Strong, Truly Strong

By maxine247

Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him... More

Strong
Native America
Big Sister Vinland
Babies!!!! And Magic?
Mexico and Mexica
Bonding
It's my time
The Lost Colony of Roanoke
Bye bye Big Sis.........Hello Strangers
(The Sad) Life of Colonization
Very Important
A Day in the Life of Being Alone and Growing Up.....Too Fast?
New Siblings
Back to America
Jones
The 13 Colonies.......and Boston
The Declaration of Independence
The American Revolutionary War
War Aftermath and 1812
Mexican American and The Civil War
The Spanish American War, The Great Depression, And Pearl Harbor
Mama Native America
The Great Space Race and NAFTA
Let the Good Times Roll
Strong, Truly Strong
Announcement
It's Up

9/11 and the Paris Attacks

6.6K 173 276
By maxine247

Strong people

don't put others

down.....

They lift them up

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A new memory started to form.

America was in a city talking with New York and New York City. They were all heading to two tall bulidings and went inside one of them.

America froze.

Oh no.

9/11

He covered his eyes.

Other countries noticed and looked at bit confuse for awhile.

But then.

They realized.

Oh no.

"So many people died, I couldn't save them. I should have been able to save them." America sadly said.

Canada put an arm around his brother, "Al, it's not your fault. You didn't know this was coming."

"Nobody did." Maria said.

NYC and New York both wanted to show Alfred their twin towers since he never been there.

"Wow guys," He said looking around, "This is pretty cool guys." 

"Trust Al," NYC said, "We know."

NY and NYC continued to talk about the twin towers.

All of a sudden they heard screams outside before the buliding shook.

"What's happening!!?!" A woman yelled. They started smelling smoke.

People started rushing to the exits, NYC and NY fell to the ground in pain. America felt a burning pain in his shoulder and it started to bleed.

He picked up his two brothers and ran outside. Once he got out and looked at the building, his eyes widened.

A plane?

The buliding was on fire.

Maybe this was just a horrible accident.

More people started to scream and he turned just in time to see another plane collide with the 2nd building.

This wasn't an accident.

It was an attack.

The New Yorks screamed in pain, America fell to his knees. He heard his people screaming, he had to save them.

Countries were covering their eyes, some were crying. They all remembered watching the news and seeing the buildings in a pile of rubble on the ground.

But as he tried to get up, he fell back to the ground in pain, his chest started to bleed.

D.C.

Smoke started to fill the air.

"Guys," he coughed, "Put your shirts over your noses."

They nodded and did so,"Alfie what's happening?" NY asked scared before coughing up blood.

"I think we're being attacked,"

NYC was screaming and crying, he soon went limp from the amount of pain.

"Jason, wake up. Wake up please." America begged.

New York's tears started to pick up, "Alfie it- it hur-" he soon went limp too.

America was trying to stay strong, he heard more screams and got up painfully. Tears started to fall. Ambulances thankfully arrived, an EMT rushed towards them.

He picked up his brothers, "Please take them to the nearest hospital!!"

"Sir you should come with me,"

America shook his head, "Just take them," He ran back to the building and ran the stairs to the higher levels.

"Help me!!!! Please someone help me!!!" America was on the sixth floor and started to look around for the person.

He moved a table to see a very pregnant young woman cover in debris, "Please help me." she cried.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving you," He bend down and picked her up, "Put your shirt over your nose, there's a lot smoke."

She did so. 

America took off running.

"Help!!!" An elderly woman covered in debris yelled nearby. She couldn't get up and walk, America ran over and helped her up while still holding the pregnant woman. He put her arm around his shoulders and they started making their way down.

They got to the 2nd floor and some rescuers who were there rushed over and took the elderly woman while others ran up to the higher levels.     

The buliding started to shake even more.

More people including rescuers started to run out.

The pregent woman in Alfred's arms vision started fading. "I- I can't breath,"

Smoke Inhalation.

"Don't worry we're almost out."

"This building about to fall!!!" Someone yelled.

America finally ran out of the buliding, as he did.

It started to collapse.

Countries gasped.

America ran as fast as he could away from the buliding. He put the woman on the ground and started to preform CPR on her.

"Breath, please breath."  he begged.

She eventually started too.

America let out a breath of relief.

Countries did the same.

"No!!!" She suddenly cried.

"What's wrong!?!"

"My water broke!!"

America paled.

Countries' jaws dropped.

Alfred went into action, he knew how to deliver babies since he'd been to medical school many times.

"Okay, just breath." He took her hand, "Squeeze my hand when you need to." He looked around.

There were no available ambulances at all.

The woman screamed in pain.

America picked her up and started to run, "What about the ambulances?" She asked.

"None are available, I'm taking you to the hospital myself!!!" He ran as fast as he could through the streets of New York and quickly got to the nearest hospital.

America was in excruciating pain, he felt like fainting but wanted to help this woman. 

"I need a doctor!!!" he yelled.

"I'm sorry sir, none are available." A medical intern came over and said.

"This women is in labor, how about a nurse!?!"

She shook her head.

"Can you do it?"

The intern paled, "I can't," she shook her head, "I-I don't t-think-"

"I'll do it, I just need a room!!!"

The intern gave him a apologetic look, "Let me guess, none are available."

She nodded, "People are being taken to further hospitals."

America sighed, "I need a private room."

"I'll take you too the break room."

They ran down the hallway to the break room, "I need sissors, baby wipes, blankets, rags, gloves, a loitt and warm water now!!"

The intern nodded and left.

"Breath just breath," he told the woman, "What's your name?"

"Veronica Johnson," she said closing her eyes as a contraction came, "I think I feel one coming!!"

"One!?! Are you having multiplies?!"

She nodded, "Twins!!"

Countries eyes' widened.

"You delivered twins!?!?!" Prussia yelled.

He smiled, "Yep,"

The intern came back with the supplies, she helped Veronica take off her pants, and put a sheet over her legs.

America looked under the sheet, "I see a head!!!" he looked at the intern, "Hold her hand,"

America got on gloves, "Push!!!"

Veronica pushed as hard as she could before taking a breath.

"One, two, three, push!!!!!"

She pushed again.

"The head's crowning!!! I need a huge push this time!!!"

She took a deep breath and pushed again.

"One more push!!!!"

She pushed again and crying was soon heard.

"It's a boy!!!" America yelled out before cutting the cord, he wiped the baby and up him in a towel.

He gave the baby to the intern to hold before looking back under the sheet, "I see another head!!!"

"I can't do it!!" The woman cried.

America looked straight at her,"Listen to me, yes you can."

She nodded.

"Push!!!"

The intern put the baby in little hospital crib and held the Veronica's hand again.

The woman pushed again.

"The head's crowning, I need another push!!!"

She gave him a hard push.

"Stop pushing!!!"

Countries got worried.

"Why? What's wrong!?!!"

"The cord is wrapped around the neck!!" America carefully unwrapped the cord, "Push again!!"

She gave another push.

"It's a girl!!"

"Why isn't she crying!?!"

America quickly cut the cord, he started to gently push on the baby's chest, "Come on, come baby breath," he kept pushing down on her chest and tilted her head back,

The baby still wasn't breathing.

Veronica was crying. 

America kept pushing.

"Breath," China said quietly.

He kept pushing, he was in a lot of pain and wanted to faint but wanted to help this baby.

America stopped pushing.

"Why'd you stop?" The woman and intern both asked.

He started to listen closely to the baby and smiled, he let out a breath of relief, "She's breathing."

As if on cue, the baby started to cry.

Countries let out breaths of relief and started to clap for America.

Veronica fell back in relief, the intern let out a breath of relief, America cleaned the baby and put her in a towel. He gave the baby to her mother, the intern gave her the baby boy.

"Thank you so much, Your a lifesaver!!!" She cried, "You saved all our lives!!" She kissed the babies' forehead.

America just smiled, he was about to faint. He needed to find the New Yorks though.

"Sir your bleeding!! Come with me!!" The intern yelled.

He shook his head, "Don't worry about me," he looked at the Veronica, "I have to find my brothers, their here somewhere. I'll be back."

She nodded, "Wait!! What's your name?"

"Alfred," he smiled, America then started to stumble out the room.

He was in so much pain.

"Wait Alfred, your bleeding!!"

"Don't worry about me," he smiled.

America rushed to the front desk, "Excuse me, I'm looking for Kyle and Jason Jones!!!"

"They were just brought to room 156," the woman looked at him, "Sir your-"

"Bleeding, I know." he limped to the room, blood had completely stained his shirt. He got to the room and saw his brothers.

The sight made him almost cry.

He walked in the room, a doctor was there, "Sir, your,"

"Bleeding, I know."

"Please come with me,"

"These two are my brothers, I'm not leaving them." his vision was staring to fade, he sat on a chair next to NYC.

"They were just able to get a room, their both in comas."

The pain was becoming to much for Alfred, he tried to stay up but he was tired.

"Sir? Sir, are you alright?"

America went limp and fell out the chair.

The memory changed.

America woke up on a bed, his phone was ringing, he picked it up.

Maria.

"Mar,"

Maria sounded like she was crying on the other end, "Alfie where are you!?! The states been trying to reach you but they couldn't!! Penelope has a burn on her shoulder, D.C. fainted, D, Mattie and I are at George Washington hospital with the rest of the states, territories, and cities. They said you went to New York with Jason and Kyle!!! Oh my God!! Are you okay!?! I'm so sorry this happened!! Oh my God!! What about Kyle and Jason, are they okay!?!"

America heard someone trying to calm Maria down.

"Al?" Canada's voice came through the phon.

"Mattie!!"

"Thank goodness, where are you?"

He told him the hospital name.

"Okay, Maria about to have a panic attack if she doesn't see you soon. The three of us are coming up there along with some states and cites, South America's on their way. How the New Yorks?"

America looked around, thankfully the doctor had put them all in the same room, he chocked back a sob, "Their in comas Mattie. We were in the first building."

He heard Maria and some of his siblings screaming bloody murder.

"Are we on speaker?"

"Yep."

"Mar, he's okay." He heard Diego try to comfort their baby sister.

"No!!! I want to see him now!!" She sobbed.

The N.A. Sibling were extremely close. But they all had one person that they would always pair up with. If Canada and America were having some kind little war for fun or even from when they were younger, Maria would always pair up with Alfred and Diego with Canada. But there were times the older twins would pair up against the younger ones.

So this is why Maria was freaking the heck out.

"Mattie can I talk to Mar?"

"Alfie!!" She sobbed.

"Hey Maria, I'm alright."

"You were in one of the buildings!!! Oh My God!! What if you died!!?!" From what Alfred was hearing, Maria was barely breathing since she was crying so hard.

"Mar, baby sis, I' ma need you to calm down and breath, for me okay? I'm okay, Kyle and Jason are in comas but we're okay."

"O-ok," she was still sobbing.

"Mexica, take a deep breath and let it out."

She was doing so and calming down.

"Mattie and D are going to bring you up here okay? You'll see me in a few hours, kay?"

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too baby sis."

"Hermano, you okay?" Diego's voice came over the phone.

"Hey D, everything still hurts but I'm okay." he started to think, "Are we still on speaker, I don't want Mar hearing that."

"Don't worry, it's just you and me. She's not that close to me right now, she calmed down but she's still silently crying. I was getting pretty scared that she was gonna faint. If you hadn't calmed her down, I'm pretty sure she would have."

America felt heartbroken at the thought of Maria crying. He talked to Diego for a little longer before taking to some of the states. They had told them that they would be coming up soon.

When America hung up, he put his head in his hands and started to cry.

Cry for his brothers, for his people, cry that he couldn't save them.

America was crying right now, he was trying to wipe his tears away.

The memory changed.

The rest of North America and some of their younger siblings all ran in the room.

Maria ran straight to Alfred and hugged him.

He rubbed her back, "Shh. I'm okay Mar."

"No your not!! Your chest is covered in blood!!"

The states and cities in the room hugged their brother before walking to New York and NYC.

Georgia started to cry.

"GG," America motioned for her to come. She did and Alfred started to comfort Maria and her.

His phone started to ring, he picked it up.

England.

"Iggy?"

"Alfred thank goodness, are you okay!?! France and I said what happened on the news. We're coming over!! I'm so sorry this happened, their calling this a terrorist attack."

"I'm okay Iggy, I'm in the hospital right now."

He thought he heard England crying, "We'll be over there soon poppet."

"Mon fils are you okay?!" France's voice came over the phone.

He wanted to say 'I'm not your son' but now was not the time, "Yeah France, I'm okay but everything still hurts. We'll be there soon."

More nations called America and expressed their condolences for the attack.

America put his head in his hands and started to cry in front of his siblings.

Canada hugged his brother as tears formed in his own eyes. Everyone was crying.

"I couldn't save them Mattie, so many people died."

"You didn't know this was gonna happen Al, nobody did."

It got quiet.

Veronica.

He had to see how she was doing, he got up, and started to limp to the door.

"Alfie what are you doing?" Seattle asked, "You need to stay in bed."

"I need to go check on somebody."

"Well, I'm coming with you." Diego said getting a wheelchair, "And your going to sit in this and tell me where you wanna go."

"D-"

"Sit!!" 

America sighed, him and his family could be really intimidating when they got protective or worried for each other. He sat down in the wheelchair and told Diego where to go. Maria and Canada decided to follow.

They walked into the break room and saw Veronica holding her sleeping twins, the intern was still there. She looked up and smiled at him, "Alfred."

He smiled at her, "Veronica, these three are my brothers and sister, Matthew, Diego, and Maria."

"Your brother is quite the hero,"

"Uhh- I don't know about that."

"It's true." she told them about how he saved her from the building and delivered the twins.

They all looked in him with just 'wow' expressions. Canada patted him on the shoulder.

"What are their names?" Maria asked.

"I wanted to name them after our savior," she smiled, they all looked shocked, not as shocked as America, "Their names are Alfred and Alfreda."

Countries awed.

"Oh my go-" America was to shocked to finish the sentence.

"Can I take a picture with you so when they get older, they'll know who save us?"

"Umm sure."

Veronica took out her phone, America rolled over to her, the intern took the phone, and took the picture.

"Would you like to hold them?"

America nodded and carefully took the twins, he smiled at them, the intern snapped another picture.

"If you had been probably 2 minutes later, we would be..." Veronica's voice drifted off.

"Hey," Alfred started, "Don't think like that. I wasn't two minutes later, and we're all okay."

She smiled a him and nodded.

"Is there someone we can call for you?"

She sighed and shook her head, "My parents and siblings hate me, my boyfriend left me, the rest of my family who don't hate me and actually care about me live all the way in California, it's just me, and now me and the twins."

They all looked at her sadly, she explained that she had a boyfriend of 3 years, they started dating when she was 19 but her family never approved of him, they all stopped talking to her. Everything was alright in her relationship, she got pregnant and was excited about it. But when she told her boyfriend, he got up, packed his stuff, and left her.

She had gotten a job at the World Trade Center to pay for her small apartment she had to get after losing the house her and her ex had while they were dating. She had soon gone into depression but pulled herself out, she wanted to give her children the best life she could.

Veronica started to cry.

They all felt bad for her. 

Countries all had a lot of money which is why they all had huge houses. America reached in his wallet and pulled out some hundreds and fifties, he gave them to Veronica. She looked at him in shock.

"This is enough for a house in California. I have some friends who can come over to your house and pack up your things and fly them to Cali, I can also put you and the twins on a private jet to there too."

"I- I can't, you don't have to do this."

"I know I don't have too, I want to."    

England smiled at his son and ruffled his hair.

Canada and the Mexicos took out some cash too and gave it to Veronica, "It's not U.S. currency," Canada started, "But you can have it exchanged at the bank."

Now she was crying tears of joy, "Thank you!! Thank you all!!"

America pulled out his phone and started to talk to someone, "I can have you moved out by next week."

She hugged him, "Thank you!!!"

America just smiled and nodded.

The memory changed.

Kyle and Jason had woken up, when they did, they and Alfred cried together. Louisiana called and told Alfred that D.C. was up.

They all started to walk out the hospital (Alfred had crutches), the smoke that was in the air had gone. People were crying and comforting each other.

As they were walking out, they saw Veronica walking out too with the twins and waved to her, she came over and slightly hugged North America, it was hard since the twins were in her arms.

"Thank you all so much, I don't know how to ever repay you." 

"You don't have too." America said.

Veronica gave him one last smile before walking to the car that Alfred had call to take her back to her apartment.

She smiled and waved at them from the window as the car took off. As America watched the car drive off, he realized something.

He had just helped a random stranger and delivered her babies.

As he looked around he saw people comforting each other and helping others.

Bush was coming up to New York to give a speech.

And America was going to give one of his own.

The memory changed.

Bush and America stood in front of the fallen towers. Bush had just given a speech, people had clapped, but they still seemed very depressed. Countries of the world and their leaders who had come to pay visits were also there.

America looked at Bush who was looking down, the atmosphere was very depressing, he looked at him people and looked at the American flag that firefighters had put on the rubble of one of the towers.

America walked with his crutches onto the rubble and stood next to the flag, "What happened here today was horrible, devastating, terrible, tragic, and so many other things," People looked up at him, "Our great nation will never forget this day ever, we will never forget the innocent people who died here today, we will never forget the rescuers who lost their living trying to save others. We will never ever forget." He took a deep breath, "This day will forever hurt our nation and it will take a long long time for us to recover." People looked down, "But we will get through this because today I have seen people helping out complete strangers, people taking others into their home for them to stay, churches providing homes for others. Today I have seen Americans coming together like family. The terrorists saw our nation and they wanted to hurt us, bring us down, and make sure we never rise again." He started to smile, "But we will, because we are the United States of America, we are united as one and we will help each other up. We will help those who fallen rise up and will stand together that the United States of America!!!!" People started to clap and cheer, "They thought they could bring us down but they were wrong!! We're the United States of America damn it!!! And we will stand up and rise up even stronger together as the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!!"  

When America walked down from the rubble, Bush hugged him.

People were cheering and hugging each other. Canada and Diego gave  their brother a thumbs up. The US states, cities, and territories were all hugging each other.

People started to sing the nation

Countries of the world clapped too.

They too would remember this day as a horrible, tragic day.

But, they would also remember that on this very day, Americans had rose up together as the United States of America and showed the world, that not even terrorism could bring them down. Because they were, as America had said:

"We're the United States of America damn it!!!"      

The memory changed.

North America were rushing down the hallway. They had just saw the Paris attacks on T.V. they had called France but he hadn't picked up. America called England who told him the hospital they were at.

They heard crying as they got to a room and saw a sobbing Monaco who was crying into France's chest. England was sitting in a chair next to them, looking down.

France looked away from the memory.

France saw North America walk in and gave them a pained smile.

"France, I'm so sorry for this," Canada said.

France just nodded and blink back tears, "So many people died." he closed his eyes, "They had suicide bombers, and mass shootings, they even took hostages."  He couldn't stop the tears from falling, "They caused so much pain."

It got quiet.

"Papa!!!" Seychelles ran into the room and hugged France, she started to cry.

"Shh, Cheri," France ran his hands through his daughters' hair.

India, Senegal, Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Ivory Coast, and Ghana rushed in too. After awhile more of the former colonies rushed in.

The atmosphere of the room was very depressing, everyone was quiet. France was looking out the window, the Eiffel Tower was seen in the distance. He still heard ambulances and saw the lights.

"Your right," America suddenly said, "They did."

Everyone looked at him, America looked at France and walked towards the window, "You said they caused a lot of pain." he sadly nodded, "I know they did. They wanted to bring you and your country down, they thought you were weak, but I know you France. Your strong. And your going to show them." America thought of 9/11 and sighed, "After 9/11, I felt the same way as you do now. But I saw my people come together and complete strangers help each other out. With all the pain the terrorists had caused, they couldn't bring me and my people down and knowing you and your country  France." He smiled at him, and France smiled back, "They won't be able to do the same to you."

Everyone in the room smiled, America went over to France and hugged him. France hugged back, "Thank you Amerique."

France smiled as he remembered that speech America gave him, it had  really helped him. That was a horrible day, but just like America said he saw on 9/11, he had saw complete strangers helping out each other, it warmed his heart.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Terriosts had tried to bring so many nations down, they were still trying to today.

But no matter how much they tried or how much pain they caused.

They couldn't do it.

Because every nation was strong and no matter how many times citizens in a nation argued with each other.

In the worst times, they could all come together and show what they were as a nation.

Strong.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

By the time most of you have read this, I will be in Florida already.  I'm going try and work on the last two chaps in advance so I can update tomorrow.

The final two chaps will be updated tomorrow. The 2nd to last one will be in the morning and final one will be in the evening (it's going to be very short though) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 326 14
[EDITED] Every single day was total agony for me. My father will hit me everyday even without a reason. I was just his worthless punching bag, only t...
4.1K 174 25
This is the second book (after The Extent of Love) of this series! Read that one first or you will be confused! He was happy. He was content. Life wa...
751 28 6
It was just a rumor. Everyone knew that. It was just a rumor that personifications of nations existed. Nevertheless, its existence had proven too clo...
16.8K 234 20
Hetalia Fanfic-A love story about Belarus and her hero America.