Chapter Nine

Skye’s Point Of View:

I have been kissed a total of five times in my entire 23 years of life. The first time was by a boy named Billy when I was 5. He was running straight, tripped on a rock, crashed into me and his mouth landed right on my lips. He then screamed and said I had 'cooties'. The second was by a guy named Victor when I was 17. He had asked me to the school dance and shoved his tongue down my throat behind the school. He attempted to grab my breast through my dress before Oliver caught us, pulled him off me and punched him. The third was by my one and only official boyfriend in high school but that was before he cheated on me.

The fourth kiss was by an extremely, handsome man named Brantley Gilbert. It was in front of strangers but I vaguely remembered the feeling because I was in a state of shock. Now, was my fifth kiss by the same extremely handsome man and it was the best kiss I have ever had in my life. Maybe because it was the only real kiss I ever had.

Brantley's lips were soft, gentle but consuming. He was making my knees weak and I would have collapsed on the bathroom floor if it wasn't for his strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulling my body close to his; his warm and muscular body. Brantley's bit my lower lip causing me to gasp in surprise before his tongue plundered in, seeking to claim every single inch of my mouth. He tasted like a mixture of mint and cigarettes. Surprisingly, the cigarettes were a turn on. Uncontrollably, I let out a soft moan and Brantley growled in response. He liked this, the fact he had such a control over me.

His arms around me tightened and he pulled our bodies closer, if it was even possible. And that was when I felt it. It was unmistakable what it was. The hard press of his erection against my stomach. And I would have loved it that someone like me, plain old Skye Renee Winters managed to arouse a man like Brantley Gilbert But a huge realization struck me and I pulled away abruptly, panting.

Brantley was startled and he stared at me in confusion. I glanced down and bit my lip, sure enough there was a distinct bulge at the front of his jeans.

"What's wrong?" Brantley asked, reaching out to grab me again but I backed away. "I thought you wanted.."

"I did!" I admitted hastily, not wanting him to assume for the worst. "But Brantley.. I.." I had to tell him. Tell him that I was actually still a virgin, something which may be a huge deal breaker to an experience guy like Brantley.

"What is it?" Brantley asked, but he sounded patient and he was giving me my space. "You can tell me anything Bambi. We trust each other right?"

I bit my lip and shuffled on my feet uncomfortably. "Bambi, don't bite your lip." Brantley groaned and I released it immediately. "It is a huge turn on." I blushed at that.

I took a deep breath. I can do this. I can just tell him I'm a virgin and that I need time. I mean I didn't mind kissing but I am afraid Brantley would expect more. Would he?

"Brantley I.." Before I could finally get it out, Adele's voice drifted through the air. My phone was ringing. Brantley's eyes narrowed. I didn't know if it was because we were interrupted or was it my ringtone. Possibly both.

"Sorry." I murmured before dashing past him and out to the room. I grabbed my phone that was on the bed. The caller ID was flashing Oliver's name. Oh god. I could hear Brantley behind me. He had followed me out.

I swiped my phone and answered the call. "Hello?" My voice came out breathy and nervous. I was still reeling from Brantley's kiss and the fact Brantley was just standing right behind me and I had a strong feeling he wasn't really a huge fan of Oliver.

"Skye, I just saw the news." My eyes widened. Oliver sounded, upset. "Was it an act? Or have the both of you really fallen in love in just two days?"