Talex Who (Tobin/You)

By MackenzieGrace21

#1 in Tobin #1 in soccer When Y/N Y/L/N gets called up to the USWNT, she meets Tobin. She may not be Y/N's fa... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
Sequel

67

3.5K 75 3
By MackenzieGrace21

Alex
-

"Hey, Hugo." Coach says as I leave my dorm, so I look over.

"How can I help you?" I ask and she sighs.

"I need to ask you to stay away from those two soccer players you were just with. At least until after the games." She says and I furrow my brow.

"What? Why?"

"We don't want you guys to be distracted."

"We?"

"The soccer team's coaching staff and our coaching staff."

"So you don't want any distractions, but we'll be distracted by being pissed at the fact that we can't enjoy the fact that we're unable to enjoy this experience with our friends, with one of my best friends." I say before walking away.

"Where are you going, Hugo?"

"To work out, keep myself from getting distracted by one of the people that kept me focused on this sport. Kept me focused on what got you to come to my door, begging me to join the team." I say before following some of the girls out and to the practice field.

-
Y/N
-

I sigh as I get out of the shower after my workout and smile when I see Tobin looking at me with that lovey dovey expression of hers.

"Hi there, roomie." I say and she smiles as I walk over to her, towel drying my hair, in some shorts and a shirt I stole from Tobin's bag before my shower. She was off helping Alex with a little debate between her and Serv, so, why not, right?

"Is that my shirt?" She asks, wrapping her arms around me as she sits up and pulling me to sit straddling her lap.

"Hm, no, I think it's mine." I say, smiling as she slips the towel from my grasp and sets it to the side before cupping my cheek.

"Are you sure? Because I don't recall the love of my life being on the 2020 Thorns roster." Tobin says, tugging at the 2020 PTFC racer back shirt I was wearing.

"Pretty sure. I stole it from the love of my life, and I know she'll mind, but I don't really care, it was too big for her anyway." I say, putting my forehead to hers, smiling.

"Because it was for my girlfriend." Tobin says and I rest my arms on her shoulders, playing with her hair.

"Well, your girlfriend likes it." I say and laugh when she does before kissing her softly. "Also, go get a shower, you're still all gooey and sweaty, and yuck." I say and Tobin rolls her eyes at me, moving me to lay on the bed before getting her own shower. As she's showering, I get a text from Alex, so I check it and furrow my brow at what she's saying.

Newt: Our coaches aren't going to let us hang out during the games.

So I of course get up and go find Jill talking with Dawn in the lounge of our floor.

"Y/N, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Dawn asks and I sigh.

"I just got a text from Alex Hugo, she's on the softball team, she just told me something and I'm hoping it's a joke."

"Oh, about you three not being allowed to hang around each other? Yeah, it's a thing, the softball coach came to us with concerns about miss Hugo. It's her first Olympics, the coach just wants to make sure she performs her best while we're all here. It's nothing personal, believe me." Dawn says and I look at Jill.

"Is there a way I could speak to the softball team's coach? Tobin, Alex and I were planning on getting dinner, and maybe if I could convince the coach to let us have that one instance together, I could talk to Alex about this. I know her and she's probably pissed, and she works on her batting when she's pissed, I'd rather not have my best friend injure herself because the coach thinks she knows whats best for someone she barely knows. I know I can get Alex to understand why both coaches have agreed to this." I say and Jill sighs.

"Alright, fine, come on, I'll take you to her." Jill says and I nod as I follow Jill to the softball team's part of the floor. Ironic how we're on the same floor, but prohibited from seeing each other. When we find the softball coach, she stands and greets Jill before looking at me. "Y/N here was wondering if she could speak with you about the decision you've made."

"I'm not changing my mind, I need Alex to focus on these games."

"I understand that, trust me, I do. More than you know, Alex is a sister to me, we've been through some shit together. Which is why I know that if you refuse to let Alex see us for dinner tonight, she'll end up hurting herself, how long has she been on your roster?"

"A few months, why?"

"Because I'm assuming that you've noticed that when she's upset, she retreats to the batting cages."

"What's your point?"

"I can get through to Alex, explain that we all need her to focus and do well, for her first Olympics, and for U.S. Softball as a federation, we don't need a player like Alex to not deliver what we all know she's perfectly capable of delivering during Softball's return to the Olympic Games in what feels like forever." I say and watch as the coach considers what I'm saying. "All I'm asking is that you allow Tobin, Alex and I to have dinner tonight, I'll speak with her, and make sure she understands, that she's not upset, and what you do from there, is up to you. You're in charge of Alex, Jill is in charge of my girlfriend and I, you two can decide after tonight what you want to do." I finish and the coach nods.

"Alright, dinner tonight, if Hugo's mood improves from what it's been for the past few hours, we'll forget we ever tried to keep her from her friends, because maybe I was wrong." She says and I smile, shaking her hand.

"Thank you." I say before following Jill back to our section and head to mine and Tobin's room to see her laying on one of the beds.

"Hey, where'd you go?"

"I had something to fix, but it's all good now. You almost ready for dinner with Alex?" I ask and she nods, so I sit on the other bed and text Alex.

Got your coach to let us have dinner tonight, we need to talk about this situation. Get ready and meet us down in the main lounge on the first floor.

Newt: Alright, see you two down there.

"Let's go." I say to Tobin, who nods, getting up and following me down to the first floor to see Alex already waiting for us.

As we're eating our dinner, surrounded by almost every other Team USA member, Alex looks at me.

"You said we needed to talk about this mess. How'd you even get my coach to agree to this?"

"I have my charisma maxed out in my perk chart." I say and Alex rolls her eyes at me. "I just spoke with her and appealed to her interests." I say and Alex nods.

"So what is it you need to say?"

"That the coaching staff agreed to do this because they want you to do well for your debut in the Games, for U.S. Softball's debut back in the Games, I want you to kick ass on that diamond, Newt, I want to see you get gold. I know you can, but you can't do that if you stay upset about something that's obviously being done for your own good, because knowing you, you'll end up hurting yourself in the batting cages." I say and Alex sighs.

"Alright, fine. I guess I see why they're doing what they're doing, I see that I could hurt myself with how I cope. I'll try to be open minded about this whole thing now." Alex says as we all set our forks on our empty plates.

"That won't be necessary, I've changed my mind about keeping you three from spending time together." Alex's coach says, setting her hand on Alex's shoulder. "I see now that it's better that you spend time with your sister and her girlfriend, they keep you calm, and a mad Alex Hugo is an injured one, and I like seeing you happy way better than seeing you upset."

After a while of just talking, as we're all leaving, I'm on the right of the group, looking at my phone as Tobin and Alex talk, but I look up when I bump into someone and fall on my ass.

"Shit, my bad." He says, helping me up and taking my phone from one of his friends who picked it up. "Hope I'm not on a kill list or anything." He says and I chuckle, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Nah, don't worry. I shouldn't walk and text at the same time, when the person I'm texting is just a few floors above me." I say and he nods, so I walk away and over to Alex and Tobin, who were waiting for me.

"You alright?" Tobin asks, taking my hand and I nod.

-

We had our final group stage match the day before the Opening Ceremonies, which really sucked because we all knew we'd be stuck in recovery, not at the ceremony, like always. Yet we were still given our Opening Ceremony uniforms. Made no sense, but at least they had half a mind to include those who won't be there.

"Y/N!" I hear Jill call out as I'm tying my cleats, so I look up to see her wave me over, I groan and look at my half tied cleats, but get up and walk over anyway. "Change of plan,"

"I'm not going in goal."

"No, you're not. We're pulling you off the back line and starting you up front with Mal and Tobin." Jill says and I shrug.

"You're not breaking my heart." I say and Jill nods.

"That's all for now." She says and I nod, going back over to my locker so I can tie my cleats.

"What was that about?" Tobin asks, poking her head out of her locker as I sit back in my chair.

"Jill moved me up front with you and Mal, so yeah."

"You seem upset though."

"Nah, just, hoping these games don't end up like Rio." I say and Tobin sighs, reaching over and grabbing my hand.

"Look at me." She says, so I look up and meet her eyes. "It's been four years, you've won two league championships, and carried this team on your back to another World Cup title, I think you'll be able to do better than what terrible things you think you did back in Rio." Tobin says and I sigh.

"I dunno, Tob." I say and Tobin sighs, looking at me, before moving to sit on the chair in front of her locker, she looks at her arm, where the armband is wrapped around her bicep and then back at me. "Tobin, no." I say and she takes off the armband and wraps it around my arm. "Are you and Carli, like, deaf when I say no to the armband?" I ask and Tobin shrugs.

"No, we hear you, but we just don't listen to it, you need to learn to trust yourself with this. You wear one all season back in Orlando."

"Tobin, this is the Olympics, not the NWSL."

"Hey, what did you tell us before and in France last year? Stop treating these games like they're the games they are because you'll psych yourself out?" Ash asks and I sigh

"Play every game like it's a World Cup Final and when you do get to a World Cup Final, you won't have to worry. Just change World Cup Final to Olympic Match." I mumble. "You're right. It's just another game, an international game that isn't very friendly, and it's competitive times a hundred." I continue and Tobin nods, kissing my forehead.

"I believe in you, babe, we all do. That's why you get the armband so often. You may have been relatively fresh on the roster when you first got that band right there, but it was for good reason, and you haven't fucked us in the ass yet, I'm hoping you'll keep up that streak. I really like being proud of you." Tobin says and I roll my eyes at her, smiling.

"Ruined the moment." I say and Tobin shrugs.

-

After the game, which I didn't get to play the entirety of because I took someone's face to my collarbone, we celebrated our 2-0 win, while I was being checked over and benched for five days.

"How's your collarbone?" Tobin asks as she comes out of her shower while I lay on one of the beds relaxing after getting my own and I sigh.

"Hurts." I say and Tobin comes over and kisses me softly.

"Rest up, baby. I'll be right here all night, I promise." Tobin says, settling into the bed next to me. See, we never really claimed beds when we got here, because I mean, come on. So we just have our things where we need them and depending on who is comfortable where, we sleep in that bed for the night. We weren't told no cuddling or laying in each other's arms so I mean.

-
Tobin
-

The following night, we were allowed to attend the Opening Ceremonies for the first time, like, ever, and you could tell we were all excited.

"Babe, Y/N, come on, we need to get on the bus." I call out so Y/N can hear me in the bathroom.

"You can see the bruise though." I hear Y/N say as the bathroom door opens and I sigh.

"So?"

"So? Babe, I have a bruise on my collarbone, people who don't watch us might think it's a hickey."

"Let them think it's a hickey, babe." I say and Y/N sighs, so I go and hug her, kissing her forehead. "It's not that bad, babe. I'll kiss it better if you want me to." I say and Y/N pushes me away, laughing.

"Shut up. Let's go." She says and I smile.

"There she is." I say following her out of the room and out to the bus that was waiting for the team.

-

"Okay, now I'm starting to thank who ever schedules us to be as far away from the opening ceremonies as possible, because fuck all this standing." Kling says as we stand with all of Team USA, Y/N was off with Alex, both of them, bathroom trip, and the guy that knocked my girlfriend on her ass the other day came over to apologize again, and then I recognized him, that's a lie, Ashlyn recognized him. Stephen Curry knocked my girl on her ass, I mean, at least he's not a dick. After a little while, I see my cute as hell girlfriend racing Baby Horse and Newt, and laugh as Y/N wraps her arms around me when she gets to me, laughing and telling the other two that she won.

"That's because Krashlyn got in our way." Baby Horse says and Y/N shrugs.

"Not my problem." She says before looking over to Steph. "Oh, hey, what up?" She asks and he chuckles.

"I just came to make sure that you really are alright with me knocking you down."

"Yeah, as long as you stay away from swooping, knocking me off my feet is fine, but no swooping, this one already did that." Y/N says, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"That's cute, you two are cute. Some of the girls from my parts wanted to meet you and some of the girls on the team, is it cool if I bring them over?" He asks and we all share looks before shrugging. "Cool, I'll be back." He says before disappearing.

"Shit! I knew he was familiar." Y/N says and I chuckle.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I was just too busy being embarrassed about what happened that it didn't click."

"Okay, how do you know Steph?" Ash asks and Y/N groans.

"I was texting Ali about something, I forgot what."

"Peanut butter chocolate cake with kool-aid." Ali says and Y/N shrugs.

"That, I was texting her about that, and I ran into him, because my dumb ass wasn't looking where I was walking, and since my girlfriend and sister are shit at keeping me from embarrassing myself in front of a vast majority of Team USA, I bounced right off him."

"Hey, that shit was funny." Newt says and I grab Y/N's hands and intertwine our fingers so she doesn't try anything, watching as Y/N gives her sister a mock glare. When the basketball players are over here, I feel Y/N tense up, and watch as Hugo tenses as well, so I pull them both to the side to see what's wrong, but stop when I hear someone from behind us.

"Long time no see, Y/N." I furrow my brow and turn to see a tree of a woman smirking at Alex and Y/N.

"Krista, what do you want." Alex says, stepping in front of Y/N, which didn't really do much, this Krista girl had four inches on Alex, two and a half inches on Y/N, and little old me stood five inches lower.

"Came to talk to Y/N, but I see she doesn't want to talk."

"No shit I don't want to talk to you, Krista, you're a piece of shit, you know that?"

"You like shit human beings like me, Y/L/N, admit it."

"No, I just had shit judgement, get away from me before I call security on you." Y/N says and Krista stays put.

"What's going on over here?" Dom asks and Y/N glances at him before looking back at Krista, almost as if someone wasn't looking at her, she'd try something.

"I was just leaving." Krista says before leaving and Dom looks over at us with a furrowed brow.

"She's an ex. Trying to start shit. Thanks." Y/N says and Dom smiles at her.

"Anything for family." He says before we hear Syd.

"Dom!" She yells and we chuckle as he smiles and rushes to his wife's side, Cas has found Uncle Servando, so he's currently being loved on by the Carrascos.

"You alright?" Alex asks, turning to face Y/N.

-
Y/N
-

"Yeah, just keep me away from the women's basketball team until the night is over, please." I say and Alex nods, looking at me with that worried expression I still have mixed feelings about.

"Yeah, okay." Alex says and I sigh as Tobin comes and wraps her arms around me, kissing my temple.

"You're alright, I promise babe, we'll keep you from her. Do you want us to tell the coaches?" Tobin asks and I sigh, but nod.

"Yeah, I hate to be that person, but I'm just here to play soccer, so if she's going to try to harass me all through the games, I want to prevent that." I say and they both nod before we all head back over to the group that consists of the soccer teams, the basketball teams, and a few of the softball players.

"Hey, I saw Krista over there with you guys, she wasn't bad was she?" Steph asks and I sigh, giving him a small smile.

"Nothing abnormal. Don't worry, I dated her, I'm used to her shit." I say and he chuckles.

"I feel sorry for you, I hear she's a dick."

"Complete understatement."

"Well, if she gives you any more shit, just let me know. I'll tell her coach." He says and I nod.

"Thanks."

When we were finally walking into the ceremony, the mood shifted drastically, being near Krista didn't really bug me as I walked out in front of all those people, some supporting my team and my nation, some not, but it didn't matter I'm excited to be doing what I'm doing and I don't think much could change that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.6K 32
An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic.
Pariah By J

Romance

15.1K 370 16
Melody Bordeaux is called up to the USWNT a few weeks before the 2016 Olympics, she gets to know everyone on team, especially Hope Solo, but when the...
192K 5.1K 59
"Remember I said I didn't love you? I lied." "Me too."
77.8K 1.5K 20
Tobin is in love with Alex. But Alex is in love with some pretty boy. Will Tobin ever win Alex's heart? Or will Alex hurt Tobin's? This story has b...