Chapter Eight

Brantley’s Point Of View;

I inhaled another puff before flicking the cigarette out and throwing it in the bin. I needed a smoke and I had promised Bambi I wouldn't do this in front of her so this was the best time. I glanced at my watch. It was almost 630 and they should be down by now but I knew better than to rush Ben since he told me it was important Bambi looked good for her first appearance tonight beside me.

I leaned against the car and pulled out my phone. They were a few encouraging texts from the rest of the guys including Jake. They had wanted to tag along but it was something Bambi and me had to face alone. I was replying to the texts when the sound of someone clearing their throat had me looking up.

My mouth fell open slightly at the sight before me. Bambi stood there with a nervous expression and shifting uncomfortably on a pair of red “come fuck me” heels. She was wearing a simple black dress that reached her mid thighs. Her hair was left flowing down and for the first time ever, I was seeing her with make up. It was not excessive though, simple make up that seemed to accentuate her features. She looked beautiful. Perfect even. And those killer heels, fuck me. They made her legs look longer and as a man, it was torturing me. Ben knew what he was doing.

She was trying her hardest to avert my gaze but when she did glance at me, she blushed deeply before looking hastily away again.

"So?" Ben asked from behind her.

I cleared my throat and managed to regain my composure. I straightened myself before reply. "You look beautiful." I told her honestly. She deserved it for being so brave and doing this with me. My compliment caused her to duck her head down further and she mumbled a soft thanks. I resisted the urge to laugh.

Satisfied with the result, Ben clapped his hands together. "We are going to be late, let's go."

Ben moved front passenger seat and got in. Bambi shuffled towards the car, her head still bent down. I walked towards her and stopped her. Pressing a finger to her chin, I tilted her head up to look at me. She was still blushing and bit her lip. Fuck! The sight of her doing that unraveled me. I had the really strong urge to brush my thumb across those soft pink lips. I blinked and snapped out of it before I did anything stupid.

"Hey. Don't be nervous. Just follow my lead and it will all be fine." I told her. She nodded mutely. "And later on, you would have to expect plenty of touching from me so.. just be prepared alright?" An emotion flashed across her eyes but it was too quick for me to determine it. Once again, she simply nodded.

I led her towards the car where my bodyguard, Niel was waiting. Like the others, I could tell he was instantly smitten by Bambi's innocent beauty but he was too professional to make any comment. He simply smiled lightly at her.

"Skye, this is our bodyguard, Niel." I introduced. She smiled back at him and they exchanged greetings. Niel held the door open for Skye as she slide in the car. I walked round to the other side and got in behind Ben.

The moment we were all in and buckled in, Ben spoke. "The press is already waiting. Situation update is they are all anxious." Beside me, I felt Bambi tense up. I didn't know why but I reached out to hold her hand in mine. When I did that earlier in the morning, it was the spur of the moment. But I felt the tingles on my skin and I found myself liking how soft her skin is. I tried to convince myself it was just because I wanted to extend comfort to her.

Bambi turned to me and smiled. "I am ready." She told me and I squeezed her hand.

"Let's do this."

I could feel the nervousness rolling off Bambi as she squirmed and fidgeted in her seat beside me. I grabbed her hand under the table and she relaxed slightly but she was still biting her lip. I was used to it though, the camera flashes and the scrutiny all these nosy reporters were giving us. I had answered a couple of questions so far. They were all fairly simple, how did we met and stuff like that.