Addiction (series 2) - Avneil

By solusprimusdeus

No prior knowledge of any TV series is needed to read this. It can be read as pure romance! Added English tra... More

The darkness in Her
Damsel in distress
One love
To love is to protect
Beginning of Dayawanti's end
Cupid Monsoons
A walk to remember
End of the night
A raid and a wedding
Deception
Redemption..
Cleansing the soul..
Debt of the past
Comfortably numb.
D-day
Husband and wife?
Another rainy day.
Getting Re-Addicted!
Where dreams are true
Settling in.
Sweet nothings..
Old eyes.
A Sunday well spent..
Footprints in the sands of time..
Sunshine after the rains?
The accident
Struggle
The rescue
Fighting for love
Revenge is black
In the center of darkness
The hunt
The game
Sleepless in hospital
Love in hospital!
Consciousness
The last day
Small things
Fly in the ointment
Comfortably number
Us and Them
Coming back to life..
Learning to fly..
Staring and caring
Hamsafar (Fellow traveler)
Bliss and sun
The Unspoken
Real estate with memories
Motivation?
Just another brick in the wall..
Et tu brute?
Run like hell
Holiday time
Mind games
Death knell
Witch hunt
Fight back
Finding her
Dark light
Journey to home
A new day
Routine
Poisonous apple
Her versus Them
Addiction
Side effects
Dog with the bone
Skeletons
Changing times
Friendships
Regrets
Decisions
Goodbyes
Juhi ..
Update
Blood bath
Tick tick
Realizations
Shikaayatein (Complaints)
The touch
Keep talking
Wordless
Hey you!
Attempts
The place they call home
A little help goes a long way
Aii dil hai mushkil (It is difficult, my heart)
Time has wings
The last night
Separation?
Roller coaster ride
Under the flowers
Jannat (heaven)
Nirvana
Epilogue
Bonus !
Bonus and promotion!
Question
Hitting the base!
Shagun (auspicious offering )
Distances
Neil
The wait
Out of heart
Huts and rats
Fear
Clarification
Rush
A Failure
Escape room

Raghu Pandit

3.8K 215 2
By solusprimusdeus

It was a week now since Dayawanti's reputation had gone down in the market along with her credibility. She had been banking on Prakash's son Neil's marriage with her grand daughter Riya to tide them over the crisis. Unable to raise her own money, her eyes were now on Prakash's money and Neil's inheritance to keep Mehta mansion afloat.

She wanted to rush the wedding forward, however Prakash had been away on a sudden business trip abroad, he was busy in some large project whose tender had been just awarded to them. Prakash knew that Dayawanti was debt-ridden and not rich anymore as he was up to date with market. But his views on the wedding did not change with that. He would do as his son liked, and if his son liked Riya so be it!

Neil on the other hand had been unable to reach his dad as well. He was himself occupied with a human trafficking case that had required his entire time and energy. Neil was doing a lot of late nights at office and was also disappointed to get a message from Ananya that she was unable to meet him last weekend. He had been looking forward to it but respected her wishes. He knew she must have been involved in something important to not be able to meet. Neil did not second-guess his loved ones much, nor was he a doubting kind despite the nature of his job. However he was quick to understand what is happening, and with Ananya he was totally at comfort.

Ananya could not meet Neil as she had some unexpected work to cover loose ends related to her trap for Dayawanti. Step one was over, which was to destroy Dayawanti's ability to raise more money from banks. Dayawanti could only hope to get money from Riya's wedding with Neil, which Ananya wanted to ensure does not happen as step two of her plan - and also to protect Neil from the Mehta family.

Neil was busy in going through the human trafficking case files when he received a text. His heart leaped up when he saw Ananya's name and a smile came over his tired face. It seems Ananya was finally free and wanted to meet Neil over a cup of tea in the evening in a famous cafeteria by an old play theater. Neil smiled as he imagined himself and Ananya in those romantic settings during monsoon time. He messaged her back saying he will be coming.

DD walked in as soon as Neil had finished messsaging Ananya.

DD (shouting to someone outside as he entered Neil's cabin) - "Arre koi sir ke liye garama garam chai aur pakode lao."( Someone get tea and snacks for sir)

He then saluted Neil - "Jai hind sir! Aapke liye chai order ki hai"( I've ordered tea for you sir)

Neil - "Uski koi zaroorat nahi DD. Main aaj chai thoda late piyunga, shaam ko."( No need DD. I'll have tea a little late today, in the evening)

DD was amazed at this but said nothing and shouted outside again to cancel the order.

DD - "Sirji! Wo girls and children ki trafficking ke maamle mein hame major breakthrough hua hai. We have got an insider member in their gang who is ready to turn into a police informer if he is pardoned."(Sir. We've had a major breakthrough in the women and children trafficking case.)

Neil - "That is excellent! Uski saari information mujhe laake do. Let me decide how we want to go about this. Aur DD, kal raat ki raid ki saari preparations on hai?"( Get me his entire information. And DD. What's the preparation status for tomorrow night's raid?)

DD - "Sir on to hai. As you said we have kept the location and details of raid a secret from our team as well. Taki kisi tarah ki information leak na ho. You and officers hand selected by you only will participate in the raid."( Sir preparation is on....so that no type of information leaks.)

Neil - "Good DD. Ek aur naam hai jo mujhe in files mein mila hai - Raghu Pandit. It seems he is the kingpin of this entire racket. But no one has seen him or talked to him. He is very smart and works through his goons only. For all we know, the name Raghu pandit might be an alias and his real name would be something else!"(..a name that I've found in the files - raghu pandit...)

DD - "ok sir. Main abhi iss kaam pe lag jaata hoon. To see if any of our sources know more about Raghu Pandit !'"( OK sir. I'll get down to this work...)

Neil - "Excellent work DD. you can leave now"

DD (grinning ear to ear) - "thank you sirji!"

Neil went back to his files till his alarm went off and he saw he was just in time to reach the cafe that Ananya had messaged to him. Neil left a message with his PA (personal assistant ) and then took the police car out himself to drive to the cafe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 2.9K 21
Since they ended Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke so abruptly that they didn't even show the things we as audience deserved to watch so yeah I will be writi...
77.6K 4.4K 34
A series of one shots & short stories taking place post Abhira's divorce track!
235K 29.2K 105
SHE LOVES DEEPLY REGARDLESS OF THE LOVE SHE GETS BACK IN RETURN , AND IT IS BOTH HER BIGGEST STRENGTH AND HER BIGGEST WEAKNESSπŸ’˜ A shivika tale, ...
39K 2.3K 23
Hello, this is a compilation of short stories and OS's I wanted for Abhira post the 6 year leap πŸ™‚ #1 Abhimanyu: 06/10/23 #1 AbhimanyuBirla: 11/13/2...