The Girl They Never Noticed

By The_Outkast

✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hm... More

AMAZON + New Book
Publishing / Editing
Hola Everybody!!!
Acknowledgements
Cast ❤️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Pierce Mansion🏠
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AN
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
E-Awards, The Literacy Awards and The Bloom Awards Nominations
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
The Boy That Time Forgot - Jace's Backstory
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AN: Nominate
RANKING
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
GIF Mania
AN
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Suggestions💖💝
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
CONGRATS!!!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Adios
Hola!!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40(accidentally deleted)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 (Last Chapter)

Chapter 25

855 87 46
By The_Outkast

After about an hour of sitting in complete silence, they finally spoke.

"Is she dead?!" I heard Aaron say.

"I don't know." Replied Jace

"Someone should check her pulse." Said Aaron.

"Guys quit bugging her." Said Brenda, stroking my hair.

"What exactly is up with Jaycee?" Asked Sabrina.

"I know right!! Lover boy is acting weird as heck." Interfered Brenda.

"I'm sorry what?!" Started CJ. "Lover boy??? There will be no loving until you turn 35 ok Lexi?? Do. You. Understand. The. Words. That. Are. Coming. Out. Of. My. Mouth?"

"Not the right time to be playing overprotective hun." Said Brenda. "And if you ever mess up with their wedding and mess with our ship, I will bury you 20 feet below the deepest pit of hell. Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" She threatened. I couldn't see her face but I could imagine her expression . It wasn't pretty.

"I'm going to say yes because I'm to afraid to say no." I heard CJ reply, which made me laugh.

"Did she just..." I heard Jace say.

"I think she did!!" Replied Sabrina with a squeal.

Then I went crazy. I started laughing like there was no tomorrow. I held on to my stomach and rolled on my side and continued laughing. Soon enough, everyone started laughing along with me. Within a minute, you'd think you stumbled upon a restricted wing of a mental asylum.

Five minutes later, we all stopped, our backs back along the wall of the room and we were back to complete and utter silence.

"You guys know I'm ok right? It's not like I'm going through some sort mid life crisis or anything."

"Then why did it feel like you were?" Asked Jace. "You know you can tell us anything Alexis and we'll always have your back no matter what."

"I know. I'm ok now. How about we forget this and go watch a movie and eat like we've never seen food before?" I asked, getting up and dusting myself, hoping they'd dig into my charade and give in.

They all gave each other a quizzical look before agreeing. One by one we made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen. Sabrina, Brenda, Jace and I went over to the pantry and got chips, popcorn, nutella, then went over the fridge to get the drinks and ice cream. Meanwhile, the rest were choosing a movie to watch and ended up choosing the Harry Potter series. I mean yes we watched it 40 times but I'd watch it 40 more.

Sometime after it began, Ashton came over and asked me to join him outside; citing it was important and extremely very urgent. Thinking it over, I excused myself and went with him.

"Whatsup Ash?" I asked, tightening the strings on my hoodie since the porch was pretty chilly outside.

"Jaycee isn't answering his phone Alexis and it has been a little over an hour." He said, worry evident on his face.

"He'll be the fine Ashton." I said, without a single care in the world. "It's funny how you would tell me that despite being the one fighting with him at the moment."

"You know how much he cares for you Lexi. It's just that he has some sort of a temper, he never meant for you to cry. You know him as well as I do, he would never deliberately hurt you. Besides, you're the only one he'd listen to if you told him to come back. Please Alexis. For me. It's dangerous being outside in a thunderstorm like this."

I sighed, taking my phone out and dialling his number. It started to ring. Then ring. Then ring. Then it'll go to voicemail.

I called again.

And again.

And again.

Every single time, it'll go straight to voicemail. I started feeling a stinging pain in my heart. The look of worry on my face was even worse than Ashton's.

"What are we gonna do??" I ask Ashton, feeling a painful sensation at the pit of my stomach.

"I don't know Alexis. I know how Jaycee gets when he's upset. He would drive very fast with no regards to the speed limit and with no regards to his safety. Add a thunderstorm to that equation and......let's not assume the worst but you know what I mean."

We paced on the porch, when Sebastian approached us.

"Hey guys. What's up?" He said, holding my gaze.

"Jaycee flew with a car to God knows where, in the middle of a thunderstorm, and now he's not picking up his phone." Answered Ashton for me, since I was too busy deciphering Sebastian's look.

"Don't worry. He's done it countless times before. He just needs some time to blow off steam; you know him Ash. He'll be fine. I promise." He said, ruffling Ashton's hair. Then he continued. "Hey do you mind if I speak with Alexis for a while? It'll only be a minute."

"Uh sure. I'll see you inside Lexi!" He waved as he went inside.

"Don't you dare eat all my popcorn!" I screamed at him.

He turned to me, and with a smirk he said, "I make no promises." Wiggling his eyebrows, he disappeared to the living room.

"So what's cooking?" I casually ask, avoiding his piercing gaze.

"How are you?" He asked, surprising me.

"Pretty swell." I said, before adding, "considering the circumstances."

"I mean it Alexis."

"I'm fine. Really."

"So, I didn't tell this to anyone, but there was actually a break in last night. We found footsteps in the attic that were clearly male, and about where you told us you heard the noise."

"I knew it! Tell your jerk brother that I'm not a liar!" I said a little too loudly, and maybe a little too harshly.

He sighed and went to sit on the porch steps.

"I'm really sorry about what he said Alexis. I'm very sorry that I made you uncomfortable and that I caused some sort of trouble with you and Jaycee." He said, pain evident in his face.

I sat next to him.

"It's not your problem Sebastian. I don't know what's up with Jaycee lately, but I don't care anymore to know. Just please, tell him to come home because it's late and he'll get himself killed." I said getting up, but stopping in my tracks because I realized that what I just said is very contradicting.

"I don't care as of now." I corrected myself.

"Wait!" Said Sebastian getting up and coming to me.

"He just sent me a message saying he'll be away for a little while and he'll come back. He also told you not to worry."

"Whatever." I shrugged my shoulders, turning around to leave.

Well I was about to leave him but he put he stopped me by putting his hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to face him. For almost a minute he seemed like he was fighting with himself to say something, but he settled on saying something nonetheless .

"I want you to call or even text me when something happens again Alexis. Not Jaycee. ME. I know he wants to protect you and everything but I also know that he'll risk his life to save yours. So please, choose me." He said.

"Okay." I said as I turned around to walk away. I don't know why but I have a feeling that these words have some sort of a double meaning.

I made my way to my friends and sat in between CJ and Brenda; taking my cheese/salt popcorn from Ashton and opening a can of ginger ale. At this point in the movie, Harry was with Hagrid, buying his school supplies. I looked at the time on my phone and it read 2.39 pm.

We were halfway through "The Half-Blood Prince" -- about 13 hours later -- when I heard a car roll up to the drive way. Ignoring him like I intended on doing, I continued watching the treachery of Snape, I almost I cried watching Malfoy breaking down, I most definitely cried at Dumbledore's death and when all the wizards raised their wands; I cried tears of pain.

That was basically the last thing I remembered before I dozed off; my legs on CJ's while my head was on Brenda's shoulder.

When I woke up again, it was because I was thirsty as heck. Damn salted popcorn needs at least 4 litres of water in return.

Looking around at our position, I could see that we were all sleeping the exact same way as before. Ashton and Jace were sprawled on the floor, their heads resting on the foot of the sofa; a blanket covering them. Aaron had 2 chairs facing each other, where he laid his torso on the first and his legs on the other. Sabrina, Brenda, CJ and I were on the couch like dominoes on each other. Even Jaycee was lying down on the floor next to Ashton, his jacket covering his face and torso.

The t.v. - which said it was 4.50 am - illuminated the area until where the kitchen was. I went to get a humongous cup of water. I finished drinking my water and was about to my my way back to the comfiness of my seat when something caught my eye; stopping the water halfway down my throat.

The light to my room was open.

There was someone inside.

AN: Heeyyy guyyss!!! Sorry for such a late update but I truly had nothing to write about XD people call it writer's block but oh well🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Don't forget to read/comment/vote AND SPREAD THE WORD!!✨✨

#FrenchFriesAndPopsicleSkies✨✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 1.1K 54
Stephanie has always been a trouble maker. As a high schooler, she never focused on her grades and doesn't do anything but break rules. In fact, she...
577K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
336K 10K 123
Accused of an assault he doesn't remember, Ricky's senior year is made doubly complicated when he falls for the victim's best friend, Olivia - his on...
1K 157 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...