Engaged To A Country Bad Boy

Av sweetgapeach80

Skye Renee Winters never thought that something as an old-fashioned as an arranged marriage still existed but... Mer

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifiteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter One

4.3K 49 6
Av sweetgapeach80

Skye's Point Of View
"WHAT?"

I could not stop the yell that escaped my lips as I jumped up in shock. "What do you mean betrothed? This is 2014 for shit's sake."

My parents who were sitting before me winced. I rarely cursed unless I was really shocked or angry so that stunned my parents a little. Compared to my brother, I was the sweet, filial and shy one. "Mind your language, Skye Renee  Winters!" My mother, Eva Winters snapped and sent me a glare that would usually shrinking back but not this time. "And calm down, it is not as bad as it sounds." She added.

Not as bad as it sounds? Calm down? What was she even saying! I knew there was something fishy going on when both my parents tried so hard to lure me back home for dinner and this was the bomb they dropped me. That I was actually bethrothed and my marriage was planned way before hand by my grandparents. This was just ridiculous really. Why? Because I just turned 26, moved out from my parents' home, finally got a great job at a top graphic designing company and was just about to start life. What I did not expect or wanted was an arranged engagement.

"This is crazy and ridiculous." I deduced out loud. "I am leaving." This was rubbish and I was not staying to deal with it.

I was about to when my father, Paul Winters finally spoke. Usually it didn't affect me but this time it did because he sounded desperate. A tone I had never once heard before from my strict and calm father. "Rory. We are sorry we had to drop this on you this is serious. Please just let us explain." He pleaded. He even used my nickname for effect.

I turned to him and was shocked to see the plea in his eyes. Beside him, my mother looked sympathetic. I let out a huge breath, knowing I was going to regret my next choice but I sat down anyway.

"Fine. Explain it to me but that does not mean I am just going to accept the whole shi- idea of being engaged." I huffed.

My parents, especially my father seemed more relieved. "Sky, this engagement was set by your grandfather." My mother began.

"You have said that already." I reminded them. "What I want to know is details. No one does arranged marriages anymore unless it is like those wealthy families who want good prospects for their children, mom. And it's not like our family is super rich."

Sure our family was quite financially stable with a decent company in construction, which my grandfather built up and was taken over by his eldest son, my father, but it was not like we were billionaires.

"Well, this engagement was a promise between your grandfather and his best friend. It was stated in your grandfather's will, that his eldest granddaughter was to marry his friend's eldest grandson." My dad explained.

The eldest granddaughter was me but there was no way I was doing this. It was old-fashioned and ridiculous to be married off to someone you did not even know. "This is insane. Can't we just forget this whole promise thing? Granddad is already dead." I was close to my grandfather because he doted on me plenty. Now I know the reason why. "I am sure his friend has forgotten it too."

My parents exchanged looks and my father sighed. "That's the problem. He hasn't. You remember Keith Gilbert?" I shook my head. "He was at your grandfather's funeral six months ago and that was the man your grandfather made a promise with. He saw you and he took a liking to you. He's really wealthy and influential, he knew immediately you are the girl for his grandson."

My eyes grew wide. He saw me? And what did he mean he took a liking to me? This was weird now and I was getting a headache from all these. Oh god, why was this happening to me. I still had pending projects at work to settle. I definitely did not need this new stress. "I don't care if he saw me or likes me. I am sure we can reject him." I insisted.

"Sky,. We can't." My father sounded sad now. "We hate to drag you in this mess but we really need your help Sky. You have to go through this."

"But-"

"Because this Keith Gilbert is the reason why our family's company is surviving!" My mother interjected me before I could protest even more.

I gasped, staring at both of them in disbelief. There was more behind this. "What are you saying?"

"Keith Gibert is the man who helped your grandfather set up this company, gave him a livelihood and is a major shareholder of the company. He can take it away from our family in the blink of an eye. You can't do this to us Sky." My father begged. "And we are still paying for Alan's college fees."

Alan was my younger brother and I loved the guy to bits and pieces, would do anything for him. I get what they were saying now and how this engagement came about. If we rejected this engagement, Keith Gilbert would take it all away. The company was not much but it was my grandfather and father's hard work. I knew how much they loved it. Plus there was Alan who was studying hard in college. I can't be the reason why it gets taken away.

I felt deflated. "I see it now. But why make such a promise? It's so primitive!"

Both my parents shook their head sadly. "We don't know Sky."

I slumped back in the couch and looked at both of them. "Is there really no other way out?" They shook their heads. We all stared at each other silently for a few minutes, my mind churning. Was I really going to get myself into this? An arranged engagement and marriage? I was always the hopeless romantic, a flowers and bears kind of girl. I had always hoped to meet The One. Right now, they were taking all that away from me by asking me to marry a complete stranger. Furthermore, he could be fat or ugly or mean! I shuddered inwardly at that. What was I supposed to do? How did my day get to this in a matter of minutes? I should have just ignored my parents invitation for dinner. I would have been home by now, taking a hot shower in my tub.

"Sky.." My mother broke the silence softly. "I know what you're thinking. It's hard and scary to think about marrying a complete stranger." My mother knew me well indeed. "But we have some information that would make it a little better."

I doubt so but I hear her out anyway. It was already bleak and nothing could get worse for my life anyway.

"The man you're marrying, Keith's grandson, his name is Brantley Gilbert." My mother informed me. Great, I had a name. My mother ignored my eye roll and continued. "Keith owns one music label company, one of the top actually. His grandson is a famous country singer  and apparently he is quite popular, a celebrity actually."

A celebrity? I was never really into the whole celebrity thing, didn't chasr idols or anything. I was a computer geek, loved designing and nothing else. I didn't even watch television much, except for Master Chef. So how was this good news? In fact, it sounded worse. I was to be the fiancée of a celebrity? Didn't that mean paparazzi? "It's not good news, mom." I deadpanned.

"Why not?" My father quipped. Since he is a celebrity, you can google him, find out more information about him before you meet him. At least it is not a total stranger without a face." I know they were trying to make me feel better, trying to ease me into accepting this insanity. I was stuck. Entirely stuck. I loved my family too much to let them lose everything they had.

"I guess so." I admitted and they smiled, happier a little. "So what happens now?"

"Keith wants to arrange a dinner meeting with you and Brantley. He suggested Saturday at his home. Of course we will go along with you."

I let out a sigh. "There's no other choice, am I right?"

"Sky, we are sorry. We really are but well, you're single and it's not like you got nothing to lose. Besides, Brantley could be a really great guy."

A celebrity from a wealthy family? Sounds like a spoilt brat to me but I kept my thoughts to myself. Plus my parents were right, I was single. I only had one boyfriend in high school but I caught him sticking his tongue down Stacy, the head cheerleader's throat. The only guy in my life right now other than my family members was Oliver, my best friend.

"Saturday then."

Brantley's Point Of Veiw

"An arranged marriage?" Jeremy, my best mates chortled. "I can't believe it dude. Who does such things nowadays?" My other best friend , Jake who was a quiet guy simply smirked.

My grandfather, who else? "Shut up." I snapped. I couldn't believe it either. A fucking arranged marriage. That was what he told me when he called me in earlier. I knew something bad was going to happen. I could feel it. Sure enough, some shit about a promise between him and his friend. I had outright refused to it until he gave me an ultimatum, get married to the girl he wants or he would make sure my band loses the fame. That was the worse thing that could happen to me. I had worked hard with the band for 10 years since we were 18 to bring it where it was now. There was no way in hell I was letting him take that away from me. So I had agreed to it, for now. I would find a way to get out of this later. Besides, I was sure the girl would be some boring, ugly girl given my grandfather's tastes.

"So you're seriously going to accept this?" Jeremy asked in disbelief.

I shrugged, not wishing to tell them what my grandfather had said. It would crush them and we had a performance tomorrow. I did not need their moods ruined.

"But what about Tiff-" Danny began asking but my glare cut him off. He knew better than to bring her up. Jeremy and Jake exchanged looks of worry but there was nothing to worry about. I had my anger under control.

"Nothing about her. It's over. She made her choice." I gritted out as I adjusted my microphone. "Come on let's practice for tomorrow's performance." I ordered causing all of them to focus, knowing I was in serious mode now. Singing and music was the only thing that can numb me for now and make all my problems seem miniscule. I would deal with the messy situation later.

Skye's Point Of View

"Yeah I know it's unbelievable Ruth." I said over the phone. "No you don't have to come over because I am tired. We will talk tomorrow. Alright, bye."

I hung up the phone as I continued walking. I had left my parents house and called Ruth, my best girl friend immediately to update her because I never hide anything from her and vice versa. She was just as shocked as I was and she wanted more details. When I mentioned Sebastian Knight, she started squealing and saying he was the hottest man on the planet, comparable to Ryan Gosling. She even claimed I was so lucky and called me an idiot for not knowing who he was. That was the reason why I didn't allow her to come over; I would have to deal with her overflowing excitement. Maybe I should call Oliver instead. He was more level-headed and would probably make sense of all the rubbish but then again, given how overprotective he was of me, he might go nuts. It was best to just tell him when I see him.

I decided such a crazy night meant ice-cream. I walked towards the nearest convenience store and headed straight to my target, choosing my favorite flavor of Ben&Jerry's. I was digging into my bag for my purse and not looking straight ahead. Of course given my luck, I would knock into something and dropped my ice-cream tub. At first, I thought it was a wall. Then I realized, it was actually a man, a tall man in a pair of black boots, jeans and a black tee shirt who had a hard chest, toned arms and… I gasped in embarrassment when I realized it was also a handsome looking man.

"I am so sorry." I managed to choke out.

He simply smiled and bent down to pick out my ice-cream. "It's fine." He glanced down at the tub in his hands. "Had a bad day?" He asked, his brown eyes meeting mine. He handed me back the tub and when I took it, his fingers brushed against my skin. His skin was rough and calloused, I guess instantly perhaps he was a musician. A guitar player perhaps because when Alan started learning the guitar, his fingers were that way too.

"Yeah." I managed to reply. "Was it that obvious?" I joked back. Well, it was not every day I would bump into a hot guy who would talk to me!

He laughed. "The ice-cream is a giveaway." He ran his fingers through his thick blonde hair. "Hope you feel better soon."

"Well, thanks." I replied. "And I am sorry for bumping into you." I added again.

"No problem. Have a goodnight, miss." He smiled at me once more, almost sending a blush to my cheeks before leaving.

I watched him walk away and out of the store, admiring the view of his perfect height, body and ass till it disappeared out of view. Now, if only I was getting engaged to a man like that.

Saturday came and I found myself reluctant to get out of bed. What if I called my parents to tell them I was sick? My mother would probably see through my lie and come over here to bang on my door. Urgh! For the rest of the week, the looming fact that I was going to be sucked into this had me distracted and stressed out at work. I had to be more professional or Janice, my boss would kill me. I had met Ruth yesterday and the mad woman was so excited, saying it was a good thing for me.

"Maybe you will finally get to lose your v-card, Skye." Yeah right. Even if the man was going to be my husband, there was way I would let someone who did not love me touch me.

I had not even told Oliver the news and I would have to soon. He would probably hate me from hiding something so major. I would call him tonight.

I spent the entire day moping around when it was time to get ready, I forced myself to get showered and dressed. I had no idea what would someone wear to a prospective marriage meeting so I decided on a simple white dress that reached my mid-thighs and a pair of wedges. I skipped the make up because I was not going to impress anyone. I chose to let my long brown hair flow down to my back. I grabbed my phone, wallet and keys to drop them in my small leather sling bag.

My father had texted me the address last night and told me they would meet me there. From the address, I knew the house was in an area where all the large private houses and mansions were locate. Rich family indeed. I called a cab and throughout the entire cab ride, I was a bundle of nerves. My palms were getting sweaty because of the fact I was going to be stepping into the unknown. After much consideration, I had chosen not to Google who Brantley Giilbert was and how did he look like. I just could not find the courage to do so or maybe because I believe in the saying, "Ignorance is bliss."

Although I was really curious what kind of man was he. Even if he was a celebrity, would he be nice? How was he taking this whole thing? What if he hated me? What if he thought I was ugly? I blanched at that thought. I knew I was no model material. I was petite, fair-skinned and well, average looks. And since Ruth claimed him to be drop dead gorgeous, what if he thought I was plain?

I sighed. What was I getting myself into?

The cab dropped me off in front of a large white mansion that had both me and the cab driver exchanging looks of awe. I paid him and got out reluctantly.

A butler, yes an actual freaking butler, was standing at the entrance of the mansion. He looked sharp and fit in a black suit even though he seemed to be in about his fifties. He walked down the front steps and approached me, a smile on his face. There was an air about him that relaxed me. He seemed genuinely friendly and not stuck up like those butlers I would read about.

"You must be Miss Winters." It was not a question. He knew who I was.

I nodded. "Hi." I said, somewhat shyly.

"Welcome Miss Winters. My name is Joe. Your parents arrived ten minutes ago. They are inside with Mr Gilbert."

"Oh." I didn't know what else to reply as I stared up at the beautiful but intimidating mansion before me.

Joe followed my gaze and seemed to read my thoughts. "Don't worry. Mr Gilbert is really excited to meet you." I gulped. I wondered which Mr Gilbert he was referring to but didn't ask. "Shall we?" He added.

I nod but found it hard to move my legs. I took a deep breath and chanted in my head, "You can do this. You can do this. Think of Alan. Think of your parents."

"Let's go." I finally said as I allowed Joe to lead me.

I was resigning myself to fate.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

453 59 10
Dr. Stephanie Strange, younger sister of Stephen Strange, has been brought to Avengers compound to help provide medical care for 2 Surrogates of the...
14K 526 28
SB19 AU (Focusing on KenTell) All events are purely fiction and is a product of the author's imagination Warnings: Mxm (Male to male pairings, StellJ...
54.7K 1.2K 30
Ever felt so ugly, pretending that he loves me Sometimes it's just not money never had to afford me Now I'm sick and tired of you just taking right o...
1M 40.7K 49
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...