Loyal

By sugarhoneytea

Before I know it Colin has me over his shoulder. I fight as much as I can, banging my fist against his back... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 8

14.5K 355 33
By sugarhoneytea

Vera's POV

In the safety of the car, I shudder in tears. Leah rubs my back, handing me some tissue.

"V, don't even think about that asshole. And Lauren, she's just jealous of you!" She holds me close as I dry my tears. I feel pissed off and embarrassed, all over someone I barely know!

"I want to party," I say, through sniffles. A feeling of recklessness falls over me and all I want to do is forget. Forget everything that happened at the dinner. Forget Lauren. Forget Colin. Anything to escape the feeling of anxiety and sadness settling on me.

"Are you sure baby girl? Because that's the first time I have ever heard you say that in my five years of knowing you." 

I nod, grabbing my clutch and taking out some lip balm. I smooth it on using my iPhone as a mirror. I examine my face, wiping the smeared eyeliner from under my eyes. Tonight I'm letting go, tonight I'm having fun. "Well, let's get it!" Leah exclaims. She gives the driver directions and we head out into the city.

*****************************************************************

Music pulses through the walls of Ruby Skye, matched by colorful lights flashing along with the beat. The floor of the old theater turned nightclub is filled to capacity with young people dancing. The air is thick with green smoke. Leah cheers while holding up her drink. I cheer along with her, the alcohol loosening my stiff demeanor. I can't remember how many drinks I forced down, but I don't care. I grab Leah's glass and take another long drink. She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Damn girl, are you sure you're gonna be good?" Leah yells, trying to be heard over the loud music. I sway from side to side, nodding and cheering. For the first time in my life I don't feel self-conscious about anything. I let the flashing lights and neon smoke cloud my vision as well as my mind. Leah shrugs and starts to grind her hips against a guy who aggressively grabs her by the waist. I reach onto a platform to my right and climb onto it, almost losing balance in my heels.

"Yeah, shake it baby!" A guy yells from behind me. Above the dance floor surrounded by hoots from the crowd, I do just that. The adrenaline from the whole scene moves by body. I shake my hips from side to side, dancing to the beat. Beyonce croons about being drunk in love and I laugh at the thought, realizing that I'm drunk, but definitely not in love. Just as the song changes to an upbeat dubstep one, the crowd starts jumping at once. I follow suit, my heels hitting the platform every time the speakers echo. I laugh out loud, reveling in the moment. In a fit of laughter I suddenly realize I am losing balance on the platform, my heel catching onto a corner. I scream as I feel myself fall from where I stand. Everything is in slow motion, a blur of flashing lights, loud music, and suddenly a bright red. 

Colin.

Before I know it Colin has me over his shoulder. I fight as much as I can, banging my fist against his back.

"What the hell, what the---put me down!" I demand, trying my best to sound stern. Colin's steps are quick and steady. "I'm too heavy for you to carry me like this! I hope you know that!" Did I say that out loud? Yup, the alcohol is giving a voice to my every thought. I go limp in defeat, my nose rubbing against the back of his suit jacket.

"Why would you do this? I thought you said you don't drink!" Colin yells over the music, sounding completely frustrated. 

"Why the fuck do you care?" I snap, the taste of vodka rising up in my throat. Colin's footsteps don't slow. I see people parting as we make our way through the dance floor. When we finally make it near the entrance, I can actually hear myself think.

"What the hell is going on?" Leah's voice comes right on time. I look up. Leah hits Colin's arm with her clutch.

"Put her down Colin!" Leah exclaims. Colin hesitates, but after a moment easily lowers me to the ground. "What the fuck are you doing here!? And where are you trying to take Vera? Are you trying to kidnap her!?" Leah yells. People start to slow down, no doubt beginning to recognize Colin.

"No, I, you guys left!" Colin snaps. I feel dizzy and light headed. Miguel's voice comes from the heart of the club. How many drinks would it take you to leave with me? Yeah you look good, and I got money but I don't wanna waste my time.

"You have no right to just come up in here and try to dip out with her like that!" Leah and Colin go back and forth.

"Why the hell would you let your friend get up and make a fool out of herself like that? And she fell, if I wasn't there to catch her she would've been fucking hurt!" Colin is pissed off at this point. I look up into his eyes; he looks so passionate when he's upset.

"You're so cute when you're mad," I giggle, reaching up to pinch his cheek. At that very same moment I throw up, all over the front of his red jacket. Leah gasps. Colin looks down at the mess. Easing the coat off, he throws it to the ground. That has to be a thousand dollar jacket. Oops

"Leah, I'm going to take her home. She ain't used to drinking like this, obviously. I don't want her here," he says firmly.

"Okay Daddy Colin. Why the hell do you care? Vera is a grown ass woman and can do whatever the hell she wants," Leah tilts her head to the side, giving him her classic attitude. I throw up again, this time barely missing Leah's Loubitin heels. I feel sick to my stomach and just want to lie down. Leah plugs her nose and backs away. 

"Leah, I wanna go home," I manage to say through a few dry heaves. At that point Colin has gathered my hair and is holding it behind my head. Leah grabs her phone.

"I'll get Aunty Beck's driver and we'll go," she says quickly, giving Colin a sneer.

"No, Leah. Please. Don't let me ruin your night, girl, please stay. I'll be fine. Don't worry," I let out a few coughs. Leah reluctantly puts her phone down.

"Are you sure? Are you sure you're okay with this?" Leah is speaking directly to me now, even though Colin is right beside me.

"Leah, I promise you. She is safe with me. You have my word," Colin seaks before I do. I look up to him, and then to her, and nod my approval. Leah steps over his red jacket to stand threateningly in front of him, her finger up to his face.

"I swear, if you try any kind of shady bullshit, I will cut off your balls," Leah snaps, her eyes burning through him.

Leah watches as we walk through the entrance and out into the brisk San Francisco night.

"I'll call you, just text me to let me know you're okay!" Leah yells. I nod and wave to her. Colin holds my arm, keeping me upright. I erupt into a fit of laughter, unable to walk properly in my high heels. My feet are aching, I threw up on Colin's coat, and I was momentarily  a go-go dancer. It was too hilarious for me to bear.

"Vera, are you alright?" Colin asks. I stop, and step out of my heels. Suddenly I feel like throwing up again, and quickly bend over the sidewalk, dry heaving once more.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay," I say slowly. Colin has a look of concern on his face. I stand up straight once more and try to put my shoes back on.

"Let me carry you. We won't get anywhere at the pace you're going," Colin says quietly. He seems to be in a hurry. I look around and realize all the people stopping to get a good look at him, and me. I nod. The last thing I want is to be on the front cover of some gossip mag. Colin lifts me over his shoulder again, his muscular arms flexing in a white V-neck.

"Welp, good thing I can look at your ass until we get to our destination," I say, reaching forward to grab his butt. "Holy...shit your ass is firm!" I laugh hard at myself. Why is everything so damn funny?

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down there. I don't like people taking advantage of my body like that," Colin jokes, pausing. I stifle a giggle. After a few minutes I hear the clicking of a car unlock. Colin pulls me down from his shoulder, steadying me. He opens the passenger seat to the red jaguar, and helps me inside. I watch him walk around the back of the car through the rear view mirror, and get into the driver's seat. He sits for a few moments, looking down at the steering wheel.

"So...where do you live Vera?" he asks. I rub the dashboard of the car; it is so sleek and shiny.

"Ummm......uhhhhh Cedarcrest, I think," I laugh at the words as I say them. Colin nods, starting the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 370 26
"a bourbon on ice" I said to the bartender, I go to hand money to the bartend for my drink but he stops me "it's paid for by the guy over there" said...
1M 52K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
698K 28.1K 63
Chance. I don't believe in it. Everything that happens in our life happens for a reason. I've always believed that. But, it's funny. Wh...
52.6K 2.3K 54
"So I'm supposed to what? Pretend you never said what you said? Did what you did? I'm supposed to just believe that you'll change?" I snorted. "Yeah"...