Chapter Fifiteen

Skye’s Point Of View:

I shuffled on my feet nervously. Brantley squeezed my hand and gave me an assuring smile. We were both standing right outside Jana's penthouse apartment. Niel was waiting in the car and I wanted to swop places with him. I could not put my finger on it, but I just felt like I should not be here. But the idea of Brantley being alone with Jana sickened me. I could not like I was still jealous of the beautiful actress, who wouldn't? She was with Brantley longer and probably knew him better than me..

The door swung open and stood there was a woman I didn't recognize. She was tall, had red hair and a confident pose but her face looked worn out. When her eyes met Brantley she looked relieved but when she noticed me, they narrowed. "You brought her?" The woman hissed. I instantly shrunk back.

Brantley gripped my hand tighter and glared at the woman. "Simone, You be nice to Skye or I am leaving without helping you." Brantley threatened. Simone. I guessed this was Jana 's manager.

Simone huffed but appeared resigned. "She just went crazy and threw a couple of glasses around. It's a warzone in there. If she sees…"She stared at me and frowned. "Whatever. Just talk to her please." Simone sighed tiredly.

She stepped past to allow us to enter. Simone was right. The place was a mess. The apartment was dimly lit. There were alcohol bottles, clothes and rubbish everywhere. Brantley pulled me to stand behind him protectively. We finally noticed Jana on the couch, a bottle of Tequila in hand and only dressed in set of black lingerie. She was crying. No longer the confident woman I saw in the parking lot a few weeks ago.

Instantly, I felt a stab of guilt. Was this was I was doing to her? What Brantley and me were doing to her? I had heard her saying she was never going to let Brantley go. I never knew if she has attempted to contact him or whatsoever. Maybe she has and Brantley being Brantley, was stubborn. Did all her attempts fail to drive her this far?

Jana noticed us immediately, or more like she noticed Brantley She did not even lay eyes on me. "Brant!" She cried out, horrified. "You.." Wait, she sounded like she didn't want Brantley here at all. Why?

I felt Brantley's body turned rigid. He lets go of my hand and I wondered what was going on. "Fuck!" He cursed loudly. He turned sharply, blocking my view. What was he hiding from me? "You didn't fucking tell me she was doing drugs!" He snapped at Simone.

My eyes grew wide. I looked around Brantley and sure enough there was some white powder on the table. Oh my god- "Don't look Bambi." Brantley ordered gruffly. But I had seen it. I had also noticed how haggard Jana looked. She was doing drugs and alcohol? To get over Brantley? While we were happily.. I felt horrible. So horrible I wanted to hurl. I hurriedly covered my mouth. Brantley noticed.

"Shit." Brantley ran his fingers through his hair "Fuck. I should not have brought you here." He really sounded pissed now. Wait, what did he mean by that? "You need to leave Bambi, now." Wait, wait, wait! It seemed like Brantley's attitude did a 180 degree turn. His expression was hard as he began pushing me towards to Simone. Was he mad at me?

"Take her down to Niel. Get him to send her home safely." Brantley told Simone. Why was he talking to her, not me? Brantley turned his back to me and walked back towards Jana . I watched, wide-eyed as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around his body tightly. How was everything changing in just mere seconds?

"Brantley. I love you." Jana sobbed. "Please, don't leave me again. I am sorry. I will change. I only love you. Please don't throw what we had together."

I stood rooted to the spot as I heard Jana's declaration. I could not see his expression but I grew horrified as Brantley hugged her tighter and began moving. He was carrying her away. To her bedroom? No.. Brantley was just holding my hand a few minutes ago! What was he doing? I wanted to run after them but my legs won't move!