Cold

So I overheard that instead of locking us up in Bucharest, we are being transfered to Berlin, as if that made it any better.

We stay relatively quiet during the ride as I try to shake off the metal cuffs that resemble the cuffs Rumlow used on me before, to arrest me obviously, don't get your head in the gutter.

I was seated in the back of the truck, next to Sam, he seems so anxious to say something and I think I have an idea of what he wants to say. He repeatedly stares out the window next to me so I raise a eyebrow at him and look over to T'Challa. He returns me an offended look before squinting his eyes at me.

He stares at the back of T'Challa's head for a rather uncomfortable time. "So, you like cats?" I knew it! I fuckin' knew it! The desperation in his eyes was a dead giveaway.

"Sam." Steve says in a warning voice without looking at us. I purse my lips to hold back a grin. Oh how I aspire to have the same confidence Sam has. He is literally asking a King why he dressed up like a cat.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam raises his cuffed hands.

"Your suit. It's Vibranium isn't it." I ask to deviate from this immature humor Sam is bringing, and because if this continues any longer I'm going to die in a fit of laughter. Why am I such an asshole?

T'Challa takes his time watching the many confused civilians that are gaping at the half a dozen armored trucks being escorted by police. "The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior." He begins. Actually I've heard of this Black Panther legend before on one of the many times I visited Peggy and honestly I just thought it was a myth since it hasn't been seen in a very long time.

"And now because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king." T'Challa says with so much conviction. Aaaand there goes the humour...along with my hopes of getting out easy.

"So I ask you, as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He sideglances at me along with Steve who has been quiet this whole time. That vibranium suit won't intimidate me. If he wants I'll bring Wolverine to tear his suit to pieces.

*****

After that long silent ride we arrive at a fairly closed off facility where I am finally uncuffed. "About damn time," my hands are numb and they felt like they where having their own private sauna in there. As I rub my wrists to relieve the itchiness, I see Bucky in a glass cage cell that is being taken to opposite side of where we are being taken. I make short eye contact with him but he immediately looks away in shame causing the pit of my heart to fill with guilt. He could've probably escaped sooner if it weren't for our arguing.

"What's going to happen?" Steve asks the short man approaching us along with Sharon by his side.

"The same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The man says a bit too enthusiastically.

The guys stare at the short man while I look at Sharon for an explanation for this bilbo-looking man. "This is Everett Ross, deputy task force commander." Another Ross! Are you kidding me.

"What about our lawyer." Steve asks. A lawyer? We don't have one, well unless we ask Murdock or Walters. But I doubt they'll want to help us since Walters is way too busy and Murdock spends most his time micro-managing the shit out of ten blocks in New York.

"Lawyer?...that's funny." Ross stares at us midly surprised."See to their weapons are placed in the lock up." He tells the soldiers taking our suits and weapons, then he looks back our confused faces as we wonder why they are being taken away from us. "Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

Sam gives a disdainful squint at the soldiers holding his wing suit. "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Poor Sammy.

Everett Ross and Sharon escort us down a maze of hallways. "You will be provided with an office instead of a cell. And do me a favour, stay in it." He points down the hall before walking off with Sharon by his side. "I'm not intending on going anywhere." T'Challa states as he walks behind us, looking around.

As we turn the corner we're confronted by Natasha. "For the record. This is what making things worse looks like." Steve only gives her a side glance. "He's alive."

"The remaining of us are now at court-sec. And, Colonel Ross is supervising the clean up." Natasha informs me. "Try not to break anything while we fix this." I raise an eyebrow at her. "We ?"

"Consequences? You bet there will be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that because I just said it." Tony's voice rigns from down the hall as he talks on the phone. "Anything else? Thank you, sir."

"Consequences?" Steve asks him.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. I have to give him something." Tony points only to Steve and I. I scrunch my eyebrows and point towards Sam. "What about him?"

"Wait what?!" Sam turns to me alarmed to which I respond to with a simple shrug.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve sighs at the sight of his patriotic shield being taken away. "Dude, you have attachment issues." I tell him while crossing my arms.

"Easy for you to say, you are always redesigning your suit." Steve retorts. I snap my fingers and point at him while I place my other hand on my hip. "You're the one who is changing suits like every 15 minutes."
He gapes at me slightly offended, but before he can say anything he's interrupted by Natasha.

"Technically, it's the government's property...Wings too." Natasha smirks as she struts away from us.

Sam shakes his head in disappointment. "That's cold."

"Warmer than jail." Natasha calls out.

"Not warm enough to fill the void of the 54 million dollars we just lost alone just with that shield." Everyone in the room to stops to gape at the shield. Did they not really know the value of that frisbe?

°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°·°
*sorry if it sucks, I just wrote this a few min ago but...

Yooo... I just saw LOGAN last night and it was amazing!

So many tears by the way...😭💔