The Girl They Never Noticed

By The_Outkast

✨COMPLETED✨ I took a few steps before I stopped to face him again. "Jay?" I said, barely above a whisper. "Hm... More

AMAZON + New Book
Publishing / Editing
Hola Everybody!!!
Acknowledgements
Cast ❤️
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Pierce Mansion🏠
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AN
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
E-Awards, The Literacy Awards and The Bloom Awards Nominations
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
The Boy That Time Forgot - Jace's Backstory
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
AN: Nominate
RANKING
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
GIF Mania
AN
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Suggestions💖💝
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
CONGRATS!!!
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Adios
Hola!!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40(accidentally deleted)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67 (Last Chapter)

Chapter 1

6.3K 244 449
By The_Outkast

I was walking down a meadow, picking up every flower I found along the way. I didn't know why but I was very carefree and enjoying my time. What was weird, though, and clearly a first was that I was ...happy? Yes, happy and that was something that was missing from my life for so long.

The further down the meadow I went, the happier I got. I recall hearing a faint buzzing sound but I dismissed it when I came towards the end of that sunny, flowery meadow and I stood in shock of what was right in front of me. Before my eyes stood a disfigured replica of my beautiful, 3-storey mansion. I say replica because I was standing in front of the ruins of what my house once was.

Half of it was burned beyond recognition, and the other half was just a flow of wind away from crumbling to the ground. The previously beautiful garden where my mom grew her orchard blossoms is now gone, with nothing but a single blossom lying on the ground; unharmed.

I picked it up and suddenly the world around me started spinning. It was almost surreal because memories of my entire life were flashing before my eyes. My first birthday, the time we moved in to our mansion, my first doll set, the first time my dad taught me how to ride a bike, all the years of bullying in high school, and finally the image I had of our burnt house. All through those images I stood cemented to the ground; my mouth open in complete shock and my eyes filled with tears.

What's happening to me?

Am I dying?

Why am I seeing all this?

All those thoughts were put on hold as I took a few steps into the ground where my mom's tree once stood. Instead of finding it there like I hoped I would, I found two tombstones covered in tree branches and dying twigs. I don't know why but I was too scared to see whose names were engraved on them.

I had a gut feeling that one of them was mine, but who could the other one belong to? I hoped it wasn't anyone I knew or cared about because I don't know what would even happen to me if they're gone.

With those thoughts echoing through my mind I took a step forward and as if on cue, the twigs and branches dispersed and the names on the tombstones were revealed.

That was a blow that was sure to leave me traumatized for as long as I live, because the names on the tombstones weren't mine.

No.

They were for the only individuals who truly cared about me, who actually loved me, and if it wasn't for them I would've been in a permanent state of depression. The tombstones belonged to them; my parents.

I don't think I was taking the news lightly because there was a severe buzzing sound in my ears and I was sweating profusely. It was getting hard to breathe, my legs were giving out, and before I knew it I collapsed on the floor; a distraught mess.

The world around me was spinning and the buzzing continued to get louder and all my surroundings swiftly disappeared and I woke up from whatever that was; was it a nightmare or was it a dream? I couldn't tell, but something about it made me feel uneasy because I'm pretty sure that wasn't just any dream; it was more of a premonition.

I decided to let it go for now and got up to shut that annoying alarm clock and get ready for a whole new level of hell; high school.

Ever since my parents abruptly moved us from Toronto to Los Angeles, I was growing more fond of the idea of home-schooling.

Before I proceed with my never ending complaints, I should probably introduce myself because you might be wondering who on earth I am. I mean you just second-hand witnessed my nightmare so it's only fair that I introduce myself.

Ummm hello there, HI! My name is Alexis Raven Peirce, daughter of multi-millionaire Jared Daniel Pierce and entrepreneur Vanessa-Jade Pierce. My dad is the CEO of JDP Enterprises, the largest electronics company that owns and runs half of the United States. On the other hand, you have my mom, sole heiress to one of the top cosmetics empires in the world and current CEO of U-Vee.

A few things about me: I am currently 18 years old, born January 1st, 1996. I'm pretty clumsy for someone my age and my friends call me a trouble magnet because wherever Alexis goes, trouble follows.

You might've noticed how my parents are also only children, I find it pretty weird. It's like the world is telling you're going to be alone 'til the day you die; no siblings, no uncles, no aunts, and no cousins. I'm not really ok with that but at least I have my parents.

The thing is, whenever I ask them about it, they give each other that look then go on to telling me it's nothing. Once though, they told me that my mom used to have a younger brother who died in a car accident, and that was that; they never brought up the subject again and I stopped asking.

We were leading a happy life living in Toronto until my parents suddenly decided to move us to Los Angeles because my dad had to take over his late father's business, being the only heir and all, and my mom got promoted to CEO; or at least that's what they told me. I mean, you didn't really have to physically move to Los Angeles right? Couldn't they have operated from the safety of their homes?

Any ways, at first I was really excited for them because they sacrificed everything for me; it was the least I could do. Now that I'm actually here though, I hate it so much; not the place, I meant my life and school and just you know...life. Not only did I leave my group of friends back there, but I also became the center of all pranks in my new school.

The Helen Keller High School is the typical school you would find in movies; The Jocks, the cheerleaders and all that labeling jazz. Being the daughter of business moguls, you would think I'd at least make it to the cool kid's table but no; I ended up making a whole new category just for myself. Humiliating, right? Well that's not the last of it I can assure you.

Not only was I bullied, I was also the bottom of every single joke. Even though I had designer clothes and shoes overflowing my closet, I still chose to wear plain, normal clothes; jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, and a cap. I mean why waste expensive clothes just to go to jail and come back? I didn't really like to flaunt my wealth and it showed in the way I presented myself. My hair was almost always in a high ponytail, and I only used backpacks, not designer bags. All in all I didn't look extremely wealthy but I also didn't look bad, yet I still managed to be the punch line of every student's personal joke book.

Thank God though for the most amazing individuals who, I know for a fact, would always have my back; Sabrina Simons, Brenda Jackson, Ashton Michaels, Jaycee Royce and Aaron Nicholson. We all met when I bumped into them going to English class back in grade 10 and we instantly clicked. They became the brothers and sisters i never had and for that I couldn't be more grateful. I was sort of struggling with my schedule when I accidentally bumped into them. I remember our first encounter as if it were yesterday.

"Um why are you looking at me like that?" I asked in embarrassment because I thought there was something on my face. There's always something on my face; humiliating I know.

"Um who's looking at who boo? No one's looking at you. You're looking at us." Said the blonde haired pretty girl I later learned is Brenda.

"Oh wow that just rhymed! You're a frickin poet girl! The next Shakespeare!" Said a guy with blonde hair; Ashton.

"Pffft Shakespeare who? She's the next Rap-tatoe!" Replied the hoodie dude; Aaron.

"I would ask what in the same heck that means; but that'll imply that I care." Said Brenda looking at him with disgust.

"Oh come on you know you love me princess" he replied, ruffling her hair.

I had to intervene and before my brain filtered the information, my mouth started blabbing.

"Um excuse me hoodie dude, but in no world do you ruffle a girl's hair. We spend a considerable amount of time brushing and straightening our hair every single day. It takes hard work and determination to look that pretty," I say pointing at the girl, "and it is not appreciated when someone like you- who doesn't even know the first thing about fashion- comes and ruins the good work and makes her look like a stray puppy that hasn't been groomed in ages!!" I finish with a huff because DAMN that was long.

They all looked at me dumbfounded as I stared at them with the same look of surprise because what on earth did I just say? Why do I keep doing this to myself. I bring the wrath of the cool crew upon myself.

We stood there staring at each other for a good five minutes until the hoodie guy spoke; breaking the tension.

"Rawr."

Which got us all laughing so hard they forgot the blabber mouth who just dissed both their friends.

"I like you new girl. My name is Brenda by the way. The hooded vagabond here is Aaron, and blondie dimwit there is Ashton."

"Hi guys my name is Alexis or Lexi for short." I replied, liking them by the second.

Ashton snatched my schedule from my hand and started reading through it while resting his arm on my shoulder.

One word; ow.

"Ohh nice, Blabby Mc Blablab here has English, PE and Computers with us."

"That definitely means that you'll be joining our humble lunch table group! I'll introduce you to everyone else." Brenda exclaimed jumping up and down. "Come on now let's go to class before we're late guys. Mr. Cedric is rumoured to very mean and witchy."

With that we all followed her to English class; my first class ever in LA. I really liked them very much and I could tell they liked me too. They were actually the first students at High School Horror that didn't feel disgusted by my repulsiveness. They actually thought I was "funny and cool"; their words not mine.

After that it was meeting after class, sitting together at lunch, talking together when we got home  until we became completely inseparable.

I smiled at the much needed trip down memory lane and quickly jumped off of bed.

Me being me, of course I tripped, stubbed my toe and hit my forehead; all within the 10 seconds it took to get my slippers.

What a perfect start to the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 19.1K 51
Kidnap, torture, kill, repeat. That's how this serial killer rolls. So, what does it take for one boy to escape his horrifying captivity? It takes gu...
106K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...
1.9K 86 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...
105K 2.7K 33
Have you ever seen a play? Watching actors parade around a stage reciting made up lines to entertain an audience, or walk away in tears when the boos...