Friends, yeah right!!!

By logginslatasha

You know the typical story where two guys are friends, one guy is the typical jock, the other a nerd. are the... More

introduction...nicky suthers
introduction........roman ambers
nicky
Nicky
Roman
Nicky
roman
Nicky
Roman
Nicky
author note
A/N

Roman

9 1 1
By logginslatasha

Roman POV................

Oh god, this is all too much, I think as I continue to punch the sand bag over and over again.

Dude, you good, I'm just saying you been really working over time these last two months.

I mean, this is good for your career, but it's too much too.

I'm just having some issues concerning nicky.

Yeah, where is nicky, haven't seen him around since that night you came here fuming.

It's nothing man.

Nothing my ass roman.

This is unusual, now if you don't tell me what's going on I'm gone go and talk to nicky myself.

No! Don't do that. He's probably in no better shape, or probably worse, since I haven't been in touch with him.

What's going on with you two roman, your best friends right. I've been your friend and trainer since you were younger, I know when there's something wrong.

I sighed wondering if I should tell him, I mean I don't know if he's a homophobe or not. The worse he could do is leave and be in disgust.

First, how do you feel about gay people?

What, why would you ask that.

Because my best friend is gay.

Wow, don't seem the type....and I don't care one way or the other, my brother is gay and is happily married to his husband of six years.

Why, what happened? He asked.

He uh, he is in love with me, have been since we first met.

So I'm assuming he told you all this that night.

Yeah, I said nodding and standing to hit the bag again.

I'm so confused, diago. I don't know what to do, I haven't called or seen him since that day.

And what's worse, before he told me all of this, I start having these thoughts and dreams of him. What do all this mean diago.

Well, I'm not an expert on homosexual relationships, but if I can take a guess, I would say that you carry feelings for him that is not just friendship wise.

What, no...that couldn't be.

Well I'm just saying, people sometimes have feelings for someone that is more, and don't realize it until something push hard enough to make there feelings come out unexpectantly.

How do you know all this, I asked him.

Boy, my brother was straight as a pole.  His best friend was gay, but he didn't know, he was fuming at him. For two reasons, he didn't tell him he was gay, was the number one reason, how he found out through one of his ex homophobic friends about him being gay.

Wow, that's deep. What happened after that.

My brother stopped talking to him, it was a year they spent apart, but it was hurting them both, my brother start developing feelings for him. So he finally got in touch with  him, and at the time he was with someone, he had gotten over him.

Wow, so how did they end up back together.

Dean, told him he love him, and he shouldn't have left him, he told his husband Rodney , that he was stupid listening to those homophobic jerks, and he is not giving up on him.

So for six months, dean did everything to get Rodney  back, and he did, and now their happily married.

So what was the point of this story, I asked him.

The point is, if the feelings your having is for you to be with him, you should pursue it. See where it goes, cause if you wait to long it might be too late.

What if it's already too late, I asked him.

Well you will have to just see and hope, it's not. The difference between you and dean, he didn't tell him to give him some time to think, you did.

I thought about that and smiled.

I guess I did. I said to him. O.k. I'm gone call him.

Good, now remember, he will understand if you want to take things slow....hes the type that don't push.

Yeah you right. I'm about to call him right now.

Good man, and get some rest, you look beat.

Trust me it's not from the training.

O.k. man, I'm going home, I know Yolanda is wondering where I'm at.

Alright, I'll see you tomorrow.

I dialed nicky number and there's no answer.

What the hell. I start feeling myself getting frustrated, o.k. roman calm down, he could be just in the shower or sleeping.

I know it's his day off, and it is kind of late.

I'm just gone go over there.

I walk out of my gym and lock the door. I hop in my  truck and drive the hour long drive to my best friend house.

When I get there, nicky car is not the only car there. You can imagine how confused I feel right now.

I walked in the building and went to his door, I pulled out my keys....what. of course he gave me keys, best friend status.

I walked in and stopped in my tracks, theirs some guy sitting on the couch, watching t.v.

Who are you? I asked him.

I'm Andre.

Okay, why are you here?

Waiting on nicky, we have a date.

At the sound of date, my heart dropped. He's been dating, well I can't expect him to wait for me, can I.

And who are you? Andre asked me.

I'm his best friend, where is he?

Getting dressed in his room.
I ignored him and walked over to the stairs and up them, I walked to his door and paused.

I'm feeling some kind of way, about him going on a date, that tells me I'm feeling him more then just a friend.

I open the door and stopped, I shouldn't have just walked in cause my best friend is bending over pulling on some boxers, now he's staring at me, he had stopped pulling them up and is exposed.

His face got red and he pulled them all the way up.

Roman, what are you doing here?

What, so now your best friend cant come over, I told you I needed time to think things through, I've made my decision.

Really, cause i haven't heard from you or even saw you in two months.

Yeah, well I had a lot of feelings to pick through, and being around you would have made it hard for me.

Well as you probably know, I have a date waiting for me.

I do know, go on your date nicky, I'll stay here and wait for you to come back.

Are you sure roman, I mean it might not be until tomorrow.

Nicky, don't play these fucking games with me, go on your little date, and come back here.

Now you want to tell me what to do. It don't work like that roman, I've been trying to get over you.

What, I yelled. I told you I needed time, I never said how long or short it would be, and you go and try to get over me, you know what I'm done....you apparently don't want me no more, this date is more important.

I got up and walk towards the door but nicky stopped me.

No, wait roman, I'm sorry, i'll call off the date. Just hold on.

He walked out and I sighed and sat on the bed.

I heard him tell Andre that he can't go on the date, and that he never will.

What, I came over here for nothing.

I felt that I should get down there, things was elevating.

The man said for you to leave, I told Andre, when I reached the foyer where they were standing.

Who are you really?  he asked me, getting in my face.

Number one, I told you that, number two get the fuck out my face and leave or I'll make you.

Whatever, if I ever see you in the streets nicky, just watch your back.

That was the last straw, he just threatened my possible boyfriend, yes I said it, so I drew my fist back and punched his nose.

Nicky screamed and I realized that I just made shit worse.

Roman, why did you do that?

He just threatened you.

I wasn't worried about it. He's just talk and he also works at my job.

Shit, I thought.....im sorry nicky, he hit a nerve.

He sighed and helped Andre up and to the kitchen.

I sat on the couch and buried my face in my hands. Now I feel like shit.

It was twenty minutes later when I heard them come out the kitchen, I looked up and Andre nose had been cleaned and snapped back in place.

He looked at me and smiled..what is he smiling about, I just punched him.

Look Andre, my bad for hitting you, he.......

I know, I shouldn't have threatened nicky. I know how you feel about your best friend, and vice versa.

It's cool man, I just need to talk to him, so.........

I understand man, I'm going, nicky I'll see you in a week at work.

A week, I asked.

Yeah, it's my vacation.....nicky told me.

Oh, figures.i whispered as he walked Andre out.

So what's this all about roman, for you to come up in here and stop my date, even though I really didn't want to go.

Wait, what....then why we're you going then, I asked?

Because he have been bugging me for a year, but I kept telling him no, because of, he paused, and I looked at him.

Because of me? I asked.

He nodded and sat on the couch next to me. Then when I hadn't heard from you after a month, I start dating again, and just Last week I agreed to go on one with Andre, just so he can stop bugging me.

That's understandable, I told him.

So what's up roman, he asked me.

Well here goes nothing.
************************************

Sorry guys. A cliffhanger is usually not something I do, but the bet awards pre show is on and the bet awards is coming on at five. So I'll be updating maybe later or tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 143 42
I moved back to the town I grew up in. I once thought I found the love of my life in high school, it all came crashing down when he betrayed me. It w...
159 6 12
Most stories are the typical heterosexual stories, so I decided to write a homosexual romance. It's a Good Nerd Girl fall for the Bad Girl kind of s...
3.7K 214 14
A story about two guys, who like each other. But one is too embarrassed to show it. Plus someone is trying to separate them both, because this person...
92.7K 2.4K 24
Meet the bad boy who falls in love with the nerd♥♥♥♥♥.