Chapter Ten

Brantley’s Point Of View;

"Nothing ever lasts forever.In the end, you have changed. There is no reason. Take away such a thing called love."

"Skye!"

I stopped singing. My eyes flew open as my fingers paused in strumming my guitar. Bambi was standing at the door of our practice room. My mouth went dry at the sight of her. She had clearly just gotten off work. She was dressed in a sleeveless silk blouse that showed off a decent view of her cleavage. Her black skirt stopped at her mid-thighs but they showed off the curves of her hips. Those heels she was in really made me want to throw my guitar right down to the floor and run straight to her to wrap those slender legs of hers around my waist.

That's right, Bambi had a hold on me. A tight hold. After I got my ass out of my head and accepted the attraction, it seemed to get worse. I wanted her. I wanted to claim her. But she wasn't ready and so was I. We were still in the process of our getting to know each other better. Our date last night was perfect. When Bambi wasn't shy, she was sweet and funny. I loved her company and I actually found myself relaxing. There was no need to go all out and impress her like I had to do so with Jana . Bambi was a simple girl and she made things simple.

Bambi's eyes were on me even though Jeremy was talking to her, her gaze a mixture of curiosity and awe.

"Um," She cleared her throat. "I am about to cook dinner. Any special orders?"

Fuck. She really was the best and apparently Jeremy thought so too. Before he could even touch her and pull her in that stupid hug of his, I got up and moved to her side swiftly.

"You don't have to cook for us every time." I said to her gently. I knew how nice Bambi was. She had guessed by now from yesterday's breakfast that my boys loved a good home cooked meal but they were deprived from it before she arrived. Now, she was determined to cook for them every time. "We can order a pizza or something." At my words, Jeremy and Danny groaned behind me. I made a mental note to punch them both later.

"It's fine. I love cooking and it's not healthy to be eating take outs every time." Bambi insisted. Her eyes meeting mine shyly. She was still shy around me. That was the reason why I had chosen to sleep on the couch last night. She needed more time to get used to this while I needed space to calm down and not think like a horny ass who has not gotten laid in a while.

"But you just got off work. You must be tired. How was work anyway?" I had Niel send her to work, worried the paparazzi would stalk her there. They did but Bambi had texted me saying she was safe plus her building's security would not let her up. She had to eat her lunch in her own office though, courtesy of Niel buying it for her.

She shook her head. "My colleagues went a little crazy but I am fine." She assured me before looking around the room towards all the guys. "Any orders?"

"We are fine with anything." Danny said, grinning while Jeremy was nodding his head eagerly beside him like an idiot.

"Alright. I will cook whatever then." Bambi replied. "I will call you guys up when it's ready." She turned to leave but stopped last minute. I raised a brow when she eyed me nervously.

"That was the first time I have heard you sing." She said softly. "I love your voice." Before I could respond, she reached up swiftly to press a light kiss to my lips. Her cheeks turned pink and she escaped from the room without another word.

"Woah! That was so damn…fuck you're lucky Brantley!" Jeremy cursed.

Fuck. I was lucky. That kiss was her way of complimenting me and I knew she had never done such a thing to any other guy before. I had half a mind now to chase after her when Ben entered the room. As usual, his eyes was fixed on me.