the popular kid ; jack johnson

By radjay

❝I want to be the reason you smile, the person you kiss, and the person who keeps you happy, but I can't be... More

The Popular Kid || Jack Johnson
Tonight's Suprise
The Park
Oops.
Having the flu
Neverland
The Pre-Party
The Party After
Aftermath
Jogging to eat more
No biggie
Missing
Tapping my window
Blackbeards
Relax
New kids
Jay's Date
Monday
Restroom Recovery
Six Flags: Magic Mountian
Imaginary Stars
Girls Night
Mall trip
New Years Eve
Hotel
Break's Last Day
Tape
Tape pt.2
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2
Epilogue #3
note
Another note

T.V Screen

32K 663 228
By radjay

*Jezzabelle's POV*

I woke this morning remembering I was far from home.

Then I remembered a little piece of it was coming today.

I smiled knowing Macy was coming and I had made a new friend.

I went to the living room where a giant clock was and the time said 8 am.

I changed out of my pajamas and decided to eat something.

I made a peanut butter and jelly. Along with that I drank water.

I started to think what if I could go to my parents show them I'm alive then ask them if I could move here?

They'll say no.

I shook off the thought and went to my room. I was looking at the things I left the last time I was here.

I went upstairs walking through every room just remembering every time I had with my family here.

Dean and I used to play 'lava' and hang from the stairs to pretend we were in a near death situation. We would got out on the beach in the middle of the night to search for turtle eggs.

I miss my brother. He's away at college so I hardly ever see him.

My mom and I used to sit on the porch chairs and gaze up at the stars. We would ask each other what we thought was beyond them.

My dad and I would sneak off to the ice cream shop, not too far, after lunch all the time. He and I would talk about basketball. I used to play but not around anyone except my dad.

He made me feel comfortable with my hidden talent. I chose to keep it hidden though.

I still play sometimes, but not with him he's hardly ever home or has time for me.

I like being here but I just wish they were here with me. I want to make more memories but no my ignorant self went and ran away from Jack, Elias, and Bethany.

Just as I was getting mad at myself I heard a knock at the door.

I looked out the window of the room I was in. It was Macy and only her. I saw her car and her brown head of hair by the door.

I went downstairs and just as I opened the door she hugged me. She beat me to it.

"Oh my god Jay." She breathed out. "I thought the phone call was in my head but you're here."

I squeezed her tight..

"Right here Mace." I closed my eyes for a few seconds then pulled away and closed the door.

We walked to the living room and that's when our conversation began.

"Jay," She started,"Why exactly did you leave?"

"Elias is moving." I said lowly,"Jack well confused me. He didn't want to be friends then he did. He said he wouldn't stop trying and the second I refused him. He stopped. Bethany is a torment. When I fought her and I felt something had changed me. It didn't feel good. It's like she was in my head mocking me. I couldn't bare it."

"If I stayed what good would it do? I'm doing people a favor. I would be going insane like I did before when Elias left. I was saving myself from that. You can go date Taylor and join the populars. I wouldn't be a distraction. I wouldn't be in the way. You could be happier along with everyone else." I finished in a hushed tone.

I was laying on the couch with my hands on my stomach and I was looking at the ceiling. Macy was in the recliner.

"Who gets happy when their best friend is gone?" She asked nearly disgusted.

"Tell me, if you were happy that I was gone would you have called me? No. Jay, Elias was along side your parents panicking. I was there too until you called me and I knew you were okay. Jack seemed to be scared too but made him feel pity for hurting you. I blamed him. I was blaming myself. I was blaming Elias, Bethany, everyone!" She shouted but not too loud. She was off the couch now pacing back and forth with her hand on her forehead.

"God Jay!" she hollered waving her hands in the air,"You didn't get rid of your problems or pain, you gave them to everyone else." She let out a small hysteric laugh. "Do I look happy? I was without you, my best friend, and I can assure you this, this is not happiness."

What am I doing to her? She was right I knew it, but I can't leave yet. I barley got here.

"You're right Macy." I whispered. I sat up and looked her shocked expression. I think because I agreed to quick.

She nodded more to herself but I kept talking.

"It was selfish. I'm selfish. I am sorry I made you worry but I can't go. I don't want to. I already left. The last thing I want to do after I left is face them." I said firmly. "Of course I wasn't too excited about leaving you. I-I-I just can't go. Not yet. Macy please! Understand me." I begged,"I need time. Why can't you give that to me?" I asked.

"And how much time is that? I can lie about you forever Jay." She said emotionless. "Jay, the second I figured out you were gone it took me a few seconds to take it in, accept it. I can't accept the fact that my friend--my sister-is going to to be gone." She whimpered.

I actually had given her my pain. I looked in her eyes and saw myself a few days ago.

"Just let me finish this week and then I'll go." I said a little sad but I knew I couldn't hide forever. "I need this time away. Don't you see? I can't stay in that hell hole forever. You're the only person who is actually something to look forward to in that place! Can you please give me this?" Tears were building in my eyes.

One escaped getting its freedom, then another, and soon all of them were sliding slowly down my cheeks.

"Okay." She sighed. I went and gave her a hug. "You just can't leave me there forever alone either."

"I won't. I'll come back." I said calmly in her shoulder.

"I believe you.You better be back Saturday." She scolded.

I let out a choked laugh.

"Okay mom." I said.

I broke away, wiped my tears, and she wiped hers.

"Come on. Let's go get breakfast." She said.

"Alright." A sandwich wasn't going to hold me down.

I grabbed my sunglasses because it was really sunny and a hoodie for the little breeze outside too.

We were walking towards a McDonald's when we passed a small stand when a little T.V. with a news channel on.

The tv read:

Missing Girl: Jezzabelle Nolan

Last seen: 2 days ago

Height: 5'5

Age:17

Eye color: green

Hair color: dirty blonde

Is you see her contact 1-800-Kid-Missing

Next to the set of words was a picture of me.

Panic filled my stomach.

I looked at Macy worriedly.

"Let's just go get our food then worry." She said trying to stay calm.

We went to the restaurant and I waited outside for her. Once she got outside with the food I grabbed her by the wrist and started dragging her by the wrist.

"Where are we going?" She asked trying to break from my grip.

"Just follow." I said as I kept rushing to the store.

Once we got to the store no one was behind the counter. I saw from the window.

We walked in and the bell rang. I had let go of Macy.

I called for Carter.

"Carter!" I called about twice then he came from the door behind the counter.

"Hey Jay what's up?" He asked.

"I'm on the news. I'm fucking missing." I shouted.

I shouted because I was scared. I told Macy I couldn't leave yet but if someone so much as sees me I'll be on my way home.

"Before I respond to you. Who's that?" He asked pointing to Macy.

"Best friend." I said in one word.

"Oh. Now, you're missing?!" He shouted back.

I was internally laughing because he went from confused to blown away.

"I know." I said. "What am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"You've gotta be careful. I'd have to go get things for you. If you don't want to get caught, you can't be noticed."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means when you leave your house don't leave without like a hoodie or those glasses."

"Okay I'll try, bu what if it doesn't work."My chest rising and falling.

"We'll take our chances. Just calm down." He said slowly.

"Alright." I was taking deep breaths.

I had forgotten Macy was with us.

"Yeah hey there guys. Macy here." She waved awkwardly, "Um Jay can I now be told who this is."

"Oh that's Carter." I said a little happier than I was a couple seconds ago.

"You know him how?" She asked still lost.

"Just a friend." I said to her.

"Oh." Is all she replied with. "Hey there... Carter." She said in a shaky tone.

"Hi." He said smiling at her.

There was the confident boy I already trusted that I met yesterday.

"Jay. Sorry to say this but we gotta go cause I have to leave soon." She said reminding me.

"Oh right." I spoke with my words low.

"Bye Carter. I'll be back later." I said as we walked out the door and back to the beach house.

"Who is that?" Macy asked when we were on the beach.

"A friend."

"How come I've never heard of him?" She asked.

"We kinda just met, but he's helping me." I said.

"You can't trust a boy you just met." She said.

"Well I do." I replied quickly.

"Whatever. Let's just eat peacefully." She said once we got to the house.

After a while she had to leave because it was a two hour drive back. I would have to leave on Saturday. I didn't want to, but I had to.

I promised.

Later that day I went back to Carter's to hang out and told him everything.

"You know it's the right thing to go back." He said.

"I know but I just don't want to." I said slowly.

"I don't want to go back and face everyone who hurt me. I only have a little more days left of freedom until I leave." I told him.

"You can overcome them. I know you can. I just want you to realize you don't have freedom here if you stay in hiding. You have it over there. The place you call home." He spoke.

He was right. What good is my freedom if I have to use it in the shadows?

"Thanks for that, Carter. Thanks for everything." I said to him nodding my head.

"Your welcome." He said.

"How is it that you are so confident?" I asked curiously "I don't even have enough confidence from a day to top yours."

"I don't know. It just comes because I'm sure of myself and even when I'm not sure of myself I use the confidence of me being sure I'm unsure. Make sense?" He explained bringing his eyebrows together when he was done.

I nodded. He did make sense in a weird way. I understood him.

"Yeah. Yeah it does."

------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to the people who comment good things on this story you are a gift from heaven! I'm glad a lot of people like my story.

If you follow, comment, or vote I love you even more. :D Thanks again. xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 186 44
THIS IS MY VERY FIRST STORY!!!! NO HATE!! It gets better in the end i promise
89.3K 2.2K 44
What happens when you fall in love with your brothers best friend. Follow Selena's journey through the pain abuse the ups and downs As they say overp...
332 23 22
"I knew I did from the first moment we met. It was.. not love at first sight exactly, but - familiarity. Like: oh, hello, it's you. It's going to be...
2K 75 13
How can you fall in love with someone that you've just met? I didn't even know him. I didn't want to know him, I just wanted to help him. ______ {boo...