xviii.

"W-w-what are you doing here?" I question him as Caine had the same reaction on my face, but with a slight smile.

"Well, damn, a nigga can't take a piss?" He answered as he placed his arm over my shoulder.

I quickly shoved it off. "Uh, is Jada here--"

I was cutted off when the obvious Jada arrived and made her way towards us.

She didn't look too delighted, since she saw me holding Caine's arm. "Well, happy New Years to you, too." She commented.

She then saw Caine and automatically hugged him, as she did that I was about to rip my hair and shriek on top of my lungs.

"Jada!" I yelled in a whisper tone. She turned around and faced me. "What's wrong?"

I grabbed her arm and opened the bathroom door. "Tyrin, we'll be right back with you."

I slammed the bathroom door shut. "Jada, are you crazy or you're just insane?"

"Girl, why you barking at me for? And what did I do--"

"Pac is here!" I exclaimed as her eyes shot up.

"Please, please tell me you are lying." Jada replied as she rubbed her temples.

"I'm not lying, I'm deadass, didn't you see Pac sitting down on the porch like 9 minutes ago?"

"What? No." Jada replied.

"Oh my god, he must roamed off somewhere with Raheem or something, look, if Pac comes back, don't bring him or Tyrin close together and don't stand near neither of them, okay?"

Jada gave me a narrowed look, then replied. "Fine."

"Good, don't drink too much alcohol either." W fled out of the bathroom and Caine was nowhere to be seen.

"Where the hell is he?" Jada whispered to me as I saw more packed crowd of people than I saw last time.

I looked everywhere in the energetic crowd until I saw Caine dapping a lightskin tall man who had a natural mean mug.

"Remember what I said." I reminded Jada as we walked down the stairs together.

We separated to our own ways as I made my way to the kitchen where most of the hoochies were and Jada headed to the backyard.

I grabbed a cold can of Coca-Cola from the blue icy cooler, then opened it as the foam exploded from the can and splattered all over my dress.

Some of the hoochies chuckled, throwing in some unnecessary and rude remarks as I wiped myself with a small white napkin.

I saw Patricia placing a bowl of brown pretzels while holding another bowl of potato chips.

"Hey, Patricia." I greeted her as she gave a small smile.

"Oh, hey....um......what's your name again?" She questioned with her face scrunched in perplexity.

"Nia, remember? Your brother's girlfriend?" I corrected her as her puzzled face quickly went away.

"Oh, hey Nia! Look, can you do me favor and place the chips on the small table in the center of the living room?--"

"Oh, I'm not su--" Without giving her a reply, she automatically placed the bowl of potato chips to me and fled.

I risen my left eyebrow at her as I sighed and walked towards the living room.