the popular kid ; jack johnson

By radjay

❝I want to be the reason you smile, the person you kiss, and the person who keeps you happy, but I can't be... More

The Popular Kid || Jack Johnson
Tonight's Suprise
The Park
Oops.
Having the flu
Neverland
The Pre-Party
Aftermath
Jogging to eat more
No biggie
Missing
T.V Screen
Tapping my window
Blackbeards
Relax
New kids
Jay's Date
Monday
Restroom Recovery
Six Flags: Magic Mountian
Imaginary Stars
Girls Night
Mall trip
New Years Eve
Hotel
Break's Last Day
Tape
Tape pt.2
Epilogue #1
Epilogue #2
Epilogue #3
note
Another note

The Party After

41.4K 758 564
By radjay

*Jezzabelle's POV*

We've been out here for about an hour in silence.

I could see worry in Eli's eyes.

Why do I care if Jack doesn't want to talk to me? It's not like he ever did until this year. If he liked me so much he should of asked me out those three years Eli was gone.

I shouldn't care about him.

I should be able to go inside and have fun on my best friend's birthday with my other best friend/boyfriend.

It was barely 7:20 so we still had time.

I worked to the courage to finally speak.

"Eli," I started and my voice was kinda shaky, "let's go inside. It's Macy's birthday and we should be able to have fun, not bail. I'm sorry I was just... getting claustrophobic." I lied about the ending but I still wanted to be with him.

I saw him look up and smile at me. His eyes we shimmering in the light.

"It's fine, I didn't mind. I like being in your presence even if we don't talk. I wouldn't care if we sat like this for hours as long as I'm with you." I was smiling now too because he made me feel better.

I don't need Jack. If I didn't need him years ago, why would I need him now?

"So you feeling better Nolan?" He asked.

"Way better Cameron." I said happily.

All I needed to do was talk to Eli and suddenly everything was back in place because of him.

He truly is a gift for like the gods.

"Well then let's go dance." He said holding out his hand and I took it.

We walked in and danced for what seemed like ever but it was great because I was with him. Most of the time we were cracking jokes and laughing a lot.

When we were dancing through one song I saw Jack in the corner of the room staring at us and he looked hurt. I was looking at him with anger and disappointment.

I would comfort him, but I can't and he told me goodbye. That he can't be my friend, so I'm not gonna act like his even if I have the urge.

I knew Jack didn't leave because he came here with Taylor in his car. They were gonna stay until the second party started.

A few minutes later, Macy's mom was talking on the microphone. The time was like 7:50.

"This is so sad to say but the night has come to end to my daughter's birthday ball. I appreciate everyone who came to support Macy on her 17th birthday. My daughter has a few words before you exit.

Macy walked up on the stage in her ball room and Taylor following waiting on he side. Yes, Macy has a ballroom in her house because her mom holds parties, but elegant ones like this.

"Thank you everyone who came. This has truly been an amazing birthday," She turned to Taylor and smiled. Cuties. She turned back and continued,"I hope you had a good night. This party wouldn't have been posible without my mom, literally." I laughed a bit because she wanted something simple but her mom insisted.

"Thank you all once again, goodnight." She finished.

I told Eli I was going to get Macy so we could go change. He told me he was gonna go get his clothes from his car.

I found Mace next the stage with Taylor. It was easy to find them because everyone already fled, well nearly everyone. About 15 people were still walking towards the door.

"Hey Mace!" I said.

"Oh so how was it? Did it bore you because I cuoldn't find you earlier?" She asked me.

"No. I was just taking in some fresh air with Eli."

"Oh okay." She said sounding uneasy. I gave her a like disapointed look that only she noticed because she's my best friend of course.

"Should we go get ready?" I asked.

"Um yeah!" She remembered she was still in a dress,"Taylor, we're gonna go get changed. I think you don't want to stay in that suit no matter how hot it looks on you." She flirted. I was getting unpatient but I didn't say anything because I was still happy for her.

"Ok. And I look smoking not hot. I'll text you once Jack and I are done." Taylor said winking.

"Yeah ok." Macy said and we walked away.

Right when we got to her room I pulled out my clothes I brought which was just black converse, shorts, and a t-shirt that said pizza in a heart.

"Jay what's up?!" She said walking in her closet pulling out shorts too and a hollister t-shirt.

"Jack is what's up." I said flatly.

"What'd he do?"

We were both carrying on looking in different corners of the room changing.

"He told me.." I began,"he liked me. Then said he can't be my friend because it won't work. He said he likes me so much and can't stand seeing me with Eli so he isn't my friend. He told me he wants to be the person who makes me happy."

"Before he left he said to look him in the eye and tell him if I feel the same and he wouldn't leave."

"Did you?" She asked.

"Of course not." I said dropping one tear I didn't know was building up.

"Jay it's ok. You have Elias. He doesn't see you are worth waiting for if something happens. He obviously is too selfish for you. Remember he's a popular and he's not worth your time if he acts like the others."

She pulled me into a hug.

"Mace I just feel so stupid." I hugged her back,"I thought he would have been different, made an effort. I thought this would work, but who cares, right. I do have Eli." I said trying to sound strong.

I was trying to convince myself and it was half working. I'm keeping my vow to have fun.

We broke the hug and we were already ready.

"You don't have to go downstairs right now. Taylor just texted me." Macy said.

"No I want to." I replied.

"Ok just stick with me or Eli." She warned.

"Ok." I said and we walked out the door.

*Taylor's POV*

*a few minutes before the text*

I just finished changing and threw my tux in the back seat.

A few minutes later Jack came out in casual clothes, like me, with his tux in his hands.

He threw it on the backseat like me and we just stood there outside.

I finally asked," Dude, what happened? You looked sad and bored in there?"

"Nothing. Just.. I don't want to talk about it." Jack replied.

Something's bothering him and I think it leads to Jezzabelle.

"What happened with you and Jezzabelle man? That's when you started moping."

"I think I mest up with her. I'm not enough and I think I hurt her." He said pulling his hands down his face.

"Not enough? Is it because she's dating Eli? And how'd you hurt her?" I asked because I was totally confused, but I still wanted to help my friend.

"I told her I can't be her friend because it won't work and it isn't working! I can stand her being with some else it's it's ....bullshit! I should've tried when he wasn't in the picture Taylor! I'm an idiot. I'm pretty sure I hurt her years, physically, and now I added another reason for her to hate me. I regret everything. I.. I ..I .. I just want to just know what it feels like to be with someone real. She's real." He was yelling with frustration and sadness.

I felt bad.

"You'll get through this Jack, You will. You can move on eventually. Tonight, just have fun alright? I'm not good with advice but I know you got this." I said. I was trying to comfort him because he's seriously hurting and I don't know how to fix this.

I've never seen him like this before.

"You're right. I will enjoy myself. Thanks." Jack said calming down.

"Look, I have to text Macy and tell her I'm done changing. You don't need to go if you don't want to. You can just wait for people to arrive." I said.

"No. I'm going inside. I can't be this way forever right." Jack said.

"Right." I texted Macy and we walked in.

People were all around Macy's yard setting up.

I saw a DJ setting up. Someone putting up a balloon arch. People setting around ice chests full of drinks, eventually someone will spike. Food being set inside and out.

Tonight seems fun.

*Jezzabelle's POV*

Mace and I went downstairs where we met Eli, Jack, and Taylor.

I'm kind of forced to stay with Jack for the rest of the night then I'm done.

We sat outside in the backyard on the table next to the pool.

We talked for a while just about random things.

Then Taylor spoke up," We should play a game!"

"Yeah!" I said because I was getting bored.

"Yeah." Eli mocked in a girl voice. I laughed a bit.

"Ok but what game?" Jack asked.

"Umm how about..never have I ever?" Macy suggested," I have a giant bag of M&M's we can use instead because my parents are still here."

I giggled. I'm not going for alcohol anyways.

We all said ok and she came back with a huge bag of M&Ms.

"I'll start!" Taylor yelled.

"Never have I ever kissed someone of the same sex." He said.

Everyone ate one, except Jack.

I laughed and asked,"Woah. When did this happen?" I was wigling my eyebrows.

"At a party once and we were playing truth or dare. I was kind of.. drunk." He laughed really low at himself.

"Kay My turn!" Macy said.

"Never have I ever.. kissed someone I really liked." She said that and glanced at Taylor.

The only who ate a M&M was Jack.

He does date a lot of fake girls.

"My turn!" I yelled.

"Never have I ever umm went skinny dipping."

Macy and I both ate one. I was sort of surprised Elias didn't eat one but I didn't care.

We kept playing and as we did people showed up until it was everyone.

The party began. I knew not to drink anything because people probably spiked the drinks and I have to drive home.

Loud music was playing and I was dancing alone, but I didn't mind. I'm supposed to have fun. I lost Eli in the crowd but I didn't mind.

Everything was fun and fine til the royal bitch showed up with her posse.

She took the DJ's mic. and made and an announcement.

"Hey I just wanted to wish Macy the worst birthday! I'm coming bitch for you and you friend!" Bethany threatened through the microphone but I ignored her.

I was getting thirsty so I decided to grab a drink. Macy and I were smart enough to keep a mini ice chest in her room under her bed with drinks.

I went to her room and got a dr.pepper and decided to stay up her for a while.

I went through the doors to the balcony in Macy's room.

I was looking around the party and there she was.

Bethany pushing Jack against a tree throwing herself on him. He was trying to get her off but I could tell but it wasn't working.

I continued looking around the party and saw one of her followers on Elias too! She was doing the same.

That was it. I went down to Eli first.

"Hey. Um there's a girl inside saying you're a hoe. She was calling you out. She had blonde hair you should go find her." I said trying to sound serious because I was saving my anger for Bethany.

"Well she can wait." She said looking back at Elias smiling trying to kiss him but he dodged every one. That me kinda happy.

"I don't think you should because she seemed pretty angry and she was alone. Don't you have back-up? I think she was seen with that jock what's his name, Todd?" I said trying to get her to leave. Todd was some cute jock but I didn't think he was everything like other girls did.

"Ugh. I'll be back baby." She said sounding flirty then going inside.

Once she left Eli said,"Thanks."

"I'm just annoyed with Bethany. I'm glad you didn't kiss her back. I would of been annoyed even more." I said, " I'll be back."

"I have a girlfriend. I don't need anyone else. And ok don't cause any trouble." He said.

"No promises!' I yelled walking to Bethany and Jack.

He knew I was going to do something stupid just knew I'd argue and he didn't want that.

"Bethany what the actual fuck?! Who do you think you are?" I asked her pissed off and some people turned and look at us.

"Well if you look who it is, The pathetic Jezzabelle?" She said smirking turning around,"Seen your boyfriend lately?"

"You know, why are here? You are so annoying like it is unexplainable. You had one of your hoe friends on my boyfriend and I'm sick of you. You disgust everyone around you! People only date you because they feel bad for you!" I spat.

"Aww are you sorry because you saw your boyfriend with another girl? News for you he doesn't like you! People don't give two shits about you Jezzabelle get it through you head! I have all the attention so how about you and your friend back the fuck off and leave Jack alone!" She screamed stomping her foot and more people turned.

"I don't give a fuck about attention and I could care less about who Jack ends up with unless it's you because I'd feel bad for him." I lied I do care. He should end up with someone better than Bethany,"You are just full of yourself you don't even know NO ONE CARES! My friend and are fed up with your bullshit!" I yelled back.

She jumped at me like I was going to do to her.

I punched, scratched, kicked, and kneed her so many times I lost count.

People one the sides were yelling, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

She was just clawing, pulling hair, and trying to punch. She was weak.

Two hands pulled me off her. Elias.

Jack finally made it through the crowd and grabbed her.

"Leave Bethany! Get the hint! You weren't invited because nobody wants you here just go!" I shouted.

"Ughhhh." She yelled in frustration and left.

A few seconds later her followers followed and the circle died down.

Eli saw I was shooting Jack glares and said he'd leave us to talk for a few minutes because he thought I needed to talk to him. Obviously because he wants me to calm down by talking to him.

Stupid move.

"Look Thanks." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"That wasn't for you. That was for my boyfriend." I spat.

"Still you got her away from me." He paused, "Jezzabelle I'm sorry if I hurt you in anyway or over the years. I regret everything. I'm such an idiot. I want to be your friend I was just jealous and selfish."

"I don't want your apology or pity. Leave me alone. You told me you would now do it. Just stop." I said to him seriously.

I don't need him and I don't want to need him. We should just go back to the way things were. He told me he didn't want to be friends so I don't want to.

"Okay, but just know I'll keep trying." He mumbled.

I walked away and said bye to Elias.

I was going to apologize to Macy tomorrow. I just needed to leave this place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 2.2K 44
What happens when you fall in love with your brothers best friend. Follow Selena's journey through the pain abuse the ups and downs As they say overp...
2.9K 59 29
Typical teens fall in love with each other and then something unexpected happens.
68.8K 907 47
love is too often times bittersweet
17.3K 567 50
'You're going to fall in love so many times before you find the one you'll be with forever. So think of it this way; you're one heartbreak closer to...