One Direction fan fiction: Ha...

By kawennbr0

A girl named Michelle who is a sixteen year old who is depressed and very insecure. Her whole life changes wh... More

"Stay" One Direction Fan Fiction: Harry Styles
Chapter One: "Stranger" Part I
Chapter Two: "Stranger" Part II
Chapter Three: Fun and Games
Chapter Five: Letting You In - Part I
Chapter Six: Letting You In - Part II
Chapter Seven: "More Than This"
Chapter Eight: Something's Wrong
Chapter Nine: All In a Matter of a Day
Chapter Ten: Everything is Different Now
Chapter Eleven: You Can't Have it Your Way
Chapter Twelve: A Revelation of Longing
Chapter Thirteen: How Will I Survive?
Chapter Fourteen: Putting It All Behind
Chapter Fifteen: Fears, Water, and Abandonment
Chapter Sixteen: It's Not Easy
Chapter Seventeen: Goodbye and Sweet Dreams
Chapter Eighteen: Bad News
Chapter Nineteen: To Old Times and a New Beginning
Chapter Twenty: Run, Run, Run- Part I
Chapter Twenty-One: Run, Run, Run- Part II
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets and Diplomas
Chapter Twenty-Three: Guilt, Love, and Honesty
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Only Reason
Chapter Twenty-Five: Sparks
Chapter Twenty-Six: Explanations
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mr. Liam Payne
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Directions and Guilt of A Spitting Image
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Hamber
Chapter Thirty: Sickness and Lectures
Chapter Thirty-One: She's A Keeper
Chapter Thirty-Two: Lies Give The Thrills
Chapter Thirty-Three: A Warm Feeling
Chapter Thirty-Four: What Do You Have In Mind?
Chapter Thirty-Five: Not This
Chapter Thirty-Six: Adventure

Chapter Four: Getting Some Rest

1.6K 6 0
By kawennbr0

   (Michelle's point of View)

  During the whole car ride, the girls were talking about how amazing our day was. I must admit, I haven’t had this much fun in so long. The last time I had this much fun was when I had snuck out of my house one day in the summer at like two in the morning, and got home at like almost five in the morning. I had a thing for this guy, and he wanted to hang out, so I decided to have fun for a change, and as much as I knew that it would be risky, I still did it. He meant everything to me. I loved him. As a best friend, a crush, a bigger brother figure. 

   He always thought of me as a little sister, but at the same time, he gave me mixed signals. I’ve known him for almost three summers. The first time I met him, it was summer as well. He told me he liked me, and was interested in me. We’d stay up on the phone and laugh and talk to hours, and eventually fall asleep on the phone together. Or, he’d tell me to stay awake with him whenever I would tell him I was tired, and wanted to go to bed. That summer, I lacked sleep. Some nights, I wouldn’t even get sleep. I’d stay up waiting for a call that might not even come. I would feel like I was being played, I felt like I was making a fool out of myself. There was one week, where all I did was cry, and lock myself in my room. This boy, he made me feel more insecure about myself than I already did. I felt like I wasn’t ever good enough, I felt like my appearance was shit. He was the reason I ruined most of my chances at ever finding love. Anyways, that week, I felt like complete shit. I never wanted to leave my room. I’d lock myself in my room, in the dark, watching Harry Potter movies, and crying. The next summer, he would come to visit, and he’d end up having a thing for my friends, and even my best friend. I felt so broken. He’d try getting with them. Was I missing something? After him, I promised myself, I would never let a guy hurt me like that again. It lead me to complete depression. 

   The girls were talking about the boys as well, and honestly, I was barely paying attention. I was dazed out, and had so many things on through my head. I was thinking about Harry, and then, I would think about that boy (his name is Carson). I’m pretty sure Amy would ask me something, or tell me something about Niall, but I was too lost in my thoughts to even understand a word she was saying. All I would do is mumble, like I said an answer or something. 

   When we finally reached the hotel, I looked around. I checked my phone, it was almost 10:00. 

   ”Twenty-five please,” the driver said. This driver had a better attitude than the other taxi driver that had drove Harry and I to Dave and Busters. Luckily, I still had the money my mom had given me for the taxi in the first place, and handed a twenty, and five one dollar bills. “Have a great night,” The driver flashed me a smile. “Thanks, you too,” I smiled back. The girls had fallen asleep. “Great. Just great,” I sighed. I nudged Crystal who was leaning on Maggie, to wake up. She just mumbled something, and moved to get more comfortable. “Guys, wake up, we’re here,” I whisper softly. I notice the taxi driver being patient, and just looking out the window. None of them wake up. “Oh, look, guys! It’s the boys!” I lied to try and wake them up.” “WHERE?” Jessica jumps up. “Ha,” I smile with success. “Ugh, we’re here already?” Crystal says as she wipes her eyes. “I’m so tired, I just want to sleep,” Amy whines. “But you were so hyper in the car, and so wide awake earlier,” I think to myself and roll my eyes. I still wasn’t sleepy, but a bit tired. “Let’s go,” Maggie says as she stretches. “Goodnight! Thank you!” I thank the driver, and open the door and head to the entrance. 

   We walked to the front desk in the lobby, and the woman looked exhausted. “Um, Michelle Hilders?” I inform the woman with question. “Yep, here are two keys, room 104 on the fifth floor, your mom told me to tell you that she is in room 103, and your stuff is already in your room,” the woman informs me. “Thank you, have a great night,” I smile. She rolls her eyes and continues to write something on a notebook. We headed to the elevator, Amy still tired, and her eyes half open. 

   I press the bottom that had the number five on it. We all waited patiently in the elevator except for Crystal who was complaining that she wanted to sleep. We just ignored her, and waited. “Ding,” we heard as we reached the fifth floor and the doors opened. We walked down the halls trying to find room 104. 97.. 98.. 99.. 100.. 101.. 102.. 103.. Aha! 104. I slide the card inside the slot, until the light was green, and made a noise to aware us that the door was unlocked. I opened the door, and took a good look at the room as I walked inside. Crystal and Amy pushed Maggie, Jessica, and me while trying to get to a bed. Crystal and Amy jumped onto the big bed. “Ahhhhhhhhhhh, finally,” Amy said with relief. “Guys, you have to change, and get ready for bed. Go tooth brush, and wash up,” Maggie stated. “We know,” Crystal informed Maggie. “Now,” Maggie said as she looked at them and crossed her arms. “Gee, okay,” Amy said as she got up, and headed towards her bag that was on the floor. Crystal did the same. Maggie was the oldest of us. She was seventeen. Crystal and Amy were fifteen, and Jessica and I were sixteen. Maggie was like the mom of us. She was the one who cared about us most. She was always there for us whenever we needed her. They looked through their luggage to try and find a pair of PJ’s to change in, and their toothbrushes. They both then headed to the bathroom. I heard the sink turn on, and water running. 

   ”Ah,” Jessica said as she sat down. “Gee, I’m tired,” Maggie said as she got her stuff out of her luggage. She took out a big t-shirt, a pair of Soffee shorts, and her toothbrush. Jessica yawned, and stretched her arms out, and blinked a few times. “Well, I’m beat,” She said tiredly. “Same here,” I said as I faked a yawn. She laughed. “What?” I say with confusion. “I can tell when you’re fake yawning Mich,” she smiled. “What do you mean? I’m really tired,” I lied again. She just laughed again. Man, Jessica really could read me. “If you say so,” she said intoned. I just have a confused face on, acting like I didn’t know what she meant. Maggie looked at me, and just laughed as well. “Jessica’s right, you’re really bad at it,” Maggie tells me as she throws her clothes onto the bed. “I don’t know what you guys are talking about,” I say as I sit down on the bed. “Mhm,” Maggie laughs. 

   Crystal and Amy come out of the bathroom, changed, and wiping their faces with white bath towels from the bathroom that the hotel provides us with. “Ah, finally, I can sleep!” Amy says as she runs to the nearest bed, and buries her self in the comforter. “Make room!” Crystal says as she runs towards the bed and jumps in next to Amy. I guess that bed is taken. There were only two beds in the room, but they were kind of big. Crystal, Amy, and Jessica were bunking together. Maggie and I were sharing a bed as always. Honestly, I love each and every one of them. We’re all best friends. Crystal and Amy are like the adorable babies in our friendship since they’re the youngest. I am the third oldest but I get treated like I’m one of the youngest, since I was one of the shortest. Although Jessica is a bitch, yes, I admit it, but, she’s actually a good friend. I mean, I really don’t know what I would do without her. But I don’t trust her as much as I trust Maggie. I barely tell Jessica anything. I’m closer to Maggie than I am with the other girls. Maggie is the only one who knew about my complete depression, and my “bad habit.” The other girls know about Carson, but not all that sad stuff, just the happy things. At sleep overs, Maggie and I always share a bed, or sleep next to each other, or else one of us can’t fall asleep at night. 

   Jessica headed to the bathroom to change and wash up. “Hey, have you talked to Carson?” Maggie asked me with a slanted smile. “Nope,” I say as I stare at my phone. I haven’t talked to Carson in weeks. I guess it was meant to be like this? Maybe it was better off like this. I mean, I hate it. I really do. One day, we’re catching up, and talking like we used to, then its like, the next day, he wakes up and decides to stop talking to me, without a word to be said or left. “Cheer up babe,” Maggie says as she puts her hand on my shoulder. Amy was on the bed sketching. “Amy, I thought you were going to sleep?” I asked her with a laugh. “After I washed my face, I seemed to lose my sleepiness,” she said as she was concentrated on her picture. I just giggle. Crystal on the other hand, was knocked out; she was fast asleep, so peaceful. I then grabbed my stuff out of my bag, and go to the bathroom with Crystal. 

   I opened the faucet, and run my toothbrush under the water, and then put toothpaste on it, and put it in my mouth and begin to brush. Crystal doing the same. “So, what was that all about?” I ask her with a smile, as I spit. “What?” She laughs. “Louis?” I raise an eyebrow. “Oh, nothing,” She blushes. “You like him,” I state. “Yeah, duh, I’m a Directioner,” she laughs. “No, not like that. You like, like him.” I grow a bigger smile after I spit out the water from when I gargled. The mouthwash was too spicy in a minty way. “Maybe,” Maggie’s cheeks are now as red as a rose. “Hmmm,” I wink at her. “What about you huh? With Harry?” She nudges me with her elbow. “What about Harry?” I laugh and blush. Just saying his name makes me blush. “You totally have a thing for him, and I can so tell he likes you back, It’s so obvious, I wouldn’t be surprised if he came here tonight just to see you,” Maggie jokes. But Maggie was right. I did like Harry, and I barely knew the guy. I mean, I knew Harry, but I mean I didn’t know him personally. She was also right about Harry coming to visit me. I’m left speechless. 

   We finish up, and head outside. The lights are already shut off, and Amy put her sketch books on the side table between the two beds, where the light shades were on. Jessica was hugging Crystal while she was asleep. “Good night guys,” Amy smiles and closes her eyes. “Good night,” we say as we lay down in the bed next to her’s. “Nighty night Mags,” I say as I bury myself into the comforter like Amy had done earlier. “Goodnight Mich,” Maggie says as she faces the other way. We like to face different ways, back to back as we lay down. I kept my phone near me in case Harry decided to call me. I checked the time, and it was 10:55. I guess he’s not going to visit. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 21 24
Ellie flies to London to study music, but her roommate turns out to be a relative of a famous boy band. As she falls in and out of love, and as her c...
1.9K 71 12
Emma goes to Richmond High, she has no clue who One Direction is, nor does she care. So when she wins the school contest to take a trip to the UK wi...
17K 403 51
An Average girl named, Danae Laura Bennett. Who lives her life normally. She has a Boyfriend who are always far away from her. Until she get the...
48.9K 580 39
Sarah meets Harry by accident, when she helps him and the other One Direction members escape from the paparazzi. Harry asks her to be his girlfriend...