Chapter Thirteen

Brantley’s Point Of View:

I was holding my breath as I waited for her answer. She was sitting there on the bed, looking shock as she stared at me dumbfounded. I wasn't joking nor I was doing impulsively. Okay, well maybe but the question was still: Why the fuck not?

Hearing Bambi tell me last night she loved me was the best thing that ever happened to me since my mother died. I couldn't fucking believe I had once loved someone like Jana when there was someone so fucking perfect like Bambi. Telling Bambi about my mother hit me there and then; Bambi was almost like my mother, well except that my mother was not as shy or reserved. I could see it so fucking clearly now why Bambi caught my grandfather's eye. So it was decided, no one else could clearly replace Bambi now in my heart. I loved her and hell, this may be too soon. It was only more than a week since we have been living together but I want this. We will be married sooner or later anyway.

"Bambi, I really do love you with all my heart. I swear on it. This may look rushed or impulsive but it's not." I said gently, still on my knees. "And to be honest, we would get married sooner or later. I just would rather make you mine officially faster."

She took a deep breath. I knew that mind of hers was working but I just hoped it was in my favor. "Brantley." She finally said something. But her small voice had me worrying. "Are you sure about this? I mean I am happy.. over the moon but I don't want you to regret it. A marriage is for life to me and-"

I understood her fears instead of being upset at what she was indicating. She was worried I was in to the moment and I was going to regret it ten years down the road. Well I wasn't.

"I won't. I swear on it Bambi." I said fiercely. "I am not like Jeremy, Danny or Jake and you know it. I don't sleep around. I am a one lady's man. I'm yours Bambi. You own my heart, mind and body. I didn't expect this but maybe that's what makes this sweeter. I want you, always."

Bambi's eyes grew watery as she smiled widely. "If you put it like that then," She nodded her head. "Yes, I will marry you."

I could not help but grin as I slipped the ring on her finger. Without hesitation, I got up and pulled her into my arms causing her to squeal as the sheets fell off her body. "Brantley!"

"I am so fucking happy now Bambi. I swear it."

She laughed and pulled apart from me to look me in the eyes. "I love the ring by the way. It's beautiful."

"It belonged to my mother." I had never thought I would use my mother's ring to propose. A few months ago when I had planned to marry Jana , I had bought her an engagement ring which I eventually threw in the ocean. I didn't know why but somehow I felt my mother's ring was too precious. However now, it was right on Bambi.

Bambi's smile grew wider. "That makes it all the more beautiful and precious. Thank you." She leaned her forehead against mine.

That reminds me.. "Bambi, you're almost naked now and pressing your chest against mine. That's not very good unless.." She smacked me in the chest and pulled away, causing me to laugh. She hurriedly grabbed the sheets and wrapped it around her body causing me to groan in disappointment. I was just teasing her. Besides, I had a feeling a girl like Bambi would have wanted to wait till our wedding night. It was for the better because it would make it all the more special.

"Go and shower. I will make breakfast and invite everyone up here. We can share the news with the idiots." I told her.

"But what about your grandfather? And my parents?" Fuck. That's right. I bet the old man would be over the moon. And there was Bambi's parents too. Well, I had not even asked her father for permission yet. Shit!