A GIRL LIKE YOU > 80's URBAN...

By -brownscgar

❝YO, YOU BE ILLIN'!❞ In which a group of black teenagers face difficult obstacles and series of unexpected ci... More

CRINGE IF U WANNA.
TRIGGER WARNINGS!
Cast/Playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi
xii
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii
xxiii.
xxvi.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
EPILOGUE | "CLASS OF 1989."
the note.
THE SEQUEL IS OUT

l.

1.1K 90 70
By -brownscgar

It's been a few hours since we've been inside this coach bus, and nothing but must and heat was inside.

I was sitting next to Raheem, and the reason why is because the teachers wanted boys sitting next to the girls, and the girls gets the window seat.

Me and Raheem were talking through out the ride, and we rarely talked to each other throughout the school year. But I believe the only reason why we're actually having a one-on-one conversation with each other is because we're at the back of the bus, where the rest of our friends were at, and the back of the bus were full of geeks, freaks and nerds who I thought were weird.

And the worst thing about the back of the bus was the bathroom. If you sat in the back, then you'll know how it goes down.

"Raheem, do you wanna switch seats?"

"Why?"

"Because the sun is irritating my neck, and I feel like it's about to melt off." I told him.

"Then cover it with a sweater." He bluntly replies to me, as I just gave him a blank stare.

I mocked his reply as just placed my hands around my neck and stared out the window, hoping to see water rides, enormous roller coasters, and the pier that had the beautiful beach behind it.

I then closed my eyes, trying to drift into a deep sleep. But the sound of a toilet flushing is really making it awkward, as I groaned in annoyance.

****

By 11, we were there. The amusement park was filled with kids from schools from the north and south. Everyone got off the bus, and all of our friends were the last ones to get off.

"Wait, hold on I need to put on my bathing suit in the bathroom!" Kim bellows as she ran down to the end of the bus and went inside the bathroom.

Cube sucked his teeth in annoyance. "I ain't waiting for her, we out."

Eric got out of his seat and started walking towards me, as I looked at the ground ignoring his glance.

He picked my chin up. "What's wrong? You aight?"

"Yeah, it's just too hot--"

We were suddenly interrupted when Kim opened the bathroom door in disgust, as she wore her bikini top. "Yo, y'all nasty as shit, I'm telling y'all right now! Who the fuck shitted in the damn toilet and had the audacity to not flush the toliet? Ain't nobody gotta see or smell your stank ass waste!" Kim protested as she walked out of the bathroom and started walking down the aisle, as the terrible smell came out of the bathroom.

I shut the door with a slam, as I started to walk down the aisle. "Anyways, you wanna go on some of the rides with me?" Eric asked.

"Thanks, but i promised Jada and Kim to take the first rides with them." I answer.

He sucked his teeth. "C'mon, you don't wanna ride the dragon roller-coaster with me?" He said as we both walked out of the bus.
I scoffed. "Eric, there is no way in hell I'm getting on that monster roller coaster. Do you know that smoke comes out when you ride inside the dragon's head?"

"So, it ain't gonna kill you or anything."

"Still not going." I declined.

"Nia, girl what you waiting around for? I wanna go on that dragon ride!" Jada yelled to me.

"See? Jada wants to go on the ride."

I nodded my head no. "Nope, and that is my word. Let's go on the little rides, like that ride when everyone stands up and the machine spins you around and around and around until you feel like you're flying?"

"Fuck, no. What if you eat before going on that ride?"

"I'll still go regardless."

Eric's eyes narrowed as we walked towards Jada, who was with Pac, Q, and Raheem.

"C'mon, Nia! Let's get on the dragon! In matter of fact, let's all go on the dragon ride together!" Jada obliged.

"Aw, hell no. That shit scary, my nigga." Q disagreed.

"Oh, thank you Q."

"I'm in!" Q suddenly agreed to get on the ride, as Pac made a nauseated face, while my jaw dropped in shock.

"Okay, so I got Q, who else wanna ride?"

"Shit, Jay, you got me." Eric also joined Jada, as I paused and crossed my arms.

"Y'all stupid, I'm going to the beach." Pac said, before he made his own way to the park.

"What about you Raheem?"

"I think....you know.....fine, I'm down." Raheem joined with Jada.

"And Nia, your scary ass is coming with us, no argument, let's roll!" Jada grabbed my arm as she pulled me to the park, as the boys walked behind us.

As we walked inside the park, the first thing I heard was the music. Spead My Wings by Troop was playing all around us. Jada was pulling me towards to the ride that terrified me, which was the dragon ride.

We paused and looked at it. I can hear the high pitched screams from the roller coaster, as I saw it make 2 loops, going up and down in a fast speed, and making a large drop down until it went up again.

But then I also looked at the line, and the line was so long, we didn't realize that the line was right in front of us. I thought it was people waiting for junk food.

"Look at this Jada, the line is too long, it's gonna be hours until we get on the ride." I told Jada, but she didn't listen.

"Who cares? Look, it's getting shorter, let's go!" She pulled me to the protracted line.

Eric and the rest of the boys came on the line to, until Eric saw something that made him get off the line.

"Aye, y'all wanna go that skating rink?" He questioned, as I looked at skating rink near the beach, seeing boys with skateboards, and girls sitting around and cheering for them.

"Yeah, let's go to that skating--"

"Ain't nobody gonna go to some damn skating rink." Jada says.

"I'm out." Eric nonchalantly walked towards the skating rink, as Jada bellowed, "Your short ass ain't even got a skate board, so what you gonna do?"

"Steal one, the fuck?" Eric bellowed back at her, as he continued walking.

"Rest of y'all, don't even think about ditching out--" Then suddenly, Q and Raheem walked out of the line also, going to a different direction.

"Well, I guess it's just you and me in this." Jada remarked, as I gave a nervous chuckle.

-

Half an hour later, after riding the dragon not once but two times, I ram out of the ride and started running down the stairs, as Jada kept laughing and smiling.

"Let's go aga---"

"Uh, I think not, I'm gonna buy us some food." I started to walk towards the food stand, while Jada followed.

"Is there any chicken tenders with mustard?" Jada inquiries.

"Mustard? Don't you mean barbecue sauce?" I tried to fix her question.

"Uh, I believe mustard goes best with chicken tenders and french fries than barbecue sauce."

I looked at her as if she just lost her mind and she never gave a fuck about it. "You got a sad taste in food, you know that right?"

"But at least I don't got a sad taste in fashion, because jeez." Jada comments about my original fashion.

Jada told the cashier would she would be having, as i told him the same. We later got our foods and our change back and started heading towards the skating rink, where Eric was.

"So, you rarely speak about Caine nowadays." I mentioned.

"Do y'all still talk?" I questioned.

"Yeah, we talk. It's just that he lives far away from us, you know? And if you're wondering, we're still friends."

"Friends? Wait.....I'm confused. You know what? Let's stop talking about this."

"Or else what?"

"Or else I'll get more perplexed than I am right now." I rejoinder, as we walked inside the park, looking at the boys who were skating.

I saw Eric wearing some skating gear, as he got ready to go next on the rink. He saw me and shot me a wink, as I gave a small smile at him.

Jada saw Pac, Kim and the rest of the boys playing basketball against the other boys from our school as she ate a French fry.

"You wanna go over there or stay here?" Jada questioned.

"Um, I think I might just stay here." I told Jada.

Jada looked back before answering."Well, I'm gonna kick it back over there at the basketball court so I'll see you later." Jada said before walking to the court, while leaving me here with the food.

I took seat somewhere around where the random girls were. As I sat up, they all got up with repugnance in their faces, and went somewhere else to sit.

I just simply rose my eyebrow and ate a chicken tender as I watched Eric skate around the rink, with another one skating around also.

I clapped my hands lightly to cheer him, as I continue to chew on my chicken tender. A few minutes after he finished skating, he walked towards me with his skateboard and sat next to me, taking a French fry.

"Um, excuse me did you ask?" I jokingly question.

"Girl, now I gotta ask you for a damn French fry?" He answers with a smirk, as I patted on his helmet.

"Weird ass." He muttered as he took a chicken tender. "Why does this have some mustard all over it?"

"Eh, it's Jada. I just learned that she has a sad taste in food when she said that she rather wants to put mustard on the food than barbecue sauce."

"And you didn't tell her anything?"

"Well, i did but she never listens. Like ever." I responded to him, as he gave out a chuckle. He then placed his skateboard to the ground.

"You stole that from somebody?"

"Yeah, and they kept on asking everyone where the hell is my skateboard and I just stood there as if I didn't get what the hell he was even saying." Eric replies with a small chuckle, showing his dimples.

"You wanna.....take a walk around the park?" He asked me.

"Not for long, though." I answered as I stood up with my food.

A few minutes later, we were walking around the park as we heard Dreamin' by Vanessa Williams playing.

"So, you're still going to New York?" He questioned.

"Yeah, I can't believe I'm gonna be gone right after the end of June." I answer, making me frown a bit as he brought up my upcoming vacate to New York City.

"Man, I can't believe this shit, this is go na be one of our last ones we're ever gonna be with each other, man."

"Eric, don't say that, please, just don't."

"Why? Isn't it true? 4 years from now you probably gonna remember me as your ex, and you'll be married with some fruity nigga and have some kids and living the life on the east side--"

"Eric, I said don't. Don't assume stuff that will never happen. We can still be friends, and we can still contact each other, no doubt." I interrupted as we paused our walking.

"I mean, I don't know why you want to bring up the New York thing--"

"It's because--"

"Let me guess, you're still in love with me?"

"....if you say it like that."

"Eric, I said friends and only friends. I believe this relationship shit ain't right for us anymore."

"I don't like doing this friends bullshit, my point."

"Then, we can't be friends. I'm sorry if you have these feelings for me, but you should've realized that it couldn't work out. And now, you're making our friendship not work out."

"Fuck you mean by you're? It's my fault because I won't wanna be friends with you anymore?"

"Yes! And I'm not gonna have another argument about it. I'm going to New York, and that's final. You can try to force me all you want, you even try to contact the college offical for all I care, but I am not in love with you anymore, Eric! I just wanna remain friends until the school year ends, and that's my point." I barked at Eric, as a few people stared.

"And why the hell are you guys staring, like what are you looking at?" I started to lose my temper.

"Would you quit yelling? this went from a normal conversation to another episode of the days of our lives because of your dramatic--"

"Eric, I'm not that dramatic. You just keep on bringing up unnecessary stuff that you always want to turn into a argument about, and I'm tired of it."

"Well, you are dramatic since you gotta make it extra by yelling! Ain't nobody gotta know our business." He nonchalantly replied.

"You know what? I'm gonna have walk around by myself." I isolated away from Eric by resuming my walking.

"Nia! I ain't gonna walk and chase you like a fool if you just gonna leave like that!" He bellows to me, but I know he will walk and chase me like a fool until he tries to get my undivided attention.

I heard his footsteps as I walked faster and threw my food to a garbage can that was nearby me.

"Well, you should've gave me that food! I actually liked it!" He yells at me, but I kept walking, looking for a random ride to get on so he won't keep following me.

And unfortunately, the only ride that was around me was the terror drop. You know, that ride where you sit in a seat with a few crazy white people who had the audacity to get on this ride and it pulls you all the way up to the sky until the ride drops you at a maximum speed and it feels like you're about to die? Yeah, that one.

The line was long, though, so I continued to walk to my left to find another ride to get on, while Eric kept following me and constantly calling my name until I saw the bunjee jump ride, where two people strap each other and fall down until they're left dangling up and down.

I noticed that there was no line, probably it just opened, so I ram to it.

"Nia, I know your ass hears me!" Eric started chasing me to the ride.

I ran to the guy and he let me inside, and he also allowed Eric's annoying ass inside also.

"Oh, god, Eric, will you stop chasing me?" I turned around and saw him behind me.

"Well, you finna jump,"Eric took off his skating material, even his hat that he always wear, "Then I'm gonna jump down with you."

"Eric, leave." I told him to go away as I followed the guy who was gonna take me to the top of the ride.

"Nah, because this brother over here let me in, so now I gotta ride with you." He responded in a excited but annoying way as he followed me behind.

We made our way to the top of the ride, and the height just got me. It felt like I was on top of the world. I literally saw the whole amusement park and the beach also.

"You know.....that's gonna be a big ass jump. You lucky as hell I'm here with you."

"I honestly wish you were dead."

"And I like you, too." He simply replied as he tied the buckle around his waist and placed the helmet on his head, as I did the same.

I looked down again, and I realized that we were like 155 feet of the ground. "Well," the roller coaster guy opened the door of the top, "you two gonna jump or what?"

I continued to look at the ground as I felt Eric touch my hand, which I quickly snatched away from mine.

"Don't touch me."

"Fine, but don't be screaming like a pussy when nobody is gonna jump with you."

"You wanna go first?" I asked Eric.

"It'll be be a pleasure." He got in his position to jump, but I stopped him by touching his chest.

"What the fuck--"

"I don't wanna go alone."

"Pussy ass."

"Shut the hell up, before i'll push you."

"Then, who you gonna jump with? This guy over here? He can't do shit about it."

"Will you tow hurry it up, please? You have a line that is filling up quickly." The guy told us in a annoyed tone.

"Man, shut up." Eric muttered.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. "We're only doing this once, but after this, don't talk to me."

"I won't bet on that." He stated as he looked at me, with the golden sum shining in his brown eyes, which made it look hazel a bit. Kinda like Jada's.

"Huh?"

And before I knew, I'm tossed into the air, falling all the way down amd screaming on the top of my lungs. I closed my eyes as we both jumped, before I felt the buckle quickly pull us back up, making us dangle up and down upside down.

This was ten times more worse than the dragon ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465 23 19
𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 , 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞? ...
268K 8.9K 61
{Copyright © 2015️ All Rights Reserved} "These Ho*** don't love you like I do" ∆ ♥Tinashe' & Eazy-E♥ ∆ book 1: "straight outta compton" book 2: "wic...
159K 8.3K 106
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ❛ . . . COME TO DEATH ROW ! ❜ ━━━━━━━━━━━━ in...