My Miser +A Storm & Silence...

By aisha1dx

"When I stepped on land, I thought I was safe from drowning but when I look into your eyes, I'm not sure anym... More

1. All Of The Stars
2. Stay With Me
3. Treat You Better
4. Starving
5. Truly Madly Deeply
6. Ours
7. Mr Ambrose POV
8. Shut Up And Dance
9. Say You Won't Let Go #1
11. Scared To Be Lonely
12. Mr Ambrose POV
13. Half A Heart
14. In My Head
15. With Your Love
Your Opinion?
#AStormOfFanFiction
#AStormOfFanFiction
16. Alternative Beginning #1
17. Alternative Beginning #2
18. Alternative Beginning #3
19. Alternative Beginning #4
20. Alternative Beginning #5
21. Mr Ambrose POV
22. Alternative Beginning #6
23. Alternative Beginning #7
24. Mr Ambrose POV
25. No Control
26. Say you won't let go #2
27. Mr Ambrose POV
28. Alternative Beginning #8
29. Perfect
30. Hot 'N Cold
31. Mr Ambrose POV
32. Everything Has Changed
33. Alternative Beginning #9
34. Something Just Like This
35. Silence
36. Alternative Beginning #10
37. 21st Century #1
38. 21st Century #2
39. 21st Century #3
40. 21st Century #4
GIVEAWAY!
41. Alternative Beginning #11
the winner
42. Mr. Ambrose POV
43. 21st Century #5
44. Mr Ambrose POV
45. She Looks So Perfect
46. 21st Century #6
47. Mr Ambrose POV
48. Mr. Ambrose POV
49. Ambrose POV
50. Ambrose POV

10. I Want It That Way

8.4K 330 140
By aisha1dx

As promised chapter dedication to four people who constantly vote and comment!

Chocolatetv
anaveragewriter123
delxrious_
___noodlelover___

Thank you guys for your constant support.

Next chapter, more dedications. :)

----------------

The darkness was all around the corner. It captured the whole of the room. It engulfed all its surroundings and swallowed it all at once. Yet, for some reason I wasn't scared of it. In fact it felt solacing. It felt like the darkness was spreading its arm open and calling out to me for good. The darkness wasn't bad as we all make it seem, in fact without darkness how can we see the twinkling stars showing the way to the sailors astray?

I looked outside as the moon shone brightly and smiled at me while the stars winked.

The effulgent light of moon followed a particular path and finally landed on the God like face sleeping beside me dazzling his stone-like features in the process.

His eyes were closed emphasizing his thick lashes. His chest heaved as he was in a deep sleep. His hair was in ringlets as a strand of his hair fell on his forehead. The moonlight made it look all the more resplendent as I couldn't help but move the strand off his forehead.

His jaw was clenched. His eyebrows were creased.

I smiled as I moved my fingers between his brows and straightened his eyebrows with my fingers still lingering on his heavenly face. My fingers traced his jaw as I felt his seriousness alleviate.

I shook my head as I grinned.

Even in his resting time, he maintained his usuality.

Silence.

He wasn't snoring. His closed eyes and heaving of chest were the only thing which stated the fact that he was still asleep.

My fingers caressed his face softly, very softly as if it was a fragile piece of glass and would break into million pieces and I made sure he was still sleeping peacefully.

Acquainted with my touch, he leaned into my hands as his huge arm travelled around my waist in a vice grip.

His eyes were still closed.

I could feel something propel in my stomach as I felt ticklish feeling inside the walls of my stomach.

I turned away from his side as I looked at the ceiling in the dark. My hands clutched his huge one on my waist for support.

It felt like all my insides were twisted in a painful knot squeezing the blood out of my stomach. I clutched my stomach and got up from bed instantly as the bile rose up my throat making his hand on me to fall on his side.

I hurried towards the bathroom as I chucked up all the food I ate a while ago.

I didn't notice that he was awake until I felt huge arms holding me protectively and precisely as if I would fall if he would loosen his grip.

I held onto his hand for support as he held my hair back and rubbed my back soothingly making me feel better.

I stood up straight as he walked out of the bathroom when I was done.

This was the third time in a day I was throwing up but he didn't need to know that. Why? Because simply I don't want him to make him anxious for no reason.

As I entered our bedroom, I noticed the room illuminated with a single fire lamp and moonlight. I sat on the edge of the bed.

The bedroom door opened revealing the huge figure walking inside the room with perfectly calculated steps and a glass of water in his hand.

He sat beside me and offered me the water. I gulped it down all at once while he caressed my back.

Damn! You're such a damsel! A man is taking care of you!

He's my man.

And then where's your feminist self who always detest even the idea of being helped by the man?

When he was sick, I was the one taking care of him. So, that's justice for both male and female species. Feminism is still in the air.

'Are you feeling satisfactory enough?' His voice brought me back on earth.

I nodded.

Suddenly, I didn't know what was happening to me but seeing the concern in his eyes for me I frowned.

'Why are you helping me?! I can very well take care of myself! I don't need a man to help me!' I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and glared at him, 'Do you understand? I don't need your help!' I yelled.

His tender face turned into dispassionate.

He held my shoulder again and looked depth of my eyes.

'See yourself, Lillian.You not quite healthy right now. You clearly require aid. Why are you so stubborn? Why don't you assent that you need me?'

Fire was burning inside me.

'You always treat me like a damsel. I'm independent. Why don't you just leave me alone? I don't need you, okay?' I told brusquely.

Fighting with him was the last thing I wanted to do yet I couldn't control my anger simply for some reason.

'Adequate. If that's what you want, have your time, Lillian.'

Saying that he got up and started to walk away but his steps halted when he heard my voice.

'Rick?' I inquired croakily.

Silence.

He didn't turn around neither did he move from his place. He just stood like a proficient granite statue.

And suddenly I wasn't feeling angry anymore.

'I'm hungry.' I said looking nervously at my the wedding ring in my hand feeling remorse for being exasperated a while ago.

Without a single word he barged out of the room slamming the door shut.

I closed my eyes and I sighed.

Oh God! Why did I do that to him?!

As the door opened, I looked up and met with the cold sea-like blue eyes as he entered the room.

'Rikkard? I..' I didn't get to conclude my sentence when he offered me some chocolates ..exactly the same thing I was wishing for.

I smiled and took it from him immediately.

Damn! I was indeed hungry! Maybe because I emptied my stomach.

I immediately dismantled the chocolate and started eating it. It melted very well against my mouth as I closed my eyes and enjoyed.

When I was finally done eating, I looked around and Rikkard was nowhere near my sight. He was already laying on the bed facing opposite side as me.

I sighed as I turned off the lamp.

I looked at the ceiling as I laid beside him. I knew he was still awake. I knew I had hurt him badly. I knew he was mad at me. I knew..

Dammit! Why do I have to always ruin our moments?!

It wasn't his mistake this time. In fact he was generous while I hollered at him just because..he took care of me?

He woke up from his slumber just for me. He comforted me, held my hair back as I was throwing up, gave me a glass of water and all I did was yell at him?!

How polite of you, Lilly! You didn't even thank him!

I mentally slapped myself for acting like a complete jerk.

Yet, he gave me chocolates and all I did was eat the chocolate completely ignoring him?!

I should had at least shared with him.

I should had at least thanked him.

I should had at least not hurt him.

And, it hurted me a lot to see him hurt. Though, he didn't say anything. Though, he didn't show anything but I knew Rikkard like a back of my hand.

I moved towards my right, towards him and instantly I met his back.

I snaked my arm around his huge waist as I hugged him from behind.

He didn't move but I knew he was still awake.

'Rikkard?' I whispered.

Silence.

'Rick?' I nuzzled against his back inhaling him.

Silence.

He was pretending to be asleep. He can smoothly pull the wool over anyone's eyes but not me.

'Dick?' I held his hand and ravelled our fingers.

'Don't call me that.' He groaned.

I grinned, 'So, you're awake.'

Silence.

I kissed his back softly, 'I'm sorry, Rick. I'm really very sorry. I know you're mad at me but I can't have you mad at me.'

Silence.

'Rikkard, please forgive me. I didn't mean that. I can't live without you. I need you.'

He didn't say anything as I disentangled our fingers and moved away from him giving him some time alone.

I was such a bad person!

I looked at the ceiling again. I felt a voidness inside me like I was missing a huge part of me. It felt like I've committed a crime. And, for some reason I didn't have control over my emotions.

I didn't realise I was sobbing until I heard his voice.

'Come here.'

I squinted my teary eyes as I looked at him. He was facing me as he held his left arm out.

I immediately placed my head on his arm as his other arm travelled towards my waist.

Nothing felt good than to be in his arms. His arms felt home.

I held his waist tightly so that he would not move away from me.

I buried my face into his chest as I felt his heart beating loudly.

'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Rikkard. You didn't deserve that. When you didn't say anything for a moment I thought you hate me. I'm so sorry please don't hate me.' I sobbed as he rubbed my back solacing me in the process.

He held my face and kissed my tears away. He placed a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and looked deeply into my eyes.

'Don't apologize, Lillian. I've never in my life loved anyone but you. Why would I hate you? You're one of the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on. You're my everything.' He kissed me on my lips. 'And, do you know what's the most precious thing I've ever seen?' His eyebrow twitched.

I shook my head.

'Your smile.' He kissed the corners of my lips and they immediately curved upwards.

He patted my head like I was a child and pulled me closer to him.

'Now go to sleep. You need rest.'

As his hands caressed my back, his heartbeat lulled me to sleep.

His protective arms raced my heart beat while at the same time owned its pace. It felt like nothing could detriment me right now. It felt like all the peace in the world was laid upon me. It felt like I could defeat anyone no matter how much powerful he was. And for the first time, I didn't feel weak in a man's arm but I felt I could capture the whole world if this man was by my side. He didn't make me feel weak but he made me most powerful woman in the entire world.

*

I regressed out of bathroom for the hundredth time puking my guts out as I met with the sea blue concerned eyes. He was dressed perfectly in his mint condition tailcoat and his usual attire.

'I thought you already left for work.' I frowned.

While we were having breakfast he ordered me to stay at home. And, trust me, there wasn't a single bite in my mouth the whole breakfast time without fighting.

'Get dressed, Lillian.' Unheeding my previous words he told me in a commanding voice.

'Oh my God! I love you, Rikkard. So, finally you're taking me to office after a huge argument." I clapped my hands in my triumphant.

He looked at me phlegmatically, 'You're still not working nor coming with me to office.' His calm voice spoke. 'And, instantly get dressed because I'm taking you to doctor.'

I placed both of my hands on my waist and glared at him.

'There's no need to go to doctor. I'm completely fine. And yes, I coming with you to work.'

He took a step forward, 'Look at yourself, Lillian. You're becoming gaunt. You indeed need a doctor. So come with me, it's an order.' He told precisely, emphasizing each and every word.

'I won't go with you to doctor unless you promise me to let me work.'

His little finger twitched, 'I won't promise that.'

'Why?'

'Because I don't want you to regurgitate in my office.'

I folded my hands against my chest, 'Fine! I'm not going with you anywhere.'

'Don't argue again, Lillian. You're coming with me to doctor or else I'll myself carry you there.' Saying that he started taking strides towards me.

I backed away knowing he never jokes and was earnestly serious.

'Fine! If you want me to go to the doctor, I'll go but I don't need you. I can myself manage my health.'

'Lillian..'

'Or else I'm not going anywhere but I'll work with you. If you like it or not.'

He sighed as he walked towards me.

'Adequate. You can go but make sure my wife is safe. I loathe to see any scratches or wounds on what's mine.' He caressed my cheek. 'Why are you so stubborn?'

He gave me a quick kiss on my lips.

And just with that my anger vanished like the birds in the rain.

I smiled.

'Take care, Lillian. I would be home soon.' Pecking both of my cheeks one last time he walked away.

*

This was getting worse!

I clutched my stomach tightly as it felt like someone had pierced daggers into my stomach.

Why is my stomach hurting so much? It's not like I'm on my periods.

Periods?!

Then it clicked in my mind. I hadn't have my periods since a long time..almost 6 weeks.

Holy God! Does it mean I'm...

I stroked my stomach lightly as I looked at it.

Was I really pregnant?

I smiled as I thought about a young life growing inside me. My smile widened when I thought about the child. I would like our child to have the eyes of Rikkard.

Rikkard...

My reverie came to halt and my smile faded away as I couldn't help the thought to pass through my mind.

What if Rikkard doesn't want a child?

And lately, we were fighting a lot with each other.

What if he doesn't welcome a new member? What if he doesn't want to spend a penny on the additional member? What if he leaves me all alone with a child?

I shook my head.

Never in a million years Rikkard will do that and even if he did I definitely know how to take care by myself.

*

I paced around in the room being anxious as I heard the front being opened.

Rikkard was home.

How the hell should I tell him that I'm pregnant?!

I went to doctor and my uncertainty of having a child turned into the fact.

How the hell would Rikkard react? Will he be happy? Or will he freak out?

The bedroom door opened revealing a concerned Rikkard on the door way.

'Did you go to the doctor?' His voice was cold as he walked towards me.

I nodded hiding my anxiety.

'Are you well? Is your health satisfactory?' He walked closer towards me.

'Yes, I'm fine. My health is great. Doctor said it's nothing to worry.' I smiled as I concealed my nervousness.

His long, smooth fingers brushed against my cheek.

'Adequate. You don't know how worried I was for you, Lillian.' His hands snaked around my waist sleekly. He was very close to me. Our bodies were touching. Goose bumps invaded my body as my lower abdomen brushed against his. 'I couldn't even think straight while working. All my thoughts let my mind draw back to your health and you.'

He very softly kissed my lips exhibiting the concern he had for me. I caressed his face softly and kissed him back until the kiss became rough.

He kissed both of my cheeks and then tip of my nose as his hands explored my body.

I couldn't think straight as I responded to his touch immediately. My hands moved all over him as his lips travelled to the soft spot on my neck. He sucked my flesh hard as I bit my lips to suppress the moan escaping from my mouth.

His body leaned into mine.

And, I came back to my sense as I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him away.

His confounded face searched for my eyes while I made no attempt to match his gaze.

Shaking his head, he took his strides towards me again when I held my hand out blocking him, 'Stop!' I hollered.

'Why?' I could see storm swirling in his blue eyes with the pool of desire reflecting in his orbs,'You don't want me?' I could sense slight hint of hurt in his cold voice as his little finger twitched thrice in a row.

If only he knew...

I shook my head constantly, 'I want you, Rikkard. I indeed want to you right now but.."

His face was dispassionate.

'But?' He eyed me dangerously and trapped me with his body.

'I-I want to say something.'

Why was I stuttering!

His right eyebrow twitched as he waited for me to continue.

I looked into his eyes.

'I'm pregnant.' I finally blurted out.

I could see the storm whirling with entire strength in his eyes. It seemed like it was calling out and inviting to die to anyone looking into his eyes.

When finally his brain processed my words, he held his hands in surrender and back away from me as if he was a fire and I, water. As if he would perish if he'd touch me.

He eyed me from head to toe as his gaze tarried at a particular place, my lower abdomen to be exact.

I tried to comfort him by placing my hand on his upper arm but he instantly backed away.

Say Something.

My heart was beating louder than it should be. I anxiously waited for him to say something or at least see his reaction but there was none.

He still continued looking at my stomach and it was making me nervous.

What if he leaves you just because he doesn't want the child?

'Rikkard, Say something.' I whispered and finally broke the ice.

Silence.

A definitely pregnant silence.

When finally a single word escaped from his lips.

'How?' His voice was cold.

Seriously how?

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him like he'd grown two heads.

'It is maybe because I danced naked in bed and I played with certain Dick.' I glared at him and then continued. 'Seriously, Rick? How? That's what you've got to ask? You of all people should know better.'

Silence.

He totally unheeded my words as he stared at me with disbelief.

He looked into my eyes and searched something I couldn't fathom.

'I'm going to be father?' His little finger twitched and his voice was colder than a night in Arctic region.

I couldn't understand his emotions but little I knew was he was in denial about the fact.

I nodded.

'I'm going to have a baby?' His eyes were cold and their intensity was so high that for a moment I thought that I would freeze at my spot.

I nodded again.

He moved his feet and when I thought he was going to swirl me in his arms with happiness, he walked out of the room slamming the door shut.

*

I caressed my stomach as I looked at the bedroom door.

It's been almost an hour and Rikkard wasn't back and I didn't go after him because he needed some time alone to figure out.

I looked up when the door opened revealing Rikkard with disheveled hair as it seemed like he had actuated his fingers in his hair many times in frustration. He had something in his hand which I didn't bother to see.

'Sit down, Lillian.' His commanding voice spoke as I didn't move from my spot.

'Why are you still standing? Didn't you hear me? Sit down on the bed, now!' His cold voice reached my ears as I didn't argue and obeyed him because I didn't want to start a fight with Rikkard as he was already out of his mind.

I didn't dare to meet his gaze as I fidgeted my fingers nervously.

At least he is here! At least he didn't leave me alone in this situation!

I was so busy in my reverie that I didn't notice him sitting beside me until I heard his voice.

'Eat.' He commanded as he held a spoon in front of me.

'I don't-' I didn't get to complete my words as he crammed the spoon full of soup into my mouth. The same soup which he'd prepared.. Wait! So, all this time he was out of the room making soup for me? Was he..

I reverie came to halt when he stuffed my mouth with the soup again.

'Stop treating me like a damsel!' I frowned. 'I can take care of myself, thank you. And, you don't have any right to-' and the spoon darted into my mouth again.

I gulped it down as I glared at him.

'Stop talking and just eat, Lillian.' The cold voice spoke. 'I know you can take care of yourself but I'll take care of you. And, I have the entire right to take care of you.' When I opened my mouth to protest he launched the spoon towards me, 'Don't argue and fight about it. You must listen to me because you're carrying my child.And, I remember telling you earlier that I don't tolerate scratches and wounds on what's mine and clearly I don't want my child to starve just because you're stubborn.'

'Do you realise it's my child, too?' I looked at him with disbelief and...here I thought he was in denial!

He spoke as hurled the soup in my mouth, 'I simply don't want my heir to suffer in anyway.'

I stared at him dumbfoundedly.

'Do you realise that the heir you're talking about is right now just small as mere grain of sand?'

His cold eyes looked into mine.

'Well, it may be as small as mere grain of sand as you say.' A corner of his lips infinitesimally curved upwards revealing a smirk on his handsome face. 'But it is after all the result obtained by our considerable hard work of sleepless nights, isn't it, Lillian?'

I stared at him with astonishment when he closed his single eyelid smoothly looking at me.

Am I hallucinating or did he actually wink?!

I looked down at my hands as my cheek turned into slightest shade of red.

*

As Rikkard went to kitchen to have the food, I stood up and walked into bathroom to powder my nose.

I exited bathroom to come face to face with anxious Rikkard.

Immediately, his hands were around me as his single hand caressed my cheek while other rubbed my back softly.

'Are you well? Did you regurgitate?' He backed away a bit as his hand stroke my stomach effeminately. 'Is the child alright?' He asked as he looked at my stomach.

I cupped his face and looked straight into his worried eyes, 'Relax. I just went to powder my nose. And besides, it's completely normal to have morning sicknesses.The child is completely safe.' I pecked his lips slowly as I felt him relaxed.

'Take care, Lillian, will you?'

He looked into depths of my eyes as I nodded reassuring him.

*

'Lillian?'

'Hmm..?' I murmured listening to his heart beat.

He was on bed leaning his back against bedstand while I sat between his legs as I rested my head on his chest while his hands were wrapped securely around me.

'Thank you.' I could hear his heart beating loudly.

'For?'

'I was the richest man in the whole Britain but I think now I'm the happiest man in the whole world too.'

'You are?!' I gasped.

'Indeed. Why wouldn't I be ecstatic in starting a family of my own when my entire life I didn't even have people around me?' He said as he kissed my hair. 'What did you think?' His voice traced the hint of amusement.

'I thought you're not happy and you're just taking care of me out of courtesy. I even thought you're frustrated when you walked out of the room. It's not my fault that you suck at expressing emotions.'

A deep chuckle echoed through the room as my head moved with his chest.

'Why did you think that I'll abandon my own child I have with the woman I love?'

My heart did a flip as his voice echoed in my ears.

'You're such a miser. I thought you wouldn't wish to spend money on the additional member.' I shrugged.

'Well, the expenditure of the child can be deducted from your wages, Mr. Linton.' He feigned his usual cold voice.

'Shut up you bastard!' I hit his arm playfully while we both burst out into laughing.

Rikkard had just wrapped the cover of coldness from outside but inside I knew he was such warm and charming with a heart beating for me. Though, he was over possessive certain times but that was completely different story. He was just kind hearted man covered with extremely cold personality and a man who wouldn't spare a penny to anyone.He loved his money way too much. I wasn't complaining though as long as he wasn't being a jerk.

He maybe miser but he wasn't chauvinist. Though, I called him that many times. He was too concerned in earning his money than to bother who earned it.

And so the question never ceased to escape my lips.

'Rikkard?'

'Yes?'

'What if we have a daughter? You'll still be happy as now, right?'

Silence.

But then his fingers stroked my hair gently, 'Why are you being angstful? I'll indeed love my daughter though she would be rebellious like you.' He pecked my cheek as he held me in his arms. 'But I won't spare a single man eyeing my daughter or trying to court her. He'll met his death before he can lay a finger at her.'

I laughed as I entwined our hands together.

'You are the one to say that, Rick. When you kissed me and nearly took me back in the jungle when you were just my employer and nothing more.' I said as I recalled the hot jungle moments.

'That was different.' His voice was cold.

'Yes, was it? And, how exactly was it different when you smoothly broke rules of polite society with no regret?' I mocked enjoying his reaction.

'Indeed it was different because you maybe my secretary back then but you were still mine!' He growled.

So, I did tell he was over possessive when it was about his things.

'Okay, Dick. Calm down. I was yours. And, I'm still yours.' I stroked the back of his hand lightly.

When the room was silent and all I heard was his heart beating, I heard him call me.

'Lillian?'

'Yes?'

'Take care adequately and don't argue when I intend to take care.' He said stroking my belly.

'You don't trust me that I'll take care of our child, do you?'

'Right now, I'm not talking about our child. I'm talking about you. Take care of yourself, Lillian. I want my child and my wife both safe and healthy.' Saying he precisely pecked my lips as I did the same.

I smiled against his lips as he pulled back. He slid on bed beside me as he kissed my stomach and protectively held me in his arms.

I pressed my head against his chest as I smiled.

His heart was beating louder than it should be and so was mine.

--------------------------------

Okay I know this one shot might be way out of character or too cliché but I can't help. It's Rikkard Ambrose we're talking about it.

And guys thanks for the votes and comments!!

This chapter was written by mariyaisme go follow mee

Love,

Mariya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 2K 11
*STORM AND SILENCE BELONGS TO THE FANTASTIC ROB THIER* When Lilly receives her first paycheck, she starts wondering- what to do with the money? Besid...
1.9K 117 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
163K 5.8K 35
These characters belong to RobTheir. Before reading this story, read his books, Storm and Silence, In the Eye of the Storm, and Silence is Golden, o...
24.2K 810 6
Mr. Ambrose drags Lilly to Portugal in order to do business. Little does she know, she's being led into war zone, where rutless populars just want to...