xvii.

A few hours later after that incident that happened this morning, I was upstairs in my room, still trying to complete my college application.

A door creaked open and it was Larenz. "Yo, I wanna tell you something." He spoke as I took off my glasses.

"What's up?"

"You wanna....hang out with me and Wax?" Larenz asked. I know what's he trying to get into.

"Are y'all tryna smoke the fool who boxed me yesterday?" I questioned with my arms folded.

"We just gonna jump him, that's all. No 187, no tools, nothing." Renz explained as he played with some teddy bears on the bed.

"You sure?" I questioned suspiciously. Renz does this shit all the time and automatically gets me into trouble.

"Positive." He answered.

"No, renz." I replied as I focused back to my work.

"C'mon, Nia. You can chill in the car and we gonna do the jacking. I ain't gonna get you in trouble.....again." Larenz explained as I looked at him.

I bit my lip and shook my head.

"You said this last time and I nearly got myself arrested." I brought up.

1986
Flashback

Long story short, a few years ago before Larenz went to jail, He, Me, A-Wax and some bloods were just driving down a inside car parking lot in night. Then, all of a sudden, Renz jumped out and started to bang his 9 milli on a 87 Mercedes Benz and broke the open door.

"Renz, are you serious? Come back!" I yelled as Wax and some bloods stormed out of the car, leaving me alone inside.

"C'mon, Nia! You gonna get caught by the feds!" Renz yelled for me. I gave an annoyed sigh and opened the door then ran rapidly to the benz.

Larenz opened the car and jumped inside it. He opened the backseat door for me. "C'mon, jump inside." He ordered as I sat in the backseat next to A-Wax.

Larenz gave a evil crackle. "Nigga just hit the motherfucking jackpot!" He yelled as the others laughed.

He put the keys to the ignition and as he was about to start driving, I can hear the faint police sirens from the parking lot.

"Oh, shit! Let's roll!" Stacy yelled as everyone got out of the car including me.

Our old car was locked, and we couldn't get in. "See what happened, Renz?" I complained as he yelled a "shut the fuck up!"

"Nah, man we gotta make a run for it!" Wax obliged as Stacy nodded.

"Yeah, let's bust a move cause these niggas are coming!" Stacy yelled as everyone started to run at the end of the inside parking lot.

I stood there froze for a minute, as the sirens became louder and more closer.

"Nia, fuck you standing there for? C'mon!" Renz yelled as he grabbed my arms and ran down the street.

The police cars were chasing us down the street from the other entrace. Next thing you know, I'm running in a dark alley where I can still hear the faint police sirens coming closer.

"We need to break up." Wax decided.

"What? You want us to get caught-" Stacy was cutted off my Wax.