In Your Dreams (BxB) ✓

By guwuega

Jay Wilson, an 18 year old senior in high school, is just an average guy. His entire life has been a slow ser... More

hi.
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentytwo
twentythree
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
XXX
thirtyone
thirtytwo
thirtythree
thirtyfour
thirtyfive
thirtysix
thirtyseven
thirtyeight
thirtynine
forty
• epilogue
final author's note

twentyfour

1.1K 50 3
By guwuega

One week later...

The last week at school before the trip was great. School went on as usual, I got all of my work done in advance of this week, and everything is in order. I knew it would pay off working twice as hard the week before instead of trying to make it up the week after coming back home from the trip. Now I'm ahead of the game, and so is Christian.

Speaking of Christian, his dad was forced to finance a big part of the trip because of the low amount of people going. It was Christian, myself, Mrs. Dwyer, and Mr. Nolan, which was six less than what they needed to get sponsored. The school paid for half, and Ethan paid for the other half, plus our fees. He said it was nothing, but I feel eternally indebted to him now. He has done so much for me and Christian, but he keeps saying that it's all for what I did for him. I didn't do anything for him, though. I just helped something along that was waiting to happen, so I felt very over treated, but he was so insistent. I guess I impacted him more than I could ever imagine.

I remember the conversation I had with Ethan before getting on the plane, still in the airport.

"Please take care of Christian while you guys are there. He thinks he's invincible sometimes, and I'm worried about him going off alone," Ethan said.

"He won't be alone. I'll be by his side the entire trip, and we are going to have a great time. Don't even worry about us."

"Please, take this cash with you. I want you to be able to afford anything you want or need."

"Ethan, I don't deserve this."

"Jay, I can never make up for what all you've done for my son and I. Please, never think you are being greedy, I am just doing everything I can to show my gratitude."

"I'll take this, as long as you don't do it anymore. I appreciate the extra cash for the trip to get souvenirs, but afterward I want you to treat me normally. You have infinitely made it up to me, I promise."

"Fair enough. I'm just so grateful. He's never been so happy in all his life. It's so nice to have him back to being who he was as a kid."

"Thank you for everything, Ethan. As far as I see, you are a great dad, not just to Christian, but to me, as well." He hugged me tightly like a loving father would.

"Well, I have to get to work, I'll see you boys next week. Stay safe."

I'm lucky to have a future father-in-law that has already basically given me his blessing, betting that I will be with Christian forever. Christian's soft, barely audible snores as he lays against my shoulder make me warm inside. I pet his hair with my hand, knowing how tired he must be after having that horrible night terror last night. I thought he would never snap out of it, I was yelling so loudly to wake him. After him thrashing about for nearly two minutes, he collapsed into my arms and sobbed. He wouldn't tell me about it, and when I awoke after going back to sleep, he had said sleep never came again for him. I know how awful they are, because I used to have them as a kid.

During the week at school, Quentin sat with us at lunch on Monday. After shouting that Christian was nothing more than my "social project" and storming away, I haven't seen his or Hector's face. As far as I know, they could be broken up, because neither of them would return my messages or calls. So I'm guessing Hector now hates me as well, and I'll probably never see them again, at least in good faith. Considering Quen had to have told Hector about Him and I. I can't seem to shake the thought that this is all my fault from my head. Hell, it is all my fault.

Jessie is doing great. She has been getting more out there, now that she isn't tied to me anymore. She has texted me the details of a certain hookup with a certain someone we were both talking about the day we made up. Christian, Jessie and I all hung out Friday at her house and talked about everything and just caught up. I feel like I've neglected her along this new journey I've been on, but she is trying to get over me, and I want her to. So if we need to limit our time together, I understand.

Rosie and Kelsey are broken up as of right now. It's honestly devastating to me how perfect they seemed together, and now they aren't anymore. Of course, I've talked to both of them everyday and they talk about how much they miss each other. So it won't be long before they are running into each others arms again, which is a comforting thought. The reason they broke up was dumb, over some stupid argument about where they would live when they got married. It just proves they will be together forever.

Luke is doing as well as a guy who was mentally shaken to the core can. The guys that jumped him are all in juvie, thank God. Pete was 18, so that asshole might be getting mental profiling from the police for all I know, which is great. He's always seemed sociopathic to me. Luke came over one day after we got home from school and cried his eyes out apologizing to Christian, and to me as well, though he had already. I hope he can find someone as equally as arrogant and asshole-ish to fuck around with.

Ethan is actually pursuing a relationship with Tobias! That was the highlight of my week, considering it was my advice that screwed him over at first. Tobias had realized hidden feelings after Ethan questioned him about being bi or gay. Turns out he is bi, and didn't really act upon it until he felt the need to. I actually got to meet Tobias at dinner at Christian's house. He is very handsome and has a sexy New Zealand accent, which was not mentioned beforehand. They already seem so close, which I guess is another way I've changed Ethan's life for the better. I can see his meaning behind the gratitude, but it didn't cost me anything to be woke af.

Mom is still same old, same old. We got to spend the day together Saturday, just the two of us, which was awesome. She wanted to see me before I left for an entire week, so we just saw a movie and shopped. It's amazing how she is like a best friend, but also a guardian angel at the same time. The definition of a mother: your guardian angel but your BFF. I tried to get her to flirt with guys while we were out, but she kept saying it didn't matter to her. I wanted to cry, because I don't want her to be lonely. She could at least have a one night stand and be sufficient for a while, she is lonely!

Christian has been very different since last Sunday night. He seems giddier, though we haven't had any sex at all since. I feel like he's either planning to break up with me, or is planning to do something nice for me. I'll pray for the latter. I shift down into the seat and put in my earbuds, resting my head against his. I need to sleep or else I'm forced to watch Minions directly in front of me. We've got about 4 hours left on this flight, and then we are in another city that I've always dreamed of visiting.

~

Christian gasps in awe of our first steps into a new world. We step off the plane and shuffle through crowds of people rushing without care. Christian gets knocked over and cursed out, when he didn't even cause the accident. I tried to cause trouble, but Christian held me back and said it was fine. I already can't stand the people here, they are so inconsiderate, and it's only been five minutes. I'm trying not to assume all New Yorkers are rude, but they really don't do much to shake the stereotype.

Other than that incident, just being in New York City, even if it's just Laguardia airport, is something else. It is like a dream, I never expected to come here so soon. We pick up our luggage and head out the doors. Christian continually gasps in awe of the big buildings, nice architecture, and different crazy happenings.

"Mrs. Dwyer," Christian asks, "how come we are walking?"

"Well, we can get a view into what it may be like to commute to work and whatnot. Also, we are taking the subway to another part of the city where our hotel and most activities will be. So it's better to walk and beat this awful traffic."

"What will we be doing today?" I ask, not bothering to check our itinerary because I suck.

"We are going to get settled in our hotel rooms, then after we rest from the plane ride and the commute to the hotel, then we are out for dinner. Nothing educational today, sorry."

"Not complaining!" I say with a laugh.

"Yeah, the real fun starts tomorrow!" Christian announces to me and begins walking backwards in front of me. "Excited?"

"Maybe not as much as you, but yeah." He sticks his tongue out at me, then trips and falls back on his ass. I laugh and rush to help him.

"This isn't funny, stop laughing," Christian scolds.

"So sorry, Mr. Tanner," I say cordially, offering him a hand like a gentleman. He takes it and I lift him with enough strength to send him into my arms. He surprises me with a hug, and risking getting in trouble for PDA from Mr. Nolan, I return it warmly. I pull away from him slightly and look into his starry eyes, noticing his big childish grin. "What is it?"

"I'm just so excited to be here, with you..." he whispers.

"Now, kiss," Mrs. Dwyer whispers to herself, and Christian and I both hear her, snapping our heads to her direction. Mr. Nolan nudges her with his elbow and stifles his laughter.

"Leave it to the Lit teacher to romanticize everything." She grumbles and slaps the back of his head, causing Christian and I to both laugh. "Seriously, you kids need to chill. Wait until we're at least at the Statue of Liberty to kiss or something." He pushes past us and Mrs. Dwyer scrambles to catch up to him. I look to Christian and he giggles.

"Let's go!" He takes my hand and drags me along with him as we run together to catch up with the others. He finds a way to enchant every moment I am with him, even just by holding my hand.

~

"This is where you two will be staying, I hope it's to you're liking. As you know, Mr. Tanner, we know your father quite well. He says this room will do nicely."

"Holy shit, that's awesome. Thanks so much, mister." Christian shakes his hand, closing the door while I move in the luggage. After checking out the bathroom, which is too nice, we both throw ourselves into our own respective beds, then I laugh. "What's so funny?" Christian asks.

"We both know we only need one bed," I say and he laughs as well.

"You never know, I guess. There's no way they would've known that, anyways."

"I'm so tired from the plane ride, even though I slept for a good bit of it. I think I'm gonna take a nap if we have three hours. The subway ride was different, but I wouldn't say fun."

"Yeah, the first flight is always hard. I remember my first plane ride, though it was to England, so it was twice as long if not longer than this one. I felt like garbage."

"Does it get easier?"

"Not really," he says bluntly. I laugh, launching myself onto his bed and wrapping myself onto him. Christian fights me and chuckles, but I have a hold on him and he can't get free. I relax and lie next to him, allowing him to run his fingers in my hair.

"You say that you've dreamed of coming to NYC, but you have been to England. Isn't that like a step up? Why New York?" I feel like the question might bug him.

"This is where I was born. Subsequently, Mom died, and Dad and I only stayed in New York for a year before moving. He's told me about it all my life, and I just had to see it for myself."

"How come you never went with your dad on trips?"

"He never came to New York when we were on good terms with each other. After he began distancing himself, he barely even mentioned if he was going on a trip. The housekeeper would tell me usually."

"Let's not dwell on the past anymore, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I know those things stress you out. How about we rest a bit."

"Alright." Christian nuzzles into my neck, when suddenly my phone receives a text. I take it in my hand and see a name I haven't seen in days.

Hector
I want to hate you, but I just can't.

Hector (xxx-xxx-xxxx) has blocked you.

"Ugh," I grumble in frustration. "This whole mess is tearing me apart at the seams."

"Hey, this trip is for relaxation. No stressing about them unless it's important, okay?"

"Alright."

~⭐️

what the fuck are perfect places anyway
if you know that song i love you
this chapter was weird but idc i needed a time jump

at the top is cover #3 btw 😚

chapter is over bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 50.3K 13
[THIS IS A SAMPLE. READ THE FULL BOOK ON RADISH FICTION] ---- Wyatt Wilson has always been at the top of his grade. He's winning every quiz, debate...
3.5K 343 33
After being trampled by college seniors, Jay runs away after being deceived by his crush too. Now this lonely boy, along with the social troubles of...
108K 7.8K 79
In the day-to-day trenches of high school, it is almost the default-setting to believe we are the main character of our own coming-of-age story. Thi...
319 21 15
Travis MacArthur, who recently started his senior year in high school, was comfortably settling into his seemingly ordinary life, living with his bus...