Strong, Truly Strong

By maxine247

Strong: Being able to withstand great force or pressure. America was strong. His parents had abandoned him... More

Strong
Native America
Big Sister Vinland
Babies!!!! And Magic?
Mexico and Mexica
Bonding
It's my time
The Lost Colony of Roanoke
Bye bye Big Sis.........Hello Strangers
(The Sad) Life of Colonization
Very Important
New Siblings
Back to America
Jones
The 13 Colonies.......and Boston
The Declaration of Independence
The American Revolutionary War
War Aftermath and 1812
Mexican American and The Civil War
The Spanish American War, The Great Depression, And Pearl Harbor
Mama Native America
The Great Space Race and NAFTA
9/11 and the Paris Attacks
Let the Good Times Roll
Strong, Truly Strong
Announcement
It's Up

A Day in the Life of Being Alone and Growing Up.....Too Fast?

8.1K 218 597
By maxine247

Life doesn't get
easier,
you just get,
stronger

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The memory changed, it was now morning.

The siblings walked downstairs to the kitchens and saw Romano, "Are they gone?" Maria asked sadly.

He nodded, "Last time the tomato bastard left, he brought you two back," pointed at Maria and Diego, "Who knows what he'll bring back this time."

"How long will they be gone?" Canada asked.

"The bastards will probably be gone for," he shrugged, "A month,"

"Oh," They all said sadly.

They made themselves breakfast and decided to talk to Romano, "Romano, do you have a twin?" America asked.

He nodded, "North Italy, his name is Veneziano." Romano then walked away.

So much for talking.

"Come on, we can show you around." Maria said, the Mexicos started leading their brothers down the hall to show them around the big house.

The memory changed and it was now night.

The siblings were looking out the window at the stars, they all looked a bit sad as they all thought about their parents being gone for a month.

But hey, they were used to being left alone.

The memory changed, ( 1 week later)

It looked like it was the evening.The siblings were outside talking with some animals when it started to rain.

They went inside only to hear thunder, they all jumped and looked scared.

They were terrified off thunderstorms and hurricanes. Especially since their mother had faded during a storm.

America and Canada were trying to stay calm, they wiped their tears and took deep breaths. But lightening struck and thunder boomed again.  

Maria screamed.

They all felt more tears come to their eyes and start, the older twins tried to comfort the younger ones, but it was hard since they were scared too.

"It's okay," Canada told the Mexicos, "This will be over soon."

But it felt like it would go on forever.

"Maybe we should go to bed, it'll be over in the morning." America said in a shaky voice.

They all rushed to their rooms but the Mexicos wanted to sleep with their big brothers so they walked into their room.

"Can we sleep with you please?" Maria asked in tears.

They nodded and the Mexicos immediately got into bed with their brothers.

America was on the right, Maria was next to him, Diego was next to her, and Canada was on the far left.

As lightening struck again and more thunder boomed, America threw the bed cover over them and the four siblings clung together in tears and fear.

They couldn't wait for this to be over.

The four children ended up crying themselves to sleep.

Countries glared at England, France, and Spain who felt really guilty.

They never knew what their colonies had gone through while they were gone.

The three men's other children (other former colonies, minus South America) were in shock.

They weren't treated like that, their fathers were always home.

 North America felt anger rise through them, that night was terrifying for them.

Why couldn't they stay?

Yeah they had work to do, but couldn't they have stayed more often?

It wasn't till their former colonizers started bringing home more colonies that they started staying around more.

But that was when America and Canada were a late 8 and the Mexicos were 6. It would only be about two more weeks until they turned nine and six and America would be sent back to his country and abandoned.  After that, Canada and Mexico (both) started visiting their countries more and more and staying away from their colonizers.

By the time the Revolutionary War was happening (America was 13) Canada and Mexico were out, moved to their countries, and didn't make contact with their former colonizers unless it was for business.  

Their relationship with North America had been strained.

The three men's other former colonies (minus South America) had always wondered why their older siblings barely talked to their parents anymore after they left and never came back.

Now they knew.

And looked like it was time for a talk.

"We left you alone many occasions, but it wasn't like we could stay. We had busy schedules, you try being a world superpower." England said not thinking.

America turned around and gave him a glare so hard that would make Batman quiver, "Do you know who I am?"   

England saw the rest of North America and South America and some other countries giving him looks as if they were saying, 'Do you know who he is?' 

England's eyes widened.

Oh crap.

America was the world's top superpower.

He forgot that.

America shook his head, sadly sighed and turned back to the memory.

Had England ever cared for him?

Had any of them?

Yeah they were empires and superpowers.

Yeah that was a lot of work.

But still, what were they to them?

What was it?

Just colonies or children?

Part of their empires or part of their family?

Did they care for them as colonizers to colonies or parents to kids?

What was it?

What were they to them?

The memory changed  (3 weeks later, America and Canada look 6 and the Mexicos look 4)

The colonies looked older, America was sweeping and Canada was putting away clean dishes.

They soon started to make breakfast together. The Mexicos tiredly came down and went outside to harvest some tomatoes.

Since their parents had been gone, they had matured and learned how to do different things.

Spain had taught the Mexicos some Spanish so now they were teaching their brothers some of the language.

They were catching on quickly, actually.

Maria and Diego came in with a huge basket of tomatoes. They washed them and started putting them in the basket on the table before setting the table.

The siblings soon started to eat together.

The memory changed.

America and Canada were watching their siblings play with a few birds while they talked about what to make for lunch.They then looked up at the sky, "Mar, D, it's time for lunch." America said.

The Mexicos nodded and the siblings started walking back towards Spain's house.

The memory changed again.

As soon as they got back into the house, America and Canada washed their hands and started to make lunch. The Mexicos washed their hands, sat at the table, and waited for their brothers to set the table with all their lunches.

Their older brothers put the food on the table and they all started to eat together, Romano was taking a siesta.

"Do you guys want to go swimming after lunch?" Canada asked.

The Mexicos quickly nodded while eating.

America wiped Mexico's mouth with a napkin.

After lunch, America and Canada washed dishes and swept the floor, when they were down, they all headed out.

The older twins led the younger ones down to a lake, they swam with the fishes until it got dark.

The older twins told the younger ones it was time to go and started to lead the two back to Spain's house.

When they got back, America and Canada told the Mexicos to get dried up and change their clothes for bed while they made dinner.

The boys went upstairs and quickly got dressed before coming back down and making dinner.

They set the table, the Mexicos and Romano came down and they all ate. When they were done, the older twins cleaned up and the siblings all talked before  America and Canada decided it was time for bed.

They all headed upstairs, and went to the America's bedroom, the older twins read the Mexicos  some fairy tales when they stopped America went with Diego to his room and Canada went with Maria to her room and they tucked the two in and said goodnight.

The boys soon switched rooms and America said goodnight to Maria and Canada to Diego.

The twins said goodnight to each other before going to bed.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That was how things went, America and Canada would wake up early and get dressed. After that, they would wake up the Mexicos and tell them to get dress.

From there, the older twins would go downstairs, America would sweep, and Canada would wash dishes if they let any out the night before. If there were clean dishes that were washed the night before, he would put them away. If there weren't any dishes, he would get out things to make breakfast, by the time he finished, America would almost be done so he would wait for him.

The twins would then start making breakfast together, by then, the Mexicos would come down and go outside to plant or check or water all the tomatoes which would take awhile.

When they came inside, breakfast would be almost done. So the Mexicos would set the table.

When their brothers finished, they would put the food on the table and they would all eat together.

When they finished, they would leave food on the table for Romano who always woke up late.

And then America would clear down the table and wash the dishes that they used while Canada would sweep up the crumbs.

After that, the older twins would take the younger ones out to the woods where they would talk with the animals before coming back and America and Canada would make lunch.

Then they would do whatever.

In the evening the older twins would also make dinner, then they would clean up and talk before going up to bed.

After that America and Canada would read the younger twins stories before tucking them and saying goodnight and going to bed themselves.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As the memory faded,  the older countries, especially China felt sad for America and Canada.

"Wow, you guys did all that?" Ghana said.

"Yep," Diego and Maria responded, Diego pointed at their brothers, "These two basically raised us."

Spain, France, and England felt even worse.

Were they really that bad of parents?

Many countries were glaring at them.

You know why basically all of the older countries were so sad and glaring at the three father countries and why the three of them felt so bad?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Because they all saw how America and Canada had been forced to grow up so fast at their parents not being there.

What six year olds wake up early, get their younger siblings up, cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner, sweeps and washes dishes for like 4 times a day, make sure their younger siblings have been fed, take them out for fun, and read them stories at night before tucking them into bed?

One or more like two answers:

America and Canada.

They had basically raised Mexico (both).

They had practically raised them since Vinland faded to the time their colonizers actually started staying around. But by then, North America's relationship with their colonizers  had been strained and they barely talked to them.

America and Canada had been the Mexicos' caretakers.

They had taken care of them.

They had raised them.

They had done all of that.

And only at 6 years old too.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"America, Canada-" Spain started but was cut off.

"Let's continue tomorrow," Canada said not wanting to hear it.

Spain sighed, guilt was taking over.

The lodge appeared again, "Good night guys," America said rushing upstairs, Canada was right behind him. They didn't want to hear what their colonizers would say.

"That is not how you raise kids, aru!!!" China yelled at England, Spain, and France, "How could you do that to them!?! They were lonely, aru!! America and Canada had to grow up so fast!! Too fast!! They practically raised those two!!!" he pointed at the Mexicos, "And where were you all? Out at sea for months!!! Even your other kids are surprised at you, look at them!!!" He pointed to the three men's other former colonies who were staring at their parents in shock, "You treated your first four like they didn't matter!!! Yeah you were empires, but you were also parents!!!!"

China had raised 8 kids (sorry if this number is wrong) and he would have never left them alone like that.

 As the three men felt more gulit wash over them, Native America was watching over from above.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It disgusted her and broke her heart at how her kids were treated during the colony days, she wished her oldest sons had more time to be kids.

To be children.

She was glad at the gulit those bastards were feeling at the way they treated her children, she hated them.

And they would be feeling more guilt when they hit America's life in his country when he was abandoned at only 9 years old.

(Laughs evilly)

And most of the world would be feeling guilty when they hit America's adult life.

She planned to talk to her children's colonizers before and after the memories were over.

She was gonna go all Mama Bear on them.

(Laughs evilly again)

Her other children, especially Vinland, wanted to come with her.

But they would all probably kill them or at least traumatized them for life.

It was gonna be her.

Just her.

And only her.

And she couldn't wait.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"How could you all do that to Mga kapatid (siblings) America, Canada, and Diego and Maria?" Philippines asked their parents.

Their other children (minus South America who went to talk with North America) had wanted to have a talk with them so here they were in another room having that tak.

"We were busy and we never thought to stop and think about how it was affecting them." Spain answered.

 "Why didn't you treat us the same way then?" Nigeria asked.

"As we got more colonies, more children, we realized that we needed  to start staying home more and spend time with you all," England answered sadly, "But North America had distanced them themselves from us by then."

"And you sent Alfie back to his country at 9," Ivory Coast said bitterly.

They knew that America went back to his country young.

But thought it was his choice.

France nodded, "They barely even talked to us after that. Maria, Mathieu, and Diego had started demanding to go back to their countries and visit more and more. We agreed to it and told them they could start visiting, but they wanted to go alone though without us."

"Did you let them?" Schyelles asked.

They shook their heads, "We went with them for the first few times," Spain said, "But they weren't happy about it, Maria and Diego barely talked to me during those trips,"

"Same with Matthew," England said.

"They would always set out to explore before I woke up and leave a note, then they would come back at night, grab a tomato, and just head up to bed."

England nodded, Canada would just leave in the morning, leave a note, and come back later, eat dinner without talking to him and go to bed.

"As they got older, we let them go themselves and they would stay there longer and go more often. And after a few years, as you all know. They went to their countries and never came back. They cut off all contact with us unless it was for business." France said sadly.

"We regretted the way we treated them and still do," Spain said, "They barely even talk to us now, they only do unless it's for business. Same with South America."

All three of them felt tears come up, as they thought about how they treated their first children who now barely talked to them, and South America who hated the way their cousins were treated so they only talked to them for business too.

15 of their children didn't bother talking to them anymore.

And it hurt.

But it was their faults.

 "How could you all do this to them?" Panama asked.

"I don't know," England said, "But we're gonna make this right."

They all nodded.

"You all better," Australia said stepping up to his fathers, "We didn't know then what we know now. But now that we do, you better make this right" He stepped up even closer to the three, "Or else you didn't just lose 15 kids," he motioned to all of their other children in the room and himself, "You lost all of them." The former colonies all nodded, some shook their head at their parents before walking out the room and heading up to bed.

"We'll make this right," England said.

The other two nodded.

"We have too." Spain said.

Losing 15 children hurt.

But losing all of them was gonna was gonna hurt even more.

Yeah they were empires but they were also parents, they were fathers.

Who had failed their first four children.

They were gonna make this right and repair their broken relationship with North America even if it killed them.

Because they were gonna step up and be the parents.

Be the fathers.

That they should have been.

That their children had deserved.

And still do.

But would North America give them the chance?

We'll just have to wait and see.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This seemed a bit depressing in a way, which as most of you who read my other stories know is a big change, but I did say that I would try to make this as depressing as I could. 

And next chapter may most likely be when America is sent back to his country since I'm running out of ideas again but I do have two tho, do you guys have any other ideas on what I should put in the next chapter?

Also I put up a note last night at like 8 or 9 about a very serious thing that's been going on. Please go see it especially if your an author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3K 40
A fanfic based off of "Memories of Old" By SliverAmyhestanimelover (I cant spell) so credits to them for the idea -- America seems to have it easy wi...
14.1K 627 16
Reader x America fan fiction. You have liked Alfred ever since you were eight. At first you thought the feelings would fade but no. Your feelings...
64.5K 2.6K 52
After WW2 Germany is seen as a monster. Because of him, Prussia was dissolved and is forced to live with Russia. Because of him, millions died and ma...
43.9K 1.3K 24
Confedrancy won, America's dead. The United States of America is now the United Confederate States of America. The whole world wants the good ole U.S...