lii.

an: here is the prom playlist, ftw

i wanna dance with somebody · whitney houston

the way you make me feel · michael jackson

supersonic · jj fad

i ain't no joke · eric b and rakim

cha cha cha · mc lyte

top billin' · audio two

me, myself and i · de la soul

my preogative · bobby brown

i want her · keith sweat

your sweetness · the good girls

spread my wings · troop

lyte as a rock · mc lyte

pump up the jam · technotronic

bleach · nirvana (my fav song atm ftw)

welcome to the jungle · guns n roses

parents just don't understand · fresh prince and jazzy def

10 percent dis · mc lyte

can you stand the rain · new edition

dry ice · green day

the one i want · green day

1000 hours · green day

about a girl · nirvana

2 hype · kid n play

fight the power · public enemy

nasty · janet jackson

two of hearts · stacey q

May 27th, 1989.

    "Ow, Dee, it's too tight!" I told Dee as she pulled a thread into my hair, as I held my head in pain, which was veiled with a brown-haired wig that made me look like somebody's aunt. I tried telling her about the pixie cut, but she said if I did that, it'll take years for my hair to grow back, but I honestly wouldn't care, anyways.

Prom was just an hour away, the time now is 7:29 pm, and prom starts at 8:30. Renz's hair wasn't premed and he wasn't dressed yet, my dress looks like a mess, it was all winkled because Dee brought it to her job and showed it off to everyone about how fine I'll look at prom.

"Okay, just gotta cut this damn strand out," Dee muttered as she cut the strand of thread that was attached to one of my cornrows.

"Okay, pretty girl, looks like you are finished!" Dee picked up a mirror and showed me what my hair looked like. I look like a hot ass mess.

"Oh....um, it's....nice." I lied to Dee, so I won't make her upset.

"I know it looks nice, girl look at you! Lil' fashionista!" Dee complimented me, as I stood up while the itchiness began to dwell into my hair.

"C'mon, Renz, let's go to the bathroom, you got the perming cream?" I questioned him.

"Jeah, and you sure that this will work for my hair?" He questioned in concern.

"If you don't be moving so damn much around the sink, then yeah." I answered him as we made our way to the bathroom.

-

Almost an half an hour later, I was too preoccupied blow drying Larenz's now permed hair in the living room, while using a comb also to make it more softer.