Promise

"I want to thank you for everything you're doing for them." I tell T'challa as we look out the glass windows into the the beautiful scenery below us. Wakanda is a true wonder. "I made wrong assumptions and it almost cost the lives of those you care about." He responds.

"You had every right to be angry at us." Look, I've never been the best when it came to apologizing as you have seen. "It might not be the best virtue one can have, but I still believe you're a good man." We stay in a dense yet comfortable silence as if we had reached the pinnacle of peace in our shity week. "You'll be a good king." T'Challa stares down with a faint smile spreading across his face. "There is still much work that needs to be done."

I know harboring half of the Avengers, who by the way are considered fugitives and war criminals will affect him in some political way or another. I can't have that guilt on me, I already have enough shit to worry about. "If having them here becomes a threat to your position, then I'll take them somewhere else where they can be safe. I'm sure there's another-"

"-as of now. I believe this is the safest place for them." T'challa cuts me off.

"Having them here poses a target on Wakanda." I just want them to be safe.

He chuckles and waves me off. "Wakanda has the best technology in the world. It is nearly impossible to find our location." Right. I forgot about those shields that make the city invisible to anyone outside. Maybe if I just leave, they'll probably be safer.

" I'll be leaving tomorrow night." I inform him.

"Why?" He asks, unfolding his arms and turning entirely to look at me.

A little fear starts to rise up spine, feeling like a hands tugging at it, wanting to pry it out. Honestly I'm not sure if this is the best decision. "I've got things to take care off." I vaguely answer. But I don't want to leave everyone behind. "I have yet to find out some vital things." Like where I came from and what I really am.

"Steve said he was also leaving later this week. He said he'll stay on the outskirts of the city." T'Challa informs me of this new information. Why didn't Steve tell me about this? An irritated sigh escapes me as I run a hand through my wet hair from my shower earlier. "Which means Sam is probably gonna go too." Can anyone stay behind to looks after the twins. Scott already left yesterday morning even after I pleaded him not to and Clint went back to his family to cherish every last moment he has with them.

"The twins will be safe here. I can assure you of that." T'challa places a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I sure hope so."

"Shuri wanted to talk to you before you left." T'Challa guides me in the direction of another building separated from the one Bucky and the twins are at.

"This looks nice." I compliment the tech labs we pass by as we go underground. "Shuri does most of the designing for Wakanda."

I quietly scoff at the thought at the thought of leaving one of the twins or Peter in charge of an entire country. "I can't imagine what the twins or bug-boy would do if I gave them such responsibility."

T'challa chuckles and shakes his head. "She may be nice to you but she constantly bullies me."

"Really? Who would've thought that a king would be bullied by a 16 year old princess."

"Yeah." He sighs.

"Oh you're here!" Shuri exclaims from across the lab. "I have much to show you Ms.Raven!"

"Uhh...okay?" She tugs my hand and takes me towards a table filled with grain like beads which I assume are made out of vibranium. "What am I supposed-"