the popular kid ; jack johnson

By radjay

❝I want to be the reason you smile, the person you kiss, and the person who keeps you happy, but I can't be... More

The Popular Kid || Jack Johnson
Tonight's Suprise
The Park
Oops.
Having the flu
Neverland
The Pre-Party
The Party After
Aftermath
Jogging to eat more
No biggie
T.V Screen
Tapping my window
Blackbeards
Relax
New kids
Jay's Date
Monday
Restroom Recovery
Six Flags: Magic Mountian
Imaginary Stars
Girls Night
Mall trip
New Years Eve
Hotel
Break's Last Day
Tape
Tape pt.2
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2
Epilogue #3
note
Another note

Missing

34.8K 653 909
By radjay

*Jezzabelle's POV*

The bus ride. Oh, this bus ride.

It's like a heavenly train away from my problems. I was listening to music on my ipod shuffle.

I didn't bring my phone, I wasn't going to risk being found. I wanted to be carefree.

This bus ride is making me feel actually carefree.

My music booming in my ears is helping me forget as well. I just want to arrive and start somewhere in Los Angeles.

New opportunities seem to be screaming my name.

I really hope when people notice I'm gone they won't give two shits so I would know I left that hell hole peacefully.

The only person I know that's going to go insane with my absence is Macy and I'm really sorry for her.

I don't want her worrying about me. Of course I would do the same if she was gone, but I'm just not comfortable with her having the burden of me, Jezzabelle Nolan.

Before I knew it I drifted to sleep in deep thought.

----------------------------------

I woke to find the bus driver shaking me to wake up. She was a cranky old lady.

"Get off my bus. You've reached your destination, now leave." She croaked.

I was slowly opening my eyes to realize I was on a bus, then I remembered everything.

"I'm sorry. Thank you for waking." I was trying to be polite but the ending came out sarcastically.

I got off the bus and knew the place I was at.

When I was little my dad used to bring my family and I here for the summer to handle and check on his stores. When he had finished for the day, we'd go to our beach house. I've roamed these streets before and not a thing was out of place.

I grinned at myself for actually doing it. Leaving successfully.

I noticed it was morning. I started my journey walking to a rent-a-bike place. (lol i have no idea if these exist.)

I got a bike and stated biking my way to our beach house that was a couple, well more than a couple, miles away, but I didn't mind the workout.

The wind hitting my face as I biked down the streets the sights of the stores and little landmarks I made when I was a kid, I missed.

A thought popped into my head my best friend. She'd love to see this.

I left her.

I tried to shake the thought but wouldn't go. I kept biking yet still thinking of the person I grew up with. I feel horrible for leaving her but I hope she understands.

I stopped for a small breakfast break at a Starbucks. I was lucky it wasn't one my dad owned because I would have been taken instantly. I got a coffee and a banana walnut bread. I continued my way on.

I planned on calling Macy once she got out of school.

*Macy's POV*

I got to school and saw Jay's car wasn't in the parking lot. Maybe she and Elias had what they call 'a sleepover' but I honestly am the person who thinks it's much more.

I shrugged it off thinking they bailed.

I was worried when I saw Eli standing my my locker.

"Hey Eli." I waved.

"Hey." He looked up nervously,"Have you seen Jay?" He was scratching his head.

I looked at his eyes they were a little puffy probably from crying. I wonder why.

"Um no." I said opening my locker and getting my books.

"Shit." He whispered and kicked the locker next to mine. Was he blaming himself?

"Whoa Eli. Calm down. Maybe she's sick. It's been one day you haven't seen her. Dial it down." I said slowly putting one arm on his shoulder.

"Yeah." He said lowly then his voice came stronger,"Yeah you're right. Sorry. I'm just a little shaky. That's all. Sorry." He shook his head.

"It's fine. I'll go to her house later to check on her, okay?" I was trying to relax him.

"Okay. Thanks." He said with a little relief.

He gave me a friendly hug as a thanks then left.

The whole day I had that;s constantly wondering if Jay was okay.

Once school was finally over, I drove to Jay's house.

Her dad answered the door.

"Hey Pop." I said letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I called him pop because Jay's family was basically family like mine was hers.

"Hey there kiddo. What's up?" He asked letting me in.

"Is Jay here?" I asked.

"No, Jenna said she was staying with you." He said confused.

"Jezzabelle wasn't staying with me." I said getting slightly worried and shaking my head.

"Jenna come here for a moment!" Her dad hollered and Jay's mom came rushing in.

"What is it, Clark?" She asked sighing because she literally came running.

"Jay wasn't with Macy." He said carefully so Jay's mom could take it in.

"She's probably with Elias." She said calmly.

"He was at school worried where she is. She wasn't with him." I informed slowly.

"Have you tried calling her?" She asked with tension in her slowly rising.

I'm so stupid. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jay.

There was my ringtone, coming from upstairs.

We ran to Jay's room. She wasn't there.

Where could she be?

Jay's mom gasped,"Clark call the police, my baby is missing." She was near tears you could hear it in her voice.

I left the sight with Pop because if Jay's mom started balling there's a chance I'd look at her and join in.

He called the police.

I texted Eli.

To Eli:

She's missing.

I used the word missing because it was the truth. A few seconds later he replied.

From Eli:

I'm on my way.

I went to Jay's room and saw stuff was missing. Some pictures and clothes.

I was looking through a small chest we made when we were little and found a note for, me.

All it said was:

Sorry Macy. -Jay

This note was fresh. The pen writing could still smudge.

When I got downstairs there were a few cops in the living room.

"Who's that?" I think the detective asked.

"My daughter's friend." Pop replied.

"How long has she been missing?" He continued his questions.

"About 18 hours." Pop was answering all the questions because Jay's mom couldn't and I would probably choke on my words.

"We can't file a report until it has been at least 48 hours." He said firmly.

Bullshit. They need to find my best friend.

"Of course we will still ask questions." He continued,"Have you noticed anything out of place? Behavior? Anything missing? Found any letters?"

I got a note but let pop speak first.

"Some of her belongings were missing. She left her phone and my wife said she's been have a rough time lately." He said.

A choking sound left Jay's mom's mouth. She was in the corner sobbing.

"I found this in the chest we made when we were friends." I spoke up pulling the piece of paper out of my back pocket.He closely examined it. A few seconds later Elias came bursting through the door.

"Who's that?" The detective asked now.

"Another friend." Pop answered.

"Have you considered that maybe your daughter ran away?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

We all were silent except Jenna a whimper left her lips.

"We need to speak with the adults. May you two leave?" He asked and all I could do was nod.

We went in the front yard where cop cars surrounded her house and neighbors just standing there gaping.

I couldn't in my questions I needed to know.

"I just don't get it, why would she run away?" I asked as my chest was rising and falling rapidly.

"Last night I told her I was moving, she was broken." He said his lip quivering.

"Yeah, but that's not a good fucking reason to run away! So what else happened? She must have told you something!" I yelled pacing back and forth now.

His eyes snapped open once he was done thinking.

"Jack!" He whispered," I came on Sunday and she was crying over Jack and Bethany being together. She seemed angered and sad. On your birthday too he told her something that made her upset."

My stomach twisted at his name. I was getting mad. He couldn't have done this to her.

How could I be so ignorant and spend time with a boy rather than notice my best friend. She was crying on my birthday.

"When she fought Bethany that must have done something too." I exclaimed crying now.

I knew fighting for power wasn't Jay. I was stupid and said I was proud. Oh my gosh what's wrong with me?

I was balling now and rocking back and forth on the floor. I was full of rage with Jack, Bethany, and myself. At the same time I felt worry for Jay. What if she committed suicide or something. If she ran away, where would she go?

I needed to know she was okay. I needed to know I didn't cause some of this for being a bad friend.

"Let's get you home Mace." Eli placed a hand on my shoulder. His voice was cracking.

I was trembling with fear, worry, and rage.

"O-okay." I stuttered and stood up.

He was walking to me to his car when I spotted a worried look on a boy's face, I knew him. I hate him now.

He saw me and Eli and just stared with the worried look he hadn't lost.

"You!" I screamed bloody murder.

I ran towards him and I was about to jump when Eli caught me. I was kicking and wiggling trying to break free. At least two cops came to help hold me back.

That didn't stop me from yelling things.

"Jack Johnson this is your fault!"

"You and your girlfriend are!" I shouted angrily.

"You took her last nerve and she ran away!"

"This is all you! Your fault!" I screamed towards him.

I was still being held down and shoved into Eli's car by cops.

I saw hurt in his eyes. He deserved it. To feel just as bad as Eli and I did.

Eli told her he was leaving. It tore her apart because I knew she thought she loved him yet never admitted it. I paid no attention to her, well not enough;I was a bad friend. Jack told her he couldn't stand being her friends then went crawling to Bethany. Bethany hit Jay hard enough using Jack and Eli which made her break her good girl shell.

I'm gonna go mad if I don't find out what happened to Jay.

*Jezzabelle's POV*

I finally arrived at the beach house, it was about 4 o' clock.

I was super hungry because I didn't eat lunch. I looked through the cabinets and found canned pineapples.

I ate them to hold me down until I left for the pier. I changed into different clothes because I had been wearing the ones I had since last night and all day.

I didn't dare touch a light switch or anything that used power because if the cops look at the electric or water bills to one of our three out-of-town houses then they'll find me.

I wasn't going to risk being found. I put my hair in a braid and put 40 dollars in my pocket. I started towards the pier.

I walked into a burger place and stuffed myself.

Once I was done I started walking down the pier noticing a payphone. I decided to call Macy and tell her I was ok.

"Hello?" She choked when she answered the phone. Oh my god poor her.

"I'm guessing you noticed I'm gone." I said lowly with a short fake laugh.

"Jay?" She asked relieved. "I'm happy you're not dead."

"No I'm not dead." I laughed a little hearing her voice because she went dramatic when she said she thought I was dead.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine and I don't want to tell you because I can't go back, not yet." I said softly and I sighed.

"Jay where'd you go? And why'd you go?" She asked calming down hearing me.

"Mace I'd rather not explain. I want to tell you in person, but if you haven't noticed I ran away."

"No shit." She started laughing hysterically,"You know I thought this was my fault. Is it Jay?' She was sobbing hysterically now.

"No Mace. You're my best friend the person I trust most. Best friends since kindergarten, right?" A tear fell. "Macy I want to meet you in person and tell you everything where I am because I trust you. I want you to promise me you tell anyone you're coming okay?" I asked with my voice shaking.

"I will go I promise, but Jay your mom called the cops. She's worried. Your parents are worried. They're going to file a report after 48 hours." She said into the phone cautiously.

"Just stall them for me please for a while. I will come home eventually. Tell them to hold off on the report. I just can't go." I said weakly.

"Okay Jay. I will. I believe in you. When do you want me to meet you and where?" She sighed.

"When can you come?" I asked.

"Tomorrow if you want. I'll fake sick and be left home alone. It just depends where I'm going." She said.

"My parents' beach house in Los Angeles. Don't bring or tell anyone because if you do I will be mad. I will seen you then. Go to sleep tonight knowing this isn't your fault okay? I'm going to go because I'm on a payphone. Bye Macy."

"Bye Jay." I could hear her nearly dying because I was saying bye.

I kept walking on the pier and stumbled upon a small convenient store. I decided to get food and snacks to eat.

I walked in and saw no one was at the counter. The little bell made noise when I opened the door.

I was looking around and saw a chips on one rack. I got two bags and flinched and dropped when when I heard somebody.

"Hey there." I heard a confident voice behind me. I looked and saw a boy about my age behind the counter.

"Oh my gosh." I laughed,"Hi."

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." He made a face looking at the bags on the floor. "Usually people don't come into buy things they just pass. What brings you here?"

He came, when I had eveything under control, to help pick up the chips.

"Um I need groceries I guess." I said.

We got up at the same time and bumped heads.

I laughed and so did he.

"Sorry again." He smiled handing me the bag of chips.

"I'm Carter, Carter Reynolds." He said still smiling confidently holding out his hand.

"I'm Jezzabelle, Jezzabelle Nolan." I smiled back shaking his hand. He seemed like a nice guy and decided to say my real name.

"I've never seen you around."

"I uh am actually visiting this place. I used to live on the beach when I was little. I'm visiting the house." I scratched my head hoping that would work. It did.

"Oh cool. I was gonna use a cheesy pick up line and say I could show you around but you probably know your ways around. And you probably have school tomorrow. It is Tuesday."

I smiled at his remark.

"I know my ways around, but thanks. I don't have school by the way. Visiting remember?" Kept shopping and grabbed a few water bottles. He stayed in the same place.

"Really? That's awesome. I don't have school either. I graduated high school early and I'm in community college." He said.

I grabbed a small loaf of bread and goober strawberry.

"Well if it's okay with you, would mind hanging out tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'll take you up on that." Said walking to the counter. "I actually have a lot of time right now too."

I paid for my stuff.

We sat on the counter.

He seemed like a really cool guy and we started talking.

"So Jezzabelle--"

"Ah, ah, ah, it's Jay." I corrected.

"Jay I'm gonna go basic and we're gonna play truth or dare."

"Okay." I agreed.

He asked me first and I chose dare.

"I dare you to go the bakery next door, buy a cupcake, and smash it in your face like you're a five year old on your birthday." He said with a mischievous smirk.

I did what he said and the people in the bakery just stared.

I came back and wiped my face while Carter was still laughing.

I asked him and he chose truth.

"Um how old are you?" I asked because I didn't know.

"17." He said.

"Me too!" I nearly yelled. I did an overly dramatic gasp and we both laughed at myself.

It was his turn and I chose truth.

"Why are you truly in L.A.? It's not that it's bad but you seemed to hesitate when I asked earlier." He said

"I can't answer that one, Carter. Sorry." I said looking at my shoes.

"I won't tell anyone. You seem to be a cool girl." I looked up at him and bit my lip.

For some reason I felt like I could trust him and I needed to open up because I had everything bottled.

He put his hand up and said,"Scouts honor." I let out a tiny giggle.

"Swear you won't tell a soul?"

"Will not."

I pulled my feet on the counter and knees close to my chest.

"I'm a runaway." I whispered.

I looked at him. A little shock went over his face then it was back to the way it was before.

"That explains the food." He teased.

"No I'm just a really fat girl." I rubbed my tummy for more emphasis. I felt comfortable with him. He didn't give me running away a second thought. He just accepted it.

We laughed.

"You know I can help you if you want." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like what do you need?" He asked.

"A shower." I said plainly because felt dirty from not showering last night or this morning but I couldn't use the water.

"See?" He laughed."A little too much honesty there but I can help. We have a shower upstairs."

"Upstairs?" I asked confused.

"Yeah my mom owns this place. We live upstairs on the premises." He said.

"Oh. That's... odd yet cool." I said.

"So I can shower here and you won't mind?"

"Not at all, Jay." He said hopping off the counter.

"Ok. Let me take this home and I'll come back."

"Okie dokie."

Before I left I turned around.

"Thanks Carter." I said.

Something in his confidence made me comfortable.

I liked him but in a friendly way. I knew I had Eli but he's moving, right?

I can't move on so easily from him. I'll need time.

Carter is going to help me maintain my ground while I'm away and he'll probably help me have a blast with it. He accepted me the second I told him I fled my old town and I'm going to accept him along with his help.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 75 13
How can you fall in love with someone that you've just met? I didn't even know him. I didn't want to know him, I just wanted to help him. ______ {boo...
89.3K 2.2K 44
What happens when you fall in love with your brothers best friend. Follow Selena's journey through the pain abuse the ups and downs As they say overp...
367K 5.2K 59
Falling for someone in such a short amount of time seems nearly impossible, and is impossible. Right?
17.3K 567 50
'You're going to fall in love so many times before you find the one you'll be with forever. So think of it this way; you're one heartbreak closer to...