Night Changes | Unexpected Se...

By HarrysHighNote

Second book in the Unexpected series. "We're only getting older baby And I've been thinking about it lately D... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1: Flirty Captains & Floatation Devices
Chapter 3: Lego Chips & Kale Salads
Chapter 4: Tosser Harry & Quirky Beth
Chapter 5: Two Cows & Pudding Arse
Chapter 6: Wet Water & Grinning Fools
Chapter 7: Chocolate Croissants & Victoria's Secrets
Chapter 8: Mile Highs & Strategic Pastries
Chapter 9: Beef Stir Fry & Surprise Boxes
Chapter 10: Swan Boots & Little Devils
Chapter 11:Belly Button Boobs & Bathroom Floors
Chapter 12: One One's & Harry Harry's
Chapter 13: Playing Dirty & Entitled Bearers
Chapter 14: Official Girlfriends & Farm Animals
Chapter 15: Me & Mrs Jones
Chapter 16: Dinner & A Show
Chapter 17: Ice Cubes & Neck Ties
Chapter 18: Kinky Shit & Self Control
Chapter 19: Forbidden Thrills & Smooth Diamonds
Chapter 20: Apron Strings & Bloody Dropkicks

Chapter 2: Main Meals & Dying Ducks

2.7K 175 83
By HarrysHighNote

Harry's POV

We make our way through the passageway to the private plane awaiting us on the tarmac.

I had persuaded Beth that this would be much easier and hopefully less intrusive on us. Or at least give us extra time to ourselves in case my fans cottoned on to where we were.

I glance over my shoulder to see the boys behind me, Nick on his phone and his headphones in like most teenagers these days.

Shit I sound just like a dad.

Jamie is just giddy with excitement now, no longer anxious as he was this morning when Beth patiently went over our schedule with him over breakfast.

I've learned that he's not one for change and needs to know what's going on in order to maintain a sense of order and control, more so for his own peace of mind.

I think back to when we went out for a picnic recently and ended up staying longer than we'd anticipated and the ensuring meltdown he had because of it and how draining it was for Beth mentally as she bore the brunt of it. He ended up being so contrite and apologetic over it but she took it in her stride and simply hugged him and replied, 'I know.'

She casually walks behind the boys, like she's herding us all.

Well she is a sheep farmer.

Harold you are indeed one hilarious chap.

I laugh internally at my joke when I feel my hand being gently squeezed and I look down to see Chloe skipping along as she smiles up at me and I return it just as easily.

Yes you have me wrapped around your little finger Princess.

The cool air greets us as we exit from inside the building and out onto the tarmac, the airport staff guiding our path towards the airplane.

The two pilots are standing next to the stairs chatting to themselves as we walk up and one of them smiles in greeting before turning and walking up the stairs and disappearing inside the plane.

The remaining pilot extends his hand for me to shake and I return it as he welcomes us.

I've barely answered him before he moves onto Beth and gives her a handshake as well.

A much longer handshake.

A two-handed handshake.

That's really quite enough I think.

He completely ignores me as we head over to the stairs, his whole conversation is with Beth.

But it's when he compliments her and calls her a beautiful woman that I decide enough is enough.

Not that she isn't but he's definitely overstepping the pilot-passenger boundaries in my book.

I let go of her hand and wrap it around her shoulder, pulling her close to me and earning a funny kind of squeak out of her. I look down at her and realise I might be kind of squishing her a bit too hard.

And not in a good way.

I ease my grip on her slightly.

That is until he mentions there's a bed on the plane.

Before I can help it, my grip tightens on her again.

I quickly shoo the kids up the stairs and then Beth, putting myself between her and Captain Fancypants here.

We reach the doorway of the plane and the kids are beyond excited as they make their way to the seats at the front with Beth trailing behind them.

I watch as she stops to adjust their seatbelts and make sure they're comfortable before she moves further down the back.

I hope she goes to the very back of the plane.

"Good morning Mr. Styles," a voice breaks my concentration, "welcome aboard."

"Please call me Harry...uh," I say as I smile at the flight attendant, before glancing down at her name tag, "Carla."

"If you insist...Harry," she returns my smile with enthusiasm, "lovely day for flying isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah I guess," I reply.

No different than any other day really.

"You know," she lowers her voice, "I really shouldn't say but I'm a massive fan of yours..."

Of course.

"Thank you," I smile and nod, "I appreciate it."

She lays her hand on my arm and normally it wouldn't bother me but nowadays it does.

"You should make your way to your seat Harry," she gives my arm a gentle squeeze, "the pilot will want to take off rather shortly."

"Thanks," I say before I head back to where Beth is seated with Carla right behind me.

I move to sit next to Beth but Carla puts her arm on mine again to stop me.

"Oh the seatbelt isn't working on that seat, you'll have to sit elsewhere," she says, "I'm terribly sorry."

Beth's head snaps around and the smile on her face is tight.

I go to protest but she waves me off.

"Just sit over there Harry, it's fine," she says, but again, her smile doesn't seem to quite reach her eyes.

I let out a sigh, a mixture of annoyance and disappointment before resigning myself to the fact and sit across the aisle from Beth, putting my leather carry-on bag between my feet before buckling my seatbelt.

I jump in surprise when a couple of hands touch mine, pulling the belt tighter.

Much tighter than I would like.

I look up to see Carla's chest and quickly move my gaze up higher, only to see her smiling at me again before standing up, completely oblivious to my discomfort of having her tits in my face.

I politely decline her offer of a drink and watch as she nods before walking off.

Thank god.

I look over at Beth, only to find her with her arms crossed and a glare on her face.

Surely it couldn't be over Carla.

I mean, she has nothing on my Beth.

"Beth," I call out to her.

Nothing.

"Beth!" I say a little louder, finally gaining her attention.

"What?" she asks in a short tone.

Okay.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Are you serious?" she replies, "you genuinely have no idea?"

I don't and I shake my head to indicate as such.

"The way she treated me compared to you just then was ridiculous and the fact she was practically in your lap just then...I mean..." she trails off, "I got no welcome smile, no offer of a drink then and nor did she feel the need to touch me," she says before turning and looking out the window.

She's angry because she didn't get a drink?

Wait.

"You're jealous," I say and immediately kick myself for saying it.

"That's what you took from that?" she asks incredulously.

I know, I know but...

I start to giggle because I know I just felt the same over that bloody wanker of a pilot.

I'm about to tell her that when we're interrupted by said pilot welcoming us aboard and that we need to pay attention to the online safety video so I focus on Carla as she goes through the motions.

Could his timing be any better?

I try to focus on watching the safety drill intently when I hear a giggle and then a snort next to me and I turn to see Beth covering her mouth up and trying not to laugh.

What did I miss?

"What are you laughing at?" I whisper.

"Floatation devices," she whispers from behind her hand.

The life raft?

"What's so funny about our safety?" I ask in confusion.

Beth shakes her head and sighs, still leaving me confused.

"Beth..." I call her name but the light comes on indicating that our seatbelts need to be fastened for take-off. She gives me a dirty look before pulling her phone out and putting her earbuds in. I call her name again but she folds her arms over her chest again and turns around so her back is facing me.

Bloody stubborn woman!

But she's my woman.

Woman...

Now that would make a great song title Harold.

The rumble of the plane shakes me from my dreaming and I wait impatiently for us to be up in the air and the minute the seatbelt sign turns off, I'm out of my seat and straight over to Beth.

I pull the earbuds out of her ears and put my hands on her sweet face, turning her head so she has no choice but to look at me.

"I wasn't laughing at you love," I smile, "I was laughing at the whole thing."

She gives me nothing but a blank look.

"I didn't like the way the pilot was fawning all over you to be honest," I say.

"He was being a bit of a dick but that's it Harry," she replies.

Well yes, but he clearly wanted Beth on his dick.

And the only dick to be had around here is mine.

"He called you beautiful and shook your hand far too long than was appropriate," I say and I realise I sound like a...

Like a jealous person.

"Only I'm allowed to call you beautiful," I mutter before I lean across and kiss her on the lips before I make an even bigger fool of myself than I already have.

"I'm sorry she was rude to you love," I say as I pull away grinning, "so are you going to go and visit the cockpit?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Funny," she scoffs, "I might just do that now."

Fuck no.

We start giggling after I tell her, with some indignation that the only cock she will be visiting is mine but a sudden cough disturbs us.

"Can I get you anything Harry?" Carla asks.

A sudden hand on my thigh startles me before it moves closer to my groin, squeezing it and like a teenage boy I can feel myself harden straight away.

"I could use a water please," I manage to say, even though I'd rather have Beth's hand down my pants.

Rein it in Harold, you are not 13.

Carla gives a small smile before she turns to walk off.

"Excuse me?" Beth says, with a certain tone in her voice, causing Carla to stop and turn around.

Oh crap.

"Am I fucking invisible here?" she asks.

And there it is and I inadvertently let out a groan.

"Are you ever going to ask me if I'd like anything?" she asks Carla, "you've asked Harry and my children but not me."

Carla takes a deep breath and puts a smile on her face.

"Can I get you anything to eat or drink?" she asks.

"Well I'm right for a snack," Beth replies as I feel her hand move right over my dick, "but I'd love a bottle of water too thanks," she smiles sweetly.

Carla's eyes widen and she quickly turns around and bids a hasty retreat.

"I can't believe you just said that," I hiss in embarrassment at the same time I try to will my boner to disappear.

Hang on.

What's this bloody snack business?

I turn my head towards her and gently nuzzle her nose with mine.

"I'm slightly disappointed you called little Harold a snack," I whisper, "I thought it was more of a main meal..." I trail off as Beth wets her lips with her tongue.

Fuck me she's not helping my cause.

"My bad," she replies, "I'll admit my mouth was quite full when you fucked it last night..."

I inhale sharply, closing my eyes as Beth starts to run her hand up and down my groin and my thoughts instantly drift back to last night and how she let me take complete control of her.

I'd never had a girl...I should say woman, let me be like that before.

It was more than domination...it was...forceful.

It was-

"Water?" a rather annoyed voice stops my reminiscing and I open my eyes and take the bottles of water from Carla, offering a short 'thank you' in return.

I turn my attention back to Beth, wanting to continue where we might have hopefully been kind of going.

But her protesting and subsequent laughing before she pushes me away has me thinking about last night again and I lean in and hold her by her wrists.

"Are you telling me 'no' again?" I whisper, "just like you did last night?"

"If I remember correctly, you very much liked being told no," she replies and admittedly I did.

A lot.

I bite my lip to stop myself from letting out a groan and reluctantly pull away, both hands gripping the leather of the seat as I close my eyes and breathe deeply.

As much as I want to try and join the mile-high club with Beth, her unfortunate motion sickness and Carla's staring eye are denying me entry it seems.

"You're going to be the death of me woman," I sigh with a smile and open one eye up to look at her.

She takes another sip and returns my smile before leaning back and resting her head on my shoulder, her deep breathing soon evening out and I know she's fallen asleep.

I lean my head on hers and again I start thinking about last night.

My fingers pressed into her thighs as I pushed them apart, my hands wrapped around her wrists as I held them above her head, the sounds we made after I entered her and how her tongue sucked on my fingers when they were in her mouth.

Would it be a really bad thing if I went to the bathroom and rubbed one out right now?

Yes Harold, it probably would.

You're not thirteen you know.

I let out another frustrated sigh and hope that Beth will be able to put me out of my misery later tonight.

In a good way.

~~~~~~

We make our way off the plane and Beth hurries herself and the kids ahead of me, smiling sweetly over her shoulder as she tells me I can say goodbye to the crew of the plane.

How convenient of her.

Once I join them, our driver starts the short drive to take us to Legoland.

The kids are beyond excited, talking back and forth at what they want to buy and when Beth quietly reminds them that they can't purchase too much as she can't fit it all in their suitcases, momentarily has me realising that they'll have to return home soon.

I can't think about that now.

I don't want to think about that now.

The kids are still going on about what they want and I try and discreetly wink at them to let know that I'll buy them whatever they want but of course, Beth catches me.

"Something in your eye Harry?" she asks, the kids starting to giggle that she caught me out.

"Have I told you I love you today?" I try and change the subject and throw in my dimple to distract her.

"Don't try and change the subject," she narrows her eyes, "and no, you haven't."

Damn.

I decide my safest option at this point is to just shut up and enjoy the drive, which doesn't last long because the moment the kids spot the entrance, all silence is shattered.

It takes us longer than expected to make it through the front entrance and past the check in counter because I swear the kids stop and look at every single thing made from Lego.

We finally make it to our room, I should say rooms as there's three of them but it's like a small apartment.

I swipe the card and open the door, letting them all go in ahead of me, the subsequent yelling lets me know that I think they approve.

Nice work there Harold.

"What have you done?" Beth asks me in a hushed and curious tone.

You'll see.

Beth takes off down the small hall and I follow her.

Or rather the noise of excited voices and find Chloe in her princess room.

"Look mama!" she jumps up onto the bed, "I'm a princess!"

"You certainly are," I agree.

Beth gives me a sideways glance.

Did I say that out loud?

"Catch me Harry!" she suddenly yells, giddy with excitement so I hold out my arms for her and she jumps off the bed and into them, "have you seen the boys room mama?" she asks Beth.

"No I haven't," she replies, giving me another look which I purposely avoid, "shall we go and take a look?"

We head on down to where the boys are and Chloe is quick to share in Jamie's enthusiasm whereas Nick is just coolly lounging on his bed.

"Would you like to see where we're sleeping?" I ask.

"I'd love to," she replies and goes to grab my hand but I have other ideas.

I bend down out of her reach and quickly scoop her up over my shoulder.

"Put me down!" she yells out as Jamie and Chloe giggle at her predicament.

I carry her down further on down the hall to our bedroom and unceremoniously throw her on our bed.

I'm about to follow suit and fall down on top of her when her attention is drawn to something else.

"What the hell is that?" she asks, pointing above her head.

"That would be a dragon, milady," I reply in my best posh English accent.

"Sorry what?" she looks at me incredulously.

"A dragon," I repeat, "I've chased it out of the kingdom, protecting my damsel in distress," I say, nose in the air and hands on his hips.

Harold you would totally kill it in a Shakespearean play.

However Beth lets out something that's a cross between a laugh and a snort and my focus is lost.

"Do I look like I'm in distress?" she sasses.

Just go along with it woman.

"Well, could you be?" I smirk.

She rolls her eyes at me and I can clearly see where Chloe gets it from.

"Help me! Help me!" she finally says with all the effort of a dying duck.

"You could put a bit more effort into it you know," I reply with a huff.

Again, she rolls her eyes.

I'm worried they might actually fall out at some point if she keeps this up.

"Okay," she sighs, "help! Help! Save me Sir Harold!" she throws a hand over her forehead for good measure, "I need you to save me!"

She then proceeds to dramatically throw herself backwards and I can see where she's going but it's like slow motion and I'm not quick enough to stop her as she rolls off and lands on the floor with a loud thud.

"Shit are you alright?" I scramble over the bed kneel down next to her.

My poor love's face is bright red as she covers it with her hands.

"You suck at saving damsels you know," she says through her muffled hands, "where were you to catch me when I'm falling?"

Oh my sweet girl.

"I promise to catch you for all the important stuff," I remind her, "but when you're going to do something like that, then you're on your own."

She starts to laugh and I bend down to kiss her.

"Seriously, are you okay?" I ask.

"Just my pride is hurt," she replies, "and possibly my arse."

You don't say?

"Would you like me to take a look for you?" I offer, a sly look on my face.

"Harry! Harry! Can we go out?" we suddenly hear Chloe calling from the other room.

Damn.

"I'll kiss it better later," I promise before I stand up and hold out my hands for her and pull her up off the floor, "let's go explore."

"Yay!" Chloe jumps up and down in excitement before pushing between Beth and I and grabbing my hand, "let's go Harry! Chop, chop!"

I look over at Beth who's trying not to laugh as I feel myself being pulled towards the door.

"Can we go shopping Harry?" Chloe asks, "please?"

"I suppose so...?" again I look over at her but all I'm met with is a shrug of her shoulders.

Well thanks very much.

"Let's go shopping then!" I say, waiting until we're all out of the room before closing the door behind us, giving Beth a quick pinch on the bum for good measure as she walks past me.

Hopefully I'll get more than just a pinch of it tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 25 50
Sequel to "Secrets Better Left Untold" "It feels so good to have her safe in my arms, but this won't last forever. I have to tell her what's going on...
151K 4.2K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
473K 25.1K 95
Set at the end of 2015, in which a last minute good deed by Harry sees him form an unlikely friendship with an older woman named Beth. Both are faci...
3.4K 178 34
BOOK TWO: Victoria Melbourne's life changed in a million ways when she met Harry Styles, the most important of which: she fell in love. But of all th...