The Alpha's Huntress | ✔️

Por Ina_Seele

**Its here! ** "I know you're incapable of love," Dimitri laughed darkly. "But you're my Luna, my half, my l... Más

Prologue
♚Duo- Ablātum♚
☾Trēs- Caedō☽
♝Quattuor- Consūmō♝
✯Quīnque- Sternere✯
☬ Sex- Sublātum ☬
❦Septem- Ērogātum❦
☥Octō- Lēthum☥
❢Nove- Rinacimiento❢
✙Dieci- Reincarnato✙
~Undici- Le esattezza I~
Dodici- La Esattezza II
Tredici- Nascere
⚘Quattordici- Sopravvivenza⚘
Quinci- Accettazione
Sedici- Rosso
Diciassette- Pasta
Diciotto- Remissionem
Diciannove- Patria
Veinte- Ibrido
Twenty one- The New Life
Twenty two- Rogues
Twenty Three- The missing
Twenty Four- Change me
Twenty Five- "Home"
Twenty Six- Back to Without
Twenty Seven- Italian
Twenty Eight- An act
Twenty Nine- The ritual
Thirty- Ignore
Thirty One- Way to find out
Thriry Two- Do not
Thirty Three- The battle between lunas and alphas
Thirty Four- My baby
Thirty Five- They're jealous
Thrity Six- The streets
Thirty Seven- Does it Matter?
Thirty Eight- Picking fights
Thirty Nine- Solving fights
Forty- Against the Crown
Forty One- Now witches too
Forty Two- Glass
Forty Three- Sphinx's Birth
The End

♛Ūnus- Absūmō♛

7.3K 117 50
Por Ina_Seele

The Alpha's Huntress 2014 ©
Ūnus- Absūmō

Long update to last the week lol

I tightened my hand around the blade's handle, and in my other hand my gun, slowly creaking into the dark motel called Vite. I closed the gates by leaning my back against the double doors, the little light coming from the streams of moonlight from a wide set of windows. My over-the-knee high heel boots clacked against the wooden floor, announcing my entrance to the beasts hidden in the dark.

Some didn't had time to shift, some did. Upon seeing their furs and bones crack until they became beasts, I cringed, for I could never get used to the disgust I had for them. They were humans, with a beast inside, that lived like a plague in hiding, a plague that grew, and had a secret life, and killed.

I turned in the directions I shot the bullets, my arm stretched out and pulling the trigger, shooting right between their eyes, or twice in the throat. With disgust and anger, I watched the dead shift back to their naked human form. Some lived longer to consume their mate's life with their own before I got to kill their mate too.

I chuckled. Raising my gun over my head I pulled the trigger, satisfied with the whimper that howled into the air, and the wolf that shifted into a man once he was dead.

A brunette wolf sped up by my side, scratching my leg and ripping my gear. "You have no idea how expensive this is," I hissed, ducking and and sinking my blade into it's skull. "I'll send the bill to your pack," I added. These gears are expensive as hell. I twisted the blade around her brain, stabbing her multiple times, easing the anger that was about to eat me alive. Everything is her fault, her kind's fault, their fault- I pulled the dagger back, blood dripping all over me and my blade.

I killed the remaining fifteen wolves. They were stupid. These animals were dumb, I'll give them the pride of dying in bravery, but they should've ran when they heard me step inside. Now whatever the New York Pack had to talk about, there was no pack to begin with. Instead they stayed, tried to fight me (looks like they never learn), no matter where they go, what they do, how much they train- they could never run away from me. They hunted me down once, it's time for me to hunt them back.

I cleaned my bloody blade on my sleeve, then proceeded to pile up all the bodies. That took me more hours than actually killing them. It's always the fun part that lasts less than the cleanup. Once the New York Pack was piled up into dead bodies, I took my lighter and set them on fire. I heard, like every time, a legitimate roar from the flames.

I tried to feel remorse, ya' know? Once upon a time I knew nothing about these beasts and the next, my world revolves around them. How can something so "magical" create so much pain? I felt pure satisfaction as I set them all on fire. Now the few packs left can feel the pain they've caused me, when all their allies are dead and gone. When their family is dead and gone.

I looked down at my watch. I've got go. I took a deep breath and shook off the adrenaline, then got on my way home. I usually walk, just to think, listen to the night, reflect on my life, because I don't have much time for peace and quiet.

Being famous and taking part in the wolf world is nothing to be proud of. You could either be praised or wanted dead. There's no in between. Usually the only one who got the luxury to be praised are the Alpha King and Luna Queen, Alphas and Lunas, Betas and Female Betas. Me? I laughed, perhaps Lucifer knows why my head isn't rolling yet. I'm probably the most dead-wanted creature on Earth, and I'm mighty fine with that. Lots of things have come my way since I was young, so there's not much now that can scare me. And I have got the time to realize that if I die, I'll go to hell, and I'll be Satan's right hand. I deserve to be burnt, I deserve anything I get.

I tighten my jacket around me as I walked down the streets of Manhattan, New York. I shivered; the night was especially cold, and the howls did nothing to make it warmer. Their painful howls was something even the humans were growing used to, as I became a werewolf huntress. To me their mourning howls was music to my ears. Humans, all the underworld, can hear their pain, and in full moon, you can hear their wails and screeches- melody to my ears.

I stopped in front of my home. To normal mortals, this was an old library, rusty and mostly empty now. To me, it was the Lycan Hunter Condominium. This place was the safest place for a person like me to stop by and rest.

The Condominium is a living hell for the undead and the lycanthrope. Every inch and every corner is sprayed with Verbena and Aconitum, which also go by the name of vervain and wolfsbane. Its the plant poison for vampires and werewolves, which have adopted different names along the years, but hasn't changed in the power to bring a supernatural to their knees. That's beside the guards that look after the Condominium, regardless of the hunters training around the perimeter. We are hated by every magical folk out there so we don't get the luxury to sleep, or close our eyes in a peaceful sleep. We really don't have any peace at all, since a very long time, since I came along.

The inside looks pretty much like your normal gothic place. Chandeliers of candles light up the place since we don't get to use much electronics. Leather furniture here and there, but nothing luxurious in the public rooms. We travel far too much to get a conformity we don't need.

I made a left turn and ran upstairs, going three floors upwards, being careful not to trip in this dark light. I was agile and flexible, but I was human. And I liked to be human, it gave me a sense of pride and achievement to do the things I do. I'm very much disadvantaged from wolves and stuff, so I take pride in kicking their ass.

I walked into the office and instantly smiled, home sweet home. I sat on the couch and waited for my mentor to appear, whatever he was doing at this time. He never tells me, and I never ask, we are all pretty much to ourselves.

The office was big and oval-shaped, with a dark brown floor and hard brown wood placed in stacks on the walls. The room had two parallel walls as book shelves, full of old dusty books. It also had a piano and a bunch of paintings of ancestry. The fourth wall held information about the hunters all around the world; I took my file and burnt it, though. They haven't noticed, and won't be bothered to ask for it either, not if they fear for their fingers. Anyways, there's also a chimney next to the piano, which always lighten up the dark room.

"Catarina?" My mentor called.

Carlisle has been my mentor since I entered the place, which was at the age of 13. He has messy black hair and blue eyes, with sharp facial features. He's 5'9 or 5'8, somewhere around there. He's a handsome man and quite young, but it seems that in this palace beauty is a discount from your happiness. The less you need beauty, the less you want it, the more you have it. He's the only person that isn't afraid of me and doesn't mind pissing me off. But he holds too much respect and distance between us, not knowing how much I value him, though I never say so out loud.

"We've been worried, it's late," he said, sitting in front of me.

"Oh just, maintaining myself busy and productive," I shrugged while smirking.

"How many?" He asked in a monotone, looking at the blood in my hands. This blood, this blood I didn't want to wash off, I wanted to bathe in it. Yes, that's how cynical I am.

"Twenty five," I said, cold.

He nodded. We are all Lycan Hunters. But I am the black sheep, the worst and cruelest of all. We do this to keep the beasts under control or away, to maintain a "balance" and make sure the wolves don't get too much power. But I do it for revenge and entertainment. I am not supposed to do it for such reasons, but, then again, no one would question me.

"Catarina, your birthday will be soon," Carlisle changes the topic. "Do you want anything special, my dear?" He's cold with me, an I'm cold with him too, detachment is a way of life for us, but I know he cares for me, and so do I for him.

"No, Carl," I said. "I don't want anything special."

"Sure, dear," he nodded. He knew though, it was just seconds before I came up with something, so he stood there, looking down at his clean hands and my bloody ones.

"Actually, I want a new dagger."

He laughed, "what are you missing?" Of course I wanted one, he knew me well enough to know that a dagger would be a perfect gift for me.

Okay so I have a collection. A collection of Daggers. Daggers with a black titanium handle and a special blade. Blades that vary: gold, silver, sapphire, ruby, steel, iron, hematite, you mention it and I probably have it. "Diamond." I've been missing the most scarce of them all. The strongest and most beautiful of all.

"Expensive but for my best creation, sure."

This time, I smiled in return, a cynical, monstrous smile, "I am the best creation," I said in agreement, leaning back and watching the fire from the chimney.

♛ ♛ ♛

I gasped, sprinting into an awake state of mind. I felt my fingers prickle around my throat, sweat dripping down my forehead. My lips quivered and my cheeks were wet, wet with tears I shed at night.

It wasn't a nightmare, it was the same old memories, flooding into my mind, haunting me in my sleep. They'll never leave me alone. Ever heard about your own demons? Well my demons aren't part of me, they're individual monsters that choke me in my sleep, and put memories of death and blood in my head. This particular memory, was back when I was thirteen, and I witnessed cruelty and death for the first time. I take a deep breath, I still feel like I'm choking.

I turn my head- 5 am. I always wake up around this time, around this time I'm always killed in my nightmares.

My room was worse than the weaponry. My walls were burgundy red, with a dark brown shade in them. The floor was dark brown ceramic (it's easier to clean blood off ceramic). There was a cabinet from ground to roof, wide open with ammunition and all kinds of guns you can name. There was another cabinet with my dearest collection of daggers, my partners in crime, the only valuable thing I've collected throughout the years. There was another cabinet with whips, swords, spears, staffs, bōs, swallows, axes, and more. There was another cabinet across the room with my fighting gear, the most flexible and unbreakable leather out there, smuggled for us. I had little clothes to wear for formalities, but I had a lot of jeans and T-shirts and jackets and booties.

I stood up, did my morning necessities, dressed up in gray leggings-

Before the door was opened I picked up a gun from my nightstand and pointed it at the intruder who stepped into my room unadvised. I almost cried in happiness when I saw him, he was one of the few people- actually, the only person who's ever genuinely smiled at me.

"Nice breasts," he said, as soon as he saw me.

I laughed in joy, and then teared up, "damnit Michael," I huffed, "I swore you were dead." I place the gun back on my nightstand and hop on him to give him a hug. My only friend there is, the only one.

"And nice butt," he also added, smacking my butt playfully.

"Mike we are best friends, and you already know I don't f*ck my friends," I reminded him with a smirk, hopping off him. I said "friends" when in reality I just meant anyone that knew what I do for a living and for fun.

"Why can't we stop being friends for a day?" He asked, pleading, begging.

I sighed. "Mike I'll stop being your friend forever," I said in a monotone.

"Fine," he threw his hands up in submission, "but I don't know why you have that rule. No sex with your friends but surely with any other human."

Sure, there's one main reason. I don't want to make my friends get too romantically attached to me. I'm good and passionate doing it, but cold and careless after it. I'm doing this for them, not me. I'm not forcefully denying myself attachment, I'm just wired that way, wired to not give a f*ck.

"I missed you, Catarina," he said sitting in my bed.

I got a t-shirt and slipped it on. Then I sat next to him and worriedly stared at him. "What happened? Why were you absent for a week?"

"Well I was caught up in a vampire Clan and was almost executed before I began shooting and slowed them down enough to run away. I had to stick to the human crowd all the way from the Bronx."

I've always liked short explanations. Not the, 'how did you got the gun?' And all those questions. I am a woman of short words and I want short words back too. I might end up sleeping by the time he's done, and that's rude. Words aren't my best skill, I'm bad at communicating how I feel, what I think, talking would just make a fool of myself.

"I missed you, Mike."

"I'm dead serious when I say you have nice breasts," he said.

I stare blankly at him. Men.

"Come on let's have breakfast," I said with a humorless chuckle.

We walked down the stairs to find my best-est friend.

Camilla was the worst woman I've ever encountered and I have to live under same roof with her. I'm not killing her just because Carl is also her mentor and I'll hurt his feelings. But if I could, I'd use my ruby dagger to push it through her empty skull.

"Hey b*tch," she greeted eating her Cheerios.

"Hey prostitute!" I said with a cheerful tone. I'm not kidding, she is a prostitute. No hard feelings to the women who have to work that way, but all hard feelings for Camilla. "Tell me, did you catch anything last night? Disease or otherwise?"

She kept her mouth shut.

I walked over to the counter and made my fruit salad while I paid no mind to my surroundings.

"Catarina, Camilla," Victor called. I kept my eyes on the prize, this case my food. Victor is also a hunter, but he is more like the mentor's secretary or something. "A meeting, urgent in the main office," Victor said before running off.

Just the fact Victor ran, we ran too. Although I ran away with four forks pinched with melons, strawberries, and pineapples– food comes first, right? I pushed Camilla aside and ran faster than her, chewing on my strawberries. I would've laughed at myself if this didn't seem so serious.

When we stumbled inside the main office, every mentor looked right at me.

"Oh god I swear I didn't brought the FBI again!" I yelled at all of them with my hands up. "I burnt the bodies and got rid of any trace of us or them or me," I explained really quick. PS: I am recorded dead in all government papers, supposedly kidnapped then killed in the "attack" in my home when I was 13.

"Catarina!" Carl sighed in distress and walked over to me to hug me really tight.

The only thing I could think of was: awkward.

I hugged him with my elbows, my hands busy with the fruits on my fork. When he let go, he pushed me to the sofa and sat me there. The last time I was hugged was by Mike, and Mike only. But this hug felt different, this hug was of worry and concern, like he was happy to see me, and he also cared for me. I couldn't understand that much, my heart couldn't understand, and therefore I didn't know how to respond.

"We need to talk," he pointed out.

Swallowing, I answered, "I didn't notice!" I shrugged sarcastically, watching all the mentors cross their arms and stare at me accusingly.

"Catarina, The Alpha King is after you," Yang said, one of the mentors, with his long hair in a long a*s braid down to his knees. I remember being whipped by his braid- it hurt like a b*tch.

"Yeah he has been after me since I was fifteen," I said. "I'm twenty three and he hasn't even gotten close enough to watch me in action. Always late, always busy, always not noticing, never caring." Yeah, their Alpha King is a biatch.

The five mentors looked at me with worry and concern.

"He has made a new ally to kidnap you," Lee, one of the mentors said. Like Yang, he's Asian, unlike Yang, he's got no hair. "And execute you."

"Well I'm getting annoyed," I said chewing my last strawberry. "What's the f*cking big deal?!" I shouted. "I already know everyone wants me dead!" I roared standing up and slamming my hands on the desk. "The Alpha King is one more of the enemies I have to deal with and it doesn't change anything that he hates me more than yesterday!"

Everyone looked at me all big-eyed. I've never yelled so loud in my life at the five mentors.

"Well the simple fact is: the vampires allied with wolves for your kidnapping; that should frighten you. And we will ban you from the Condominium if you can't control your temper," Maximum, a mentor also, said.

"BAN ME!" I screamed. "I dare you to! In fact, kill me," I whispered softly. "Let's see how much you'd last simply aiming your gun at me, Maximum. Just like everyone here, you're scared of me..."

When I whisper kindly, with venom pouring through my words, I was terrified at my own self. I could be gentle, and cold, at the same time. Or I could be cynical and psychotic.

"I'm not afraid of you, Catarina," Maximum said. "You're a reckless woman who's emotions will get you killed. The day you die, I'll make sure this place turns into New Years celebration." Funny, it is New Years Eve.

"Catarina?" Carl said softly.

My eyes snapped furiously at him but when I saw his sweetness, his worry, his caring about me in his eyes, they softened.  "I have faith in you," he whispered to me. "You'll do the right thing, for us and for yourself."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine, what's my move?" I asked, sitting back in the couch, staring at the stupid mentors. I laughed and shook my head at them, they'll always fear me, they always have, since they first watched me execute a wolf, how much I liked it, how much it relieved me, they've been scared of me.

"We can't loose such fighter like you so we've made up our minds," Lee said in a monotone. "We are letting you free to lead your crew into the death of the Alpha King."

"Fine I'll lead his death," I shrugged, boring work. I like the chase and the hunt, killing the heart of my entertainment isn't exactly how I'll like to spend my evening. "The faster we get this over with," I munched on a piece of melon, "the better."

Please vote and comment. This is a book written a year ago that's come back thanks to people who wanted it again. Thank you for the long lasting support.
~Ina (aka Luna)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

368K 16.1K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
2.5M 74.1K 50
#2 in Werewolf 12/05/18 Mated to a Beta and marked by his Alpha. A unique twist on the clichéd possessive Alpha stories. "W-what are you doing?" I s...
58.5K 1.6K 43
*Edited* I was only 13/14 when this was written so it's kinda cringey! ••••••••••••• Then it hit me, that delicious smell was coming from him. I ju...
77.3K 2.6K 13
He went from omega to Alpha just in two days His family relatives are dead because he killed them bare handed? What if you did worse... I didn't unde...