Tempestas {l.h} || Wattys 2018

By curlyhairedjesus

He was a storm and she was the only one who could control him. Book 1 in the Elements series. {Note: Tempest... More

Tempestas
Prologue
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
13 Questions Tag
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4

1.9

500 14 1
By curlyhairedjesus

Thursday, 7th of April.

Luke awoke with a prominent pain in his head, his eyes too heavy to open for more than seconds at a time. His body was slumped against some sort of metal wall, uncomfortably lying on his cuffed hands.

Luke's blue eyes surveyed the area, not making it more than a few seconds before they involuntary closed once again. Although, he was fairly certain he was in some sort of metal container, or cell, and it was freezing cold.

Luke must've been sitting for a few hours before the heavy, screeching sound of a lock sliding open was heard. Luke forced his eyes open as two figures stepped inside, closing the door behind them.

"Well, well, well. Hello Luke." Abby drawled out, her tone dripped with sarcasm as a smirk settled on her face. Andrew held the same facial expression, which was their first mistake. They gave away exactly what they were going to do to Luke, only torturing someone for information would cause that facial expression and accompanied tone.

"Giving us the silent treatment?" Andrew snorted as he stared at Luke with a satisfied smirk now on his face. He looked like a child that had just come first in a relay race, as did his accomplice.

Luke stayed quiet for two reasons; he had nothing to say, and he didn't think he'd even be able to talk, his jaw felt slack. Luke's eyes closed once again, only to snap open a few seconds later due to the prominent pain in his cheek. Abby had slapped him.

Hatred raged like a storm in Luke's blue eyes, crashing back and forth like waves in the ocean, as he stared at Abby's hazel eyes, speckled with orange, that were identical to her twin brothers. He didn't bother to give her the satisfaction of eliciting any movement that would suggest the blow to his cheek was painful, no he didn't so much as move. The only proof of what had occurred was the red handprint that covered the left half of Luke's face.

"Why don't you be a good little boy and tell us what we want to know." Abby taunted.

Luke let out a low throaty laugh, which hurt his dry throat, in response. A pile of spit landed on Abby's face a moment later, her eyes wide open in shock, clearly not expecting this little attack. Luke's lips curled up into a smirk and Abby's into a threatening snarl.

A eerie silence settled over the room, one that Luke sought comfort in, whilst the siblings glowered in frustration. It must've been quite some time before anyone made a noise.

"He's not going to talk." The voice startled Luke, his eyes snapped up to see Larkin opening the door with his large biceps. It was true, however, Luke wasn't going to talk. He would gladly go silent to the grave if it meant the survival of his friends, his people and Harper. Harper, God his heart ached at the thought of her, most likely clueless about this whole situation, as he imagined the boys would be.

"Well at least we agree on something, don't we?" Luke laughed, however it sent a pain to his chest.

Larkin seemed to grin at that and shook his head in amusement, "you are interesting, Luke, I'll give you that." He laughed for a moment and leaned back against the wall, the muscles on his arm became more prominent as he crossed them in front of his muscled chest.

"What a shame that Harper won't get to see it." Abby drawled which made Luke clench his teeth, he wasn't all for fighting girls unprovoked but every word that left the blonde's mouth had him wanting to throttle her head against the concrete and drown her in a mixture of water and blood, slowly.

Andrew let out a laugh as he nodded in agreement, acting as if the words of his twin sister were the funniest he'd ever heard. Luke wanted to kill them both, he wanted to kill them all, but somehow and for some reason there was an ounce of respect for Larkin hiding deep down. Not that he deserved it.

"Shut it," Larkin growled, his black eyes seemed to match the black of his hair and that must have frightened the twins as their mouths shut faster than the speed of sound. "I've had enough of this conversation. Out."

The blonde twins didn't need to be told twice as they scurried from the room, the door sliding closed behind them with a heavy bang of metal against a door stopper.

"So what do I owe the pleasure?" Luke spoke in between a series of coughs as Larkin stood a few feet away.

"I want information, however I know you won't be willing, so tell me Luke what will I have to do to make you talk?" Larkin asked, as he walked towards the corner of the room and grabbed a water bottle that was laying on a metal shelf.

"Where am I?" Luke ignored Larkin's question as he glanced around the mostly barren room. Concrete floors and walls, a cold temperature that left Luke's powers weakened, and a sliding door accompanied by a few shelves by a far wall, where Larkin stood.

"Perhaps if I answer your questions you will answer mine?" Larkin paused, "you won't, but I may as well try. I've broken many Tractatori, and I'm sure you won't be any different. Sooner or later you all crack... or die." Larkin walked closer as he spoke, until he was bent down in grin of Luke's hunched figure where he twisted the lid off the water bottle and poured a small amount down Luke's throat.

Luke greedily swallowed the water, almost wanting to beg for more as Larkin took the bottle away and held it out of reach. Luke gasped as he relaxed against the wall, his chains jingling with every slight movement. He stared at the bottle of water, wanting to summon his powers but he was far too weak, even with the small amount now in his body he was still useless, and Larkin knew it.

"Try it and I will burn you so bad that Harper won't even recognise your body." Larkin snarled as he saw Luke eyeing the bottle. "Not that I should be worried, you're far too weak."

Luke eyed Larkin as the black haired man casually sat himself down on the floor, his legs spread out in front of him as he leaned back, his body weight being held up by his arms behind him. Larkin didn't seem to notice Luke's gaze, or perhaps didn't care, as he picked at his nails as if he had all the time in the world. He didn't however, but he had enough time to trick Luke into talking, and years of practice at making people talk.

"So would you like to answer my questions?" Larkin asked after a few minutes silence. He now stared at Luke, seeming to get over his obsession with his nails much to Luke's dismay. Luke would've preferred it if Larkin stayed picking at his fingernails and not bothering to give him time of the day, however nothing seemed to be going right for Luke at the present time.

"How about you answer mine?" The blue eyed boy's tone was as cold as the room he was currently residing in. It nearly sent a shiver down Larkin's spine, it'd been a while since anyone had taken that tone with him.

"You're in a cool room, almost like a fridge, at the place where I am currently residing." Luke didn't want to let his disappointment show towards Larkins lack of information, but he was sure Larkin could see through his facial expressions given how intently he looked at the younger male.

A small part of Luke hoped that Harper knew where Larkin lived, however he doubted it, whilst another part hoped she could get as far away from this as possible. He didn't want her hurt, and
the Potestas seemed to not give any shits towards human lives. That's why they needed to be destroyed.

"Now I answered your question, will you answer mine?" Larkin questioned as he stared intently into Luke's blue eyes with his own black ones, that made Luke want to squirm away.

Luke pretended to contemplate the question for a moment before shaking his head, golden hair matted with dirt and other unwanted particles immediately covered part of his eyes. He offered no words. However he nearly wanted to cry out at the pain that moving his head had caused, but he wouldn't give Larkin the satisfaction, he'd suffered far worse.

"Well that hardly seems fair." Larkin fake pouted as he leaned forward and pushed himself up to his feet. "You play dirty Luke and I don't like that, but you know who does?" He walked towards the door and whistled, the twins immediately stepped through and the sight of them made Luke's stomach curl.

The twins stood dressed in black, head to toe, and Abby seemed to have a few whips in her hands whilst Andrew held a sharp knife that glistened on every angle.

"When you're ready to speak to me all you have to do is tell them, until then enjoy the pain." Larkin grinned wickedly as he walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

Luke's breath became uneven as he stared at the twins who looked as if they had finally been set free, ready to play with a toy for the first time. He wanted Larkin back, at least that man wasn't as sadistic as the twins, however from stories he'd heard he seriously doubted that. Although, he wondered why Larkin didn't seem to want to get his hands as dirty as the blonde twins. So many questions swirled through Luke's head, enough to make his raging headache worse, but he hoped it would distract him from the inevitable pain that would soon be upon him.

"So Luke," Abby drawled out the name for an impressive amount of time as she approached Luke and dropped herself onto his lap, her knees on either side of his own. "Want to talk? Or perhaps we can let something else do the talking?" Abby unzipped a bit of her jumper, revealing a black bralette that held up a decent sized pair of boobs.

Luke tried to turn his head but Abby caught it, her fingers dug into his skin with enough force to leave bruises, and forced him to look at her. "Like what you see?" Abby bent down and attached her lips to Luke's neck, sucking and biting playfully. Luke growled as he used what little strength he had to try and push her off.

"Oooh feisty." Abby laughed as she pulled away for a breath, her hazel eyes stared intently at Luke for a moment before she sighed. "No, no, no, this just won't do. You love Harper too much to even enjoy this don't you? And while I am disappointed at least we can try out other methods. It's only a matter of time before you-" she placed her hand around her neck and flicked it to one side, acting as if she had broken her neck, "-break."

After those words Andrew moved forward with feline grace, the knife clutched loosely at his side as he helped his sister up and off of Luke. "Make him suffer, sister." The blonde male sadistically smirked as he watched Abby pick up a cat-o-nine tails whip.

Luke's eyes widened a fraction as Abby raised the whip and brought it down upon his chest. Luke clenched his teeth, refusing to cry out in pain, as the whip sliced through his shirt and drew blood. Abby paused for a moment before bringing the whip down in three fluent strokes, Luke couldn't stop the grunt that passed his lips.

Andrew held up his hand, signalling for Abby to stop, as he crouched down in front of Luke. "Wouldn't it be better without his shirt on?" He spoke as he glanced back at his sister, who nodded in agreement.

"Well," Luke coughed a few times before continuing, "I didn't realise you were gay, but if you wanted to see me shirtless all you had to do was ask."

Andrew growled at Luke's remark and bought the blade down from collarbone to pelvic area in one fluent motion. "Oops." Andrew dramatically gasped as he looked down at Luke's now uncovered and lightly bleeding chest.

"Ready to talk now?" Abby asked. Luke stayed silent as he stared hatefully at the enemies before him, they deserved to perish for this, for what they were doing and had done to countless others of his kind.

"Very well." Andrew backed away as Abby sent powerful blow after blow onto Luke, his muscled torso covered in cuts and welts, some of which were bleeding profusely. Abby continued to whip him for a few more seconds before she paused, her eyes taking in the numerous lines that her whip had made.

Luke made no sound apart from a low grunt as Abby delivered a final blow to his collarbone, higher than all the others. He scowled, his body felt weaker than usual and he knew he wouldn't be able to quickly heal himself, he would have to endure the pain and torture like a mortal human.

"Are they really worth dying for Luke? You could turn them in and you'd be granted leniency, perhaps you could be my little toy or you can die right now for a lost cause." Abby spoke. Despite her neutral face, Luke could tell that she was frustrated just by the tone she used.

Luke stayed silent. They were worth dying for, if it meant protecting his friends- his brothers- than it would always be worth it. He would rather die a thousand terrible deaths than betray his family, and Harper. Luke just prayed that the boys would keep her safe, because he didn't think for one second that Larkin had left for a leisurely stroll, no he'd left this room for a reason, whatever that may have been.

"You disgust me. Andrew do it." Abby picked up the bloodied whips and exited the room, leaving him alone with Andrew.

"You may think you're strong but we will break you in every way possible, starting with your body and then your mind until you're nothing but a hollow shell. You won't even recognise the people that made you endure this, the people that you stayed silent for, the people that you think are worth protecting." Andrew whispered in Luke's ear before he raised his knife and sent the pommel of it straight into the side of Luke's head.

Luke didn't have a chance to react before the blow had rendered him unconscious, and just before it did he could swear that he heard Andrew's sadistic laughter haunting him, as Luke fell slack in his chains with blood dripping from the top of his head down to his pelvis.

And as Luke laid unconscious in one of the most uncomfortable positions, his blood slowly began to pile around him and within hours it was expected that he would be swimming within it.

Hey guys sorry that it's taken me FOREVER to update... but here it is :)))
Also, I've released a new book on Wattpad titled; 'The Lost Queen' and I'm super excited for it so please go over to my profile or click this link https://my.w.tt/UiNb/KXRfJSupsJ and give it a bit of love ❤️ would mean so much to me xx and thanks for supporting this book and for OVER 18K READS WOW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663 75 26
BOOK THREE *trigger warnings* Amethyst green left behind everything she loved so she could save herself. Fast forward three years and she has to face...
1.6K 72 13
{Set before X Men, then skipping into X2) Sierra Storm was always an anomaly among her peers. She always wanted nothing more for herself, to just be...
101K 4.4K 23
Luke was willing to go through any obstacle just to have Michael. WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. DO NOT JUDGE MY CURRENT WRITING OFF OF THIS PLS