Back Up

3rd POV  (24 hrs earlier)

Ross steps into the room where Natasha and Tony were told to wait until they figured out what to do about the situation legally. "I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Ross had been called in to take some charge of this situation or to arrest the others in other words.

Tony had been staring emotionlessly at the floor for an eternity. How could he let this get out of hand so quickly? "We will. GSG-9's got the borders covered. Recon's flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." If anyone is going to arrest his friends it's going to be him, not some law enforcement officials who don't know how to deal with people who are stubborn and brave and that have been tortured and beaten countless times. He knows them, maybe he can help them see the lighter side of the case.

Secretary Ross is a man who has been dealing with situations similar to this of course he knows Tony wants to take things into his own hands. "You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this." They've been playing too nice by the rules to deal with Steve, now it's time to use force such as they have.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" Natasha retorts. If anyone of those highly respected Avengers is somehow injured by national security then not only will the title of an Avenger be mistrusted  but all law enforcements will be questioned.

"If we're provoked." Ross answers without hesistation. "Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive now. Feel free to check my math." Ross places his hands behind his back and waits for their response.

"All due respect, you're not going to solve this with boys in bullets, Ross." Tony immediately responds at the threat of his friends being taken out by brutal law enforcement. "You gotta let us bring them in."

Ross holds back a chuckle. He knows the Avenvers aren't exactly a happy family right now all things considered. "How would that end any differently from the last time?"

"Because this time, I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed." Tony continues to persuade, hopefully he can do the same with Steve and Merly.

Ross sighs finally giving in to the plan, either way they are bound to be caught sooner or later. "36 hours. Barnes. Rogers. Wilson. And Velasko."

Tony practically squeals inside. "Thank you, sir." As soon as Ross is out of the room Tony rubs his hand on his chest and slumps, exhaling. "My left arm is numb, is that normal?" Natasha walks over to him and pats him on the shoulder. "You alright?" She's never seen Tony more stressed about the Avengers ,the last time she saw him this down was when Merly died. "Always." Even though he has a massive black eye and a cut on his brow he can somehow manage to make a Harry Potter joke. "36 hours, jeez." He mutters.

Natasha lets out a tense sigh. "We're seriously understaffed." It's a rare sight to see the infamous Black Widow worried about not being able to catch half of the Avengers when she's been capable to taking down dozens of soldiers all on her own.

"Oh, yeah. It'd be great if we had a Hulk right about now. Any shot?" Tony smirks at his suggestion. Natasha playfully rolls her eyes. "No. You really think he'd be on our side?" She answers truthfully. Now she's really questioning whether she made the right decision or not. It was politically right, but not morally, which is something Steve and  Merly value the most."No." Tony responds, blowing air out his flared nostrils. Natasha hesitantly bites the inside of her cheek before suggesting a plan that will most likely put a target on her back. "I have an idea."

"Me too." Tony beams and stands up from his stiff leather chair. "Where's yours?" He asks. Nat gives him an odd look at his reaction but shakes away her questions. "Downstairs. Where's yours?" Tony grins widely at the thought of bringing in the one person who might be able get through to Merly.