Tourniquet || Damon Salvatore...

By sewerbats

"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Not... More

Disclaimer
Playlist
Chapter 1: The New Guy
Chapter 2: The Encounter
Chapter 3: Visiting Vicki
Chapter 4: Brotherly Fued?
Chapter 5: Bonnie's Words Of Caution
Chapter 6: The Dinner
Chapter 7: Founders Party
Chapter 9: Sexy Suds Car Wash
Chapter 10: Vampire
Chapter 11: Vicki's Vanishing Act
Chapter 12: No Remorse
Chapter 13: Inhumane
Chapter 14: Memory Gaps
Chapter 15: The Talisman
Chapter 16: Remember
Chapter 17: Logan Fell
Chapter 18: Roadtrip To Georgia
Chapter 19: The Kiss
Chapter 20: I Care About You
Chapter 21: Revealations
Chapter 22: The Grimoire
Chapter 24: Who Is Isobel?
Chapter 25: No Secrets
Chapter 26: His Own Desire
Chapter 27: Under Control?
Chapter 28: Off His Rocker
Chapter 29: Stefan's Crisis
Chapter 30: Isobel's Visit
Chapter 31: Founder's Day Parade

Chapter 23: Into The Tomb

5.2K 121 25
By sewerbats

My eyelids jutted open as I groggily woke up. I wasn't in my comfy bed which prompted the events of last night to play in my mind. Elena was walking me home when I suddenly saw her get knocked over the head. I didn't see anything so I quickly went to call Stefan on my phone After that, all I remember is the world fading to black.

As I gasped and frantically sat up in an unfamiliar bed, I saw a guy sitting in a chair sleeping. It was Ben, the guy Bonnie went on a date with! I grimaced and held a hand to the back of my head that was aching from the sudden movement and quickly turned to my side and saw an unconscious Elena. I frantically shook her.

When she woke up, her eyes wandered around the room with evident confusion. Before she could say anything, I placed a finger to her lips and shushed her. I looked around for a way out and came to the conclusion that the only way out was the front door. I noticed Elena was looking from Ben to the door, thinking the same thing.

She motioned to the door with her head and I nodded to her before the two of us quietly slid off the bed. We then slowly
stepped over Ben's outstretched leg.

Anxiously, I watched as Elena unlocked the deadbolt on the door. I kept looking back at Ben to make sure he was still asleep. Right when Elena turned the lock on the door and was about to open it, we suddenly heard, "I wouldn't."

Elena and I gasped before spinning around to see Ben inch toward Elena and I. He tried to use his compulsion on Elena and commanded, "Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?"

"I understand." Elena spoke out, pretending that she was compelled. I knew she wasn't because she still had her vervain necklace on. Thankfully I was wearing my vervain bracelet Stefan gave me.

My eyes moved away from Elena to Ben, who was now staring at me. He gave me a sinister smirk and began his attempt to compel me, "The same thing goes to you. Got it?"

My eyes didn't leave his as I blankly replied, "Yes." I mirrored what I saw Alaric do when Damon compelled him at the dance. Hopefully Ben would buy it...

Ben let out an airy chuckle, believing he compelled us and turned around. My eyes watched as he headed toward the mini-fridge in the room. I quickly glanced over at Elena who didn't hesitate to open the door. The two of us bolted out only to be stopped by some girl that looked around Jeremy's age.

The girl grabbed Elena and I by the hair with what appeared to be supernatural strength and pushed us back into the motel room.

"Seriously?!" The girl bellowed out, looking at Ben. She kept a tight grip on Elena and shoved me toward Ben.

Ben roughly grabbed me by the shoulders and fretted, "I told them not to move! I did that eye thing that you taught me!" This caused me to suppress back a chuckle.

"And forgot the lesson about vervain! One of them dates a vampire, Ben. Duh!" The girl lectured, before turning her attention to Elena who she pushed against a wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Elena demanded. After Elena finished her last sentence the girl opened what appeared to be the bathroom door.

"Doesn't matter." The girl responded before forcefully pushing Elena into the bathroom and shutting the door. She turned back to me, clearly not forgetting my presence and walked closer. She looked at me with curiosity, like I was some kind of foreign specimen.

She tilted her head to the side as she commented out,"So you're the one in cahoots with Damon. Huh... I never would've thought..." She mumbled out the last part inaudibly so I couldn't hear what she fully said. I felt Ben release his hold on me and faintly heard him walk away.

I rolled my eyes and rudely retorted to my captor, "I'm not in cahoots with Damon."

She rolled her eyes at me and replied, "You're not fooling anyone. He'll show up and give me what I want."

I gritted my teeth at the girl and venomously spat out,"Sorry to burst your bubble but you kidnapped the wrong girl. Damon and I really are nothing," My heart stung at my own words but after what he did to me I couldn't help but feel that it was the truth.

"Even if he won't come, Elena is the perfect leverage to get Stefan," The girl confidently explained to me. She then turned her attention away from me.

I looked over at the bathroom door where Ben previously put Elena. He burst through it and shortly I heard none other than Bonnie speak out. I couldn't make out what she said but I exclaimed out of horror, "Bonnie?!"

I watched as Ben pushed Elena out of the bathroom roughly. "She wants to talk with you," he snarled before closing the bathroom door.

Elena stumbled over to our captor who was currently leaning against a table, staring at Elena. She broke the silence by disclosing," Well, well. Elena Gilbert. You really are Katherine's doppelgänger. You must have the Salvatore boys reeling."

"Who are you?" Elena questioned out.

"I'm Anna. Your brother may have mentioned me," Anna answered. She then changed her tone to a very girlish and sarcastic one before continuing,"I mean, we're like, practically dating."

I crossed my arms and murmured out to myself, "I liked Vicki better."

All I could think about was Damon while Anna gazed out the motel window. I was frustrated to say the least. He betrayed me and I didn't understand why he did it. Did he really just use me like Caroline? Or did his impulsiveness get the best of him?

"Bonnie's not gonna open the tomb," Elena disclosed to Anna, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I think she will," Anna assured, unconvinced by Elena's words.

"Do you really want Katherine out that bad?" I commented out of annoyance. It seemed like everyone wanted Katherine.

Anna turned her attention to me and replied darkly,"Trust me. No one I know wants to see that girl again. Except Damon, the lovestruck idiot."

I pressed further and inquired in a challenging manner,"Then what is it? Or who is it?"

"My mother's in there," Anna answered before walking toward Elena. When she reached Elena she continued,"Katherine couldn't help herself. She just had to toy around with both of the Salvatore brothers. And when she got caught, so did my mother. I watched Jonathan Gilbert take her away."

Elena murmured out apologetically,"I'm sorry."

Anna chuckled and snapped, "You really mean that, don't you? Yeah, I think we'll skip the dead mom bonding so you can start serving a purpose."

"Which is what?" Elena questioned nervously.

"Leverage," Anna replied before grabbing Elena's phone from a table and held it up,"This belong to you?" When Elena tried to grab it from her the girl pulled it away and chimed,"Ah-ah!"

I sighed out of annoyance and watched as she walked across the room and called a phone number on Elena's phone.

"They're fine. For now. Tell me you have the grimoire and they'll stay fine," Anna spoke to who I assumed was Stefan.

"Which means your brother has it. And I have the witch. So one of you had better meet me in the very public town square in 30 minutes so we can safely discuss how fun it's gonna be to work together," She continued darkly after a moment of silence.

"I'm leaving," Anna spoke out to Ben as he opened the door to the bathroom and led Bonnie out. I frowned as I took in Bonnie's disheveled appearance. She looked exhausted and it worried me greatly.

"Keep them buttoned down. Compulsion won't work. Just use violence," Anna plainly added.

"Right. I got that," Ben affirmed, and to that statement Anna left.

Ben pushed Bonnie onto the bed across from the one Elena and I were sitting on. He then rudely spat out," Sit. Behave." The captor then took off his jacket and stared at Bonnie coldly, "So you're the key to this. Literally. The one who opens the door. Tell me, how long have you been a witch?" Bonnie didn't respond to Ben and instead she just glared at him.

"Is there anything to drink here?" Elena complained, crossing her arms.

Ben got up and walked over to Elena and smirked devilishly,"Are you offering?" After pausing he continued, "There's water on the night stand."

"I got it," I nonchalantly commented before I grabbed the the glass of water and handed it to her.

"Hey. Can I have a sip?" Bonnie questioned to Elena in a 'I have a plan' tone.

I gave Elena a look to try and get her on the same page as Bonnie and I. When she understood, she pulled the glass away from her mouth and handed it over to Bonnie. Bonnie took it and tossed the water on Ben.

The witch then instantly turned the water into flames. My eyes widened as Ben yelled and patted the flame down on his arm. We took our chance and ran to the door.

Bonnie and Elena made it to the door and we're ready to run out but to my dismay, Ben grabbed me before I was able to leave. "Go!" I shouted to my friends.

"Come back in! Shut the door!" Ben yelled at them.

Elena walked back in the room along with Bonnie, who shouted out,"Don't hurt her!"

"Don't make me!" Ben growled back.
Bonnie shut the door behind her reluctantly. "Lock it!" Ben commanded and Bonnie dead bolted it.

Ben was pacing in front of Bonnie, Elena, and I as we sat on the beds. "Witches don't have eternal life, right? So you guys can die." Ben started.

Bonnie bluntly replied,"Yep. We can die." I let out a laugh I was holding back from her bluntness.

Ben glared at me before looking back at Bonnie. He then replied in a condescending tone,"Ah. That sucks."

All of a sudden, the door was broken down revealing none other than Stefan. The sunlight poured into the dark room, burning Ben. Stefan immediately raced over to the side of the room and ripped the curtain open. This allowed more sunlight to pour in. Ben yelled and hid in the darkness between the two beds.

I glanced at Stefan and then the door, waiting for Damon to come in. I frowned when the realization hit me that he didn't come with Stefan. This fueled my worry that he didn't care about our friendship.

"Stefan!" Elena thankfully cheered as we all got up and dashed out the door.

"Let's get outside!" Stefan called out to us before walking over to Ben.

As soon as I parted from my friends I headed over to the Salvatore boarding house, where I knew Damon would most likely be.

I busted through the front door, knowing it wasn't locked. "Want to explain to me why you weren't with your brother when he rescued Elena, Bonnie, and I?" I shouted. I was angry and more importantly I wanted answers. It was the least he could do after threatening to turn me into a vampire and shoving his blood in my mouth.

I found him lounging in the living room. He had a glass full of bourbon and the grimoire in his hand. "I've been busy," He replied nonchalantly.

I walked closer to him and snatched his cup full of bourbon before he could press it to his lips. He stared at me and finally noticed I was fuming.

"To think that I was willing to forgive you. I don't think I can. Stefan told me that you knew where we were and you didn't even bother to come and get me! I thought we were closer! " I barked at him.

Damon stood up from the chair he was sitting on and placed down the grimoire. He then softly grabbed my shoulders and his breathtakingly blue eyes locked with mine. Even though I was enthralled, I willed myself to break the contact.

"You know, I was actually sad that you would be leaving once you got Katherine... But now, I don't care. Everyone was right about you using me. " I bitterly remarked. In that moment I chucked the glass of bourbon toward the wall and it shattered into pieces.

The whole time he was staring at me with wide eyes. The realization of what I just did and said to him hit me. I moved a shaky hand to my mouth and lightly gasped. I was disappointed and stunned by my own outburst.

"Arina..." Damon started, staring at me bewildered.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me," I shakily cut him off as I rushed over to pick up the broken glass.

"Hey I wouldn't-" he started but was too late to stop me. I cut my finger on the broken glass. "-do that." He finished before reaching me in an instant with his vampiric speed. Damon gingerly grabbed my hand and inspected it. I studied his face and saw he had that bewildered facial expression as he studied my hand.

When I looked down I saw what he was bewildered about. Along the cut on my finger was something plant-like sprouting from it. All of the veins extending to my finger were replaced with greenish-brown root-like ones.

"W-what are you?" He uttered out, staring at me with confusion. His eyebrows were knitted together as he looked at me like I was a stranger. Despite his bewilderment he didn't move away from me.

"I need to go," I spoke up, breaking away from him and heading towards the door. I suddenly spotted Elena in the house. She was staring at the both of us oddly.

Elena nervously removed her scarf and as Damon and I looked at her. I quickly hid my injured hand behind my back. "I'm gonna have to change the locks. You stage a jailbreak?" He spoke to her as if nothing had happened between us. He picked the grimoire back up.

"Stefan," Elena replied.

"Ah, brother. Ever the white knight." Damon spoke with a fake smile, sneaking a glance at me.

Elena told him,"I convinced Bonnie to help you."

Damon replied with skepticism," I doubt that."

I watched as Elena walked around the edge of the study toward the stairs, leading to the sunken part of the room where Damon was.

Elena looked at Damon and elaborated,"I'm not gonna say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night, because I'm not really."

"Well, at least you're honest," He replied glancing at me, still thrown off by what happened between us.

"I was protecting the people I love, Damon. But so were you, in your own, twisted way. And as hard as it is to figure, we're all on the same side, after the same thing," Elena told him before slowly descending down the stairs.

"Not interested," Damon cut her off and headed to where I was. He must've had more he wanted to say to me but Elena wasn't going to end the conversation that quickly.

"Yes you are, because you were willing to work with us yesterday," Elena continued, stopping Damon in place.

He turned around, looked her and murmured out,"Fool me once, shame on you."

"How ironic," I commented frustratedly. Damon took note of what I said and walked toward Elena with his arms crossed.

"You and I...we have something. An understanding. And I know that my betrayal hurt you, different from how it is with you and Stefan, but I'm promising you this now, I will help you get Katherine back," Elena explained to him. I raised an eyebrow at the mention of this 'understanding' they apparently had.

Damon groaned, clearly unconvinced and murmured to her, "I wish I could believe you."

Elena unclasped her necklace and showed it to Damon. She then set it down nearby before replying,"Ask me if I'm lying now."

"You know Anna won't stop, by the way, no matter what I do, or any of us," He spoke, glancing at me once again.

"Then we'll deal with it," I softly spoke after sighing. I looked over at Elena, refusing to make eye contact with Damon.

Elena briefly nodded to me before she grabbed her necklace, waiting for Damon to respond. When he did, he stated to Elena, "I'm trusting you. Don't make me regret it."

Elena nodded to him then left house. As I was about to follow after her, I heard Damon softly murmur out, "Wait... Arina don't leave."

I turned around and shot him a confused look as I questioned out exasperatedly, "What Damon?"

Damon softly exhaled before replying, "I'm sorry I betrayed you. What I did yesterday was wrong. I realize that I let you down." He turned away from me for a moment and murmured out, "At a certain point in my life I would've thought what I did was right. Now I'm not so sure."

I walked toward him. I was now further from the doorway and inquired, "Because of Katherine?"

Damon turned around and stared at me with melancholic blue eyes and nodded, "Yeah. I can remember it like it was yesterday. She showed me how to prey on humans. I remember one time in particular where Katherine made me act like I was dead so she could lure the driver out of the carriage to check up on me. While he was distracted, she preyed on the passenger. She then went after the driver. The sight of her face covered in crimson after the matter is still vivid in my memories. I was still human and I was horrified by what she did yet I still loved her."

Damon paused for a moment before he continued, "I remember the exact words she spoke to me: 'are you sure you're ready for this?'  I wanted to be with her forever and blindly told her yes. I still want to be with her but...ever since I've met you, I've found myself questioning the type of person I want to be."

Staring at Damon in shock, I uttered out, "Damon...I want to trust you and I want to believe you but you really hurt me. How do I know you won't do it again?"

"I don't want to lose your friendship. I promise I'll do things different this time," Damon seriously replied, moving over to me.

I stared at the ground for a moment, nibbling on my bottom lip as I mulled over his words. I was probably going to regret it but I decided to give him another chance. When I looked up at him, I replied softly, "Alright. How about we cut through the party in the woods on our way to get Katherine."

Damon looked at me with gentle eyes and smiled softly as he responded to me, "I'd like that."

Damon and I arrived at the party in the woods together. There were over a dozen students drinking and chatting. I envied all of them. They were unaware of what really occurred in Mystic Falls.

"Arina, about earlier," Damon murmured, moving closer to me. When I felt his leather jacket come into contact with my skin, I quickly looked up at him.

"Yeah?" I inquired calmly.

"Maybe if things weren't the way they were, you and I-" he started but was cut off by Matt who loudly called out, "Arina, hey!" The blue-eyed athlete was accompanied by Caroline. A small smile formed on my lips because of how cute they looked together.

I pushed back my curiousity in relation to what Damon was going to say and focused on Caroline who trepidatiously remarked, "Arina! Oh my God, where have you been?" As she spoke I noticed that she quickly intertwined her fingers with Matt's in an attempt to mark her territory.

Before I could say anything Damon replied protectively, " Long story, no time to tell it."

"I wasn't talking to you," Caroline replied while narrowing her eyes at him, equally annoyed.

"Sure you were," Damon smirked rudely at her, causing me to softly elbow him.

"We haven't met. I'm Matt. Are you Arina's new boyfriend?" Matt greeted, holding his hand out for Damon to shake.

"Matt, there's a reason we haven't met." Damon explained to him, averting matt's question. He then turned to me, looped an arm with mine and softly whispered in my ear,"You and I are going that way."

Before he dragged me away, I exchanged a look with Caroline and Matt. "We can catch up later, okay?" I politely smiled to Matt and Caroline as they watched Damon and I leave the bustling party.

As Damon and I approached the others we heard Bonnie's Grandmother question out,"Are you sure that Damon will come back with her?"

Now grabbing one of my hands, Damon whistled to everyone and they averted their attention to him, then at our intertwined hands. His warm hand felt rough with callouses I wanted to trace my fingertips over.

"Brother. Witches," Damon greeted, striding past them with the Grimoire as I trudged beside him.

"I just want to get this over with. Everyone ready?" Elena mumbled out with annoyance in her voice.

Bonnie nodded and replied, "Guess so."

We then descended the stairs into the tomb and Damon released my hand from his. This gave Stefan the opportune moment to approach me and discreetly question out, "Everything okay?" I simply shrugged my shoulders in response.

After Sheila got settled, we all watched as she and Bonnie recited a spell at the tomb. Their hands were interlocked and their eyes were closed.

"What are they saying?" I questioned out to anyone.

"Sounds Latin," Stefan answered.

"I don't think it's Latin," Elena countered.

A couple seconds later the torches flared up. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Elena grab onto Stefan's arm."What's happening?" Elena asked, thinking the same thing as me.

The door to the tomb slowly opened prompting Bonnie and her grandma to stop chanting."It worked!" Bonnie murmured in awe.

"Of course it worked," Sheila replied to Bonnie with confidence.

I tuned out everything that was being said as I stared at the tomb. After tonight Damon would be leaving Mystic falls. He would be with Katherine. I felt a small pit in my stomach at the thought and felt myself frown.

Damon broke me out of my thoughts when he questioned out to me," You ready?"

"Wait, what?" I quirked a brow as I peered at him then at everyone else. Did I tune out something important?

Damon turned to Sheila and Bonnie and explained in disbelief,"You think I'm gonna go in there by myself so you can seal me in?"

He softly grabbed me which led Sheila to threaten him,"Don't take her in. I'll bring the walls down." What Bonnies' grandmother didn't realize was that if I wanted to I could break out of his grip. I think he did this on purpose to reassure me that I was safe.

"You'll bring the walls down if I don't. You think I trust you?" Damon quickly replied while narrowing his eyes at Sheila.

"As much as I trust you," Sheila responded to him with an equal amount of skepticism.

"Arina, think about what you're doing carefully," Elena chimed in.

This argument would go on for all night if I didn't interfere so I finally explained to Sheila and Elena," I understand your guys' concern but try to look at the situation from his perspective. Damon needs leverage. He needs to know that you're not going to shut the door when he gets inside. I'll go in with him."

Damon nodded his head at me gratefully and grabbed a torch from the circle, "May I?" He questioned politely before grabbing it.

As Elena handed me a flashlight she whispered to me, "Nobody is forcing you to do this. You can opt out."

"I know Elena. I appreciate your concern." I replied calmly and patted Elena's shoulder. I noticed that there was still tension in the air so I reassured Sheila, Bonnie and Elena with a small smile before following Damon into the tomb.

The air was stale and I gulped as I swatted away a cobweb from my face, trying to keep up with Damon. As Damon and I continued onward in the dark tomb we heard whispers that seemed to echo for what seemed like forever. "Do you hear the whispers too?" I anxiously questioned to him and tightly gripped his muscular arm.

"They can sense you." Damon explained nonchalantly as he scanned the area with his torch. "Now, where is she?" He inquired to himself, breaking from my grip. He then took off, leaving me behind.

"You've got to be kidding me! Damon!" I shouted and tried to chase after him.

As I continued through the tomb I still heard the whispering around me. It felt like I was being watched with every corner I turned. I moved my flashlight around and saw numerous mummified vampires that were wearing clothing from 1864. Their eyes were open and bloodshot with hunger. I would scream but I was frightened to the point where I froze in place.

When the realization of my vulnerability near all of these vampires hit me, I shakily murmured to myself,"I need to get out of here." I then quickly backtracked, searching for the exit.

As I turned a corner, my flashlight beamed on Anna. I stopped in place when she shined her flashlight on me and darkly taunted,"You must have a taste for it. You scream and shriek and even bother to escape, but then you just come right back to it."

I walked backwards, praying Damon would come and get me out of here. I accidentally stumbled into a mummified woman and Anna instantly kneeled beside the vampire. Anna caressed the vampire's arm in an affectionate manner. It must've been her mom.

"Mother! Mother. Your boyfriend did this, you know," Anna shouted at her mother then at me.

"He's not my boyfriend and his father did this," I corrected her with venom laced in my voice.

Anna stood up, faced me, and darkly replied,"And Jonathan Gilbert. I made a choice a long time ago that it would be Gilbert blood that brought her back to life. I had Jeremy all ready to go but even though you're not a Gilbert you'll have to do."

My eyes widened as I gasped, bolting away. Unfortunately, in a split second she was in front of me. She roughly grabbed me by the wrist and bit down. I howled in pain as she pushed me down to the ground, across her Mother's lap. Anna then took my wrist and put it up to her mother's mouth. Her mother instantly began to drink.

"Damon!" I screamed his name out, hoping he would come and help me. Anna ignored me and whispered something to her mother who was still sucking on my wrist.

"Let her go!" I whipped my head to the side and saw Stefan. He roughly grabbed Anna and pushed her to the side.

"No!" Anna screamed at Stefan as she fell.

Stefan ignored Anna and carefully grabbed me and helped me up. He studied me to make sure I wasn't seriously injured before pushing me towards the exit.

"Thank you so much Stefan," I thankfully uttered out and gave him a quick hug.

"Go. Go. I'm right behind you," He encouraged me calmly and gave me a gentle nudge to leave. I nodded my head at him then continued to sprint out of the tomb.

When I got out the first thing I saw was Elena. "Arina! Thank god you're okay!" She exclaimed pulling me into a tight hug. When she saw Stefan at the entrance she immediately pulled away and walked toward him and said worriedly,"Stefan, why were you so reckless?"

"Reckless? What's going on? Where is Damon?" I questioned out, feeling my self start to panic.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll fix it." Bonnie reassured Elena and I.

"What is it?" I asked Stefan, who still didn't leave the tomb.

"I can't," Stefan sadly responded.

"He can't leave." Elena elaborated, equally as sad as Stefan was.

"The spell's still up. We can't get them out yet," Bonnie explained to Elena and I.

"You went in there not knowing if you could come back out?" I asked Stefan in shock. He did that for me? Stefan looked down, refusing to answer me."Oh, my God..." I added out of shock.

"I heard you scream," Stefan explained to me.

"Damon...We can't leave him in there," I fretted. My stomach churned at the thought of Damon being stuck in there.

"I know," Stefan replied understandingly.

"Even if we're able to break through the seal, we won't be able to hold it for long," Sheila explained.

I sighed and watched Stefan head back into the tomb to look for Damon. In a rash decision I decided to search for him too. I pushed past Elena and Bonnie, following after Stefan.

"Arina! Don't!" Bonnie yelled but it was useless. I had to make sure Damon was okay.

As soon as I found Damon inside the tomb, I grabbed his arm softly, "Damon we need to go."

"She's not here," Damon hoarsely murmured, refusing to look at me. He looked as if he was discontent Uh from reality due to shock.

"How?" I calmly questioned out.

Damon pulled out a blood bag and shouted,"She's not here!" He then threw the blood bag at the wall causing me to jump. The crimson splattered all across it.

"Damon..." I softly comforted him, placing my hands on his face and turned him to look at me. His face was full of anger then softened into sadness when his eyes met mine.

"I'm so sorry this happened. We'll find her though. I promise," I soothed him.

"Damon, we need to get out of here," Stefan spoke up, announcing his presence. I immediately moved my hands away from Damon.

"It doesn't make sense. They locked her inside," Damon furrowed his brows out of confusion.

"If we don't leave now, we're not getting out," Stefan brought up.

"How could she not be in here?" Damon spoke to himself, ignoring Stefan's comment.

"It's not worth spending all of eternity down here. She's not worth it!"Stefan shouted finally snapping and reaching over to grab him.

"No!" Damon shouted then angrily pushed Stefan.

"Damon! Please. We have to go," I begged, feeling tears start to form in my eyes. He stared at me silently for a moment before he started to hurry toward the exit. I ran beside him as Stefan followed us from behind.

As soon as we got out of the tomb, Elena engulfed Stefan in an Embrace. I turned back and saw the door to the tomb closing and the torch dying out.

After thanking Bonnie and Sheila I moved over to Damon, who looked completely miserable and heartbroken. I wrapped my arms around him and placed my head on his shoulder as he pulled me into a tight hug. In my ear I softly heard Damon murmur, "Why wasn't she there?"

I gently pulled away from him and replied soothingly, "We'll figure it out. You've exerted yourself enough for one day. Please go and rest."

Damon nodded to me and softly replied, "Thank you." He then took off, disappearing like fog in the night.

Word Count: 5380
Author's Note: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! I know I enjoyed writing it. Please leave a comment as to what you thought about this chapter. I love reading comments and would appreciate any type of feedback as well. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 5.9K 64
No one knows what happens when you die. It's a mystery that has always been. So when my time came, I accepted it with open arms. But as I entered my...
2.7K 105 34
"To answer your question, Elena, I would not," said Rhys, voice even. "There is not a single thing I would change about Damon Salvatore, even if I we...
78.4K 2.4K 52
It felt like a dream. Having Elena Gilbert's love. Holden lived a full summer for once in his life. With Damon gone after Izzie, and Stefan god knows...
96.3K 1.2K 21
Mortica Bloodrayne is the love of Damon Salvatore's life. Somehow back when they first met the pair fell in love and Damon forgot all about Katherine...