The Girl They Never Noticed

By The_Outkast

✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hm... More

AMAZON + New Book
Publishing / Editing
Hola Everybody!!!
Acknowledgements
Cast ❤️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Pierce Mansion🏠
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AN
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
E-Awards, The Literacy Awards and The Bloom Awards Nominations
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
The Boy That Time Forgot - Jace's Backstory
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AN: Nominate
RANKING
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
GIF Mania
AN
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Suggestions💖💝
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
CONGRATS!!!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Adios
Hola!!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40(accidentally deleted)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 (Last Chapter)

Chapter 23

1K 87 42
By The_Outkast

I think that sometime during our silent, 5 hour trip I fell asleep, it was a dreamless one because I was so damn tired. We played charades and Simon says until we all passed out from not getting enough sleep the night before.

It was a calm and comfortable sleep until I felt someone poke me and I opened my eyes to find Jaycee wide awake. Does this dude ever sleep? Even his brother, who I learned is called Sebastian, doesn't sleep!

"Here, I want you to listen to something. Maybe it could be our song?" He said, hopefulness in his voice.

I smiled so wide it could permanently alter my face - all thoughts of sleep forgotten.

"Sure Jay Jay. Let me listen to it." I said taking the left ear piece while he had the right one; bonding us closer.

The song started out with a slight piano intro and then started the most amazing and mesmerizing song I have ever heard. I took in every word, and every tune, every beat and every note. I wouldn't even mind listening to it for the rest of my life.

🎵Turn around I'm still the one that is holding your hand
Just like I've always been
I'm still the one that you count on
Count on me for everything

You and I never knew how to surrender
Oh no, we did it all together
This is just the beginning
It only gets better

I just wanna stay here forever
Long as the world is spinning around (round)
I promise that I won't let you down (down)
No we'll never hit the ground
Our love will last forever🎵

By the time it finished I was probably crying because my vision was blurred. Jaycee wiped away my tears, and handed me a tissue he got from God knows where. Is he like a magician? Even I, the clumsy trouble magnet, don't carry that many tissues with me.

"Let me speak first." He said, allowing me to control my weird impulses. "I came across this song when I was choosing one to sing to you for the talent show. I wanted to sing this but I thought that it was too personal and intimate to be sung on stage; so I chose that one instead. I always think of you whenever I listen to something that makes my heart flutter because that's the way you make me feel. I can't even choose a song to pinpoint the exact words I feel for you but this one comes pretty darn close." He said smiling; making my heart melt in a puddle.

"This song is so beautiful Jaycee that I can't even begin to describe how it made me feel. I guess that we officially have a song. I've never had anyone show me this much attention and I just think that I don't know what to do with it." I said, my heart beat increasing and my face turning tomato red.

"Take your time to figure it out love. It's not like I'm going anywhere." He said staring in to my eyes, his smile melting my heart.

Love.

GOD what is this boy doing to me.

"Well since you have a song for me, I actually have one for you too!" I said, shuffling through my phone. "I actually hope to play this at my wedding." I said trying to find it.

"Hey! Isn't that supposed to be a decision we make together?"

That's what I think he said. I had to be sure.

"What?!" I asked.

"What?" He replied, smirking.

"Um okay. Here's the song Romeo."

"Oh bring it forth my dear Juliet." He said, faking a british accent.

"Uh for your information, Romeo and Juliet's romance lasted for about only 4 days AND they ended up dying." Butted Brenda, awakening from her beauty sleep. "You guys better last more than that because I do intend to put my dress to use."

"Uh go back to sleep please." Said Jaycee, causing her to give him a glare and turn the other way around; sleeping.

"Where were we?"

"We were at the part where I dedicate a song to you." I said pressing the play button.

🎵You and I, we've been at it so long
I still got the strongest fire
You and I, we still know how to talk
Know how to walk that wire

Sometimes I feel like The world is against me
The sound of your voice, baby
That's what saves me
When we're together I feel so invincible

Cause it's us against the world
You and me against them all
If you listen to these words
Know that we are standing tall

I don't ever see the day that
I won't catch you when you fall
Cause it's us against the world tonight🎵

"Always remember it Lexi, it's always me and you against the world."

"Always." I said, my heart fluttering.

CJ chose this exact moment as the time for his head to roll down on my shoulder, drool dribbling down his chin. Ew. I took Jaycee's tissue and cleaned him up like the baby he is. Then turned around, too ecstatic to sleep.

An hour of being off the proper road, we finally reached the beautiful safe house they told us about. It was in the middle of frickin nowhere, sure, but it was so majestic. As if someone just decided to build a house in the middle of the woods because humans weren't really worth the while. I mean who can blame them? Sometimes I get the same feeling, especially when I wonder how on earth Brad frickin Jacobs and Grant Gustin are even from the same species. To be honest I'll probably build a house in the middle of nowhere too.

Everyone was already awake because the road was so rocky it could've awoken a hibernating bear. We got down, the boys started to unload our luggage and the police officers inspecting the place before we entered.

Everyone was busy with something so I just stood there, admiring the beauty of the house when I felt someone coming towards me. I looked around to see Sebastian making his way towards me.

"Hey there." He says, his smile almost as breathtaking as his brother's.

"Hey."

"So you're the famous Alexis."

"Uh, I guess so." I said, scratching my arm.

"Jaycee never stops talking about you. Don't tell him I said this, but he's been talking about you nonstop for the past three years. Literally."

My eyes widened at the sudden burst of information I got.

"Just let me tell you something Lexi -if you don't mind me calling you that- Jaycee has never liked anyone the way he liked you, so please go easy on my brother would you?"

"I will. And sure you can call me that." I said, smiling at the nice guy standing in front of me.

"Thanks! And by the way, you can consider me as your older brother. If you ever need anything, you can always come to me." He said, extending his hand for me to shake.

"Thanks a lot! I most definitely will!" I replied, shaking his hand in return.

Then we stood there in an awkward silence.

Before I even have time to react to the awkwardness , Jaycee came along to save the day. Sort of.

"Please don't bore the girl to death with stories of how you were the first of your academy class"

"Of course. Because that's exactly what we've been talking about." He laughs, sarcasm dripping with every word.

After about two hours of tidying our luggage and choosing sleeping headquarters, we were downstairs in the living area talking about God knows what.

So overall, there are 8 rooms in that house; 5 upstairs and 3 downstairs. After a lot of screaming and a lot of arguing, we agreed that Sabrina, Brenda, and I would each have our separate rooms. All the boys would be sharingr one room, which is huge as heck and has about 4 bunks. Officer Royce would have a room on our floor, while the other 2 officers each had one downstairs.

When all the arrangements were done, we ate some microwave pizza for dinner, played a lot of games, sang some karaoke, then decided to call it a night.

After going upstairs and emptying my suitcases, I stopped to take in the beauty of this room. Like all other rooms in this house, it overlooked the forest and a river stream. It had medium built windows, a small bookshelf, a big, queen-sized bed, and a dressing table. All of our rooms had door within them leading to the other rooms. So my room was connected to the boys' room from one side and Brenda's from the other; which is pretty neat if you ask me.

After taking a shower an brushing my teeth, I climbed to bed, ready to sleep. I must've taken at least 3 hours to shower because when I came out everyone was asleep and it was about 2 am.

I took my phone to check for messages and I found only one; sent 2 hours ago.

From: Jay(cee me rolling)
Good night beautiful. I love you❤️

To: Jay(cee me rolling)
Good night Jay Jay. Sweet dreams💗💖💝

As I pressed the send button, I heard his phone chime; stating that he received my message.

I closed the light and prepared to go to sleep, but something happened that jolted me up.

I heard footsteps.

Coming from above.

No one even came close to the attic.

My heart almost stopped beating and I couldn't breathe anymore.

The footsteps kept going back and forth as if contemplating what to do. Then it walked above me and towards the boys' room.

I sent a message to Sebastian.

To: Sebastian Royce⚜️
HEY!! Do you hear those footsteps upstairs?!!

Just as I pressed send, my phone chimed; sayinf message sent.

As soon as that voice sounded, the footsteps stopped.

They started making their way towards me.

They stopped. Right. Above. Me.

INTRODUCING:
Sebastian Marcus Royce

AN: Sooooo what'd you guys think of this chapter??

What are your thoughts on Jaycee's song?!?

What are your thoughts on Alexis's song??

What do you make of Sebastian??

I broke the 30 views for next chapter rule but NEVER AGAIN :)

30 views for chapter 24 to be put up.

Don't forget. Read. Vote. Comment.

Til next time!!!

#FrenchFriesAndPopsicleSkies

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 3.7K 61
[The Wattys 2021 Shortlisted Finalist] One case, two detectives, three friends, and a thousand emotions. Sometimes nothing is a coincidence, but th...
11.8K 910 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
14K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
15.3K 2.3K 48
❝ I love to hate you; because if I don't, then I will hate to love you. ❞ (PLEASE note that this was my first work and is unedited. I've greatly matu...