Honor

Steve and I were given the honor of carry Peggy's casket into the church. Although it was weird to see a woman doing this, Steve and some unknown niece of Peggy argued strongly to let me do this. Thankfully my heels helped me be around the same height as Steve. As soon as we walked in, everyone was surprised to see me and Captain America at Peggy's funeral, but nevertheless this didn't help us cope with the loss of this great woman. Maybe this is how it felt at my funeral. With every step closer we took the altar, I felt my knees getting weaker and my throat was filling up with thick vile, my eyes were threatening to spill every tear I was struggling to hold back. I can tell Steve feels even worse than I do, and I know what this feels like, I felt it for years after Bucky 'died'.

Right after we place the casket at the altar, we are seated at the first row where Sam is waiting along with Coulson. I take a seat between Steve and Sam. I wave at Coulson and thank him for coming. He smiles back. "Yeah, it's the least I could for the woman who founded SHIELD. And because I wanted to try out the new Jet." We both quietly chuckle as the pastor gives on his speech about a woman he never even met. They just don't know how to truly honor her, only as a soldier.

"And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter, to come up and say a few words." The pastor steps away from the podium and I get distracted by the art in the ceiling. Sam gets my attention by hitting the side of my thigh and that's when I see an all too familiar face. So I beging tapping Steve's leg, and he too is surprised. I turn to Coulson and give him a questioning look. "Did you know?" He gives me a dumbfounded look. "Of course! Duhh."

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD. But I just knew her as Aunt Peggy." So Peggy was the 'insomniac aunt' she was always talking to whenever I visited Steve. To be honest I didn't even know her name until now, I just knew her as 'agent'.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK." I remember seeing that picture at her retirement home. "As a kid, that was pretty cool. But, it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related." And damm did you really stick to that promise. "I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage at a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either." Peggy knew her value and didn't care what they thought about her, and being a woman doing a 'man's' job gave her the upper hand in this secrecy business.
"And she said, compromise when you can. Where you can't, don't." I look over to Steve and his eyes are filled with pride. Peggy really knew how to bring confidence to someone out of thin air which is why I constantly went to Sam whenever I felt down, he knows how to use his words when he needs to.

"Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move. " This is a really good motivational speech for our current problem and I can tell Sam looks really impressed by this, it's like he's taking it to heart. "It is your duty, to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say, 'No...you move."

***
Steve refused to go to the burial, so he stayed at the church while Sam, Coulson and I went.

After the burial was done, we decided to walk back to the hotel instead since Steve left with Sharon. As we walk past a T.V store, our light conversation is cut short. "Uh, guys? You might  want to see this. " Coulson points to the screens.

"Shit." I pull out my phone and immediately call Steve,after a few rings he finally picks up. "Hello?"

"Where are you?" I ask him as I stare in disbelief at the screen. "I'm walking Sharon back to her hotel. Why?"

"Where is her hotel?" The bombing just happened a few minutes ago, so there is no known suspect at the moment. They're only focusing on helping the injured right now.

"Just a few streets down from ours. Merly, what's going on?"

Sam and Coulson give me worried looks. "I'll meet you there." I quickly hang up. Coulson checks his phone."I need to go back to the base immediately." He gives me a sorry look. "Yeah, you should go before you get in more trouble for being with us." I warn him before he leaves.

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

*****

"Steve!" I call out from across the lobby. "We have to go back." I approach them breathing heavily.

"Why?" Sharon asks giving me a worried look. "There was a bombing at the UN meeting." I breathe out. "I think it's best if you stay with me. If you go back immediately it might cause suspicion." Sharon warns. "Besides, I can help give you more information from the C.I.A" We head back to her room and turn on the news as Sharon makes a few calls.

"A bomb hidden in a news van blasted through the UN building in Vienna."  Dozens of news reporters are broadcasting this as they are being checked for any more threats. "More than 70 people have been injured. At least 12 are dead. Including Wakanda's King T'Chaka." The news begin rolling footage of the building and images of Wakandans mourning their King. Steve looks tense and worried about this. Wakandans already mistrust us, after this they will surely hate us who aren't signing.

"Officials have released a video of a suspect, identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter soldier. The infamous HYDRA agent, linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations. "

All of us stare at the screen in disbelief. There's no way it could've been him. Yet the footage shows a man who looks exactly like him. Unless HYDRA got to him. Will we ever get our lives back to normal? "We need to find him now. More than ever."

Sharon hangs up and looks distraught. "I have to go to work." If the CIA is officially involved in this, then we are going to be under immense pressure, that the gods themselves won't be able to help us fast enough.

And our encounter will awkward because we haven't seen echother over two years, he tried to kill us, and he took my money and motorcycle. And taking my motorcycles is something that should never be done, just ask Natasha, who wished I had stayed dead once I found out what she did to my motorcycle in Seoul. After that nobody ever touched my motorcycles, and although I love  Bucky you think he should be an exception, that poor boy will fear my wrath, just like any other person. That is if I don't fall apart once I see him.

The pit of my stomach feels like there is an entire zoo of magical creatures in there. My anxiety levels are through the roof right now that I gotta start using Chirrut Imwe's chant.

     °·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°

Have you guys already seen Rogue One ?!?!?!? 😱😍 I loved it !!!

Unfortunately I saw it when our Carrie Fisher left us.
Now one with the force🙏

#CurrentlyFreezingToDeath ❄