped Blur
Part 33: Rescue
Part 34: Mommy Issues
Part 35: Pushing Luck
Part 36: Things To Consider
Part 37: The Doe In Headlights
Part 38: Keeping Up With The Luthors
Part 39: What Matters Most
Part 40: 'Normal Girls'
Part 41: 'Lexie'
Part 42 : Escape
Part 43: Blue Moon And Heights
Part 44: Suitcase
Part 45: Prison
Part 46: Together
Part 47: Operation Cadmus
Part 49: Not Too Good At Goodbye
Part 50: Sad Song
Part 51: Addicted To You
Part 52: Its Real Yo!
Part 53: Hoodie
Part 54: Blurry Tunnel Vision
Part 55: The Princess, The Prince, Or The Bastard
Part 56: New Drug
Part 57: Hysterical Shock
Part 58: Home
Part 59: S***** Mess
Part 60: Batgirl v Supergirl: Dawn of Another Reality
Part 61: Black Hole 2.0
Epilogue
A/N

Part 48: Potterhead

2.3K 98 25
By anonymous_1698

Kara's pov

"Where did you steal this ninja turtle green metal crap anyway?"

Winn crossed his arms on his chest as he examined the old 1959 volkswagen beetle as green as mold that Maggie managed to acquire. I know nothing about cars, but looking at this one... I don't know, my bike would probably run faster than this.

"Maybe we should just take the train," I said.

"You two quit yapping​ already," Maggie scolded as she fussed over this four wheeled green thingy, "I told you guys, having your own ride's easier than walking uphill in Baxter,"

"How long does it take to travel with this thing compared to the train anyway?" Winn asked, still unconvinced.

"You'd be surprised... Now hop in, both of you, before anyone notices we're up to no good,"

Reluctantly, Winn wiggled his way into the backseat, then I settled myself on the passenger side. The three of us huddled at an empty lot  behind the school gym a few minutes past eight in the morning with this green beetle that we are about to take for a ride. Maggie, on the other hand, made herself comfortable on the drivers seat, gripping the steering wheel tight, staring blankly ahead.

"You know how to drive this thing, right?..." I broke the eery silence that kept her eyes glaring way beyond the glass windshield. If I was a skeptic beforehand, now I'm getting nervous.

"Of course I know how to drive... I googled it,"

"Maggie!!" Winn and I were petrified. You can't just google driving and learn it overnight. Jeez...

"Just kidding... I was just praying before we go, okay," Maggie said disturbingly calm, "buckle up now you two,... We're on a road trip to rescue Lena,"

Okay... That was an apt description of this little excursion of ours. Rescue is what exactly I would call this, because I know in my heart wherever Lena is, she never would have wanted to be there, and she would need us to help her out.

And I know in my heart that wherever Lena goes, I will be sure to follow...

____________________________

Lena's pov

Fortuna_Major??... Seriously?!

Somebody sure is obsessing with Harry Potter and the House of Gryffindor. Of all the passwords anybody can come up with, this one sure is a sign of deep obsession towards that particular series of books that turned into super hit movie franchise. I'll try not to judge since I am a fan as well but not as crazy as this. And this guy, Jack, sure is kicking the look and accent of a bonafide Potterhead.

I'm not sure when I learned the art of theft, but I did managed to steal Jack's phone. Only it was password protected, so I got to work some little magic of my own, no pun intended to this Potter fan, and cracked his password. Now that I'm in, I got myself one thing to do...

"Is anyone in here?"

A girl called out just outside the toilet cubicle I'm hiding in. The door is obviously closed, and most certainly locked. I wonder why bother asking, seriously? As I was in the middle of hesitation whether to answer or not, the girl called out again.

"Whoever's in there should know, ballet class begins in five minutes, so you should get going,"

Ballet??

I didn't sign up for some ballet class. Wait... I just remembered, it's my mother who signed up everything for me in here.

"I, ah... Uhm, I can't... I have cramps," I lied. Now I just don't steal phones, I also lie. Things you learn in prep schools. Bloody brilliant.

"Oh! Do you need help? I can take you to the infirmary, or call Dr. Rhodes,"

Infirmary??... Oh, right... the damn clinic.

"T-that's really kind, but no thanks. I got this... I'll be fine," I said.

"Are you sure?" This girl nagging me is starting to get in to my nerves. Can't she just leave me with my own thing, like... now...

"Yes!" I snarled slightly showing my impatience.

"I can get you some naproxen or perhaps warm compress to place in your abdomen..."

"Really, I will be fine, thank you...just go... to ballet now, you'll be late,"

"Oh! Right! You're right! Okay... I'll go now. But I'll inform the school prefect you might need medical attention, so you just keep calm in there, alright,"

You have got to be kidding me. The school prefect?!

The school prefect is a dude, who absolutely knows nothing about what it's like to have menstrual cramps. And he's the dude whose phone I just took and... well... you can say just violated it's privacy.

Whatever I'm about to do, I got to do it now, before I get myself into a deeper heap of trouble...

To do things faster, forget checking emails, I just sent Kara one simple message through text. Its not that long, but lengthy enough for her to know where I am and what I'm up to. Then, I cleared the phone of any trace that it was used by me, then locked it. All that's left to do now was slip it back in Jack's possession without him knowing. Then, I won't have to call this little mischief of mine stealing, but instead I'll call it borrowing. The only tricky thing here is that I cannot ever be caught.

"Hello? This is Jack Spheer, the school prefect, may I come in? I've been told someone might need help..."

And there he is, Mr Jack 'potterhead' Spheer, announcing his entrance to the girl's lavatory. Had it been an actual emergency, like I don't know, somebody slipped on the floor and bashed their head bleeding to death, I don't really think this kind of niceties would still be necessary. Then again, it's not an emergency, so...

"Hello?" He called out again.

"Are you really this... involved with other students' affairs?" I said surprising him as I burst out of the toilet cubicle I was in, "it's just some cramps... us ladies got it every month, so I'm used to it. No fuss about it really,"

He blushed right then and there where he stood and can't seem to find anything else to say. I don't find anything embarrassing about menstrual cramps, it's pretty normal, but he sure seemed to feel uncomfortable.

While he froze there standing blushing, I took the opportunity to slip his phone on his slightly open sling bag as I deliberately bumped into him on my way out. I walked briskly on the eerily quiet corridor and stifled a squeal of joy, congratulating myself on a stealthy job well done.

I'm not sure if Kara can make it, but I sure do hope so because I'm missing her so bad and I really want to see her, plus I do trust her. So, with my message already sent, all that's left for me to do is to pack some stuff, wait out the time acting normal as I can manage and then...

I'll head off to the woods and out of this place...

__________________________

Kara's pov

That green thingy that moved as slow as as a tortoise gave out even before Maggie managed to make a turn a single block outside the school campus.

"It just needs a little push," she said.

But Winn and I will hear no more about it and stepped out. We need to try something else. Like taking the train.

"Thanks, Maggie... I know you mean well, but let's face it... This car sucks," I told her.

I knew mom would be pissed but as I left Maggie and Winn bicker about the car, I also decided to ditch school for today, as originally planned. I'll just come up with some excuse if mom sees me at home today.

So, I made my way back home and found it empty. As empty as I am feeling since Lena was away. I felt in my hand the guitar pick that was hanging in my neck and instantly overwhelmed by the times I remember spending with her. All the mornings and afternoons talking, all the lunch we've shared, the kisses and the hugs. I miss her so bad...

Now, I lay in my bed, cuddling ms mcfuzzy in my arms, thinking it was Lena. I hope she's not having a hard time where she is now, I hope she's fine. If only I could just hear her voice...

Wait... I'm alone in the house. Mom doesn't know just yet I skipped school today, so maybe I can sneak out my phone and call Lena again.

I shot out of my bed like a cannon, tossing ms mcfuzzy over, and bolted to Mom's room. I opened her bedside drawer where she kept my phone and only found papers, sticky notes and some spa coupons. No phone.

What a dismay that was. But I ain't giving up hope. I do know mom as much as she knows me, so... just where would she keep my phone now...

She'll probably keep it somewhere she thought I wouldn't dare look. That can only mean one place.

Her make up kit.

I opened her dresser cabinet and there it is... that red box with multiple compartments where colorful eyeshadows and other makeup stuff rests, and just underneath, in an oddly empty hollow, was my phone. I knew it!

I switch my phone open, and much to my dismay, I still haven't received any message from Lena. But I did received a message from an unknown number. Slightly puzzled, I opened the message as I had my hopes up, thinking it must be from Lena...

Hi! It's me. Sorry I wasn't able to call or text you....

And as I had hoped, indeed it was from my Lena.

Mom sent me to Baxter Academy in Bedford County but I'll be sneaking out tonight at nine by the northeast side woods. If you can, meet me there by the roadside going north. If you can't, I'll be sure to understand. I'll be in Midway City by tomorrow... I'll call you if and when I can... Missing you like crazy... xoxo,  Lena

Okay... If car is the fastest way to get to Baxter, so be it, just so I can go meet Lena. If I can find a flying car then much better. But the actual car I need is just outside. All I need is the key and Maggie, 'cause damn it, I still don't know how to drive. I realize now that I really have to take those driving lessons seriously...

I know I'm still grounded, but I'll deal with the consequences of what I am about to do later...

_____________________________

A/N:

To the silent reader, a.k.a. the die-hard Potterhead, this one's for you mate!!
💜😁💜

To all readers

 Thanks! Grazie! Shukran! Gracias! Danke!

- A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
80.5K 2.2K 54
Anthanasia's Plan C of getting unto the emperor's good side was failed. But Plan B of running away was a success! How is her life after running away...
1.2M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
32.2K 795 4
A collection of short stories about Stiles and Derek as they battle with pending parenthood and their pack.