ARCANE || [2] B.Barnes [Civil...

By BuckyCinnamonRoll

Sequel to Ghost||The Winter Soldier "United We Stand" "Divided We Fall" There is an enemy coming and The Rave... More

Bizarre Events
Crossbones
Wounds
Faults
Vigilantes
Split
Honor
Orders
Not so Safe
Criminal
Cold
Politeness
Red Sun
Blades
Restraints
Recruits
Inconspicuous
Back Up
Underoos
Infestation
Run
Victim
Numb
Wolves
Still Here
Promise
London
Strange
Thin Walls
Loki
Ragnarok
More
Fatal
Sequel

War

9.9K 306 106
By BuckyCinnamonRoll

Clint nods over Wanda and us as he spots the Quinjet. "There's our ride." Pietro and I run towards it as well from the other side of some crates and soon enough Steve and Bucky come into view. I sigh in relief knowing that atleast he's alright. I swear that if I lose him again I'll go out of my freaking mind. "Come on!" We all increase our running speeds while next to each other. Bucky is on Steve's left while Sam and I run on his right side with the twins and Clint close behind us.

Just as we come not far from the Quinjet a fizzing stream of yellow energy slices across the runway, I throw my arms to the sides to hold back Steve and Sam. God I just soccer-momed two Avengers. It's embarrassing. Really.

"Captain Rogers." Vision hovers just above us as a godlike figure. "I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good you must surrender now." When will he learn about human stubbornness?

Tony and the rest of his team, including Peter and a very pissed off Amethyst arrive across the runway from us.

Everyone tenses up and takes a somewhat fighting stance. Sam steps closer to me and looks at Steve, who's apparently our current leader. "What do we do, Cap?"

Steve clenches his jaw and flares his nostrils. None of us like this decision but it's our only way out.

"We fight."

*****

3rd POV

Steve and his team begin walking towards Tony and the others with determination plastered across their faces. All of them willing to cause some damage for the greater good. Even if it hurts them both physically and emotionally.

Natasha looks around to her so called team. She knows deep inside that what they are doing is wrong and they are doing it with wrong motives. T'challa is falsely accusating Bucky for his father's murder. Amethyst has a personal hatred towards Merly. Tony's upset Steve convinced the rest of the team to join him. And Peter is just there to impress them, he has no vendetta or anger towards anyone of either party. For once maybe he could have been part of something big, fighting along side the Avengers. But that dream, that idea of the Avengers is now clearly gone. He won't be fighting along side them. He will be fighting them.

Natasha sighs and shakes her head. "This is gonna end well." The two teams stride towards each other with grim determination etched on their faces. Steve and Merly begin taking the lead of their team and increase their running speeds.

Peter takes a loud gulp at the sight of them and begins to worry. "They're not stopping." Not only are they outnumbered but they all managed to take them down one by one before this when they were split up.

Tony lets out a grim hiss and takes the lead. "Neither are we." Everyone breaks into a sprint head onto eachother.

Steve blocks a punch as Iron Man lands infront of him. Clint fires an arrow at Vision. War Machine flies after Falcon and Bucky trades blows with T'Challa. Merly blocks rapid swings from Amethyst. Wanda's helping Clint with Vision and also helping Pietro against Peter. Everyone fighting against their opposites even if they outnumber eachother.

Soon their paired fights escalate quickly into chaos. Natasha throws Scott, as Peter swings through the air, struggeling to evade vehicles projected by Wanda for Pietro to run up on them and tackle Peter into the ground. Pietro lands multiple quick punches on Peter before one his shoes gets webbed to the ground by Peter's enhanced web shooters. His old ones wouldn't have hit a target moving at fast speeds.

"Woa! How old are you?" Peter asks a bit confused. He looks young but...he has facial hair.

Amethyst lands a few punches on Merly, who is holding back. Amethyst agreed on not killing anyone but the anger tempts her to grab at her hidden gun and just end it all right then and there. She won't take a lethal shot, just one good enough to slow the Raven down to be arrested.

Merly is also tempted to pull out the escrima sticks from her suit but knows this would only make her look worse if she seriously hurts someone with them. Maybe just a little hurting. Merly thinks to herself. Little did she know that Amethyst had finally given in to her temptations and pulled out two daggers just as she pulls on her escrima sticks.

The two deadly weapons clash and send sparks flying from the impact. "Apparently you don't follow rules either." Merly mocks her.

Amethyst growls at her, pushes back and swings at Merly's abdomen with her daggers. Merly continues to only block the hits instead of returning them like she really wants to. Lord knows I can't do any more harm. By not throwing punches, Merly lures Amethyst on the path to the Quinjet. Once close enough I'll knock her out.

On the other side of them, Clint and Natasha battle with batons. A common non-aggressive weapon both, them and Merly use quite often. Clint pins her down with his bow. "We're still friends, right?" Natasha asks for reassurance, hoping things don't go south bitterly.

"Depends on how hard you hit me." Clint groans out. She spins him with her legs. As she's about to kick his head, her foot stops and it's engulfed by a mist that glows bright red. Wanda! Wanda projects Natasha away.

"You were pulling your punches." She states before strutting away to help Bucky with T'Challa. Clint nods sheepishly. I think I'm getting too old for this shit. Wanda might as well have fought all of them on her own.

Bucky and T'Challa have eacher other by the throat. "I didn't kill your father." He chokes out. Can this guy listen to me for one godamn second?

T'Challa tenses up in rage at the mention of his deceased father, who he failed to protect. "Then why did you run?" Maybe he can keep an open mind to an explanation instead of making quick assumptions like his father once did. Bucky only gives him an unimpressed stare. Really? Really! How in the eternal fuck am I supposed to explain myself when you came in trying to kill me?!

T'Challa prys Bucky's hand off his neck, then spins him and fly-kicks him backwards. He sprouts his claws and aims for Bucky's neck, but Wanda stops his hand, she waves her arms and sends T'Challa crashing into a passenger gangway. An image flashes instantly through Bucky's mind, where he's fighting alongside the Raven back during the war. Merly used to do the same technique when she still had her clawed gloves, always aiming for people's throats. I wonder if she still has those?

*****

Peter managed to web Pietro to the ground with some web grenades Tony suggested halfway through the fight. He swings past Merly and Amethyst and goes after Steve.

Steve snaps Peter's web with his shield and causes him to fall. "That thing does not obey the laws of physics at all." Peter says while rolling back up. How does it always return to him?

Steve sighs at the kid's stubborness to keep fighting. "Look kid. There's a lot going on here that you don't understand." He doesn't want him to make the same mistakes he did, picking fights in which he clearly knew he wasn't going to win. Just go home kid.

"Mr. Stark said you'd say that. Wow." These guys really know eachother. Peter shoots webs which stick to Steve's shield and ankles. He pulls and Steve slides towards him. Peter kicks him backwards, then rolls clear out of his way. Keep you distance! Just like Mr.Stark said. Peter lets out a chuckle, thinking back to the advice Tony gave him which at the time he thought was silly. "He also said to go for your legs." Peter continues chuckling at the idea of Captain America's weakness being his legs.

Really Stark? As Steve runs to get his shield, Peter webs his hands and stuggles to pull Steve back but he doesn't even move. Steve grits his teeth, spins and somersaults, propelling Peter through the air. "Anything else Stark tell you?"

Peter gets back up and crouches in a semi-fighting stance. "That youre wrong. Even when you think you're right." I can't believe I just said that to Captain America ! With his new multi-million dollar suit he feels much more confident. Maybe it's the excitement and adrenaline pumping through his little hormonal body.

Steve takes a sharp intake of air at the words Peter said to him. Maybe. Maybe he should have just told Tony everything before any of this ever happened. Maybe I'm just sparing myself. "I guess he had a point." Steve throws his shield against the support beam causing the gangway to fall on Peter. "You got heart kid. Where you from?"

"Queens" Peter groans out while struggling with the massive weight on his shoulders. I don't want to be crushed like a bug! This is not how I want to go out!

A small smile creeps up Steve's face as Peter reminds him of not only himself but Merly as well when they were younger. Stubborn and reckless.

"Brooklyn."

*****

Merly aka Raven POV

"C'mon! I thought I told you all we weren't gonna hurt him!" I yell to Steve for dropping like 2 tons on the kid. Did he really think I wouldn't notice from where I'm at? I'm like literally right next to them. "I never made you that promise." Steve grins before heading towards were Bucky is helping Sam with Rhodey.

"Looks like no one is actually listening to you." Amethyst whispers into my ear as she attempts to put me in a headlock. I continue squirming out of her death grip and dodging her daggers. "You know I can kill you right now!" She threatens.
I kick my foot up her crotch area and elbow her on the face. "Yeah? Well so can a dedicated duck!" I hiss and kick one of the daggers out of her gloved palm. "You're not special sweetheart."

A pained scream escapes her lips, accompanied by a crackling sound from the hand I kicked. It's then that I realise she's using ring daggers, meaning that I broke her fingers. Gross! She throws her other dagger at my chest but I block it by crossing my batons across my chest. She goes to pry off her other ring dagger but a silver mist passes between us and suddenly she's lying on the ground unconscious.

"Unlike me, you were pulling your punches." Pietro crosses his arms and raises his eyebrows at me.

"First of all I wasn't even throwing punches." I scoff at him. I could have tazerd her until she passed out but I need my batons at full charge if I'm going to fight some psycho assassins.

"And secondly, don't think I didn't see you get beaten by Spider-boy. " I mock him. Atleast now I know Peter's potential to fight these two magical knuckleheads. Maybe he can be a new member of an entirely new team of the Avengers. I don't doubt the UN will try to make another team of remarkable people. If they throw us in jail, then that idea will be long dead.

"Don't tell anyone!"

"We all saw that!" Sam suddenly calls through the comms.

You see the thing with having too many people on comms is that everyone hears your conversations, and with these guys, privacy and dignity are thrown out the window.

"C'mon let's get out of here!"

°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°

Shitty chapter. Sorry. Once I'm done I'll go back and fix some errors such as discontinuity. I can't remember exactly how the fight went down😟

I have about 4 class days left, college finals are my worst nightmare😤...the stress is unbearable😫Anyways once I'm out, I'll start writing more and I'll try to update more often.

I am really, truly sorry for the lack of updates. Please forgive me.

Good news: I already have some things planned for Infinity war.

The trailer was amazing btw. 😍I've never cried so early in the morning.😢But it was so beautiful and traumatizing.

Here it is again my loves ⬇️ enjoy!😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.6K 57
"I can do it!" four-year-old Raven shouted to her father as she cautiously took a step toward the ocean for the first time. ----------- "I can't do...
543K 17.8K 48
This story is quite opposite of the most I've read since Loki will be babysitting you. You didn't want to be part of the Avengers but you were forced...
649K 19.3K 28
"He's a Ghost." "I don't believe in Ghosts." "You will soon enough." °·°·°·°·°·°·°·° Sometimes you don't believe in Ghosts until you become one. *Oh...
43.2K 1.5K 35
Sequel of Rumors of War, The Immortality War, and Winter's War. Book Four of Five. Set during Captain America: Civil War. .•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•. "I lo...