Chapter Nineteen

Jake’s Point Of View: .

"Do you, Skye Renee Winters, take the Brantley James Gilbert as your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in…"

She looked absolutely beautiful today. Her smile was radiant, the dress was perfect on her petite figure and she didn't even have make up on. She was truly happy and my heart was aching. I wanted whatever this was. Happiness? Love? We say it all the time but it was true; Brantley was a lucky bastard. And I was envious of that bastard.

"You may now kiss the bride." I pronounce to you Mr. & Mrs. Brantley James Gilbert

I will never get such happiness like this.

Skye’s Point Of View:

"You look absolutely beautiful today." I could not stop the blush that crept up my cheeks even though it has been like the tenth time Brantley has whispered that in my ear. "Mrs Gilbert" He added softly as he pressed a light kiss to my ear lobes, causing me to shiver while we twirled around the dance floor. I had to admit my husband was a great dancer, talented as always in many areas.

Today was it. We were finally married. It was a simple ceremony held at the large enormous garden of Keith's mansion. The venue was chosen simply because it was the best way to keep the paparazzi away with the high security.

I was beyond happy. Floating on cloud nine in fact. Everything went smoothly, even the first meeting with Brantley's dad. I was so nervous because he looked so cold and distant. But when he began talking to me, something in him seemed to change and Brantley had noticed it too. Brantley merely smiled and appeared triumph. Brantley's dad wished us all the best and wanted to have dinner with us when we got back from our honeymoon. I could see it really meant a deal for Brantley to have his father talk to him. I really hoped I could do more in the future to repair their relationship.

Ruth was my maid of honor and Danny was chosen as best man. I always assumed it would be Jake but Brantley said there were reasons. I had to admit I thought Ruth and Danny looked perfect together. I knew of her awful night with that horrible guy and I was more than grateful for Danny in helping her. And it was clear now that Ruth was single, Danny was not holding back but it seems my best friend was. I had no idea what was going on underneath that blonde head of hers since she was not telling me just so I could focus on my wedding. "You have bigger issues to fret about. Like losing your v-card." She had insisted sternly. Right.

Right after this, Brantley and I were flying off to Paris, my dream destination for our honeymoon. To be honest, I was more nervous for the night. All week long Brantley had been dropping clear hints of the night's events. I should have expected nothing less from such a virile man but I counted myself lucky. I was anxious myself because I was completely ready to give myself to him entirely.

"Do you mind if I step in?"

I instantly froze in my steps as I recognized the voice that cut through the bubble I was in Brantley's arms. It was Oliver. He was standing right beside us all dressed formally and a smile on his handsome face. I was more than shocked. Oliver had never responded to my invite till the point I gave up. When did he get here? Was he here the whole time? A dozen questions were running through my mind as I gaped at him.

"Surprise." Brantley said softly and I snapped my eyes back to him in confusion. "I got Ben to trick him into meeting me. I talked to him, gave him the apology I promised you." I remembered it, the apology Brantley he owed Oliver on the day I first moved in to his house "Now, I think you two should talk. I will go talk to your parents."

Brantley let go of me but not without pressing a kiss to my lips and giving Oliver a smirk which Oliver returned with a knowing smile. I huffed. I was already married to him and he was still marking his territory. Brantley walked away and Oliver pulled me into his arms to lead me into a slow dance.