Chapter Twelve

Skye’s Point Of View:

It was too warm. And heavy. What was this thing on me? And what was poking my butt? Ugh, I was starting to get more awake and annoyed.

My eyes fluttered opened reluctantly and I groaned softly at how badly my ache hurt. Last night, the champagne was apparently not adequate enough for Ruth. We actually popped open one of Brantley’s vodka. He was going to kill me. Right after I get this heavy thing off my chest-

My eyes grew wide as I became alert immediately. The heavy thing on my chest was Brantley's arm. His arm was draped over my naked chest. Why was I naked? I could still feel my panties but why was that the only piece of clothing on my body? And Brantley.. I glanced at him slowly and realized he was also stark naked. That meant the thing poking me was.. Oh dear God. Then it all came back to me fast, like a ton of bricks being dumped on my head.

I had seduced Bratley last night in my drunken state. He had tried his best to stay away. But I.. jumped on him! I remembered it all now. The fierce kisses.. the feel of his mouth on my.. Oh my god. Brantley had given me an orgasm. A mind-blowing orgasm with just his finger. My first ever orgasm. I groaned once more. And I was horrified because I wanted more. It was not helping that he was lying naked right beside me and I could feel him. I remembered how huge he was and how.. I flushed. I had actually given him a hand job.

I groaned even louder as I raised my hand to smack my forehead. Brantley grunted beside me as he ran his hand across my chest causing me to stiffen. His palm grasp my breast and he gave it a light squeeze. Was he even still asleep? I turned my head to check and saw that he was slowly waking up.

His eyes opened slowly and sleepily. "Bambi." He murmured and smiled at me. I melted into a puddle right there and then. Brantley was hot but sleepy, smiling Brantely was dopey and adorable. I wanted to kiss him so badly.

Brantley blinked slowly and yawned. When he was more alert, he then realized where his hand was. He let go of my breast and propped himself up immediately and cursed. "Fuck!" He stared at me worriedly and apologetic. "I am sorry Bambi. I didn't know-"

"It's fine." I assured him quickly. Perhaps I just wanted to enjoy the moment we were in before I freaked out on him, I snuggled up closer to him and pressed a kiss to his lips. "I remembered last night and I don't regret it." I added shyly.

Brantley relaxed at my assurance and fell back on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. "Thank god. I didn't want you to wake up thinking I took advantage of you."

I giggled. "I know you won't do that. You have been sleeping on the couch the past week."

"Well I like this more now. So does this change things?" He asked, uncertainty lacing his voice. I knew what he meant. I wasn't ready to have sex yet but now that I have had the experience to wake up beside Brantley, I don't think I can give it up.

"It does..but you know I am not completely ready-"

"You don't have to explain anything further." Brantley's black eyes stared into mine softly. "I understand but I am glad we took another step." He leaned in and kissed me lightly.

I smiled. "Me too." I took the next few moments to appreciate the man lying in bed next to me. Brantley's body was really one would call perfection. I ran my finger across his chest lightly, feeling the muscles tensed slightly as I admired the array of colorful ink on his skin. The name 'Beth' caught my attention again.

"That's my mom's name." Brantley answered my unspoken question. "I got it inked right after her funeral."

Oh. "Tell me about her." I felt a sudden urge to know more about him. The fact that he had her named inked permanently meant he loved her a lot.

"She was a great person. A loving mother and a caring wife. My father was head over heels in love with her. He would always tell me it was love at first sight. I loved her because she was always so supportive. She didn't mind that I preferred music over studies. She would even bake cookies for my band all the time and the boys loved her. She was so perfect that even my grandfather was putty in her hands." He let out a low chuckle at that. Somehow I wanted to laugh too because I could not imagine a man like Keith Gilbert ever being soft to anyone.

"When she started getting sick, it was bad. I really wondered why the fuck God wanted to take away the life of such a good woman. My father started becoming quieter and it felt like there was this gap in our relationship. He was pushing everyone away. When she passed away, my father changed. He was no longer happy, always sullen. He focused himself in work. But I don't blame him because I know he really loves my mother a lot. Till now he has not even looked at another woman but I do miss the times we had as a family."

I could not stop the tears that were threatening to fall out now. I felt so sad for Sebastian. "I would have love to meet her." I whispered. Brantley realized I was sobbing and ran his thumb across my cheeks.

"Don't cry. She would have loved to meet you too. In a way, you are alike to her. You're sweet, caring, take care of my boys.." He leaned his face in closer. "..you're perfect too Bambi. And sometimes I don't think I deserve you. Maybe that's why I didn't want to accept this in the first place."

"Brantley-" He captured my mouth quickly in a kiss, dipping his tongue when I gasped. He rolled me over on my slowly without breaking our mouths apart so that he was on top of me. I could feel his erection hot and heavy against my stomach. I squirmed and he groaned in my mouth, pushing tongue deeper.

When he did pull apart, I was breathless. So was he. How could a man like him be so affected by someone like me? "What you said last night, did you mean it?"

"What I said.." My eyes grew wide at what he was referring to. I had spoken it out loud. I thought I was saying it in my stupid head but no! I had actually said it out loud! I was never ever drinking again.

"Did you?" Brantley's eyes darkened as he met my gaze fiercely.

"I did." I admitted softly, not being able to tear away from the intense dark orbs that had a hold over me. "I love you Brantley. I know it's too soon and-"

He silenced me with another kiss. "No. Yes it's fast but I love you too Bambi." My chest swelled at his admission. He loves me? He really loves me? If he wasn't pinning me down, I would be jumping up and down with glee right now. "Yes we are different but like they said, opposites attract isn't it? All along I thought it was girls like Jana but no, I know what I missed out on. You're fucking special and I love you Bambi. I don't like the way we started but I love this now."

"Brantley.." I was speechless. I can't believe Brantley really loves me! It was all too soon but the happiness I was feeling.. I felt like I was floating on cloud nine.

"Let's do it Bambi." Brantley looked really determined all of a sudden and I wondered what was running through his mind.

"Do what?" I asked, confused.

He pulled away from me suddenly and got out of bed. I tried my hardest not to drool at the sight of his bare and firm butt and how powerful his back look. Brantley disappeared into the walk-in wardrobe and I was really puzzled now. I sat up and wrapped the sheets around my naked chest, wondering if I should follow him.

He reappeared moments later, wearing a pair of sweats and something small in his hand. He never took his eyes off me as he walked towards me. "Brantley?" I asked quizzically. What had gotten into him so abruptly?

In response, Brantley then did the unpredictable. He knelt down slowly on one knee, never breaking eye contact with me. If my eyes could pop out, it would. My mouth dropped open. Was he joking? Nope, Brantley did not look like he was joking at all.

The small thing in his hand revealed to be a small velvet box. He opened it slowly. It was a beautiful ring encrusted with tiny diamonds. Brantley took a deep breath.

"Bambi, will you marry me?"

A/n: Bam! I have my reasons for making it this way *winks*. If you want more drama and Bambi's answer please favorite/follow or review! Thanks to all those loyal readers who never fail to make my day by leaving a review behind to encourage me!