Out of the Darkness

By tufano79

Edward Cullen is a fallen angel, living among humans. He's dark, snarky, tattooed and a total badass. However... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter 13
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-Three

614 33 3
By tufano79

Disclaimer: None of this is mine, nor will it ever be (sigh). I like to play with the characters that Stephenie Meyers created and make them do pervy things or become angels with a bad attitude.

I'm going to switch to Bella. Find out what's going on in the underworld. It's not quite hell, but it's pretty terrible. I'm saying this now, there will be some disturbing things that will fuck with Bella's mind. Riley/Lucifer is going to really try to break her, mentally. Will she break or will she stay strong?

Chapter Thirty-Three

BPOV

Curled up on the ground, I focused on what I could. I remembered Edward whispered words of love. I smiled at Alice's need to shop. I warmed at Esme's motherly affection. I prayed that I'd get to see my father again. I hoped that I could tell Carlisle that I forgave him. I wished that I could see Alice and Jasper reunite.

Not Jasper, Colton.

The electric bars of my cage dissipated and I was dragged out by two female minions. One was Rosalie. Her eyes were completely black and her once beautiful face was turned into a nasty snarl. The other woman I didn't recognize, but she was about my age and just as angry as Rosalie. They pulled me to a raised rock altar. I trembled and feared for what was going to happen.

"You deserve this," Rosalie sneered, pushing me onto the altar and my legs and arms were bound with the same electric, static binding as the entrance to my cage. It hurt, burning my skin. "Just give in, Bella and we can avoid this."

"Never," I spat and the electricity jolted, making me cry out.

"Leave us," Riley said, but his voice was deeper and accented, similarly to Edward and Alice's accent. Rosalie and the other woman left and my ex-boyfriend walked over to me. He was bigger and his eyes were empty, completely black. He rolled his shoulders and membranous wings stretched. "The human inside is making his desires known. He wants to fuck every hole until you bleed."

"He's already done that," I said.

"He has and he's perversely excited by it," Riley smirked. "I never understood the need of physical pleasure, but perhaps when you have given into the darkness, we can explore that."

"Fuck you," I snarled.

"Now, Isabella, that isn't very nice," he chuckled, his wings fluttering. "I want to make you see all you could do if you allowed me to convert you to darkness. The pain you feel from your wasted human life? Gone. You'd be richer than anyone could ever dream. Beautiful. Desired." He pressed his hand to my forehead, filling my mind with a fantasy.

I closed my eyes, ignoring the pictures he forced into my head. I focused on Edward. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Riley barked in pain, glaring at me. His hand was white and he held it gingerly. With his other hand, he backhanded me. "You'll pay for that." With a wave of his hand, the bindings around my feet and hands tightened, making me whimper. "The pain will stop when you give into me, Isabella."

"Never," I cried.

He grunted and left me on the rock altar, the bindings burning my skin and making me sick. I focused my thoughts on Edward and my family. I knew I could survive this. I'd survived twelve years of hell in foster care and afterward. This was easy. Do not give in to the darkness.

I have too much to live for.

I want to be by Edward's side forever.

I want to tell him that I love him.

I don't know how long I was on that altar, but Rosalie came back, releasing me. She threw me into the cage. I felt my leg snap and I whimpered. "Oh, did I hurt you? Are you going to have me arrested? Or steal all my money? Bitch, because of you, I lost my shop!"

"You lost your shop on your own, Rosalie," I snapped. She growled, raising her hand and making the bars vibrate, which caused the agony to radiate all through my body. I kept my face impassive though I felt like I was being burned alive. I rolled onto my side, trying to ignore the pain, the scalding feeling all over my skin.

Time held no importance while I was in that disgusting place. I was either in the cage or bound to the rock altar where Riley tried to force me to see things I didn't want to see. I was exhausted, sore, and hungry. I hadn't eaten since lunch at school. But, my mantra was that I loved Edward and that I wasn't giving up. I couldn't.

I have too much to live for.

Edward ... I love you. I'm not giving up. I love you. I love you.

Emmett came to get me the next time I was to spend time on the rock altar. His eyes were blue. "I warned them, Bella. I told them." He picked me up, gently and held me close. "You need to hold out for another day."

"I'm so tired, Emmett," I whispered.

"I know. I know, Bella," he said. Growling, his eyes blackened and he put me onto the rock altar. The bindings were attached to my arms, legs and now slithered across my midsection. Another tendril of energy slapped across my forehead, too. I screamed. Emmett looked down, his eyes so unbelievably sad. "I want to take you out of here, Bella. I do."

"Then, do it!" I screamed. The pain was brutal. I felt like my head was going to explode. But, Emmett's eyes blackened and he disappeared. Riley came in, his face pinched and angry. He didn't even start his torture with our usual banter. He placed his hand on my head, forcing the thoughts into my mind, but they were darker, scarier and brutal. He showed me pictures of fallen angels, wings torn from their bodies and their insides falling from gaping wounds in their torsos. With a grunt, Riley showed me Edward.

His green eyes were dull, fading to be completely white. His face was a mask of terror and there were huge wounds at his back, showing where his wings once were. What was disgusting was that he was pinned upright with a spike and an arrow shot through his heart. He was gone. Dead.

"That's your future, Isabella. Your precious Edward and your family decimated," Riley growled. "Give in, Isabella. Let the darkness take over. Your Edward will live, as will everyone who will perish in that battle."

The electricity around my head tightened and I screamed out, tears falling down my cheeks. I feared that I was giving over, but the pain increased. I arched off the altar, but was tethered to it by the binding across my stomach. "NOOOOOO!"

"COME TO ME, ISABELLA," Riley screamed, his hands almost crushing my head.

I shook my head and my howl was otherworldly. His hands fell from me and I felt my head throb. I looked over, seeing Riley on his ass, glaring at me. He made a move to get to me, but he was shoved away and as I drifted, I heard Emmett's voice saying that he was never going to give in and that neither was I.

xx OOTD xx

When I woke up, I was in my cage. I rolled over and I saw Emmett. Or rather, Emmett's body. He was staring sightlessly at me, his head snapped almost clear off his body. "Emmett," I sobbed. "I'm so sorry."

"I never should have trusted him," Riley said, crouching in front of my cage. "Well, it doesn't matter now. Times up, Isabella. You have a choice. Either you come with me willingly or that future I showed you comes to fruition."

"I'm never ... I will never go with you," I sneered, sitting up and trying to hide how much I was in pain. "We're stronger than you. Evil will never win. Darkness will never reign."

"Oh, Isabella, you're so naïve. Happy endings very rarely happen." He lowered the cage bars and grabbed me. He inhaled my hair and his hands groped me. I wriggled, disgusted, but my broken leg made it hard to maneuver. He snarled, narrowing his empty black eyes at me and the darkness of the cave we'd been in dissipated, revealing an overcast meadow. The same meadow I'd seen in my vision that Riley forced into my head.

I looked around, seeing roughly fifty of Riley's evil minions. They all had black crossbows, armed with arrows that would be lethal to the angels. Strapped to their hips were nasty looking sickles and blades that would be used to remove wings. Across the meadow, there was a blinding light. My eyes strained as I looked at the approaching legion of angels. Landing in front of them, a beautiful man stood tall, wearing shiny armor and an angry scowl. "Give it up, Lucifer. You're not going to win today."

"She's given up, Gabriel," Riley laughed. "Isabella has converted."

"Bullshit," came the most beautiful voice. Edward walked forward, dressed in similar armor. "The world would be cloaked in darkness if she succumbed. Her heart is still good."

"Ahhhh, the mate," Riley sang. "I hope you know that I had her."

"No, you didn't," Edward said, pulling out a flaming broad sword. He blinked to me. His voice was a quiet whisper in my head, proving to me that Riley had somehow damaged me. Emmett told me, Bella. I love you so much. I'm never going to let you go. He moved the sword, pointing directly to Riley. "This ends today."

Riley barked out an order and he made a crossbow materialize in his hand. He shot off arrow after arrow as both sides began their fight. He pushed me down, aiming at Edward, but his aim was wide and missed him. Edward spread his wings, shooting off like a rocket and landing harshly behind Riley. He held his sword in his hands. "This ends today, fucker."

"So valiant, fighting over a whore," Riley sneered, his own weapon changing to a black, evil and scary looking sword-like thing. It was hooked like a sickle, but shimmering with that same energy that had encased my cage and those bindings. I could feel the scalding sensation on my skin and I sobbed. Riley shot an energy ball at me and I fell back. With an angry snarl, their weapons clashed. It was a flurry of parries, lunges and twisting bodies. Edward's wings were tucked into his body, making him appear human, but his movements were ethereal. I saw the beauty in his movements and the power behind his attacks. "I was the one who ruined her," Riley laughed. "I fucked her so hard that she lost her ability to have children. Why? Because that bitch wasn't going to give it to me."

"Then, I hope you like me shoving my sword up your ass," Edward hissed, dancing and trying to impale Riley. "Obviously the word 'no' has little meaning for you, so you won't mind if I take some liberties."

Riley yelled and lunged, but was blocked by Edward's sword. They danced and fought for a long time, never tiring, never slowing. Twilight had begun to fall on the meadow, making it hard to see. I was in pain, my head pounding and my leg numb. In the shadows, I saw someone approach us. Edward was fighting near me, blocking me from Riley's parries. I noticed Rosalie, her hands holding a crossbow, aiming right at Edward's heart. I pushed myself up and hobbled, stopping in front of him. "NO!" I screamed as the arrow shot off. A searing pain went through my chest and I fell back against Edward. He gasped, catching me and cradling me as I fell. I heard a roar and a blaze of fire. Riley's head landed near my hand, his eyes now back to the muddy brown they were when he was human.

"Bella, no, Bella," Edward sobbed as he held me. He went to remove the arrow that was in my chest.

"Don't touch it," said Carlisle as he knelt next to me. "It'll kill you."

"Like it's killing her? Carlisle, it went through her left ventricle," Edward sobbed, clutching me to his body.

The man who stood at the head of the legion, crouched on the other side. "Her sacrifice will be noted," he said, his voice deep and resonant.

"Sacrifice?" Edward growled. "She saved me, Gabriel. She should not be a sacrifice!"

"Edward," I whispered, weakly reaching for him.

"My love, I'm here," he said, caressing my cheeks. "I love you. Don't leave me."

"I love you ..." I breathed, inhaling deeply and my eyes fluttering shut, darkness surrounding me completely.

And then ...

Nothing ...

A/N: Don't hate me! Don't hate me! Stay with me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 859 36
In a world where magic has ceased to exist for hundreds of years, a sole male possesses an unknown power. It slumbers deep within him, churning and p...
99.2K 3.4K 109
Meet Angel Cullen and her story of life as a half vampire, half human. Her biological parents abuse her to the brink of death and she is rescued by C...
67.4K 1.9K 19
Violet Grace has loved and lost. Her gift.... She considers a curse, She didn't know how to use it... But she does now. The question is, Will she use...
131K 3.8K 27
Bella dies when the Cullens are out hunting. But she has a chance to go back to earth. She has a month to complete her task while three things are ch...