The Queen of the Crows {Haiky...

By Umbrellachild123459

Chihiro transferred to Karasuno mid semester due to unforeseen circumstances. But one thing rang true- her lo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21 (Edited)
22 (Edited)
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Tumblr A\N
34
35
36
37
38 + Character profile
Chapter 39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47

18

7.7K 256 27
By Umbrellachild123459

The week finished and we went home. We arrive at night, dark out, but not ridiculously late. We are informed that there will be maintenance being done in the gym tomorrow so we won't be having practice.

I start walking home, but recall a set of notes I left on the bench over the week. I turn back around and head back to the gym. Hinata and Kageyama are probably still in there practice or something. I just hope they'll be okay.

"I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET ANY BETTER LIKE THIS!" I was wrong. I roll my eyes and stand outside for a second, listening to their bickering. "P-Please don't fight," I hear a whimper, Yachi. I hear a thump and Hinata screaming.

My eyes widen and I shove the door open. "S-Somebody, Se-Senpai!" Yachi runs out of the gym. I run inside and saw something I wish I never would have to see again. Kageyama slams Hinata into the ground yelling insults.

My mind goes to the frequent nights within my former home. My brother and I getting thrown around like rag dolls. The screaming, the tears and glass breaking the bruises, the blood.

Third POV

Chihiro shifts into overdrive, going purely based on instinct. "HEY!" she shouts, but they don't pay attention. She automatically steps between the punch Kageyama meant for Hinata. It hits her temple and an unknown uppercut from Hinata nails her in the back. Unshaken by the punches she grabs Kageyama and kicks him in the back of the knees, making him fall to the ground. In one motion, she presses Hinata into the ground, arm wrenched behind his back at an awkward angle.

She holds Kageyama by pushing his body into the ground by his back. Her chest heaves as she kneels between the fighting boys. Still blind by adrenaline and fear she doesn't hesitate to let her screams rip through the air.

"YOU ARE TEAMMATES, I WOULD HAVE KNOCK BOTH OF YOU OUT IF I WANTED TO! DON'T YOU EVER HURT EACH OTHER AGAIN, YOU HEAR ME?! I HAVE SEEN ENOUGH OF THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT GETTING BEAT UP! THIS HAPPENS AGAIN AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO THROW BOTH OF YOU TO THE GROUND, GOT IT!?"

The two boys boys as well and Yachi and Tanaka who had recently entered are frozen in shock. Unknown to Chihiro, a small pool of blood forms in front of her. Chihiro lets go of them and stands up, blood dripping down the side of her forehead, making her look even more terrifying.

"You pull a stunt like this again and see what happens," she stares down at them with intensity in her green eyes. She calmly walks to the bench to retrieve the notes she was originally here for. Before she walks out the door, Yachi steps up.

"Chihiro-chan you're bleeding. Let me get the first aid kit," Yachi said as calmly as she could. She waves her off, "I'll be fine, my house isn't that fa-," She becomes dizzy and trips over her own feet. Luckily Tanaka is there to catch her before she falls. She winces as she feels her head.

"We need to at least stop the bleeding before you go home," Tanaka insists as he sits you down with your back against the wall. Yachi hands him a tissue and he places it against her stick forehead as she get the first aid.

The injured girl seemed to be in a daze after her adrenaline runs out.Nishinoya, Ennoshita, and Narita stick their head in, trying to figure out what happened. When they notice a dazed Chihiro and scraped up Hinata and Kageyama they begin to worry.

"What happened?" Nishinoya asks. "Hinata and Kageyama got into a fight," Chihiro speaks up. "And she stepped in and stopped it," Tanaka adds. The second years gather around Chihiro, assessing the damage. They wince just as Yachi reenters.

They make room for her to tend to her wounds. She sits on her knees next to Chihiro and carefully peels the tissue off of her temple. "Thank you for stepping in. I was really scared" she says softly.

First POV

"I feel kind of bad that I threatened them like that," I confess. She nods, "Not going to lie, I was scared when you did that," That right there,  she was scared of me?

"I-I'm sorry I sc-scared you," I mumble. She shakes her head. "It's not really that, I've just never seen you this intense before. It shocked me mostly," I nod, appreciating her words.

She puts a soaked cotton ball onto my head and I grimace. She cleans it off and applies a decently sized square band aid. "I'm sorry that you got hurt trying to stop our fight," I look up to a bowing Hinata.

"Just don't do it again," Kageyama stands beside him now, bowing as well. "I apologize for my actions," I wave it off. "Same goes for you, don't do it again,"

"Is your back okay? I know I hit you there," Hinata asks. I feel my back and hide a wince. "I'll probably get a bruise but I'll be fine, thank you for you concern,"

Third POV

What hasn't been addressed is what she said before, 'I have seen enough of the people I care about getting beat up'. The four who heard her hold that thought in their minds, not sure if they should ask about that or not.

~~~

After Hinata and Yachi leave, Tanaka demanded that Kageyama walk her home to be sure she got there in one piece. She was too tired to try and politely refuse. She fiddles with the strap on her bag as they walk in silence. Warmly lit sidewalks pave the journey to her house. A few cats sitting on fences and moths circling the street light accompany the night life. Kageyama then breaks the silence between them.

"What did you mean when you said that you had enough of the people you care about getting hurt?"

"Exactly that," she restates. "No, like what happened before?" he insisted. She sighs and looks up. "That's a story for another day, plus you must acquire level 10 friendship before unlocking my backstory," I brush off.

"One day we will get it out of you," he promises. "How many others are desperate to learn about me?"

"I know quite a few are worried about you especially Sugawara, Hinata, Daichi, Asahi, and I not to mention coach or Takeda-sensei," he lists.

First POV

I let out a low whistle. "Well maybe one day when the times right, I'll tell 'em. My guess it'll be after a tiring day physically and mentally. So keep an eye out for the opportunities given otherwise, you won't e~ver hear a word from me," I taunt.

We come to the base of the hill and I turn to him. "Looks like your punishment of walking me home given to you by Tanaka has come to and end," I start walking up the hill.

"Sayonara, Kageyama-kun," I wave, facing away from him.

~~~

I enter my house, announce my presence and flop down onto my bed. My head aches and so does my back but it's whatever. But still, I can't shake that feeling of when I saw them fighting like that. My body shudders unintentionally.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 3K 73
Sakusa x OC After moving back to Tokyo from America, Miyuki Shimotsuki tries her out for the Girls Volleyball Club of Itachiyama. Starting a new life...
94 6 16
Mika is thrown into Haikyuu world after waking up in a bed that isn't hers. Soon she finds out that she goes to Karasuno, is friends with Tsukishima...
89.6K 2.2K 19
Y/N becomes the new school nurse at Karasuno High school. She soon finds herself being more intermingled with the volleyball team and more specifical...
899K 24.5K 43
What if Kageyama had a sister? Would she be like him? Where was she after all this time? Well you can find out in this book! This is the story of Ma...