He's her mate, so why did he...

By hcj15tr

Cassie is you normal teenage girl. she has a few great friends, does well in school, has a great step father... More

He's her mate, so why did he break her heart?
He's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part two
He's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part three
He's her mate... please help. (not a chapter)
new character
He's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part four
He's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part five
he's her mate, so why did he break her heart? part six
part seven
he's her mate...part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
fourteen
Notice
fifteen
sixteen

chapter seventeen

198 13 1
By hcj15tr

hello everyone,

here is the next chapter. it is no where near as long as the last one, and i feel as if it is more of a filler. i would love for some comments on it, even if they are just asking me to upload as i feel as if o one is really enjoying this book anymore.

enjoy

chapter seventeen

Cassie's point of view

I do not believe what I just heard.

Alex is the mate of a werewolf, too. But not only that, he is the mate to a male wolf. How is that even possible? I mean I know how its possible but how is it possible? As far as I knew he was as straight as straight can be, I mean yeah he has his camp moments but who doesn't? Even I have been known to be camp.

Wait that isn't really a good argument, I'm a girl. I can be camp right?

So not the point!

There was only one option open to me. I have to have the talk with a certain best friend of mine. “Drew, I need to get back to school.” I said, totally out of the blue, when I got back downstairs. Apparently Drew didn't like the fact that another male could see me in nothing but his shirt.

“What? Why? School will almost be over by the time we get there, anyway.” he told me as he glanced at the clock.

“I know but then I can talk to Alex. Plus I need to get all of the work that I missed from him. And I need to tell him that we don't hate you anymore.”

“Oh, all good reasons. Alright let me just tell Jessie and Illianna then we'll head out.” he paused for a second and tilted his head to the left as if listening to something. “On second thought we'll just leave, they wont notice anyway.” And with that we headed towards his car, completely forgetting about Dolph sitting in the living room brooding.

When we got to the school it was indeed almost time to let out so we just decided to sit in the car for a bit and wait. One thing lead to another and we ended up in the back seat, kissing passionately as Drew's talented fingers brought me to a mind numbing orgasm. I was just setting my clothes to rights when the doors to the school opened and the first few students rushed over to their cars.

“THERE HE IS!” I yelled as I dashed out of the car and over to a shocked looking Alex. “Alex! I missed you.”

“So did I, where the hell have you been? I had to tell all of the teachers that you had a family emergency. They all send their regards and the like, oh and we got a new teacher, he seems a bit too into himself if you get what I mean. You know the type who freaks out if you so much as breath near his hair. Anyway he just gave me weird vibes, and he kept looking at the girls legs. By the way what were you doing with Drew, and why were you in his car?” he asked in what was almost one breath. I loved it when he made these little one breath speeches, you got a lot of information in a fraction of the time it takes anyone else to tell you.

“OK, not that don't mind the great conversation going on here but ...babe I don't like that he has his arms around you and I don't.” I looked over at Drew and saw that his eyes looked just a touch wild. Why I thought that that was sexy is beyond me but I smiled a reassuring smile and held out my hand for him to take.

He smiled as he gripped my hand. Then I turned back to Alex. “Alex I need to talk with you. And I'm um... me and Drew are...” why was this so hard? All I had to do was tell Alex, my long time bestie, that I am now dating, or mated with, Drew, who we didn't like.

“We are dating, now.” Drew said as if he knew that I was struggling.

The look on Alex's face was obvious. Shock. He leaned down to my ear level and said in a soft voice, “Are you sure?”

“WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!” Drew roared, and I could understand why. My own friend thought that Drew had made it up.

“Oh come on, you and me both know that you don't care about her! You spent all this time getting everyone to pick on her. Plus you slept with all those girls and her mother! Why the hell would you fall for this Cass? It's plain as day! He's playing you! All he cares about is hurting you, in a week all that will be left of your heart will be tiny pieces and he'll be with someone else. Your not the type of person he goes for.”

I was speechless. How could he think that little of me? I always thought that he would have my back, that no matter what he will always be there for me, when in actual fact he thought very little of me. The tears were threatening to fall and all I could think of was getting out of there.

Luckily Drew was there as well.

Unluckily he didn't like the way that my best friend just spoke to me so he was beyond pissed. “HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY! ALL SHE HAS EVER DONE WAS BE KIND AND YOU TALK TO HER AS IF SHE WAS A STUPID, SELFISH BARBIE!!”

I screamed as he slammed Alex up against the closest car, a crowd was gathering and I hoped that someone would help. But it looked like all they wanted was to see a good fight.

I felt eyes watching me. I could tell that they were somewhere in the building but I couldn't see anyone at any of the windows.

Suddenly, Barbara was next to me, and Robby was heading over to Drew and Alex. It was then that I was brought out of my stupor. All I could see was blood pouring down Alex's face, coming from a cut above his left eye and what looked to be a broken nose. Drew was hitting him as if he had tried to kill me. Robby did his best to calm him down, but all he manage to do was get himself thrown to the floor. When Barbara rushed over to him, I knew that they must be mates.

I had no idea what I was going to do, but I knew that I needed to stop this. Slowly so as not to get a backhander from a very angry mated werewolf, I walked over to them. Alex was on the verge of passing out and if I didn't do anything he might get seriously injured.

“Baby,” I said in as soft a voice as I could manage. “Your scaring me.” I didn't have to fake the fear in my voice, it was very much real.

Instantly Drew stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. What ever he saw must have effected him as he let go of Alex and rushed over to me, wrapping me in his arms. “I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.”

“It's okay. We need to get Alex somewhere to take care of his injuries.”

“We'll take him back to ours.” and with that he picked up Alex and walked over to his car. I walked behind them as I picked up Alex's bag, still feeling hurt over my best friends words.

How could I have miss judged someone as much as I have with Alex? I always thought that no matter what he would always be on my side and support my decisions. But now I knew that wasn't going to happen. Clearly he thought that I was someone who let guys wak all over them, and he didn't care about those types at all.

Drew got him settled into the back seat, after yelling at him to shut up, then he opened the passenger side door for me before getting in the car himself.

I could tell that there were tears in my eyes, but there was nothing that could have stopped the pain from ripping me apart inside. Drew reached over as he started the car and grabbed my hand, earning a snort from Alex in the back.

Suddenly Drew's phone started to ring. “Babe, can you get that? I dont like answering the phone while i'm driving.”

“okay.” I reached into his front pocket and pulled out his phone, and with out looking at the caller I.D. I pressed accept. “Hello?”

“Hello, whose this? I thought I called Drew.” said a distinctly feminine voice on the other end.

“You did. This is Drew's girlfriend.”

“Drew doesn't have a girlfriend, he only has toys and me.” she said snidly.

“And who are you?”

“Maize.”

“Maize?” I asked stupefied.

Drew stiffened and said, “put it on speaker.” I looked at him in question but did as he asked.

“...so why don't you just give his phone back to him so that we can finalize our date tonight.” she said in a bitchy tone.

I gasped and looked over at Drew.

Drew's point of view

“Just hang up on her babe, better yet toss the phone out the window, I'll get a new one.” I can not believe that she would say that to her knowing that she was talking to my girlfriend. If she were a wolf I would have killed her for such disrespect.

“Oh, baby I know you don't mean that.” she purred trying to be seductive.

“Actually I do. If I don't have this phone anymore then you can't call it. And if I only give my number to people that I trust then I don't have to worry about you seducing it out of one of my friends at school, like you did the last time I told you to get lost. And if I have to tell you to leave me alone again I swear I will destroy you and your family. Throw the phone babe.” I said as I pressed the button to open the passenger side window.

Cassie looked at me as if I had lost my mind for a moment, before complying.

“So who was that, Drew?” Alex asked snidely from the back seat.

I really didn't want to acknowledge him right now but I knew that the same question was burning inside Cassie's mind. So I answered him, “She's an ex who cant let go, trust me I don't want anything to do with her any more. Didn't even want her then but I was drunk. And as you know I can get seduced very easily when i'm drunk.”

“So what your saying is that when you get drunk again your gonna cheat on Cassie? Great guy you got yourself Cass!”

Out of the corner of my eye I could see that she was tearing up again, so I pulled the car over and dragged her onto my lap. “Baby, I will never cheat on you. Not only because you are the most amazing woman I have ever met or because you are my mate, but because I will never get drunk again. Sure i'll have a few drinks but I will never need to drink as much as I had those times.”

“Really?” she asked through her tears.

“Really. 'Cause the only reason I drank that much was to dull the pain of loosing you. And now that I have you I don't need to do that anymore. Besides I don't plan on leaving your side for a long time to come.” Alex was about to say something before I cut him off, “If you say one more word that brings more tears to her eyes then I swear I will kill you. She's supposed to be your best friend. Or has that slipped your mind?”

When he didn't say anything else, I gently put Cassie back on her seat and drove the rest of the way home. When we got there Jessie came rushing out the front door.

“What the hell, Drew? Beating up Cassie's friend have you lost your mind! What if she never wants to talk to us again?” he yelled as he pushed me up against the side of the car.

“Chill okay? I beat him up 'cause he made Cassie cry. He yelled at her basically telling her that she was just some stupid bimbo who would fall for any guy who said a few nice words. He told her that in a week I will be with someone else and she will have a broken heart.”

Jessie growled and glared at Alex as he got out of the back seat. “Dolph isn't happy with you. When we heard what you did he flipped, not sure if he will understand even if you tell him how he insulted our Cassie.”

Great not only do I have an injured human coming into my house but his mate is pissed at me. Well tonight should be fun.

hopeyou liked it

well let me know what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
Hidden By Soph

Werewolf

954 57 12
[DISCONTINUED] **MATURE LANGUAGE AND CONTENT** **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS** WATTYS2018 I walk down the staircase, entranced with his sharp, angular feature...
571 45 26
Cassie wasn't just an everyday normal girl, no, she didn't really have friends or people to care about her much. She had grown and learned that if sh...
4M 123K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...