Numb

3rd POV

After flying for a couple of hours, the trio finally arrives to their ultimate destination. Their flight on the way there was filled with empty silence, no one mentioned what to do in case they got there too late or if only one made it out alive. Merly just slumped down in her seat and attempted to take a nap, but the nagging guilt kept her from getting any rest.

"We're here." Steve announces right as he begins to descend.

Merly gets up and opens a cabinet holding her weapons with her name engraved on it, meanwhile Bucky opens up the one with Natasha's name and takes a few guns out of it.  Steve turns off the jet and reaches for his shield along with a few other gadgets from Natasha's cabinet. Since Natasha doesn't have any 'super powers' she has more weapons and gadgets than anyone on the team besides Tony. 

While Merly straps on a few guns and their holsters, without getting her attention, Bucky steps up next to Steve and nudges him to get his attention. Steve gives him a tentative glance and sees that he's holding out something in his hand. Bucky opens up his fist to reveal small red dart containing tranquilizers created by Natasha herself.

At first Steve doesn't understand what hs intentions are until he nods over to Merly who's wound has now started to bleed through her bandages. "Ah shit." Merly mumbles to herself, ignoring the bleeding she just shrugs on a vest.

"I can't." Steve whispers to Bucky. "We need her." He pushes the dart back to Bucky.

Bucky sighs and forms a fist around the dart again. "Fine, I'll do it." He exhales.

"Guys!" Merly calls out to them from the jet's door. "He's already here." She points over the small cliff they landed on. "The doors are already opened."

How did she sneak past us? Bucky stares at her before gaining back his posture. "Uh, that should be enough time to wake them up."

Merly steps back inside to get her batons but as she turns around she runs straight into Steve's chest. Steve holds her shoulders to keep her from falling back. "I'm so sorry Raven." He whispers.

"What?-" Just then Merly feels a sting on the back of her neck.

"No, no, no!" She stumbles back onto Bucky's arms.

"I need you alive." He whispers, gently setting her back on the floor before grabing some handcuffs.

"Don't do this." With every word and every breath she takes she feels her throat tightening up. Her legs are the first to give out completely.

He handcuffs her to a handle bar but she keeps tugging on it. "No. Please don't." She slurrs her words with worry and fear. Steve remains frozen in place, not sure on who's side to take.

"They will need you." Bucky's words echo through her dizzy head and her hands fall limp. Her wound has no begun to bleed through her jacket but before anyone can notice it Bucky tugs Steve away and they begin jogging towards the building below them.

"No!"

"You can't do it alone!"

She continues to scream at them, desperately fighting to stay awake. "Please." She wimpers out before her voice fades away and pure numb darkness engulfs her body.

"We're doing it for her. They'll need her." Bucky says reassuring Steve who is trembling uneasily while going down the building into god knows what is awaiting for them down there.

*****

Tony arrives at the scene not long after Steve and Bucky went inside the building. He lands right at the entrance of the Quinjet to check if he got there in time but all he notices is the pool of blood that has formed beneath Merly's unconscious body. Steve and Bucky left too quickly to see it or else they would have probably stayed a bit longer.

"Raven!" Tony calls out woriedly and rushes towards her. He checks her pulse and looks around to find something that'll help stop the bleeding.

He finds the tranquilizer on the floor next to an already dried up stain of blood on the floor from the airport incident. "What have we gotten ourselves into?" Tony sighs warily.

While he patches her up as quickly as possible, a thousand thoughts plague his mind and he doesn't notice T'Challa observing them from afar. If only Shuri was here to help her.
For the mean time, T'Challa keeps his distance from everyone without alerting them of his presence until he figures out what is actually going on.

Tony takes one last look at Merly. He pushes a strand of her hair away from her face only to see a purple bruise beginning to grow. There's rarely a time when they're all healed and normal, somehow they're always chasing death. Why can't we stop?

"See you on the other side Raven."

          ●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●

Ok, now we can move on with a few more updates (still a lot of planning to do tho)

I just saw Black Panther and it's by far one of the best Marvel films so far. The pacing and story and development was perfect and Michael b. Jordan gave an amazing performance, as did the rest of the cast but his villain has the best reasons but with not so good approaches. Would've loved to see more of him. Winston Duke and letitia wright stole the show for me.

*spoiler* (close your eyes) I literally screamed when Bucky came on screen😍😗

And.....

Quick question: would you guys want Merly involved in Black Panther or not?

I'm leaning more towards no because I feel like she has no real business in Wakanda since they clearly don't need her (they're far better without her)
...but how do guys feel about it?🤔

and how much did you enjoy the masterpiece that is black panther?