Operation: Stay Alive

By alyssa4everr

Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents deci... More

Welcome
♦ Chapter 1 || Their 'Business' Trip ♦
♦ Chapter 2 || I'm So Sorry ♦
♦️ Chapter 3 || Who doesn't like Cake♦️
♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️
♦️ Chapter 5 || Snow Day ♦️
♦️ Chapter 6 || Drunk Jake ♦️
♦️ Chapter 7 || Teddy is Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️
♦️ Chapter 9 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️
♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️
♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️
♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️
♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️
♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️
♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️
♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️
♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️
♦️ Chapter 21 || Beginners Luck ♦️
♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️
♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️
♦️ Chapter 24 || It's My Fault ♦️
♦️ Chapter 25 || Best Day Ever ♦️
♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️
♦️ Chapter 28 || Movie Night ♦️
♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️
♦️Chapter 30 || Secrets ♦️
♦️ Chapter 31 || I Half Lied ♦️
♦️ Chapter 32 || Do You Have Any Queens ♦️
♦️ Chapter 33 || Go get 'em big boy ♦️
♦️ Chapter 34 || It's Never Too Cold For Ice Cream ♦️
♦️ Chapter 35 || That's My Girl ♦️
♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️
♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️
♦️ Chapter 39 || Wait Whatttttt? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 40 || Let's Do It♦️
♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️
♦️ Chapter 42 || Whipped ♦️
♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️
♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️
♦️ Chapter 45 || So This is What My Life Has Become? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️
♦️ Chapter 47 || Who? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 48 || Why? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 49 || What Are You Going to Do? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 50 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 51 || Home ♦️
♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️
Thank You

♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️

18.8K 580 453
By alyssa4everr

Chapter 26 || Despacito
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

  "Eeeeekkkk!" Bridget squealed through the phone causing me to pull the phone away from my ear, "I can't believe it OMiGOD!"

I chuckle as she flips out.

"He... I mean we...." She breathes heavily with excitement, I could tell she was jumping on her bed, "WE KISSED!"

My mouth dropped, "You and Asher?!"

She screams into the phone again, "I'm his girlfriend!"

I laugh as she yells with joy, she has only wanted this her entire life.

"I'm so happy for you" I cheered, "Do you want to..."

"Oh gotta go that's him on the phone! Bye luv ya!" She says in one breathe and hangs up before I can finish my sentence.

I sigh and lie down on my bed, there go my plans for the day.

I hold up my phone and dial my mom's number. It rings until I get lead to her voice mail, "Hey mom it's me Nicole. Just wanted to talk to you guys. I miss you... um... It's been a while since we've talked. When are you coming home? Okay, I'll call you later. Love you. Bye."

I hang up and dial my dad's number, it rings twice and i hear my dad's happy voice on the other end, "Nicole! Hi honey I miss you!"

"Dad! Hi! I miss you too. How has England been?" I ask.

He sighs, "Pretty rough, not gonna lie."

"Awe I'm sorry" I say, "when do you guys think you'll be home."

"I think we'll be home in..."

"Hi Nicole honey, this is your mother. We're in a very busy meeting right now an can't talk. Call us later, Bye."

And the line went dead.

"Bye. Love you." I say slowly as I drop my phone into my lap.

I rub my now watery eyes and change into running clothes. I put my sneakers on and run right out of the house.

I run around the neighborhood three times before running to the place where Jake showed me yesterday.

I reach the park and run right into the forest. In what seemed like forever I finally reach the beautiful lake with a water fall. I take off my shoes and put my feet in the cool water. I stay there and look up at the sky, watching the clouds to see what shapes I can make out of them.

I stayed there till the sky shifted colors and ran back to Jake's house.

I walked into the kitchen to find Jake cooking a lovely dinner for three - Jill, Jake, and Me.

I didn't ask what it was, I was just glad someone made food. I was so busy staring at the clouds I forgot to eat lunch.

I sat at the table as Jake began to set the table. He had made lasagna with garlic bread and a side of salad.

I wait for everyone to sit down before eating. Jill sat across from me and Jake sat next to me.

"Thank you for the meal Jake" I say and take a bite out of the lasagna, "It's delicious!"

Jill nods, "It is! It's better than mine."

"I had a great teacher" Jake says referring to Jill.

Once we finish dinner Jake asks if I want Ice cream... how could I say no to ice cream?

I grabbed two bowls an handed one to Jake. He scooped vanilla ice cream into each bowl and topped it off with whipped cream and sprinkles.

I walked over to the couch and Jake put on the TV, "Finding Dory?" He asks and I nod.

The movie plays and about half way through I drift asleep.

It was cold and dark, I looked up and saw a white hard surface with little light but I kept drifting down. I heard screaming but I couldn't do anything, I couldn't move. I felt my body slowly begin to feel numb and my eyes began drifting shut until I felt a pair of hands wrap around my body from behind me and pull me away. I tried screaming but found myself unable to breath.

"Nicole!" I heard Jake shout as he began shaking me, "Wake up. It's only a nightmare. It's okay."

I shakily sat up and instinctively wrapped my arms around him and started crying, "It was horrible. It felt so real."

Jake wraps his arms around me and rubs my head, "It's okay nothing will hurt you."

We decided not to finish the rest of the movie and head straight to bed. I was to horrified to sleep alone so we made a fort and slept in the living room.

And that's what I did for the next couple of days. I'd wake up, change, eat breakfast, and run to this spot. I'd sit and watch the clouds every day - sometimes Jake came with me and sometimes he didn't -  I'd go to sleep and have the same nightmare over and over again. But it never felt like a nightmare, it always felt real, like was happening right in that moment. I only realized it was a dream when Jake would be hovering over me waking me up. 

As each night passed my dreams started to become worse and sometimes I wouldn't be asleep when they came.

Through all of this Jake was always by my side, he kept making sure I was okay. I'm not sure why but every time I tell him it was that dream again he does everything in his power to make me feel comfortable. For instance, he took me on a ride on his motorcycle - which I now have become quite fond of - bought me ice cream and even took me to build a bear to make my own stuffed animal. Jake insisted because I kept telling him how Teddy was lonely.

I ended up getting a black and white bear with cute little pajamas and named him Jody. Jake also insisted that he record his own voice and put it in the bear.

Jake recorded, "Heyyy princess. How are you doing?" he chuckled "Come give me a hug. C'mon, one hug" he paused "Feel better? I know I do" he chuckled again, "If you ever need anything I'll always be here for you, always" and then he blew a little kiss.

My heart slowly melted away.

He handed me Jody, "The next time your scared, squeeze this little guy's hand and I'll be there."

I smiled and took Jody from his hands, "Thanks Jake."

He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled, "Anytime princess"

We smiled at each other and Jake shouted, "Happy New Year!" so that everyone in build a bear - only us and a few toddlers - could hear.

I laugh and shove him lightly, "Not until it's January 1st."

He rolls his eyes, "Happy New Year's Eve!"

He looks down at me, "Better?"

"Shhhhhhh you idiot" I say hiding my face with my hood.

He winks at me, "You know you love me."

I roll my eyes as he leads me out of the mall and onto his motorcycle.

"Feeling better?" He asks as he lifts me onto the motorcycle causing my heart to race.

I nod "Much better"

He slides onto the motorcycle, after placing a helmet on my head, and drives off.

"Where are we going? It's getting late?" I shout from behind him as he has been driving for what seems like ages, "Jody is getting motorcycle sick."

He shakes his head,"If he throws up he will not be allowed on ever again"

"A little stuffing never hurt anyone" I spike back

He laughs, "We're almost there. It's the last day of the year, I figured we'd have a little fun" emphasis on the fun.

I shake my head and laugh.

Jake pulls up to the boxing gym shortly after, he hops of the bike and when he is off he lifts me up and carries me into the gym.

"I can walk you know?" I say swatting his shoulder.

He shrugs "I like carrying you" and finishes his sentence with one of those million dollar smiles and a wink.

When we are in the gym he sets me down. The gym was deserted which is rare, this place is always booked. I looked at him with curiosity, what did he do?

He chuckles, "I booked the place for the rest of the night"

I give him a blank stare and blink.... what?

"I figured you needed to be in a place where you feel comfortable and relax. A place where your walls go down and you feel... happy" He pauses and whispers in my ear, "No one is coming in here till tomorrow"

I blush as his lips graze my ear and his hand wraps around my waist leading to the open area.

He suddenly stops and rushes to the speakers in the corner and turns on the radio, "You know it's been a while since I've seen you dance" he walks back to me with a cheeky grin while swaying to the upbeat music.

I shake my head, "that was a one time thing. I haven't moved in days... I'm not dancing"

He gives me a pouty face as I cross my arms, "But you were so good!" He admits.

I shake my head... I promised myself no one would know I dance, that's too much attention.

"I've seen you dance before..."

I do nothing and he sighs, "If you won't dance yourself, I'll have to make you dance"

I roll my eyes... try all you want I am not dancing.

The song changes and of course the worlds catchiest song comes on the radio, Despacito.

I groan in frustration and Jake laughs knowing that their will be no way I can escape the catchy tunes of Despacito... but Jake won't win that easy.

I watch Jake as he begins to dance my way. I shift my body so that my back is now facing him, which ended up being a poor choice on my part because Jake slides his arms around me and sways to the music.

"C'mon Nic. You know you want to" He starts to turn with me in his arms - I on the other hand refuse to move and let my feet drag on the ground as he moves. He just holds me tightly and keeps moving, dragging feet and all.

Resist Nicole Resist

He chuckles as I tense.

He grabs my hand, spins me around and just like that I broke.

"I knew you couldn't resist" He laughs with a cheeky grin.

"Shut up and dance" I say as he twirls me back towards him. He large hands wraps around the small of my back as he leads me.

The music carries us throughout the entire gym.

Jake looks nowhere but in my eyes and I can't help but look back with a smile on my face which Jake seems to mirrors.

My hand rests in his neck and he holds me tight and lifts me up. His hands slide down to the back of my upper thigh for support as he leans back with me in the air. I couldn't help but rest my forehead against his and my hands wrapped around his neck and chuckle as he twirls effortlessly. He slides one hand up to my face and brushes my hair our of my face.

He gives me a devilish grin which breaks my smile as he says "Ready?"

I give him a confused look before realizing what Jake is about to do.

He steadies his stands and effortlessly throws me into the air. My hair flies all over the place and a smile grows on my lips as a small shriek escapes my mouth.

I seemed to be in the air for what seemed like forever. I seemed to be frozen in mid air and everything is moving in slow motion.

My cheeks began to hurt from my smile, I don't remember the last time I was this happy.

Before I knew it I came tumbling down.

I shriek as Jake catches me bridal style. I look up at him and he smirks, "Scared I would drop you?"

He twirls me around so that he is holding me in the position we were in before he threw me.

I place my hands on his cheeks and with an equally cheeky grin I say "Not for a second"

He laughs and slowly puts me back on the floor as the music begins to slow down.

He places one of his hands in my own and the other on my waist. I rest my free hand on his shoulder.

I look up at Jake, he was atleast two heads taller than me.

Jake pulls me closer till our chests were touching and my feet were resting on his. He leads me around the room.

I rest my head on his chest and felt his heart beating. It was quite quick but his breath was steady. Where did he learn to dance?

I felt my eyes drift to a close and Jake held me tighter. I no longer was moving, Jake was moving me. He let out a soft chuckle as I grew tired and swiftly lifted me off the ground. He carried me bridal style to the boxing ring which wasn't just a boxing ring anymore - looking closer at it with my drooping eyes I noticed pillows and two sleeping bags.

Jake slide under the ropes, with me in his arms, and approached the sleeping bags. He went to kneeling position and gently rested me on one of the bags - I yawn in the process.

"Tired Princess?" Jake questions cheekily.

I nod in return.

As Jake goes to lie down next to me when the gym door bursts open. I shoot up completely startled as Jake rubs his hand against the back of his neck with an awkward smile.

"JAKEEEE" someone with a very familiar voice shouts as they run over towards us which is followed by a few more people.

I give Jake a very confused look as Dan, Dylan, Asher and Bridget run over towards the ring.

As if Jake read my mind he says, "I may accidentally told Dan who told them and invited them selves to come...." he glares at Dan, "But I didn't actually think they would come."

I chuckle as Dan trips over the boxing rope and falls flat on his face. He quickly stands up dusts him self off. Dans looks around in awe, "So this is the famous gym that made Nicole a fighter?"

He looks at me with a wink, "Speaking of Nic, how are you? The last time I saw you you were kinda frozen."

Thank you for that painful reminder Dan.

I brush my hair out of my face and say "Fine, How are you?"

He shrugs, "Could be better but ehh."

"Nicolleeeeee!" Bridget squeals as she sees me. She rushes over to me and gives me a warm hug as she practically squeezes my brains out, "I've missed you."

"Missed you too Bridget" I say with a yawn.

I hear a giant pop come from the corner where Dan and Dylan are standing, "Let's get this party started." Dan has popped open a giant bag of chips and Dylan rolls out everyone's sleeping bag.

I look at Jake and Jake looks back - we both share the same hopeless look.

Before we could even say anything a giant bowl of chips was placed between us, "Here you two love birds are" Dan states casually as he gives us the bowl.

Jake and I awkwardly move. "Oh no we aren't...You know.... No" We both seem to say simultaneously.

Dan rolls his eyes and walks away, "keep telling yourself that."

Jake looks at the time on the watch I gave him "11:55" is all he says.

I nod and take a bite of a chip before I lie back down on my sleeping bag, "I don't usually stay up this late" I say through yawns.

He chuckles and lies down next to me, "I can tell."

I laugh at myself, "I might not be able to stay awake."

Jake looks at me.

"Yeah, I know I'm weird..."

Jake puts his finger against my lips causing me to shut up, "You are not weird. Not one bit. It takes strength go to sleep when everyone else is awake... especially on New Years. Other people would stay up cause everyone else is and end up feeling sick the next morning" He pauses and looks at me with a smile, "I admire you."

I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks.

He casually moves his large arm under my head which forces me to rest my head against him.

"So... You're one hell of a dancer little princess." He states with a full on grin plastered on his face.

I look up at him completely embarrassed, why? I don't know.... I just was. I shove my face in his shirt in order to hide, but it fails cause he uses his free hand and places it under my chin and forces me to look into his eyes.

"You're cute when your embarrassed" He chuckles.

I shake my head and rest on his chest as I look up the the sky light window showing the moon.

"11:58!" Dan shouts.

"OMiGOD!" I hear Bridget shout as Asher chuckles.

I stare at the moon as my eyes become heavier and heavier.

"11:59!"

Jake begins to rub the top of my head and softly hum a slow little tune making my eyes come to a close as I snuggle against him subconsciously.

"5" they all shout except Jake and I.

Jake continues to hum me to sleep.

"4"

"3"

"Nicole?" He says under his breath.

"mhmm" I mumble.

"2"
I lightly feel Jake's face come closer to the top of my head. His breath was warm and steady and smelled of mint.

"1"

I felt something soft and warm placed on my forehead.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" everyone screamed.

It calmed me and allowed me to fall into a deep sleep.

"Happy New Year Princess" Jake whispers.

And it wasn't until then that I realize that Jake had kissed my forehead.... JAKE HAD KISSED ME!!!

• • •

AWEEEE how cute

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
471K 24.4K 55
He's the guy moms warn their daughters about. Bold, outspoken, and self-confident, Brian O'Brien returns to his hometown only to discover some things...
12.4K 149 17
Phoebe Monroe, gorgeous and intelligent, known by everyone. Phoebe is feared by the school, anyone who comes across her path, actually. Her grades ar...
181K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...